Aaron Datu Films Reviews

Aaron Datu Films View more information

Shelby C. Married on 08/14/2021

Awesome Videographer with amazing work

Aaron was the best videographer to work with for our wedding! He was consistent and very intentional with the pre-wedding conversations. He made sure to understand what we wanted to highlight that during our wedding within the video - also had a preview video ready for us to see by the time we woke up the next day. It is no secret he is a hard worker and takes pride in his work. His shots are so unique and the video he creates will blow you away!! He was so nice and genuine to work with, brings ideas to the table, and respects your ideas as well. 10/10 would recommend to anyone who is looking for a videographer for whatever they need - you can't get a video like his from anyone else!
    Noy L. Married on 08/02/2021

Amazing Videographer!

Aaron was an amazing videographer for our traditional wedding ceremony. He was very professional and fun to work with. He had great communication from the beginning and took the time to get to know us and made sure he captured everything we wanted. We are so glad we chose him to capture our day. Our video was perfect and everything we wanted. We can't wait to hire him again for our future events!
  • Hannah
    Hannah A. Married on 07/14/2021

The best decision ever!

Aaron is seriously the best. His filmmaking skills are top-notch and I’m in awe of the sneak peek we received from our wedding day! Also, the turnaround time for our sneak peek was absolutely amazing! Throughout the entire day it felt as if he were just a great family friend hanging out with us - which he truly has become now! He was so kind to our families and everyone raved about him.

I was unsure if we’d be able to have a wedding videography for our big day, but I’m SO glad we did. It’s something truly priceless. We’ll cherish our wedding film for the rest of our lives.
    Katie N. Married on 05/22/2021

The BEST experience!!

We loved working with Aaron!! He kept in great touch with us throughout our engagement and never made us worry about anything. When we met him on our wedding day, for the first time in person, he was very upbeat and we could tell he was genuinely excited for us! Aaron is very professional and cares deeply for his work and his clients. We STRONGLY recommend him to anyone looking for a grey videographer!
    Alexa Married on 05/01/2021

Aaron Datu Films

Aaron was our amazing videographer for our wedding ceremony. He was very professional and personable. He took the time to really get to know us so he could provide us the best experience possible. 10/10 would recommend him to anyone! Thanks Aaron!
    Kyle M. Married on 04/03/2021

Amazing work!

When we started planning our wedding we decided we wanted someone to do more than capture the pictures of our day but to truly show the emotion and joy of our ceremony and reception, and Aaron was that someone. The day of our wedding he effortlessly captured every important moment, and wove the story of our relationship into a video that helps me relive our wonderful day each time I watch it. I cannot recommend his services enough, and while I don’t plan on getting married again, I’ll seek to hire him for any videography needs I have in the future.
  • F
    Fanny Married on 10/02/2020

Elopement: COVID, fires, park closures!

TLDR; Aaron is absolutely great! He is flexible and accommodating and will find something to work within your budget for what you’re looking for. He is great with communication and will never let you feel like you’re in the dark. He provided great guidance on how to move while he was filming and it was like having a friend there to capture an intimate day. Having him as our videographer was stress-free and I’d recommend him to anyone looking to capture their special day/event. His work is BEAUTIFUL and he has such an eye for the best views. Just take a look at his portfolio for our Yosemite elopement. Aaron, we’re so glad we found you. The stars aligned when I found that reddit post that linked to the Facebook post in a videographer group that you happened to comment on a year or so from someone else asking about a Yosemite videographer. #magicoftheinternet 😆

With COVID happening, I had decided to elope in Yosemite National Park and had less than 4 weeks to plan. I was scrambling to find all my vendors. I happened to find Aaron in a Facebook group for videographers and sent him a message. Turns out he was based out of Kansas and I had no idea and politely declined since I knew I wouldn’t be able to pay for someone out of state. However, Aaron responded and offered to work with me on a custom package that works for me and my budget. He was so kind to do so! He was quick to respond and we were set after 2-3 days of contact. I appreciate that so much since I was stressing out trying to plan.

The services I requested was for early start, all day coverage (with a 2-3 hour break in the middle of the day) since we were planning a sunrise ceremony and then photo session throughout the park with night time photography. Aaron was able to customize the package to fit my day’s timeline and still be within my budget. We opted to have a 1-minute teaser and a 5-7 minute highlight film. He was even able to adjust the payment schedule to accommodate me, thanks Aaron!

Something else I should mention, 2 weeks before the elopement, the park had closed due to the raging fires nearby. I was on a SCRAMBLE to figure out what to do. We weren’t sure if the park was going to reopen soon, would I have to find ANOTHER location, or would I have to just postpone to another weekend. I let Aaron know the situation and he was 100% accommodating and flexible. He said he would make it work with whatever ends up happening. Just having him on-board and his flexibility provided me with some relief. Luckily the park reopened the week before and we were able to move forward with the original plan.

I provided a final itinerary a day before the wedding with additional details regarding location and permits for the park. Aaron and his father arrived on time and was ready to work. We hung out pretty much all day, doing small hikes, having lunch together, and various photo/video sessions throughout the park. Even though they were there to film the day, it felt like we were with friends. We had a great time working with them!

Aaron delivered the 1-minute teaser THAT NIGHT. He had been with us and working the entire day from 5AM-9PM and we saw on his Instagram that he had been working on the teaser until 3AM and when I woke up the next day, I saw he sent us the link to the teaser at 6AM! THAT is dedication. I honestly wasn’t expecting that at all and was such a nice surprise. Aaron provided our highlight film a month later and was kind to make edits upon request. He was quick to respond and turnaround time was less than 4 hours when I made my edit requests. After seeing some of the footage, I decided that I wanted the RAW footage so that I could look back on the entire day. Aaron was able to offer it to us for a fee and have it shipped to us. We had just received it and watched it, and the footage they captured is absolutely beautiful. Even though some of it didn’t make it into the highlight film, it was still nice to see it. The teaser and highlight film are filmed and edited so beautifully. Aaron really does great work and I am so glad to have had him as our videographer.
  • Tonya
    Tonya S. Married on 04/04/2020

Creatively talented!

Aaron knew exactly what we wanted and more, he was very professional and took his time on getting to know us & made sure our video turned out perfect! Being a photographer, I knew Aaron had all the best equipment to capture our day. High quality lens, camera, drone, audio set, etc. I would recommend Aaron to anyone who wants their love story to truly be shown not just told!