About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians Reviews

260 | San Diego, CA

260 Reviews for About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians

Joan Johnson · Getting married on 02/09/2020

Everyone Loved the Music!

We decided to work with Gary Rich at About Music Pro after we researched many bands. We definitely made the right choice with Gary and his band! The quality of the musicians, singers, the mix of songs and their energy was second to none. Gary was extremely professional and he went through all of the details of our wedding. When we wanted to incorporate live Celtic music, Gary found us the musicians and made sure that their set was added smoothly to the rest of the music. All along the way, as we had to make adjustments and changes, he was extremely helpful and made sure that we were happy above all else. The night of our wedding, everyone loved the music and Gary put on his DJ hat when the band took breaks. We could not have been happier with Gary and his band!

Sent on 10/03/2019

alex bening · Married on 09/29/2019

We would highly recommend!

Gary and his group were the absolute best! So many of our friends and family have been telling us that our wedding was the best that they've been to! This was not just because of the love in the room from all of the guests, but also the involvement and skill level that Gary and his band brought to the dance floor. The group’s genuine excitement and enthusiasm set them way apart. We would highly recommend Gary Rich and About Music Pro to any bride and groom!

Sent on 10/15/2019

andrea dailley · Married on 09/21/2019

Best San Diego Band and DJ around!

We knew we wanted an amazing band for our wedding. When my wife and I decided on Gary Rich and his band we made one of the best decisions of our wedding. From the moment we reached out for a quote, Gary was incredibly helpful and prompt with everything. Their performance the night of the wedding was outstanding and our dance floor was full all night. We had a variety of requests throughout the night and Gary and his band were more than happy to fulfill them all. The DJ filled in on the breaks with a great dance set too! I highly recommend these guys if you want the best San Diego Band and DJ around!

Sent on 10/10/2019

Jessica Benson · Married on 09/07/2019

They made our wedding so memorable!

We hired About Music Pro for our 9/7/19 wedding, and they did an unbelievable job! Gary was so easy to work with, and I was so impressed with his honesty, openness, organization...the list goes on and on! We wanted our wedding to be all about the music and having a good time, and we were exceptionally pleased with the band and the DJ! Gary was so accommodating. He learned a new song for our big day that was beautiful! We also had the DJ for our after party. We've gotten so many compliments about them, and they kept the dance floor busy all night! They made our wedding so memorable, we can't thank them enough!

Sent on 09/26/2019

Ashley Braun · Married on 09/06/2019

The Blue Daddy's were great!!

Having a live band and joyful atmosphere at our wedding was a major priority for us and we could not have been happier with Gary Rich from About Music Pro!! We liked Gary from the moment we met him. We had a duo for our ceremony and cocktail hour and a 5-piece band and DJ for our reception. We had a vision for our ceremony and wanted more modern music (Jason Mraz feel). They accommodated this with ease and gave honest feedback on what they thought would work and what wouldn't. It was perfect and absolutely what we envisioned -- thanks Gary!! For dinner/reception our emcee (Gary) was great! He was flexible with last minute changes with introductions and got the guests excited. The reception was a blast!! The dance floor was packed the entire time, which is exactly what we wanted. We asked guests to add a song request on their RSVP card and the band gave special shout outs to certain guests before playing- such a sweet touch! They also accommodated our "must play" song list between the band and DJ sets. We have received countless compliments about The Blue Daddy’s from our guests and it was by far the BEST decision we made for our wedding.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Mary Roberts · Married on 08/24/2019

We are forever Thankful to them!

If you're looking for a great DJ, band or musicians for any event, I ten out of ten recommend About Music Pro. We hired them for our wedding. Gary was great! We worked with him throughout the entire engagement and planning process and he was super accommodating. He always answered our questions right away and brought up things we would have never even thought of.
    We had a guitar and cello for the ceremony and cocktails and the band for the reception. There was a DJ on the band breaks and they were all great. They kept the mood going, incorporated our guests in the entertainment and helped everything run smoothly through out the entire night. We are forever thankful to them!

Sent on 09/13/2019

Kristen Page · Married on 08/17/2019

We definitely recommend!

About Music Pro was great to work with! Our wedding dance floor was always full, the songs were upbeat and exactly on theme with what we asked for. They did a great job of mixing R&B, top 40, swing, and classic rock dance hits exactly as we asked. Gary was very responsive, positive, easy to work with and made great suggestions leading up to the wedding. We definitely recommend having Gary Rich and his team for your event!

