About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians Reviews

260 | San Diego, CA

260 Reviews for About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians

linda · Married on 09/04/2015

About Music Pro did an incredible job at our wedding! They were very organized and made sure our wedding went off as planned. They filled the role of a wedding planner/coordinator by helping us coordinate and make decisions about each phase of our wedding. They provided a classical pianist at our ceremony and a jazz pianist at our cocktail hour. During the reception our play list was exactly what we wanted! All of the events were on time and my friends and family exclaimed how great they were. Our wedding would not have been the same without them!

Sent on 11/04/2015

riley · Married on 08/30/2015

DJ/ Gary Rich rocked our wedding! He provided guitar for the wedding ceremony and DJ/MC for the reception. He kept the whole crowd dancing all night long. Gary arrived early and set everything up before the ceremony started, He knew how to feel the crowd, and was a wonderful MC!
    About Music Pro is awesome and Gary Rich provided exceptional customer service and follow through as well.
    Thank you for making my wedding a party of a lifetime!

Sent on 10/28/2015

lillian · Married on 08/28/2015

Gary Rich performed at our wedding and did the most amazing job! He played everything we asked for and more, and even minutes before my father daughter dance, he was able change our song and never missed a beat. Gary was extremely professional, meeting a month ahead of time with us to make sure they knew what direction we were headed with our music and agenda choices,
    Gary was an amazing DJ/MC. All he wants to do is make your event perfect. I am extremely happy with the service I got! Thanks Gary :)

Sent on 10/21/2015

sophia · Married on 08/23/2015

We had About Music Pro do all the music for our wedding and reception, and they made the night so much fun! All of our guests were commenting about how talent and professionalism they exhibited. They did a great job choosing the best songs, at the right time, which kept everyone dancing! They even were able to come up with some obscure songs that were requested by our guests, and everything flowed perfectly throughout the event. I would 110% recommend About Music Pro and would use them again when I have another need!

Sent on 10/14/2015

mia · Married on 08/22/2015

Thanks to Gary Rich, at About Music Pro, my wedding was perfect! We had Gary play ukulele for our ceremony and cocktails and DJ/MC for our reception. The music at our ceremony and
    cocktail hour was exactly what we were looking for a Hawaiian/Island feel. During the reception the dance floor was hoping all night long. They had all the right music and with perfect timing. We could go to Gary in the middle of the dancing with a rare song request and he would have it.
    I was so impressed by the professionalism of this company and how they met all of our needs. All requests made by our guests was made and everyone was highly impressed. Not to mention how awesome the prices were! I will always refer friends and relatives to About Music Pro for weddings and parties. Best musician and DJ hands down.

Sent on 10/09/2015

ava · Married on 08/21/2015

These guys are awesome! They provided a guitarist for our ceremony and DJ for our wedding and were professional, affordable and just awesome! Very easy to work with and we loved every single song that was played at the ceremony and reception. We had a very diverse crowd and everyone ended up dancing thanks to these guys!! Our best memories from our wedding are of dancing along with the music these guys played!

Sent on 09/23/2015

polly · Married on 08/15/2015

I'm going to add to the consistency of rave reviews for About Music Pro. They made party planning easy. Communication with Gary was prompt and professional. We had a string duo for ceremony and cocktails they were exceptional musicians! During the reception he DJ played all our favorites and my guests wanted to know how I found my DJ and musicians. I rarely give reviews but thought these guys deserved another 5 star +++ write up!

