About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians Reviews

260 | San Diego, CA

260 Reviews for About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians

aubrey · Married on 05/29/2016

Gary Rich delivered nothing less than perfection at my May 29th 2016 wedding. Preparation with him involved nearly countless emails between the two of us, some of which I was definitely embarrassed to send at the most stressful points of wedding planning - but throughout it all Gary was calm, cool, and collected. We also were able to have an awesome meeting in downtown San Diego he suggested, which is now a go-to place for my now-husband and I every time we go downtown. The day of, he acted as wedding planner and kept everything "on track". While we enjoyed it all, stress free, thanks to him. If we ever have another occasion to need a DJ/MC, I know who we will call without hesitation. Thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 06/13/2016

Joyce · Married on 05/28/2016

Other wedding had a lot of genres and there was a timeline for each ,he kept it all flowing.

Sent on 06/05/2016

natalie · Married on 05/20/2016

One of the best decisions I made for our wedding was to hire About Music Pro for my wedding. From start to finish, it was an amazing and stress-free experience. Right after we met Gary (owner) both my husband and I knew they was the right fit for us: relaxed, fun and helpful. And we were right! The dance floor was full the entire night - with everyone from our 5-year-old niece through to my 90-year-old grandpa. They was super helpful in getting us ready for the big day and they were a star during the ceremony and reception(creating the exact feel we wanted). I would hire About music Pro again in a heartbeat. So, so, so amazing!

Sent on 05/29/2016

layla · Married on 05/15/2016

Gary Rich is a wonderful guitarist, pianist and DJ ... I didn’t have a lot of experience hiring a musician and DJ and Gary made it easy! From the first time we met I knew he was the right choice for our wedding. He was very helpful with our agenda and choosing our songs. When it came to our wedding day he played classical guitar for our ceremony and reggae guitar for the cocktail hour. He then switched hats and became our DJ/MC for the grand entrance and first dance. During the dinner hour, he played piano and all of our favorite jazz standards that we had requested. We were blown away by his versatility and professionalism. I would recommend him for all events. He helped make our day incredible and we are eternally grateful! Thank you so much Gary!!!

Sent on 05/22/2016

victoria · Married on 05/07/2016

We hired About Music pro for our wedding in May 7th 2016. They were absolutely awesome throughout the process. We worked most closely with Gary and he was excellent. We met by phone with him twice, and also found him to be very responsive by email. We had lots of questions and even some special requests that were all taken care of, such as asking him to shorten and loop our processional music. Our guests loved his DJing and his professionalism in making all the announcements. He also played phenomenal piano for our dinner hour--we received tons of compliments and were so happy with the service.

Sent on 06/03/2016

matthew · Married on 04/30/2016

Gary was the perfect mix of professionalism and fun. He was the highest rated in the area and it showed why. The guests raved about how great he was. Everything from the guitar playing ceremony, DJ-ing all night, to the Saxophone player working the crowd and dance floor, the night was unforgettable.
    If you are in the area and looking for a professional who is just flat out good at his job, then your search should end here. Highly highly recommended and very happy that we made the right choice. One of my favorite parts was during one of our conversations when Gary asked if we needed help with coordinating the wedding or anything else through the night. Gary just wants to help anyway he can and did more than enough to make our wedding so memorable.

Sent on 07/07/2016

nora · Married on 04/29/2016

We hired Gary DJ/MC for our wedding at the Torrey Pines lodge in April of this year. He nailed it. Not only is he a fantastic guy all around, he fulfilled our wish to have a truly epic night of dancing. At the end of the evening our wedding planner summed it up as follows: "One of the most enthusiastic dance parties I have seen. Everyone was jubilant!" Thanks again DJ Gary!

Sent on 07/09/2016

ella · Married on 04/23/2016

Gary is a wonderful musician and DJ/MC He preformed at our wedding and did an incredible job playing all our request songs and really kept the party going. It was a great stress-free experience! He arrived on time and set up quickly and really helped us coordinate the whole day from the wedding through the reception. We requested a song at the last minute to be played for the processional and he learned it and played the song beautifully! I highly recommend him!

