Above & Beyond Catering Reviews

Above & Beyond Catering 2
Above & Beyond Catering 3
  • Emily

Emily Powers · Married on 08/03/2019

Great experience, very organized!

Gina was so wonderful to work with for my wedding. She invited us for a tasting and my fiance and our mothers got to try all the apps and all the entree options. This is was very generous and so helpful when choosing our options. Gina worked with us every step of the way, she also helped to coordinate the rentals and she spent hours on the phone with me confirming each little detail. This is a great company and we will recommend them to friends and family.

Sent on 08/24/2019
    Above & Beyond Catering 4
  • Kristi

Kristi · Married on 06/22/2019

Excellent Catering and Service

This catering company was recommended to us for exceptional food at affordable prices! That is exactly what we got! We had so many people commenting on the delicious food and we were very happy with the cost and professionalism they provided for us! They worked closely with us and accommodated us on several occasions. I would definitely recommend this company and would use them again in the event of another occasion in the Greensboro area!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Lydia

Lydia · Married on 10/28/2018

Affordable and Delicious

Above & Beyond was incredible responsive and accommodating leading up to our wedding. They provided a menu with a diverse choice of foods for us to select, and they don't charge unnecessarily for rentals and alcohol! HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 12/11/2018

Kimberly Stewart · Married on 10/21/2018

Rocray Wedding

Amazing- simply amazing is how I sum up the food, service, responsiveness and professionalism Gina and her staff provided. The items I was stressing over Gina took care of and made it all perfect. I enjoyed every minute of my daughter’s wedding thanks to the great job Above and Beyond did.

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Renee

Renee · Married on 10/13/2018

Delicious food and amazing staff!

Gina and staff helped to make our wedding day perfect! The food and drinks were amazing and guests raved about it all night. To go along with the great food was such an amazing, friendly and helpful staff. You can truly tell they all love their jobs and it shows. Gina was AMAZING and the communication from beginning to end was effortless. She was prompt on returning emails and phone calls and made a large piece of the wedding puzzle smooth and stress free. I would highly recommend Gina and gang for any catering need events!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Above & Beyond Catering's reply:

Awe! Thank you Renee & John. Your wedding was amazing and we were honored to be part of it. Thank you!

Sandi · Married on 08/25/2018

Wow! From the get-go, Gina and her whole team were so professional and nice and helpful, we couldn’t believe our luck. Every step of the way, from planning to execution, Gina truly went above and beyond—from patiently explaining various options (we had never thrown a party like this before), to pulling everything together perfectly on the day of. She was always available to answer questions and she showed up every time we met with a smile and boundless energy. Everything was perfect for our son’s wedding celebration—an outdoor party with a top-of-the-line tent and all the tables/chairs/linens/catering/alcohol handled by Gina. We could not recommend her services more highly.

P.S. Her “Gin Tin” bar was the talk of the party. It’s amazing!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Alicia · Married on 08/18/2018

I would highly recommend Above & Beyond for at least their bar service. I didn't have the pleasure of using them for their Catering, but their bar service was absolutely amazing. Gina was so wonderful to work with and really helped make our day special.

Sent on 08/20/2018

Nicky · Married on 06/02/2018

Gina took the time to catch the vision of our event and worked to make it happen. She was fun to work with and her staff did a great job! I will use her again in the future and high recommend her to others.

Sent on 06/11/2018

Dani · Married on 06/02/2018

Gina (with Above&Beyond Catering) could not have been more incredible to work with in planning my wedding! The selections they offer at A&B are paramount, and the service they provide is without a doubt the greatest one could ever experience! Gina not only helped us plan out our menu, but she worked closely with Savvy Event Rentals to help me get the decor I dreamed about, for my vintage and intimate wedding! I don’t have one single complaint, and would absolutely encourage EVERYONE to go with A&B for their catering needs! Gina is truly in her calling with this business! I couldn’t have had my dream wedding without her!!!

Sent on 06/19/2018
    Above & Beyond Catering 5

Kerry · Married on 05/19/2018

We used Above & Beyond Catering for our May 2018 wedding and it was the best decision we ever made! Gina is amazing to work with and all the Above & Beyond staff are incredible. This company is nothing short of their name and went above and beyond from all of our planning to coming the day before to set up our venue. Gina & Tammy were more than just caterers, acting as our wedding coordinators. On top of all the amazing service we received, the food is delicious! This team is so kind and nice we truly felt like we were being taken care of by our own family on our big day. We can't recommend this company enough. They are incredible!

