A Taste of Excellence Catering Reviews

31 Reviews for A Taste of Excellence Catering

• Brian

Brian T. · Getting married on 06/08/2021

Amazing Experience

A Taste of Excellence is a great company to work with. The food was great, the staff was professional, and nice. Diana always answered all my questions and got back to me promptly. She is very helpful! Thank you for a amazing experience!

Sent on 10/05/2019

Ashaunta H. · Married on 11/07/2020

Great experience

Very flexible and great customer service

Sent on 11/22/2020
  • Susannah

Susannah E. · Married on 10/10/2020

Great Experience!

Taste of Excellence catered my wedding on 10/10/2020 and they exceeded all of my expectations! Their attention to detail and flexibility are unmatched. I worked with Kaitlyn for all of my planning and she was responsive to all my questions, super organized and even came to the venue of my walk through to make sure all the details would be perfect. The day of Janette was onsite with me and she made sure everything got done. She stepped into the roll of day of coordinator and took it upon herself to make sure all the details of the reception were perfect. Anytime my family or I were doing setup one of the catering staff would come over and handle it. It made the stress levels the day of so much more manageable. In addition to everything else they did the food was excellent. All of the guests raved about delicious everything tasted. Overall I couldn't have been happier with the team at Taste of Excellence and I would use them again for any catering need.

Sent on 10/28/2020
  • Alissa

Alissa M. · Married on 09/26/2020

excellent food and service

Medeana at AToE was so wonderful. She was accessible day or night and helped us immensely when we had to downsize from 260 to 50 guests. everyone was raving about the food, we had the salmon and short ribs. every recommendation medeana gave us was absolutely delicious. and i know she did a lot behind the scenes to make the day as stress-free as possible, she noticed we had no champagne flutes for my husband and I to toast with so she ran out and bought some, she set up our dessert table beautifully with some cake stands i provided ( I didn't even have to ask). The bartender poured or shots at the "take a shot we tied the knot" table. The servers were quick, efficient, and covid-friendly. I have a few friends getting married next year and I have already referred them to AToE, I truly can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 10/18/2020

Ashley B. · Married on 09/12/2020

Great Experience!

We hired Taste of Excellence catering for our 9/12 wedding and we couldn't be happier with our experience! They were so accommodating and flexible - my husband is from Colombia so we wanted some traditional Colombian food for our wedding, and they did not disappoint! They were even willing to make empanadas from a traditional Colombian recipe that we sent them.
    We had decided to get cobbler desserts from another company, and that company screwed up and delivered the cobbler but not the vanilla ice cream that was supposed to go with it... So Riki, the catering manager, actually ran out to the nearest store to get ice cream, and none of our guests even knew anything went wrong!

Sent on 09/28/2020

Ann A. · Married on 02/22/2020

The BEST experience!

I cannot say enough about Taste of Excellence. They took our ideas and ran with them! We had our wedding at the old courthouse and they brought everything! From the tables, to the chairs, to the linens - they literally brought everything!! We worked with Mary Jane who made our dreams come true. They were so flexible with anything we threw their way. I was so impressed at how professional they were and how delicious the food was!! Guests asked if they had a restaurant because they wanted more food! They do weddings at the old courthouse often and it is a very tricky venue, but they knew EXACTLY what to do for everything. They helped us walk through every single step! I cannot recommend them enough!!

Sent on 02/27/2020
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 09/07/2019

Full service vendor who will fill you up with delicious food and drinks and help your day go smoothly

We are so happy to chose to work with A Taste of Excellence for our September wedding at Mapleside Farms. We worked with Karen Levin. Karen was organized in her planning and gave good honest advice. She was organized and responsive through the planning process. They are a full service caterer and took care of tables, linens, chairs, alcohol and food in addition to making the even run smoothly. On the day of the wedding, everything was set up beautifully and exactly as we wanted it. ATOE made everything run smoothly through the day and night. My husband and I (and our guests) were very well taken care of. Everyone told us how delicious and plentiful the food was! I can't be complimentary enough about Karen and the rest of her staff for such a perfect day. They also ended the night smoothly by packing up everything neatly and getting up loaded up to go home. It is truly worth the expense to have such a full service caterer!