Sent on 04/29/2016

Julia · Married on 04/09/2016

Gary Rich was a breath of relief for wedding planning. He was courteous, responsive, and flexible to my needs. He was 100% professional, and he provided exactly the music I wanted to hear for the ceremony and the reception. He also offered a variety of packages to fit our musicals needs, and the price kept our budget in check. His versatility enabled us to use him as the pianist for the ceremony, he played guitar for the cocktail hour, and then finished off the night as the DJ. For the six hours of our wedding and reception, he was a delight to listen to, and he kept the ebb and flow just right! I give my highest recommendation for him and his counterparts for your venue!

Sent on 04/12/2016

avery · Married on 10/18/2015

Nothing could rival how beautiful the music was at our nuptials and reception. Communication leading up to and throughout the event was second to none. Gary was skillful at performing the acoustic version of "A thousand years" for us to walk down the aisle to. I would hire About Music again without hesitation for any future events. The high light of out wedding was the music. Thank you so much!

Sent on 03/26/2016

Christina · Married on 10/17/2015

WOW! About music Pro really pulled it off! From the first day, Gary was extremely responsive to my emails and phone calls. I would email him and he would respond immediately. About Music Pro provided my ceremony music (violin and guitar), DJ, and lighting. Our wedding had a subtle Star Wars theme running through it. We wanted the instrumental into and throne room music from Episode 4 of Star Wars, and Gary perfectly and seamlessly integrated these pieces into our ceremony. Our guests, many of them Star Wars fans, absolutely loved it!! We knew we wanted a salsa dance as our entrance song, but we didn't know which one. Gary picked out the perfect piece on the spot! Gary kept the party going all night. Even my 84 year old grandmother was breaking it down on the dance floor!

Sent on 11/01/2015

mia · Married on 10/09/2015

Gary played the most beautiful music at our wedding ceremony. Hearing the guitar as people started to arrive had such a calming effect. I knew we were in good hands! Most of what he played was classical works, which we requested, and it really made our ceremony feel unique.
    Gary is a superlative professional, and exactly the type of person that you want playing and running the show at your wedding.
    He then readily switched hats and became our DJ/MC for the reception. He guided us through the whole event seamlessly making all the announcement and playing all our requested songs. He prompted us on every event and made sure all the important players knew what was about to happen with ample warning. (best man, maid of honor, parents, us) Gary did a awesome job and my sister is already planning to hire him for her wedding next year.

Sent on 03/19/2016

bryanna · Married on 10/04/2015

We had Gary Rich and his band, "The Blue Daddy's", at our wedding and they were incredible! They really knew how to adjust the song choices to keep the crowd on the dance floor. Gary was a great MC and coordinator and helped get all of the important segments of our event done in a timely manor. It was so much fun to have a live band put an original twist on all our favorite songs. I would hire them again in a New York minute. I have already recommended them to my cousin for her wedding. Thank you so much.

Sent on 02/19/2016
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Married on 10/03/2015

Gary Rich was an absolute pleasure to work with. For couples looking for live music for their ceremony and DJ services for the reception, Gary is their perfect fit. His glowing reviews are a direct reflection of his work. With little direction, Gary is able to provide clients with an eclectic list of music that brings all age groups onto the dance floor - a serious accomplishment.

Not to mention, as a planner, releasing tables to a buffet line can be a stressful task, as you do not want guests waiting in an endless line. Gary was able to escort each table flawlessly without projecting it via microphone. This not only demonstrates his flexibility in his services, but also his understanding for tasteful execution.

The wedding I coordinated occurred on New Years Eve, so Gary was expected to provide 10+ hours of engaging music - a task he accomplished flawlessly. My bride was extremely satisfied with the outcome as well. I look forward to recommending Gary to my future clients and working with him soon!

Sent on 01/30/2016

callie · Married on 10/03/2015

Fantastic! About Music Pro was so quick to respond to my emails and phone calls they were so helpful. I was planning my wedding from New York and they were so incredible to work with. I had many ideas and truly appreciated their input. They made it easy to coordinated such a Hugh event. The whole event was seamless because our guests had such a great time!
    They were so organized with the timing of everything and always checked in with me to see if I wanted to make any adjustments to the agenda I provided them. They can definitely read a crowd and moved the party to a new level. That is so crucial for a DJ/MC and musician! Highly recommend.

Sent on 02/06/2016

lucy · Married on 09/27/2015

About Music Pro was super easy to work with throughout the whole process and most importantly the day of our reception. Everything sounded great, and we are so happy and grateful we chose them for our wedding. Our 200 guests had an incredible time and they were able to handle all requests from our guests and us. Super job About Music pro! Thanks!

