Above and Beyond Cakes Reviews

Above and Beyond Cakes 2
  • Carolyn

Carolyn · Married on 10/06/2018

Everything I invisioned and more

The cake was gorgeous and tasted great too!

Jeannette · Married on 07/14/2018

I love supporting local small businesses and veteran own businesses. Above and Beyond Cakes did a wonderful job with our wedding cake!! Daniel was awesome to work with, and quick with communication, not to mention, the cake tasted amazing (we are still getting compliments!) I would HIGHLY recommend Above and Beyond Cakes to anyone!.

• I

Ivy · Married on 11/19/2017

We had our wedding reception at Arden Hills so the cake was included with our chosen reception package, a deal in and of itself. Daniel and Meghan were extremely helpful and responsive from the moment I contacted them to start the cake choosing process. We had a cake tasting appointment set-up in no time, with guidance on what to choose ahead of time for sampling. It was a tough decision for sure! I'll be honest, I'm usually a "the more sugar, the better!" kind of cake girl, but I know not everyone likes that. Above & Beyond's cakes were light and fresh, absolutely delicious. Not overly sweet but with tons of flavor, all my guests loved them just as much as I did. And it looked beautiful as well! We had a coffee Kahlua cake with caramel mousse filling, and a lemon cake with cream cheese filling. We also had a little cake for just the two of us, in case we missed out on the big one (ha, like I'd miss those!) which was banana with chocolate buttercream. It was divine. On top of all this, I requested a groom's cake as a surprise for my husband in a baseball theme. Daniel helped me work through what I wanted to see and it turned out perfectly. There were all sorts of little touches and surprises Daniel and Meghan did for us that made our whole experience from start to cake devouring a wonderful process, and I would go to them again in a heartbeat!

Above and Beyond Cakes 3
    Above and Beyond Cakes 4

Stephanie · Married on 10/28/2017

We loved our wedding cake! The plan was to order a small two tier cake for pictures. The design and service went beyond our expectations. The cake was moist and delicious; we choose a strawberry champagne cake with whipped cream and strawberry filling. Everyone who got a piece raved about it!

Cheng · Married on 07/22/2017

Just had my wedding on 7/22 and our wedding cake was not only beautiful but delish!! Daniel was pleasant and easy to work with. He made recommendations based on what i wanted and he took the extra effort to make sure that my cake design matched my wedding. I also requested for a SF Giants cake for the groom and he gladly followed through! Cake was super moist, flavorful and frosting was amazing!! Our guests are still ranting about how good and refreshing it was. Cake was above & beyond scrumptious.

Kristy · Married on 07/07/2017

The cakes from here are fantastic. Daniel was so helpful in every way. All of our guest complimented the presentation of the cake as well as how delicious it was. I would highly recommend above and beyond cakes to anyone looking for a cake. I will definitely be back for another cake for smaller occasions!

Chantel · Married on 05/28/2017

Above & Beyond did my wedding cake! I honestly had no idea what I wanted the cake to look like but my fiancé and I sat down with Daniel and went through my Pinterest and found THE cake. :) I've never been to a cake tasting before so I was very excited going forward and I was not disappointed. The cakes and frosting tasted amazing! When I finally saw the cake at the reception I was ecstatic. They did a wonderful job and kept it nice and simple with the topper I provided. Unfortunately I didn't get to taste any at the wedding but I took the first tier home and loved it! Thank you Above and Beyond!

Patricia · Married on 04/22/2017

Loves our cake. Just what we wanted. Response time took a bit but some things were through email and they notified us about the delay in advance. Overall we were very happy and would recommend them to everyone

Elle · Married on 10/22/2016

Above and Beyond Cakes was AMAZING! Not only did the cake taste delicious (We're still getting compliments from guests!) but it was also SO beautiful and EXACTLY what we had talked about it looking like. I HIGHLY recommend Above and Beyond Cakes to anyone!

Dawn · Married on 11/06/2015

Above and Beyond cakes are wonderful !!! they did my wedding cake for me and I was a pain and they never got upset. They always gave me suggestions and ideas and did a small cake for my daughter the day of and gave my husband a groom cake they are the absolute best in the cake business...when you go to visit them in the store they treat you like family I love them Thank you Daniel and Megan you guys are the best !!!

love
    Dawn and Greg Folena

Alexandra · Married on 11/15/2014

We loved our wedding cupcake cake! It was awesome and everything we wanted. It was a pleasure working with Daniel & his staff. We were able to make our decisions quick & easily. We trusted their vision and knew we had found the right place. The customer service is great. I even got my husbands grooms cake here and it was huge hit! I will be a returning customer here and recommend it to everyone I know!