Sent on 07/15/2018

Richard · Married on 05/12/2018

From the time we first met all the way to the end of the event. Above and Beyond made sure everything was what we wanted. Also took our ideas and made them work for the event. It was a wonderful and painless time working with all of the company . We would and will recommend this service to all.

Sent on 06/11/2018
    Above & Beyond Catering 6

Tracy · Married on 10/07/2017

Gina and her staff at Above & Beyond Catering are amazing!!! She catered my daughters wedding on 10-7-17 and they did an excellent job from beginning to end. She was so easy and fun to work with, very professional when needs to be. The food was excellent, my daughter and her new husband are "extremely" picky eaters and she tweeked her menu to accommodate them plus satisfy all of our guests. Her bar service was excellent also, very friendly, responsible bartenders...specialty drinks were "delicious". Gina also did her bridal shower which was amazing!! I would absolutely recommend them for a wedding or any other event. Five star service for sure!!!!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Margaret · Married on 09/30/2017

Gina, you and your staff were amazing! We would like to thank you so very sincerely for the outstanding catering service you provided for our daughter's wedding on September 30, 2017 at the Hitching Post in Dayton, ME. In planning to choose a caterer, we knew choosing Above & Beyond to caterer their wedding would absolutely be the right chose, and we were right. From the very start, Gina's attention to detail was simply beautiful. Gina followed through on every step of the process from the start of the wedding right through to the end bringing much joy not only to the newly married couple, but to all the family and friends that celebrated their special evening. We cannot say that there was even one moment of doubt for my daughter or myself when it came to how the expertise and professionalism that Gina and her staff would bring forward when guest arrived. Their friendly smile's, to their willingness to help in anyway was yes, Above & Beyond, and this made the evening so special. The menu Gina offers is incredible. You can go from amazing appetizers, to a buffet, or a sit down dinner. Whatever you choose, you will not be disappointed. Our daughter and her husband wanted "comfort food" so they put together with the help of Gina, a menu that met their needs. Gina was so easy to work with and her suggestions along the way were spot on. The feedback we received from our guest was incredible. Comments shared were, how delicious and hot everything was, the flavor and tenderness the barbeque chicken and steak tips were. I do need to say, Gina makes an amazing Mac & Cheese in which everyone raved about. This was our daughter's favorite. Altogether, the catered wedding by Above & Beyond took all the pressure away and there was not a care in the world. We would like to say thank you to you all, not once, but many times over for the Fabulous job that made their wedding so memorable. We Highly recommend Above & Beyond! Gina you are amazing, and Five Star's goes to you!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Katelyn · Married on 08/26/2017

Oh man, I don't know if I have the words to describe how happy my husband and I are with our experience with Above & Beyond Catering. Gina, Tammy, and the whole A&B crew have been extremely helpful, responsive, and kind since the beginning - from helping us put together our rental order for the big day to helping us figure how the day should run; they literally went above and beyond for us! The food was incredible! I have been dreaming of the mac and cheese since the wedding! My husband and I had SO many of our guests come up to us and let us know how much they enjoyed the food. We're so happy with how everything turned out and are currently trying to think of a way to get Above & Beyond Catering to come over to cook us a dinner.

Sent on 09/01/2017

Christine · Married on 08/24/2017

We are beyond happy to have found this catering company. The food on our special day exceeded our hopes. Our guests still talk about how delicious the food was. This is exactly what we were hoping for! Everyone, including Gina was extremely professional and accommodating to us and our guests. Gina remained in contact through the whole process and we felt confident that our needs were being met. We would highly recommend them to anyone who will listen! We know our day was complete because of them.

Sent on 09/24/2017

Justin · Married on 02/11/2017

Everything was delicious people were raving about the food all night

Sent on 03/04/2017

Kathy · Married on 01/28/2017

St. Thomas School recently held our annual Silent and Live Auction at Above and Beyond Catering. From the start, Gina and her crew were very accommodating to all of our needs from setting up to the actual event. Gina and her staff make planning events easy and stress free. The night of the auction Gina and her staff made everyone feel welcomed and made sure we had everything we needed. We had a caterer's choice menu and the food was presented beautifully. The food was delicious and there was plenty so no guest left hungry. Gina and her staff make planning events easy and stress free. I would highly recommend Gina and above and beyond for all your catering needs.

