About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians Reviews

251 | San Diego, CA

251 Reviews for About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians

Emma Dexon · Married on 07/28/2019

Highly recommend Gary and His Band!

Having a Band and DJ was the one thing I didn't need to stress about on our wedding day. Gary, from About Music Pro, handled everything with ease and received incredible reviews from our guests. Gary and his band were extremely professional, played the exact blend of music we were hoping for, and made suggestions that we would not have thought of. Also, Gary did an incredible job of handling the unexpected with a high level of proficiency and professionalism. I highly recommend Gary and his band!

Sent on 08/09/2019

Sophia Hamton · Married on 07/27/2019

Best wedding ever!

What can I say other than thank you Gary for making my wedding the best thing ever! We had complements from many of our guests weeks after the event! We were so happy with his team. I will definitely recommend Gary to anyone who ever asks.
    Our dance floor was never empty. DJ Gary and his band were awesome. Book them early, its a make or break for your wedding. Shouts to Gary, who is the best MC! He was also super helpful with timeline (cake cutting, first dance, etc.). Gary not only played every song I asked him to, but all other songs I should have asked him for. Many of my friends asked if every single song was something I planned and I let them know Gary must feel your personality from your first list and know exactly what you like. My husband and I both agree how crucial Gary and his band were to our wedding!

Sent on 08/03/2019

Mia Strong · Married on 06/15/2019

Thank You Gary, You Rock!

All of DJ, Gary Rich, five star reviews are completely warranted. He was recommended by a friend. His pricing was fair and his professionalism was unparalleled, which was super helpful when planning a big event. He was very responsive, knowledgeable, and courteous. Without a doubt, he was our favorite vendor. The process was smooth. On the wedding day, everything was just perfect and all our guests had a great time! Thank you Gary, you rock!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Charlotte Price · Married on 06/08/2019

Highest recommendation possible

Gary Rich and The Blue Daddy’s were awesome. They are very skilled and and can absolutely make a dance floor rock. They truly care about making your event special that they take the time to understand your music tastes and the type of dance floor you want to create. Every single detail was nailed and not a single request was missed. We are big music fans and valued their honest input into our recommendations of what would and would not work well for a wedding and wow did they deliver! I would give them the highest recommendation possible! I will certainly use their services again.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Abigail Crest · Married on 06/01/2019

Great DJ and Band combination!

If you are looking for a wedding DJ & band that'll keep your guests on the dance floor ALL night then this it! I first saw Gary perform at my sisters wedding and knew I would someday want him for mine. Seven years later that wish finally came true! Everyone from About Music Pro made it possible. They also played music for my ceremony and cocktail hour. Gary took charge and made sure everything flowed and stayed on time. Everyone, from the flower girls to my 65-year-old aunt, was on the dance floor the entire night. Gary was also the DJ/MC. He and the band were totally able to read the crowd and know what song to play next. They played exactly what we wanted to hear! They even learned the song for my first dance! People kept coming up to me raving about the DJ and the band and still a month later people keep talking about how much fun it was! Thank you so much to Gary and the band for making my wedding night one I will never forget!!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Eveln Price · Married on 05/25/2019

Danced the entire night!

I cannot even express how amazing About Music Pro is! Gary was a incredible musician and DJ/MC, and really knows how to read a crowd and entertain. My guests danced the entire night, and everyone raved about how great they were. The whole day from ceremony music through the reception flowed so smoothly with Gary, and he did everything he could to make the night perfect. I would hire them over and over again. If you are lucky enough to have Gary and his band available for your wedding day, book them immediately!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Ava Bentley · Married on 05/18/2019

I Highly Recommend Them!!

I was so happy with the music performed by About Music Productions at my wedding and reception! We had guitar and violin for the ceremony and cocktail and a 5-piece band and DJ/MC for the reception. Oddly enough, one of my friends recognized Gary as their wedding musician and DJ when they saw him! Gary and the other band members were engaging, fun, charismatic, and kept the dance floor packed. They all were incredible vocalists and musicians and Gary put on his DJ hat on the band breaks. I received several calls in the weeks following my wedding to rave about the band and DJ and ask for their information. I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Patrica Simmons · Married on 05/11/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Absolutely AMAZING! Gary and the other members had the party going the entire night! They worked with us on the timing and it went off without a hitch. They made our night so special- with a DJ and a Band. Everyone was on the dance floor the whole night! With Gary and his band you will have a dance floor that is hopping! Thank you so much Gary for making our night one that we will remember the rest of our lives!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Beth Ambers · Married on 05/04/2019

We were So Happy!