Sent on 09/05/2019

Nora Bailey · Married on 08/10/2019

5 STARS across the board!

DJ Gary Rich is awesome! He rocked our wedding and did an outstanding job as our DJ/MC. Gary is a true professional and made everything very easy and his overall service is stellar. My husband and I are both very picky when it comes to music. We both wanted Hip-Hop and Top 40 with some Classic Rock, so we asked Gary for a blend of all three, and he definitely delivered! He also did a great job on the grand entrance, and announcing all events during the wedding, such as the cake cutting, first dance, speeches, bouquet toss, and last dance. I would highly recommend him for weddings, or any special event that needs a DJ! With Gary you know you'll be in great hands. 5 STARS across the board! Thank you Gary!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Jena Basin · Married on 08/03/2019

Fantastic Job!!

Gary Rich and his band did a fantastic job at our wedding. (August 2019). I was struggling to find a band that could entertain both my American/Japanese family, and my fiance's Italian family. Our wedding was a black tie event and the band kept with that theme and also dressed formally. I was torn, because I wanted to include some traditional Japanese music, which would be tough for a band to perform. After searching the web, I finally decided to reach out to Gary since his company, About Music Productions, offers both live and D/J ...a decision I am so glad I made! Gary stepped in as DJ at the wedding and obtained all the Japanese music we requested. He and band rocked the party! It's important for a bride to feel at ease, and be able to trust the vendors. Gary put my mind at ease. He was a great communicator and an amazing HOST!! He knew how to keep people on the dance floor and lived up to all of my expectations!

Sent on 08/22/2019

Emma Dexon · Married on 07/28/2019

Highly recommend Gary and His Band!

Having a Band and DJ was the one thing I didn't need to stress about on our wedding day. Gary, from About Music Pro, handled everything with ease and received incredible reviews from our guests. Gary and his band were extremely professional, played the exact blend of music we were hoping for, and made suggestions that we would not have thought of. Also, Gary did an incredible job of handling the unexpected with a high level of proficiency and professionalism. I highly recommend Gary and his band!

Sent on 08/09/2019

Sophia Hamton · Married on 07/27/2019

Best wedding ever!

What can I say other than thank you Gary for making my wedding the best thing ever! We had complements from many of our guests weeks after the event! We were so happy with his team. I will definitely recommend Gary to anyone who ever asks.
    Our dance floor was never empty. DJ Gary and his band were awesome. Book them early, its a make or break for your wedding. Shouts to Gary, who is the best MC! He was also super helpful with timeline (cake cutting, first dance, etc.). Gary not only played every song I asked him to, but all other songs I should have asked him for. Many of my friends asked if every single song was something I planned and I let them know Gary must feel your personality from your first list and know exactly what you like. My husband and I both agree how crucial Gary and his band were to our wedding!

Sent on 08/03/2019

Mia Strong · Married on 06/15/2019

Thank You Gary, You Rock!

All of DJ, Gary Rich, five star reviews are completely warranted. He was recommended by a friend. His pricing was fair and his professionalism was unparalleled, which was super helpful when planning a big event. He was very responsive, knowledgeable, and courteous. Without a doubt, he was our favorite vendor. The process was smooth. On the wedding day, everything was just perfect and all our guests had a great time! Thank you Gary, you rock!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Charlotte Price · Married on 06/08/2019

Highest recommendation possible

Gary Rich and The Blue Daddy’s were awesome. They are very skilled and and can absolutely make a dance floor rock. They truly care about making your event special that they take the time to understand your music tastes and the type of dance floor you want to create. Every single detail was nailed and not a single request was missed. We are big music fans and valued their honest input into our recommendations of what would and would not work well for a wedding and wow did they deliver! I would give them the highest recommendation possible! I will certainly use their services again.

Sent on 07/17/2019

Deborah Watts · Married on 06/04/2019

They sounded amazing!

About Music Pro was awesome! Many of our guests commented on how much they loved the DJ and band we chose. My boss literally said, "This has to be the top wedding band I've ever heard!". They got everyone dancing, totally jammed out, and played the whole night through! We had a solo guitarist for the ceremony, duo for cocktails and a DJ with a 5 piece band for the reception. Honestly, if you want your guests to love the music, pick these guys - they sounded amazing!

Sent on 05/04/2019

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

Thank you very much for such an incredible review! I truly appreciate the time you took to write it. I also appreciate the referral! Once again I wish you both a long and happy life together and hope we can work together again in the future. Thanks again!
    Take care, Gary

Abigail Crest · Married on 06/01/2019

Great DJ and Band combination!