Sent on 10/07/2015

genna · Married on 08/14/2015

About Music Pro did a fantastic job and everyone had fun and danced all night We had a large variety of guests, some older people who like to dance to Latin music and swing, and a big younger crowd who wanted club music. Gary Rich walked the line beautifully, and everyone had a blast. He also kept the volume just right - loud enough to keep the party going, but low enough that the older people could hold a conversation. I had a lot of song requests for About Music Pro and he did a great job, I'm delighted that my cousin recommended them to me, and would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 09/22/2015

karly · Married on 08/09/2015

I used About Music Pro for my wedding. I researched a lot of companies and I really think I got a great deal with them. They also did my sister's wedding. I had an incredible string trio for the ceremony and cocktails and Gary Rich’s 5-piece band and DJ/MC for the reception. They were great and flexible with all our music and agenda requests.
    Gary was the bandleader and DJ/MC and he was awesome! We are so glad that we went with them!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Gary with About Music was great. He played a guitar for our ceremony and cocktail hour and then was our DJ for our reception. He was great during both phases. He was also really easy to contact and quickly returned calls. I had multiple guests comment how much they enjoyed the music he played. Thanks Gary.

Sent on 08/22/2015

enya · Married on 08/07/2015

EXCELLENT service from beginning to end! Everyone really had a great time and it all came together only because of the DJ and musicians. I received calls back and responses to my emails immediately. They were punctual,and gave us the best value for the price. They had an extensive music selection and were responsive to our guest's requests. Each communication with them was friendly and they were professional in every way! Thank you About Music Pro!

Sent on 09/19/2015

chrissy · Married on 08/02/2015

Our DJ from About Music Pro did a fantastic job with our wedding. There were more than 200 people at the event and he had the dance floor filled all evening! He was fantastic at reading the crowd and was able to keep the party alive and fun! I have held several large events and would highly recommend About Music Pro for your next event! He was very responsive, a true professional, and easy to work with.

Sent on 09/18/2015

candis · Married on 07/31/2015

As a DJ/MC, I highly recommend Gary! He was very professional, arriving early, periodically checking in with us to make sure everything was going well, and he did a fantastic job with the announcements. His mixing skills were outstanding and many guests complimented us on how great he was. We asked for help with song selections for the ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and the ones he suggested were perfect and the dance floor was packed all night. I would hire About Music Pro again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/11/2015

brigid · Married on 07/26/2015

Gary Rich at About Music Pro was recommended to us by our wedding planner, and he truly is a fantastic musician, and DJ/MC for our San Diego wedding. We had a string trio for our ceremony, a jazz trio for our cocktail hour and a 5 piece band with a DJ for our reception, Gary was involved in every aspect of the music, he was exceptional at determining the room's atmosphere and enhancing it with excellent music choices and appropriate volume levels. My husband and I are big dancers, we couldn't stay off the dance floor. Gary is a very versatile entertainer he put together a very original event that we will cherish the memories for the rest of out lives. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, he was friendly, helpful, and extremely professional. We couldn't recommend him more highly.

Sent on 09/04/2015

anita · Married on 07/24/2015

Gary, the owner, and Ed, our DJ/MC and Eric, our guitarist, were all-fantastic to work with. Owner Gary listened to what we wanted and paired us with DJ/MC Ed and Guitarist Eric. We met again and he gave us insightful and thoughtful suggestions for our ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and reception. We were very impressed with the quality and the professionalism of Gary, Ed and Eric. Cheers to all, for a job well done!

Sent on 08/29/2015

sydney · Married on 07/19/2015

We hired Gary from About Music Pro for our wedding and he was truly amazing! He was extremely professional and accommodating, and was the perfect musician and host to our wedding. When it came to getting people on the dance floor, he was a great party motivator. He kept the party going all night long. He was also able to perfectly capture all our music taste based on the music list we provided prior to the wedding. We got many compliments on what a great DJ and musician we had and can't wait to refer him and About Music Pro to others!

Sent on 08/21/2015

julia · Married on 07/18/2015

We hired About Music Pro for our wedding ceremony and reception and the entire experience was great. Throughout the process we met with Gary to review all applicable details. He made the process completely stress free. Gary is clearly an expert in his business and helped us plan the music as well as kept the flow of the entire reception. On the big night Gary was, in a nutshell, the best wedding DJ and guitarist I'd ever seen. As the bride, I may be biased, but we had multiple guests comment on how great of job that Gary did.
    I wouldn't hesitate to recommend About Music Pro and Gary for a wedding reception or any other event.