We were so happy with Gary Rich and the Blue Daddy's at our wedding! I had only heard their audio online before the big day, and good faith paid off, and they were great performers! They played a variety of songs, Gary was a great MC's for the whole evening, and paid attention to the emotion of the crowd to dictate the flow of the music, steadily building intensity throughout the night. The band and DJ were also very reliable and courteous, making it a pleasure to interact with them before and after the event. But bottom line, boy do they know how to make your party a good time! Thanks, to Gary and his crew!

Sent on 06/13/2019

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

Thank you so much Beth for this fantastic review!!! I am grateful that you thought so highly of my band and DJ performance at your wedding, it was a honor and a pleasure to be part of your wedding day! I wish you both every success for your future life together!!
    Kindest regards, Gary Rich

amy winston · Married on 04/27/2019

A night we will never forget!

If it was possible, I would give The Blue Daddy’s Band and their DJ 10 stars, and I'm not kidding! They played at our wedding reception this past April and we could not have been happier with their music. We had a wedding song that isn't frequently played and Gary was more than willing to accommodate us and play our special song. From start to finish, planning was super easy! Gary was extremely helpful in suggesting special dances for the family. The mother/son pick turned out to be one of mom's favorite songs!! The band played an amazing variety of music that suited every last guest, and us. People we never expected to see dancing, stayed on the dance floor all night! The DJ kept the party going on the band breaks, which was a great addition to the live band. They both were off the charts!!! Thank you Gary and your band for making our reception a night we will never forget! :)

Sent on 06/06/2019

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

Hi Amy and Josh, It was an honor to perform for both of you and your guests! Your group was very interactive with the band, which made it a blast for everyone there! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review! I am so grateful and glad you enjoyed the whole experience, it was a pleasure working with you both and I wish you all the best in your new life together!! I truly hope our paths will cross again. Thanks again! Gary

Stephanie willis · Married on 04/20/2019

Absolutely The Best!

Gary and the Blue Daddy’s Band absolutely made our wedding day! From the beginning Gary was helpful and responsive to every question we had. They learned to play "All of Me" for our first dance and every moment during the reception was amazing. Gary switched to DJ when the band was on break and kept the party going. They were all extremely professional, they sounded amazing, and we have heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests. My father-in-law went to Berklee in Boston and still can't stop talking about what a great band they were,

which makes sense because Gary went to Berklee. There are other bands in the San Diego area that will charge you twice as much and deliver half the product. These guys are the absolutely the best!

Sent on 05/30/2019

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

I Am very grateful that you took the time to write such a incredible review for your wedding. It was great planning with you and working with you up till the wedding day. We definitely had a great group that helped put the party over the top Thanks so much for choosing us, it was truly an honor and privilege to be part of your special day, We all had a blast!! Keep in touch.

melissa day · Married on 04/14/2019

Great wedding band and DJ

Based on the great reviews for Gary Rich, we expected an awesome wedding band and DJ, but what we got was beyond what we could imagine. We had 450 guests at our wedding and once the band started, nobody sat down again, even the grandparents! The play list was amazing - hit after hit of timeless awesome songs. And when the band took a break Gary continued on as DJ with the same feel. Our guests can't stop raving about Gary Rich and the Blue Daddy’s, a month later. Oh, and there were literally rows of people at the front of the dance floor just watching and dancing to The Blue Daddy’s like we were at a concert for some of the songs - they were so impressive! They learned a few new songs for us too and killed it! They even did a Pop Jazz Style recessional for us from the ceremony to the cocktail party, which was amazing. Also, communication before the wedding was exceptional - Gary was incredibly responsive, flexible, and clear. Gary and his team was the best vendor we worked with. I cannot recommend Gary and his group enough!!

Sent on 05/23/2019

emily · Married on 04/13/2019

Just as incredible as expected!

Gary Rich was an incredible DJ/MC and bandleader. We first saw him at a friend's wedding and were absolutely blown away. So when the time came to book music for our wedding, he was at the top of the list. The whole process was a joy: Gary made reserving a date (a year out) easy and worked with us to choose the right arrangement of musicians and instruments. We ended up with a 6-piece band And DJ that was perfect for the space and size of our wedding.
    The lead-up was also easy and very well executed; we got to choose songs, make requests about when, how, breaks, etc.; Gary also kindly worked with our venue and coordinator to get things just right.
    And finally, the performance was JUST AS INCREDIBLE AS EXPECTED. People danced. People laughed. We All had a great time and the song selections were awesome. It was an incredible day, made even more special with Gary and his team.

