A1 Limousine and Party Bus Reviews

21 | Des Plaines, IL

21 Reviews for A1 Limousine and Party Bus

21 A1 Limousine and Party Bus Reviews

Claire · Married on 06/30/2018

A1 saved our wedding! We had our limo company, Avital Limos (STAY AWAY), cancel on us 3 hours before our wedding. A1 not only had a 25 person limo available for us to use, but also upgraded us to a trolley for free! They were very pleasant and professional to work with. They quickly sent me a contract to sign and they quickly sent our wedding drop off locations to the driver. Our driver JAY was amazing! He was so nice and truly saved the day! When we exited the church, Jay had laid down a red carpet and had 2 champagne glasses and a bottle of champagne for us to open and celebrate. The trolley was clean and beautiful. My husband and I both said at the end of the wedding that the trolley ride with our wedding party was one of the best parts of the wedding. THANK YOU A1 and JAY for saving the day!! We had a great time and we really appreciate everything you did to make our day special!

M · Married on 11/04/2017

Most affordable bus I found in the Chicago land area. Came on time. Bus was clean and stocked. Driver knew where he was going. No problems with payments/directions/music/schedule. Would recommend!

Nicole · Married on 10/14/2017

We had a great experience on our party bus! The driver showed up 15 minutes before our scheduled pick up time to ensure our evening went smoothly. The bus was great- clean and professional. Our driver was very kind and provided great service to us. Amazing experience!

Jamie · Married on 09/22/2017

Wanted to give a shout-out to the customer representative who assisted me in booking my wedding trolley bus, I believe her name was Ray. Thanks a bunch for you help in making our special day go so smoothly. The trolley was decorated really well and we even got a complimentary bottle of champagne. We paid for the unlimited stops, so we went to various bars in Chicago after our ceremony. It was a very fun evening! We did need to have a security guard on board, as per the new Chicago ordinance law. Just beware if you book a party bus that doesn't offer this service, you could get fines for drinking without one. Overall, our wedding was amazing, A1 really provided exceptional customer service and we would definitely choose them for our next outing! Thanks!!!

Emily · Married on 08/26/2017

Words can't begin to express how grateful I am to the A1 Limousine and Party Bus company. On the day of my wedding, everything you could think of that could go wrong, did. The morning started off with rain and thunder, the venue had to be moved indoors to a new location, the caterer arrived at the wrong address and to top it all off, my dress was missing. During this entire commotion, I completely forgot to call A1 and update them with the new address of the church/reception. Ray was so understanding and within minutes she was able to re-route our original drop-off location to the new location. The new place was about 30 minutes further than I was quoted for but she was so generous and waived the extra fee. I was just amazed at their flexibility and warmth. As you can see from my picture, in the end, it was a day I will never forget. The sun came out, the new venue was even more perfect and I found my dress hiding in a hotel room closet. It all worked out in the end and it was all so perfect thanks to Ray and her team!!

A1 Limousine and Party Bus 1

Edwin · Married on 02/11/2017

What a wonderful experience with the Folks at A1, from talking the call to fully delivering on the 5 star promise they really did a wonderful job and I would highly recommend them to anybody looking for a reliable wedding tramsportation service.

Sent on 02/12/2017

A1 Limousine and Party Bus's reply:

We appropriate your response, glad to have been part of your special day.

Rihame · Married on 03/23/2016

Over all I was satisfied with the service. The bus was nice and clean inside. Did not have any issues with making the reservation, it was quite easy. We had a budget for the wedding and they met it. Which was fantastic, also to reserve our we only put down a $100 deposit. We had so many stops for pictures. Make sure you ask about the wedding package because it includes unlimited stops and a couple of other convenient stuff.

P · event on: 07/01/2017

A1 Limo & Party Bus was excellent. We could not have asked for better service. Jake was wonderful! I would highly recommend them for any event you have planned.

gordon · event on: 07/01/2017

My mom, Pat Lischett, hired you guys for service on Saturday, July 1. 7 people, 4 adults and my 3 kids loved the surprise of the trolley. We were going to Dead and Company at Wrigley. Jake is THE MAN!!!!. He was very kind to my family, this was a very special night, and thank you Jake for being a part of it.

Robert · Married on 10/06/2017

This was a big event (surprise party) that came with a lot expectations, and A1 delivered on all fronts. From working with Rae during the planning, to facilitating the group while decorating and driving with driver Ray, A1 provided a relaxed and fun evening that put all worries aside. It also helps that the actual trolley amazing!