Sent on 01/29/2016

lila · Married on 09/26/2015

Best DJ and musician ever!! DJ/musician Gary was one of our best wedding choices. So many people complemented us about him during our wedding. He gave us great advice throughout the planning process, He also advised us on which songs that we requested would be the best dance songs. He also recommended several top 40 and classic songs to insure that all age groups would have a great time. He was very accommodating throughout the whole process and had a good plan for ensuring a successful evening. He helped us with the agenda and timing of all the segments. He also knew how to gauge the audience's tastes. What a great party we had thanks to Gary from About Music Pro!

Sent on 01/22/2016

kaylee · Married on 09/25/2015

A sensational success! is how I want to start my review for About Music Pro! They were simply fantastic! The service and attention that we received from them was superb! My friends and family danced so much that they didn't want to leave the dance floor. The music selection was great and Gary really felt what the public wanted to hear and dance to. Gary was so helpful with the day of coordination! We felt that we didn't have to worry about anything because he took a great control of all the important events and kept the party moving according to our request!
    Gary, thank you so much! You were way more than what we were expecting!

Sent on 01/15/2016

grace · Married on 09/19/2015

I have many good things to say about DJ & Musician Gary Rich. He did our wedding at the Marriott in down town San Diego and it was absolutely amazing! Gary was extraordinarily and versatile musician and DJ., He was able to play all our requested songs and add similar type songs to make it one of best parties I've ever been to in my life. He was incredible, understanding and knowledgeable in learning about the vibe we wanted to create, and then nailing it. If you're getting married in the San Diego area, hire him immediately!!!!
    Gary:) Thank you so much!

Sent on 01/08/2016

audrey · Married on 09/18/2015

From the moment I first met Gary from About Music Pro I knew that he was going to do a great job. My husband and I were trying so hard to plan our wedding and with the help of Gary, he was always there with encouragement and great ideas. Our guests were very happy that he played all genres of music and even took request. Gary did a incredible job and thanks to him our wedding and reception was one of the best times in our life!

Sent on 12/18/2015

leah · Married on 09/13/2015

A friend of mine recommended About Music Pro to do my wedding and the band was awesome!. They really kept the party pumping, and also helped with the agenda and flow of the party. So I recommended them to do a friend's wedding. I attended her wedding and they did incredible job at her wedding to. The music was great and the announcements were fluid. I went home saying "that was a fun wedding!. Did I mention they were a great and professional group at my wedding to? I’ll continue to recommend them to all my friends and family.

Sent on 12/11/2015

nora · Married on 09/12/2015

Gary is fantastic. He is easy going and yet, totally organized. I was busy down to the wire for our wedding and Gary had my back when it came to the music. I told him what songs I wanted for the important things (processional, first dance, etc.) He had every song and the exact version. He saved me hours of time, which in the world of wedding planning, is priceless. I only met Gary for the first time at our wedding, I felt like he was a friend that was there to make my wedding fun for us and our guests. I would recommend him to everyone that is looking for a fun, professional DJ and musician at their next event.

Sent on 12/05/2015

sarah · Married on 09/11/2015

I recently worked with About Music Pro for our wedding reception. Gary was amazing with communication and really took the time to figure out which DJ/MC and musicians would be the best fit for us. We ended up going with DJ Ed and a string trio. They were all awesome! The string trio played our exact requests flawlessly at the ceremony and cocktails and Ed was very professional and definitely kept the party vibe going all night. I would absolutely recommend About Music Pro for all weddings and parties!

Sent on 11/27/2015

anna · Married on 09/06/2015

We had About Music Pro for our wedding and reception music and they were terrific! They were easy to work with, worked well with our planner, played all the music we asked for and listened and played all our guest's requests. We interviewed several other DJ company’s, but About Music Pro was by far the most professional and instantly we knew we wanted to work with them. I would definitely recommend them!!

Sent on 11/20/2015

hannah · Married on 09/05/2015

We had Gary Rich as Guitarist, DJ/MC and his 5-piece band for our wedding. We were absolutely thrilled with his service. He was a super nice guy! He had a very professional attitude, and played all our favorite music. He did a great job directing the feel of the party and introducing people who were giving speeches and timing all the event perfectly. Highly recommended About Music Pro and Gary and his 5-piece band were excellent!

Sent on 11/15/2015