Sent on 05/17/2019

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

Thanks so much Emily! We were honored to be a part of your special day. And thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad that everyone danced and laughed the night away. It was a joy to me to be such an important part of your wedding and I hope you will cherish those memories for the rest of your life. I look forward to possibly working with you both in the future, I wish you both a long and happy life together, Thanks again! Best, Gary

carol cole · Married on 04/07/2019

Blown Away!

I was blown away by the Blue Daddy’s when they performed at our wedding. We had the 7-piece group and Gary also played guitar at the ceremony, and with his jazz trio for the cocktail hour. The sound they provided was top notch and the energy was incredibly high. Gary was super professional and I was able to put a lot of trust in him to deliver a premium performance, He also was the DJ and MC for our wedding on band breaks and he kept the party rocking! I used to play music professionally and speaking from experience, you can't really get much better than this group. They were super fun and kept everyone dancing throughout the whole reception. Thanks again for the awesome performance and the great memories!

Sent on 05/10/2019

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

Thanks so much Carol and Jason! We were honored to be a part of your day. And thank you so much for referring Bobby and Lisa to us- what a beautiful couple! We love playing at the Hyatt down town. and the venue and the staff were wonderful to work with - they have even added us to their preferred vendors list. It was truly wonderful to make you day so special. I wish you both a long and happy life together and hope we can work together again in the future. All the Best Gary Rich

Sandra Wood · Married on 11/03/2018

Highly recommend!

The Blue Daddy’s played at our wedding and Gary was the DJ / MC and also the bandleader. They truly made the entire event! We had Gary’s ensemble' and not only are they all exceptional musicians, but their high energy and stage presence was extraordinary. They were so good at reading the crowd. They were also so easy to work with when we selected music for our reception, cocktail hour and ceremony. This is the first and only band/DJ I've seen that had all guests, ranging in ages, out on the floor dancing - including my 93-year-old great aunt! We had so many of our guests tell us that The Blue Daddy’s was the best wedding band they've ever seen, and Gary the best DJ. We feel so fortunate to have used them!! Highly HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 12/08/2018

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

Thank you Sandra for this fantastic review!!! We're delighted that you thought so highly of my band and DJ at your beautiful wedding ceremony and reception, it was a tremendous pleasure to be part of your beautiful wedding day and I wish you both every success for your future together!! Kindest regards, Gary Rich

Barbra Poole · Married on 11/02/2018

You were awesome!

Gary was the DJ at our wedding in San Diego, and my wife and I were exceptionally happy with him. We live on the east coast and planning the wedding from across the country was daunting, but Gary was super professional and easy to work with from the beginning. I knew we had made the right choice during my first call with him. He said he would not be on the microphone other than to introduce people and other announcements we requested, he promised to play amazing music, with a great lights system, and that's exactly what we got!
    Gary went out of his way to meet with us on short notice when we took a last minute trip to San Diego a few months before the wedding. He explained his process and gave us the option to request as many or as few songs as we wanted. He was super relaxed throughout the entire process and it was honestly the least stressful part of planning the wedding.
    On the day of the wedding he arrived early and had his equipment set up very quickly. He even helped us set up a couple extra speakers in our cocktail hour area and played guitar. Gary did a great job introducing everyone, and after that, it was the best night of music we could have imagined. Even during dinner, guests were dancing in their seats. His fades from one song to another were perfect, and his music selection was incredible. Guests from the age of 16 to 75 were dancing the entire night. The dance floor never stopped.
    Gary, thanks for helping us have the best wedding ever! You were awesome!

Sent on 12/06/2018

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

Hi Barb, Thanks for taking the time to write such a great review. I remember your grand mother dancing all night long. God bless her soul. It was great meeting with you both and getting to know what was important to you on your day. Thanks again! Best, Gary Rich

Joshua Feldman · Married on 10/28/2018

Gary really helped make it a special day

Gary took care of our ceremony and reception and he really did an outstanding job. We spoke to him on the phone initially and he had us suggest some songs we definitely wanted to hear to kind of give him an understanding of our music tastes. We had him playing guitar during the ceremony and it was a really nice touch. For the reception he did a great job of playing what we had requested, as well as staying true to the kind of musical theme we had going on. He was great for keeping us on our time targets, making time for the toasts, hora, first dances and all that. He was super easy to work with and really made it so that our guests and ourselves had a great time dancing the day away. We would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ for their wedding or probably any other event.

Sent on 11/05/2018

Nancy Marsh · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing Job!

