Above and Beyond Cakes

9372 Elk Grove Florin Road, Elk Grove, CA 95624 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Above and Beyond Cakes

It all started back in 1999 when Meghan's older sister wanted a 2nd wedding cake for her hometown wedding reception, to celebrate with her California family and friends who could not travel to the Virginia wedding. Meghan was certainly up for the challenge and took an 8 week cake decorating class to learn simple buttercream piping techniques. This is where her love for baking, designing and sculpting cakes began. Amongst her peers, Meghan is considered to be an accomplished artist in areas of painting, sculpting, illustrations and graphic designs.

We are very proud that our cakes and other pastries are baked fresh (never frozen!) onsite at our Elk Grove bakery. Our fillings and frostings are also made fresh with only the finest & freshest ingredients.

Above & Beyond Cakes offers more than just delicious ingredients and creative designs... they are a symbol and extension of our client's taste, style and personality. We strive for perfection in all our cake creations. Our cakes, cupcakes and other confections are joyful centerpieces for all of life’s celebrations - including weddings, anniversaries, showers, birthdays, and bar mitzvahs.

Follow Above and Beyond Cakes on

19 Reviews for Above and Beyond Cakes

Above and Beyond Cakes 1
Above and Beyond Cakes 2
  • Carolyn

Carolyn · Married on 10/06/2018

Everything I invisioned and more

The cake was gorgeous and tasted great too!

Jeannette · Married on 07/14/2018

I love supporting local small businesses and veteran own businesses. Above and Beyond Cakes did a wonderful job with our wedding cake!! Daniel was awesome to work with, and quick with communication, not to mention, the cake tasted amazing (we are still getting compliments!) I would HIGHLY recommend Above and Beyond Cakes to anyone!.

• I

Ivy · Married on 11/19/2017

We had our wedding reception at Arden Hills so the cake was included with our chosen reception package, a deal in and of itself. Daniel and Meghan were extremely helpful and responsive from the moment I contacted them to start the cake choosing process. We had a cake tasting appointment set-up in no time, with guidance on what to choose ahead of time for sampling. It was a tough decision for sure! I'll be honest, I'm usually a "the more sugar, the better!" kind of cake girl, but I know not everyone likes that. Above & Beyond's cakes were light and fresh, absolutely delicious. Not overly sweet but with tons of flavor, all my guests loved them just as much as I did. And it looked beautiful as well! We had a coffee Kahlua cake with caramel mousse filling, and a lemon cake with cream cheese filling. We also had a little cake for just the two of us, in case we missed out on the big one (ha, like I'd miss those!) which was banana with chocolate buttercream. It was divine. On top of all this, I requested a groom's cake as a surprise for my husband in a baseball theme. Daniel helped me work through what I wanted to see and it turned out perfectly. There were all sorts of little touches and surprises Daniel and Meghan did for us that made our whole experience from start to cake devouring a wonderful process, and I would go to them again in a heartbeat!

Above and Beyond Cakes 3