9372 Elk Grove Florin Road, Elk Grove, CA 95624 Map · Phone number
  • Photos
  • Real Weddings 1

About Above and Beyond Cakes

It all started back in 1999 when Meghan's older sister wanted a 2nd wedding cake for her hometown wedding reception, to celebrate with her California family and friends who could not travel to the Virginia wedding. Meghan was certainly up for the challenge and took an 8 week cake decorating class to learn simple buttercream piping techniques. This is where her love for baking, designing and sculpting cakes began. Amongst her peers, Meghan is considered to be an accomplished artist in areas of painting, sculpting, illustrations and graphic designs.

We are very proud that our cakes and other pastries are baked fresh (never frozen!) onsite at our Elk Grove bakery. Our fillings and frostings are also made fresh with only the finest & freshest ingredients.

Above & Beyond Cakes offers more than just delicious ingredients and creative designs... they are a symbol and extension of our client's taste, style and personality. We strive for perfection in all our cake creations. Our cakes, cupcakes and other confections are joyful centerpieces for all of life’s celebrations - including weddings, anniversaries, showers, birthdays, and bar mitzvahs.

Follow Above and Beyond Cakes on

20 Reviews for Above and Beyond Cakes

Above and Beyond Cakes 1
Above and Beyond Cakes 2
Above and Beyond Cakes 3
  • Alexandra

Alexandra Hohenhaus · Married on 06/29/2019

Pink champagne yasssss

I'm going to be honest, I really did not want a wedding cake, but my in-laws insisted. I'm glad that they did because THIS CAKE WAS DA BOMBBBBB.

The wedding cake tasting was SO fun. I was able to have 4 people, so it was me and my dude, plus my niece and nephew.

Every tasting was AH-MAZ-ING. We ended up going with pink champagne and carrot cake. They also offer a free groom's cake so the groom can get a flavor that he likes if he isn't really into what the bride chose.

We decided to keep the design simple, and they came up with the great idea to use the pattern of my wedding dress as the pattern on the cake. It was simple and beautiful (we added our own Sacramento Kings topper to the top--this was not part of their design...but I bet they would've done it if I had asked!!)

I also love that we didn't need to freeze the top tier. They will make you a new top tier for your one year anniversary!! Nice, fresh, delicious cake.

Sent on 08/05/2019
    Above and Beyond Cakes 4
  • Carolyn

Carolyn · Married on 10/06/2018

Everything I invisioned and more

The cake was gorgeous and tasted great too!

Sent on 12/06/2018

Jeannette · Married on 07/14/2018

I love supporting local small businesses and veteran own businesses. Above and Beyond Cakes did a wonderful job with our wedding cake!! Daniel was awesome to work with, and quick with communication, not to mention, the cake tasted amazing (we are still getting compliments!) I would HIGHLY recommend Above and Beyond Cakes to anyone!.

Sent on 07/23/2018