Sent on 02/07/2017

kathleen · Married on 01/21/2017

I would highly recommend Above and Beyond for any of your celebration needs. I had my husbands 50th surprise party in the Sanford location, the food, service, atmosphere and night was amazing. Above and Beyond and the staff were over the top professional, helpful and made the night super easy for me to enjoy the night. The Sanford location was decorated so nicely and classy. I had the Caterers choice that night and the spread had so many food choices to meet everyones needs and like. Gina recommended a DJ and he was perfect for our event. So many people have never been to 4 Washington St. location and were blown away by how gorgeous it was. I would recommend Gina and her staff for any SPECIAL EVENT!!!

Sent on 02/06/2017

susie · Married on 01/07/2017

Food was delicious! People were raving about it all night!

Sent on 03/15/2017

Sheila · Married on 01/06/2017

This vendor is very accomodating and responds to questions quickly and with good suggestions.

Sent on 02/05/2017

Chelsy · event on 12/16/2016

We have hosted several company events with Above and Beyond at the Town Club in Sanford, Maine. They always live up to their name!! Their food selections are delicious (The steak tips are a favorite among our employees) and their staff is very friendly, helpful and efficient. The Town Club venue is an elegant, but comfortable setting that can easily be transformed for any type of event or season.
    We would highly recommend!

Sent on 02/06/2017

Vic · Married on 09/10/2016

How do we begin to explain our appreciation for Gina and her team? From the moment we met her and she was professional, gracious, and helpful. Gina welcomed our obscure requests, frequent menu changes, and millions of random wedding questions. Often times I give her all the credit for making my wedding as beautiful as it was! She didn’t blink an eye when she met with us when we didn’t know which way to turn, she welcomed our parents to her wedding- tasting when we could not go, she recommended her favorite vendors in the area who were just as professional, and helped organize our tent/table rentals ... that does not even begin to describe her food! Her catering options were endless, her suggestions and pairings were delicious, and the food was plentiful! I still have guests talking about how full and how delightful the food was! We even had her cater a lunch the next day (which she delivered in a mini-hurricane) that was just as abundant and tasty! She and her staff the day before, day of, and day after were SO polite and professional... they felt like family! She is a true visionary. I am going to miss working with Gina; especially our weekly (often daily) emails; she changed wedding planning from daunting to enjoyable. I would recommend her to anyone at anytime! Thank you Gina!

Sent on 09/16/2016

A · Married on 08/12/2016

Gina was amazing! Above and Beyond is such an accurate name, not only did she make sure the catering was on point but she guided me through all the details (like working with the rental company) and took the time to make sure my wedding flowed as smoothly as possible. She offered suggestions and alternatives bearing always my comfort, taste and style in mind. Her can do and cheerful nature was a pleasure to work with, she really relived a lot of the anxiety I had. Her staff was professional and really shined on the day of the event. My guests were well fed and taken care of.

Sent on 09/22/2016

Kathy · Married on 07/16/2016

Two weeks ago, Above and Beyond Catering catered our daughter's wedding reception at Broadturn Farm in Scarborough, Maine. There were 160 guests at this event which included a sit down dinner. I can't say enough good things about Gina Sawtelle and her catering company. First, we presented her with the request that all the food be sourced locally as much as possible - this entailed adapting recipes and reaching out to local farms for available produce - done. Second, we asked if she would work with someone who would be coming in to roast a pig for the event - no problem, done. Third, Gina helped us figure out the best arrangement for serving the guests in a manner that best suited the setting and the tone of the reception, and the Above and Beyond Catering crew was delightful and professional from the moment they arrived to their departure. But most importantly, throughout the planning process Gina was fully there for us - always with a smile and a "can do" attitude - this was so appreciated, especially considering this is the busiest time of year for her. Without any hesitation, I whole heartedly recommend this catering company!

Sent on 07/29/2016

Juliet · Married on 07/09/2016

My husband and I loved working with Gina and her crew at above and beyond catering. From the moment we met her we knew we wanted her for our wedding. Not only did everything sound and look delicious but she was so great and easy to work with. She never tried to “sell” us her business, just told us like it was and was very down to earth. And the food was amazing! Everyone raved about it! Her staff was amazing and treated us like King and Queen on our day! They made sure we got appetizers during the cocktail hour when we were getting pictures and everything else done, and then there was a plate of apps sitting on our table when we sat down! They made sure we got to eat and had whatever drink we wanted! The bar service was great as well! They we very reasonably priced and had no hidden fees or ridiculous fees like a cake cutting fee! We would highly recommend Gina and Above and Beyond Catering!

Sent on 08/09/2016