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 07/12/2014

The cake makers/decorators were extremely nice and their cake was delicious. We received may tips to not eat the one year anniversary cake top because it never tastes good, but this vendor will be making us a brand new top cake on our anniversary! They make not only great tasting cakes, but all my guests complemented on how tasty and moist it was. All their cakes are amazing and worth viewing online!

Kristen · Married on 01/04/2014

We were so happy to find Above & Beyond Cakes, which was the first bakery we visited and the last after we tasted their delicious cake and reviewed their amazing work. The owners helped us to stay in our budget while also helping bring our dream cake to reality. Our cake was so yummy (that we secretly wanted to hoard it for ourselves), and the cake topping they sculpted for us turned out amazing! We are truly grateful for their wonderful customer service and inspired by their artistry passion for cakes. Thank you Daniel and Meghan!

april · Married on 11/16/2013

I just want to thank above and beyond cakes for my wedding cake. Its was so beautiful! I couldn't of asked for anything better. I didn't just look good it tasted good too!!! I would refer any bride to them. Thank you!

Karen · Married on 10/26/2013

Besides being the most delicious cake we've ever eaten, it was gorgeous! Our friends and relatives remarked it was the first time they'd ever seen a wedding cake, including the auxiliary sheet cake, finished at a wedding. We had the special fall pumpkin spice cake and the lemon. Nice people, great service, no worries.

Amazing cake had the chocalate with cookies n cream filling!!! Omg yum!!!! They were so nice and made it enjoyable and took a pic I found and made it our own!!! FOR SURE go with them

Kelly · Married on 06/08/2013

Megan and Daniel were the best! They were able to provide cupcakes for my wedding very last minute, and everything was perfect! They have a large selection of flavors and they all taste amazing. I'm very happy we found this bakery!

Jennifer · Married on 06/03/2016

I love supporting local small businesses and this was the perfect bakery to work with for our wedding cake. Daniel and Meghan were great to work with. My mom and I met with Daniel for an initial consultation to go over a cake design, cost estimate, and for a tasting (free). He had given us a choice of 3 cake and 3 filling flavors to sample. We discussed the vision I had for the cake. He also showed us pictures of previous cakes they had designed to give me further guidance and to show what Meghan can do. We ultimately chose them and I'm glad we did. All my correspondence with them was professional and timely. The price was reasonable. The cake was GORGEOUS! I got so many positive comments from my guests. It was a 3 tiered cake. The middle tier mimicked the beading and embroidery of my dress (I had sent him a photo of my dress). It was just how I imagined it. We had chosen 2 cake flavors and 2 fillings - coffee Kahlua cake with caramel buttercream and pink champagne cake with fresh strawberries and whipped cream filing. The latter was heaven although the Kahlua one was delicious also. They also included a free small groom's cake which was chocolate cake with chocolate ganache filling (my husband's choice). That was so decadent and rich! I will also note that my mom chose them to make the cake for my bridal shower. That was awesome! My shower was a Star Wars bride theme. So the cake looked like a small wedding cake but with white chocolate Death Star, Millennium Falcon, X-Wing fighters and a TIE fighter. They had gotten special molds just so they can create these decorations for my cake. It really was beautiful and awesome, and I didn't want to cut into it. Overall, I could not have been more pleased with their service and cakes. I would definitely consider them for another event.

Elizabeth · Married on 10/06/2018

4.2
      3.0
      3.0

Tasty but expensive

Above and Beyond was a nice experience with the cake tasting and building our order. The owners are definitely knowledgeable about cakes and decorating. We got a very small, 1 tier cake with an extended layer to make it a little taller. The piping was beautiful but there was supposed to be a ribbon wrapped along the bottom and it wasn't there. I'm sure it was a miscommunication because I changed my order at one point. We got a free grooms cake with our order and somewhere in the transportation process it was completely ruined. It could have been after they dropped it off, I'm not sure when it happened. Both cakes tasted great. They also offer to make you a small cake for your 1 year anniversary for free which is much better than freezing the top layer!