Sent on 10/17/2017

A1 Limousine and Party Bus's reply:

We are glad to have been part of an awesome Birthday!!

jane · Married on 09/16/2017

We were really happy with the service! The driver was super nice and very accommodating. A week before we asked it we could move up the pick up time by 15 minutes and they were happy to do so. The trolley was decorated nicely and the ride made for a very special wedding day.

Sent on 09/25/2017

A1 Limousine and Party Bus's reply:

Hi Jane, We are glad to hear that you were happy with the service - we are glad to have been part of your special day !

LILIANA · Married on 02/01/2017

Some of the friendliest people I know, who have begun their own business and serve diligently and professionally. You're in for a fun, memorable and classy time!

jackie · Married on 09/17/2017

I was told by Rae to have snacks in the party bus since it was my wedding...but we didn't get to snack since the driver did not not. Just a miscommunication. Other then that we had a good experience. Thank you. Found you through the Knot.

Sent on 09/20/2017

A1 Limousine and Party Bus's reply:

Hi Jackie sorry about the miscommunication we allowed your party to have snacks, just not chip because they get really messy.

Tracy · Married on 08/17/2017

A1 limo was pleasant and professional with their service. Special thanks to Ray for accommodating our requests. Transportation was breeze on our wedding day and I hope to use their company for future events!

Heather · Married on 08/25/2018

4.2
      3.5

We used A1 for our bridal party transportation. The bus was really nice and they were very pleasant to work with communication wasn't always super clear. As far as day of, the bus arrived on time but ended up taking our bridal party the wrong direction of the venue so they had to try to get the bus driver’s attention to turn around. We made it to our 2nd photo location and had a 3rd on the list but due to some confusion with the driver we weren’t confident that he would find the location and didn’t want to risk getting back to our venue late so we eliminated that. We also had some difficulty connecting music in the bus. Overall we ended up making it to where we really wanted to go, the bus was really nice and we had a great day!

Meghan · Married on 09/15/2018

1.2
      0.5

False advertisement. No decorations inside or out! No red carpet! No pop at all and no alchohol until we called the company!

Derek · Married on 08/12/2017

0.8
      2.0
      0.5

Our experience with A1 Limousine was nothing short of an unmitigated disaster on numerous fronts, and our biggest wedding regret is trusting them to handle our transportation needs.

While searching for our party bus to transport the bridal party to and from our wedding photo locations, things started off on poor footing after we spoke with Ray and negotiated a pricing structure that fit our needs. The company initially refused to honor the quote Ray gave us, but they were still cheaper than the competition, and we decided to sign with them. They sent over a contract, which we signed, but after we asked for a larger party bus things became far more informal, with the company failing to provide neither an invoice nor a contract for the new bus. Everything was to be done as cash the day of the wedding, which should have raised red flags for us.

Long story short, the driver ripped us off on our wedding day and didn’t follow the signed contract that they themselves drafted after making us late on purpose (along with unsafe driving). We called numerous times in August and September, but so far, our complaints have not been escalated to anyone who can actually resolve the situation.

Do NOT trust this company with any of your transportation needs. Your concerns will fall on deaf ears, at least one of their drivers is breaking the law texting and driving, the vehicles are in poor condition with barely-operational air conditioning, and they’ll try to shake you down for money by the end if you’re even a little bit late (even if it’s their fault). We’re incredibly lucky the rest of the wedding was fantastic as this put a major damper on what should have been a wonderful day.

Edit: It's also worth mentioning that this company failed to address my concerns over phone or email when I contacted; I've only gotten a response back in review comment format. That should tell you what you need to know about this company.

Sent on 09/24/2017

A1 Limousine and Party Bus's reply:

Dear Mr. Letellier, We are aware that you hired our service for a two hour interval on August 12, 2017. Our driver was at the expected location 15 minutes prior to the pickup time. While we don't generally reserve a bus for only 2 hours on a Saturday, we knew how tight your budget was and we were trying to help you out. Our company tries to work with each customer we serve as best as possible. You were provided with a free wedding package with your rental. The driver was waiting at the back door of the church to pick up your party. He was in the back parking lot calling the number you provided and no one answered. Our party bus includes comfortable leather seating, lighting, surround sound, a television in the back and an amazing air-conditioning system. We also included a free wedding package for your special day that provided complementary ice, soda, water, beer and a bottle of champagne for your guests. In addition, the party bus was decorated for your wedding free of charge. Our drivers use cell phones as GPS to always find he most efficient route to get you to your next destination. After consulting with our driver, he was not texting and driving. You were scheduled to end your service at 5:30 PM. At 5:45 PM, you were still in the process of taking pictures and appeared to have no intention of wrapping up. Our driver was scheduled for another job, and was now going to be late because you were not keeping to your schedule. Your party was brought to the next location and dropped off at 6:20 PM, close to an hour longer than our scheduled service time. The driver asked you to pay for the services rendered to you at the last minute, because that is our policy when a customer doesn't schedule extra time by contacting our company ahead of time. We apologize for this misunderstanding and hope that you realize we tried to provide you with the best service possible.

Melody · Married on 09/16/2017

0.6
      0.5

HORRIBLE! JUST HORRIBLE! The worst experience you can have is if your transportation fails and you're late to your own wedding. From the beginning I spoke with Abe, who wasn't very professional at all. I went with it because the service was a little more reasonably priced then other limo services, for a reason. I sent them several emails about the schedule with NO response, which made me super worried. Then I received an invoice with the wrong pick up time which made me even more worried. So I called and they said they would fix it, which they ended up fixing the pick up time but I wanted confirmation of the schedule I have sent which they didn't do until last minute. The trolley comes to picks us up and its not nearly as nice as I thought it would be inside and definitely not decorated like they said they would but whatever,they actually came to the right location and not super late. When we went on the bus the music wasn't working! Can you imagine a trolley of 25 people with no music? No. So it took about 10 minutes to get the Bluetooth working (driver seems to have no idea how to work it). We were on the highway on the way to the reception and the bus broke down in the middle of the highway. What made It scarier was that it was smoking inside! Which is definitely a safety hazard. We all got off the bus and the police came because the bus needed to move from the side of the bus. We waited 15 minutes outside trying to get some sort of answer from the driver and he said it will take around 30 minutes for the second bus to come - but no guarantee it will be 30 minutes. I am already running late for our ceremony so half of the bridal party had to take ubers to our ceremony. The WORST part of all of this was the driver wasn't empathetic and NEVER received an apology from the company. Not via email or phone call. We had to call SEVERAL times to even reach this Abe guy since he's the only person that can make decisions. He offered only $100 back which we haven't recvd.

A1 Limousine and Party Bus 2
    A1 Limousine and Party Bus 3

Cheryl · Married on 09/01/2018

0.4
      0.5

ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! They were late to come to Church since the Trolley broke down and they were looking for another one. They left the Bridal Party on Michigan Avenue and the bride and groom had to take a cab to the reception. The driver and security guard that I had to pay extra. for were rude. The company will not return phone calls, will not offer any refund, and had many excuses with their side of the story. You do not want this on your wedding day. Do not book any event with this company.

Melissa · Married on 07/07/2018

0.4
      0.5

AWFUL experience. My sister (bride) booked a trolley for her wedding. She called a few days prior to be sure everything was set + to see what kind of drinks would be on the trolley. About an hour before the trolley was supposed to show up she got a call saying the trolley broke down + they were sending something else. We understand things happen, that's life. But they proceeded to send us a party bus when she was going to a church to get married. We told them, something classier please its a religious event. They didn't care, they sent the party bus anyways. It picked us up late then the driver was the most rude person I may have ever met. He YELLED at the BRIDE and our mother! Demanding the money before we could depart from our house making us even more late. They only took off $100 for bringing the wrong vehicle and being late. On top of that, our driver wore a T-shirt + jeans! He wasn't even professionally dressed. Once we were in the bus, their is a stripper pole in the middle- mind you, this was NOT a bachelorette party. It was a religious wedding! There were leftover cups with wine in them laying around the bus. They only had warm water + a few cans of pop. One bottle of champagne when they were promised beer + wine as well. To hold up the blinds in the bus, they had zip ties so if you wanted to close the blinds you couldn't as they were zip tied closed. Some of the cupholders were missing + your drink went straight down where you couldn't reach it. Stains on the seats. The air clearly wasn't working well as it was very hot. We asked to turn it down + driver either didn't listen or didn't care. When the ceremony was over- he had out this hideous red carpet which my sister had specifically told the company she did NOT want out. After the wedding he drove us to the reception + didn't even know where he was going. He had us going back to our house instead of the reception. He didn't get off to help anyone off the bus, just sat in the drivers seat. DO NOT BOOK!!!!