Gary did an amazing job at our recent wedding! In all the conversations leading up to the event, Gary was quick with answering questions we had and making sure he asked the right questions to be sure we would have exactly what we wanted. We provided a list of what music we selected for each event and Gary took it from there. He also asked us what songs we didn't want to hear, and based off that list, he knew exactly what we were looking for and did an amazing job. Making sure we were happy and that our guests had a good time, was his first priority. I highly recommend Gary and can't thank him enough for his talent and his hard work in making our day a great success!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Betty Spencer · Married on 10/26/2018

Fantastic!

We had Gary Rich as our musician, bandleader and DJ for our wedding and reception at the Hyatt San Diego. He, and his band, were fantastic! We could tell from our first meeting that he's a total professional, and knows how to create the type of party you're looking for by asking some great questions and filling in the rest with his expertise. Another thing we loved about him is that he doesn't do that heavy-handed self-promotion thing. He was great at announcing, providing music that kept our evening on track, and got everyone on the dance floor! Gary made the music planning process really simple, with great song suggestions for some key moments. Our song list was kind of all over the place, but he turned it into a great play list for the night! He was always on top of the crowd's mood and adjusted to keep the energy up. The music was so good he even had my mom dancing, which I didn't think was possible! Thank you Gary and the rest of the band!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Lisa Brooks · Married on 10/07/2018

Thank you Gary and your Team!

Thank you Gary and your team for doing such a fabulous job at our wedding! After we met with you the first time, we were relaxed, feeling confident that you would take care of the music and that we could just leave you to do what you do best! You did everything on cue and made our guests feel very comfortable and entertained. You gave instructions in a courteous manner and played a wonderful variety of music, plus everything we asked for! You said you were good at reading the crowd and that is exactly what you did! We really liked that you made the wedding about "us". We loved the up-lights and band lighting that you recommended. We also loved the fact that you could handle the ceremony, cocktails, and party in three different locations with a seamless transition. You and your team did a wonderful job, just as all the other reviews online said you would!! We are forever grateful!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Jessica Harper · Married on 10/06/2018

Saved the Day!!!

hired The Gary Rich Band, at the last minute, for our wedding and reception at the San Diego Hilton and they did a fabulous job! I called Gary after we received a cancellation two weeks before our wedding and they saved the day! They were incredibly professional and easy to work with, as well as reasonably priced. I wish I had hired them from the start! Gary, also the MC, and the band listened to requests and kept the audience entertained the entire night. The song choices included classics that everyone could sing and dance to. I would not hesitate to book Gary and his band for any other event I may find myself planning. As I am writing this review, I am reliving the event with smiles from ear to ear! Again, they not only saved the day, but exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 10/23/2018

Linda Jackson · Married on 10/05/2018

Gary and his band were Fantastic!

Gary and his band were fantastic! They played at our San Diego wedding and reception, and several of our guests came up to us during and after the wedding and raved about them. To start with they played guitar and sax for our ceremony. They then played piano, with vocal, at our cocktail hour, and the six-piece band for our reception, plus an acoustic unplugged set towards the end of dinner - not something we'd initially thought we'd want them to do - and it was totally the right call. It set a fun, festive tone and got people excited for the rest of their music. They are very talented, very fun, very professional, and I would recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding band!

Sent on 10/19/2018

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

Hi Linda, Thanks a million for this fantastic review!!!! Your wedding was stunning and we also I'm grateful your guest were raving about the band!! It was a huge pleasure to play at both your ceremony, cocktails and reception and also very grateful to you for taking the time to submit your review. Wishing you every success for your future together. Kind regards Gary Rich

Patricia Roberts · Married on 10/04/2018

Love this band!

We absolutely love this band! We hired them for our on wedding in San Diego. Everyone in the band is a lead singer and has great harmonies; they cover all genres of music! They are great at reading the crowd and keeping the party on the dance floor! Their song choices were excellent and they played all our requested music. We wanted to review them right away because we were so impressed! With out a doubt, one of the best party bands ever, truly made our wedding very special. Thanks again!

Sent on 10/17/2018

mary · Married on 09/30/2018

We hired Gary Rich and his band to play at our wedding and we highly recommend them! It’s hard to decide where to start with the accolades. Their song selection was fantastic! The dance floor was absolutely packed and filled with energy, which made for an unforgettable night! They were extremely helpful, responsive and accommodating throughout the planning process. In addition, they completely arranged the setup for the sound for the ceremony, which worked out perfectly! Hire this band - you will be glad you did!

Sent on 10/13/2018