Sent on 08/19/2015

lucy · Married on 07/17/2015

Gary is the reason that our wedding day was so perfect! You can tell that he has a lot of passion for what he does and he really knows what to do. We loved all of his suggestions! Every single request that we made was accommodated down to every detail, and he was very attentive throughout the day. Our guests talked about how packed the dance floor was and how great the music was. What you want most on your wedding day is for your guests to remember how much fun they had, and it is because of Gary that we can look back on that day and say everyone had a blast! We would absolutely highly recommend him!

Sent on 08/17/2015

maria · Married on 07/12/2015

You can see from Gary’s reviews that he is well loved. It's been four weeks since our wedding and everyone keeps talking about how great it was. We attribute it to Gary! He played awesome piano and then, as a DJ, lots of hits for all ages. If you want an awesome wedding that your friends will love, and you want a personal and professional musician and DJ ,Gary is your man! Thank you Gary!

Sent on 08/14/2015

anna · Married on 07/11/2015

Gary from About Music Pro was the DJ and musician for our wedding and he was incredible! We met with him before our wedding and he was very easy to work with. Most importantly, he managed to seamlessly integrate our genres of music ('90's for my wife and current hip hop for myself plus other top 40) into an excellent play list that never once had a down moment. He also played guitar for the ceremony and cocktails and was excellent. I recommend Gary Rich and About Music Pro to everyone!

Sent on 08/12/2015

ellie · Married on 07/10/2015

When it comes to hiring a wedding DJ, I cannot imagine a better experience then we had with About Music Pro.
    Gary Rich was our DJ. He listened to our likes and dislikes, explained the process to us, and made sure we knew what to expect. He was able to figure out our musical tastes from the huge request list that we gave him, and he was patient and tolerant.
    His emcee skills were top-notch and he really got the crowd going on our entrance. He facilitated our agenda flawlessly and we will forever be grateful!
    Highly recommended.

Sent on 08/10/2015

avery · Married on 07/05/2015

We got everything we asked for, and more, from our DJ/MC, Gary Rich, who performed at our wedding. The party was unstoppable! People are still talking about it. We had a ton of compliments from our guests about how great the music was and how well it was mixed. The dancing never stopped during the reception and I definitely recommend About Music Pro for an awesome guaranteed party! Gary is totally worth it and he was super professional and knew how to throw the bash of a lifetime! Thanks DJ Gary Rich!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2015

Gary was so great for our event. He played guitar for our ceremony and cocktail hour and then transitioned to DJ. We were so happy with his services and would recommend him!

Sent on 07/02/2015

charlotte · Married on 06/14/2015

Gary Rich rocked our wedding! From the initial planning and conversations to the wedding night, Gary was an absolute pleasure to work with...in addition; he's an amazing DJ, emcee and guitarist. We gave Gary a challenging list of requirements that included integrating Latino music, a first dance medley of 2 songs, and a few classics that needed a charge-up. Gary flawlessly executed and exceeded our expectations. Everyone at the wedding had a great time. Thank You!!!

Sent on 07/01/2015

mia · Married on 06/13/2015

My husband and I had crazy high expectations for the music at our wedding. Gary, from About music Pro, surpassed them with flying colors. We had a guitar and violin duo for the ceremony and cocktails. We had multiple guests ask us how we were able to find such a great DJ and musical duo with such great music selection. We, of course, had a list of songs we wanted to hear that we gave him beforehand, but Gary was able to pull from that short list our general vibe and nailed it perfectly. For us, he hit everything from current radio pop and hip-hop hits all the way back to the classic soul recordings that inspired them. Throughout the pre-planning process, he was completely professional and easy to work with. We'd readily recommend him for anyone getting married or just trying to throw a killer dance party!

Sent on 06/24/2015