Above and Beyond Cakes

9372 Elk Grove Florin Road, Elk Grove, CA 95624 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Above and Beyond Cakes

It all started back in 1999 when Meghan's older sister wanted a 2nd wedding cake for her hometown wedding reception, to celebrate with her California family and friends who could not travel to the Virginia wedding. Meghan was certainly up for the challenge and took an 8 week cake decorating class to learn simple buttercream piping techniques. This is where her love for baking, designing and sculpting cakes began. Amongst her peers, Meghan is considered to be an accomplished artist in areas of painting, sculpting, illustrations and graphic designs.

We are very proud that our cakes and other pastries are baked fresh (never frozen!) onsite at our Elk Grove bakery. Our fillings and frostings are also made fresh with only the finest & freshest ingredients.

Above & Beyond Cakes offers more than just delicious ingredients and creative designs... they are a symbol and extension of our client's taste, style and personality. We strive for perfection in all our cake creations. Our cakes, cupcakes and other confections are joyful centerpieces for all of life’s celebrations - including weddings, anniversaries, showers, birthdays, and bar mitzvahs.

Follow Above and Beyond Cakes on

Above and Beyond Cakes 4
Above and Beyond Cakes 5

Gloria Lee · Married on 10/05/2019

Very professional!

The cake tasting was fun and they even gave us an extra flavor to take home! They answered all our questions and were very responsive. Would highly recommend!

Above and Beyond Cakes 6
    Sent on 11/24/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 08/31/2019

Best cake I have ever had in my life!

Above and Beyond Cakes did an amazing job on our wedding cake! The unique flavors and friendly owners are why we went with them. We did not even look anywhere else for Cakes because after the cake tasting we were sold! We were able to design our cake right there based off of pictures we liked and it was the easiest part of the entire wedding planning process! We had a three layered cake with the following flavors: churro flavored with Carmel cake, an oreo with chocolate mousse, and a strawberry with cheesecake frosting cake. Each layer was fantastic! Guests were raving about the unique flavors and loved that it wasn’t plain vanilla or chocolate. We booked Above and Beyond Cakes in December for our wedding in August. Daniel one of the owners checked in with me throughout those months to see if I needed to update anything I thought that was so considerate!
    They delivered the cake and it was gorgeous! When we cut into it tasted even better than the cake tasting! We can’t thank them enough for such a wonderful cake!

Above and Beyond Cakes 7
    Above and Beyond Cakes 8
    Above and Beyond Cakes 9
    Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Hohenhaus · Married on 06/29/2019

Pink champagne yasssss

I'm going to be honest, I really did not want a wedding cake, but my in-laws insisted. I'm glad that they did because THIS CAKE WAS DA BOMBBBBB.

The wedding cake tasting was SO fun. I was able to have 4 people, so it was me and my dude, plus my niece and nephew.

Every tasting was AH-MAZ-ING. We ended up going with pink champagne and carrot cake. They also offer a free groom's cake so the groom can get a flavor that he likes if he isn't really into what the bride chose.

We decided to keep the design simple, and they came up with the great idea to use the pattern of my wedding dress as the pattern on the cake. It was simple and beautiful (we added our own Sacramento Kings topper to the top--this was not part of their design...but I bet they would've done it if I had asked!!)

I also love that we didn't need to freeze the top tier. They will make you a new top tier for your one year anniversary!! Nice, fresh, delicious cake.

Above and Beyond Cakes 10