If you are looking for a wedding DJ & band that'll keep your guests on the dance floor ALL night then this it! I first saw Gary perform at my sisters wedding and knew I would someday want him for mine. Seven years later that wish finally came true! Everyone from About Music Pro made it possible. They also played music for my ceremony and cocktail hour. Gary took charge and made sure everything flowed and stayed on time. Everyone, from the flower girls to my 65-year-old aunt, was on the dance floor the entire night. Gary was also the DJ/MC. He and the band were totally able to read the crowd and know what song to play next. They played exactly what we wanted to hear! They even learned the song for my first dance! People kept coming up to me raving about the DJ and the band and still a month later people keep talking about how much fun it was! Thank you so much to Gary and the band for making my wedding night one I will never forget!!

Sent on 07/12/2019

Eveln Price · Married on 05/25/2019

Danced the entire night!

I cannot even express how amazing About Music Pro is! Gary was a incredible musician and DJ/MC, and really knows how to read a crowd and entertain. My guests danced the entire night, and everyone raved about how great they were. The whole day from ceremony music through the reception flowed so smoothly with Gary, and he did everything he could to make the night perfect. I would hire them over and over again. If you are lucky enough to have Gary and his band available for your wedding day, book them immediately!

Sent on 07/05/2019

Ava Bentley · Married on 05/18/2019

I Highly Recommend Them!!

I was so happy with the music performed by About Music Productions at my wedding and reception! We had guitar and violin for the ceremony and cocktail and a 5-piece band and DJ/MC for the reception. Oddly enough, one of my friends recognized Gary as their wedding musician and DJ when they saw him! Gary and the other band members were engaging, fun, charismatic, and kept the dance floor packed. They all were incredible vocalists and musicians and Gary put on his DJ hat on the band breaks. I received several calls in the weeks following my wedding to rave about the band and DJ and ask for their information. I highly recommend them!!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Patrica Simmons · Married on 05/11/2019

Absolutely amazing!

Absolutely AMAZING! Gary and the other members had the party going the entire night! They worked with us on the timing and it went off without a hitch. They made our night so special- with a DJ and a Band. Everyone was on the dance floor the whole night! With Gary and his band you will have a dance floor that is hopping! Thank you so much Gary for making our night one that we will remember the rest of our lives!

Sent on 06/20/2019

Beth Ambers · Married on 05/04/2019

We were So Happy!

We were so happy with Gary Rich and the Blue Daddy's at our wedding! I had only heard their audio online before the big day, and good faith paid off, and they were great performers! They played a variety of songs, Gary was a great MC's for the whole evening, and paid attention to the emotion of the crowd to dictate the flow of the music, steadily building intensity throughout the night. The band and DJ were also very reliable and courteous, making it a pleasure to interact with them before and after the event. But bottom line, boy do they know how to make your party a good time! Thanks, to Gary and his crew!

Sent on 06/13/2019

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

Thank you so much Beth for this fantastic review!!! I am grateful that you thought so highly of my band and DJ performance at your wedding, it was a honor and a pleasure to be part of your wedding day! I wish you both every success for your future life together!!
    Kindest regards, Gary Rich

amy winston · Married on 04/27/2019

A night we will never forget!

If it was possible, I would give The Blue Daddy’s Band and their DJ 10 stars, and I'm not kidding! They played at our wedding reception this past April and we could not have been happier with their music. We had a wedding song that isn't frequently played and Gary was more than willing to accommodate us and play our special song. From start to finish, planning was super easy! Gary was extremely helpful in suggesting special dances for the family. The mother/son pick turned out to be one of mom's favorite songs!! The band played an amazing variety of music that suited every last guest, and us. People we never expected to see dancing, stayed on the dance floor all night! The DJ kept the party going on the band breaks, which was a great addition to the live band. They both were off the charts!!! Thank you Gary and your band for making our reception a night we will never forget! :)

Sent on 06/06/2019

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

Hi Amy and Josh, It was an honor to perform for both of you and your guests! Your group was very interactive with the band, which made it a blast for everyone there! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review! I am so grateful and glad you enjoyed the whole experience, it was a pleasure working with you both and I wish you all the best in your new life together!! I truly hope our paths will cross again. Thanks again! Gary

Stephanie willis · Married on 04/20/2019

Absolutely The Best!

Gary and the Blue Daddy’s Band absolutely made our wedding day! From the beginning Gary was helpful and responsive to every question we had. They learned to play "All of Me" for our first dance and every moment during the reception was amazing. Gary switched to DJ when the band was on break and kept the party going. They were all extremely professional, they sounded amazing, and we have heard nothing but rave reviews from our guests. My father-in-law went to Berklee in Boston and still can't stop talking about what a great band they were,

which makes sense because Gary went to Berklee. There are other bands in the San Diego area that will charge you twice as much and deliver half the product. These guys are the absolutely the best!

Sent on 05/30/2019

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

I Am very grateful that you took the time to write such a incredible review for your wedding. It was great planning with you and working with you up till the wedding day. We definitely had a great group that helped put the party over the top Thanks so much for choosing us, it was truly an honor and privilege to be part of your special day, We all had a blast!! Keep in touch.

melissa day · Married on 04/14/2019

Great wedding band and DJ

Based on the great reviews for Gary Rich, we expected an awesome wedding band and DJ, but what we got was beyond what we could imagine. We had 450 guests at our wedding and once the band started, nobody sat down again, even the grandparents! The play list was amazing - hit after hit of timeless awesome songs. And when the band took a break Gary continued on as DJ with the same feel. Our guests can't stop raving about Gary Rich and the Blue Daddy’s, a month later. Oh, and there were literally rows of people at the front of the dance floor just watching and dancing to The Blue Daddy’s like we were at a concert for some of the songs - they were so impressive! They learned a few new songs for us too and killed it! They even did a Pop Jazz Style recessional for us from the ceremony to the cocktail party, which was amazing. Also, communication before the wedding was exceptional - Gary was incredibly responsive, flexible, and clear. Gary and his team was the best vendor we worked with. I cannot recommend Gary and his group enough!!

Sent on 05/23/2019

emily · Married on 04/13/2019

Just as incredible as expected!

Gary Rich was an incredible DJ/MC and bandleader. We first saw him at a friend's wedding and were absolutely blown away. So when the time came to book music for our wedding, he was at the top of the list. The whole process was a joy: Gary made reserving a date (a year out) easy and worked with us to choose the right arrangement of musicians and instruments. We ended up with a 6-piece band And DJ that was perfect for the space and size of our wedding.
    The lead-up was also easy and very well executed; we got to choose songs, make requests about when, how, breaks, etc.; Gary also kindly worked with our venue and coordinator to get things just right.
    And finally, the performance was JUST AS INCREDIBLE AS EXPECTED. People danced. People laughed. We All had a great time and the song selections were awesome. It was an incredible day, made even more special with Gary and his team.

Sent on 05/17/2019

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

Thanks so much Emily! We were honored to be a part of your special day. And thank you so much for your kind words. I am so glad that everyone danced and laughed the night away. It was a joy to me to be such an important part of your wedding and I hope you will cherish those memories for the rest of your life. I look forward to possibly working with you both in the future, I wish you both a long and happy life together, Thanks again! Best, Gary

carol cole · Married on 04/07/2019

Blown Away!

I was blown away by the Blue Daddy’s when they performed at our wedding. We had the 7-piece group and Gary also played guitar at the ceremony, and with his jazz trio for the cocktail hour. The sound they provided was top notch and the energy was incredibly high. Gary was super professional and I was able to put a lot of trust in him to deliver a premium performance, He also was the DJ and MC for our wedding on band breaks and he kept the party rocking! I used to play music professionally and speaking from experience, you can't really get much better than this group. They were super fun and kept everyone dancing throughout the whole reception. Thanks again for the awesome performance and the great memories!

Sent on 05/10/2019

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

Thanks so much Carol and Jason! We were honored to be a part of your day. And thank you so much for referring Bobby and Lisa to us- what a beautiful couple! We love playing at the Hyatt down town. and the venue and the staff were wonderful to work with - they have even added us to their preferred vendors list. It was truly wonderful to make you day so special. I wish you both a long and happy life together and hope we can work together again in the future. All the Best Gary Rich

Sandra Wood · Married on 11/03/2018

Highly recommend!

The Blue Daddy’s played at our wedding and Gary was the DJ / MC and also the bandleader. They truly made the entire event! We had Gary’s ensemble' and not only are they all exceptional musicians, but their high energy and stage presence was extraordinary. They were so good at reading the crowd. They were also so easy to work with when we selected music for our reception, cocktail hour and ceremony. This is the first and only band/DJ I've seen that had all guests, ranging in ages, out on the floor dancing - including my 93-year-old great aunt! We had so many of our guests tell us that The Blue Daddy’s was the best wedding band they've ever seen, and Gary the best DJ. We feel so fortunate to have used them!! Highly HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 12/08/2018

About Music Pro: Bands, DJs, Musicians's reply:

Thank you Sandra for this fantastic review!!! We're delighted that you thought so highly of my band and DJ at your beautiful wedding ceremony and reception, it was a tremendous pleasure to be part of your beautiful wedding day and I wish you both every success for your future together!! Kindest regards, Gary Rich