Sent on 10/01/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea E. · Married on 08/31/2019

Amazing wedding caterers!

Taylor at ATOE is simply amazing!!! From our first meeting with her about a year before our wedding, she was so professional, knowledgeable, and wonderful to work with. I was concerned about being able to serve good quality food since we were having a large wedding in my parent's backyard and would need to bring everything in (250 guests). Not only did Taylor assure us that the food would be delicious, but we had multiple tastings where we were able to try every item that would be served at the wedding and provide feedback (it was all great from the start though!) I was also nervous about the process of serving so many guests, but Taylor made sure everything ran seamlessly and her staff did a truly amazing job. Taylor was also super detail-oriented and worked with our planner to ensure everything was set up perfectly according to plan. The night of our wedding I was so blown away by the level of service from ATOE and the quality of the food - and so were our guests who raved about both as well! We would recommend Taylor and ATOE to anyone who has any catering needs!!! They are true professionals and it is a pleasure to work with them.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • laurissa

Laurissa · Married on 08/17/2019

AMAZING selection and taste

Everyone loved the food being served, and talked about it for weeks after the wedding. Even the people who were very picky, loved the food and were surprised themselves. We did the buffet and it worked out perfectly. Would definitely recommend .

Sent on 12/12/2019

Kristin · Married on 06/30/2019

Delicious and organized

I wanted a taco bar and they met my expectations and exceeded them. The tasting was exactly what we were served on the day of the wedding

Sent on 07/09/2019

Kara · Married on 06/15/2019

Great to work with!

Almost an overwhelming amount of options available to suit any preferences or any style of wedding you can imagine. Many options and accommodations were available to meet the dietary restrictions of guests as well. Not to mention the food was delicious!

Sent on 06/26/2019
  • Matt

Matt · Married on 10/27/2018

Easy Breezy

They're certainly a pricier option, but there's no doubt that the level of detail and and easy professionalism they display make your planning experience so much more stress-free. You can be as customized with your wedding as you like, or you can be more hands-free and just approve or decline their suggestions, having a personalized wedding without having to do tons of agonizing detail work yourself.

Sent on 11/14/2018
  • User7312046 · 2+ years ago

Great food. Great service. Flexibility with budget.

Sent on 03/14/2017

Renee · Married on 07/21/2018

Taste of Excellence is phenomenal! We had the pleasure of working with Chris- he was great! Everyone there is so attentive and the food is excellent. We felt like we were in very good hands for our wedding day. Everyone loved the food too!

Sent on 08/18/2018

Andrea · Married on 06/30/2018

They are a pleasure to work with and their food is always top notch. You can depend on them to deliver the perfect meal to your guests.

Sent on 07/18/2018

Cristina · Married on 12/09/2017

Mary Jane Ferris, the wedding coordinator/manager worked with us very closely, she promised us the reception of our daughter's dream and she delivered. She was very patient in working with us, with all our inquiries and questions. She promised the food would be plenty and delicious even though we questioned the quantity, and they delivered. The appetizer table display was so impressive and beautifully spread out, we were told by all our guests that they had never been to a more beautiful reception. The dinner was just as impressive, delicious and beautifully displayed. Mary Jane kept reassuring us not to be nervous and leave things in her hand and we would not be disappointed and she delivered. I would recommend them to anybody. The food was just delicious as well as the presentation and the whole ball room set up was so elegant and impressive. The reception was held at the Blue Heron in Medina Ohio. Beautiful venue with a gorgeous entry for greeting guests with open windows, a fireplace and Christmas Trees were perfect setting four our daughter's Holiday dream wedding. The Main Ball room was even more beautiful with beautiful chandeliers curtains draping the windows and very well accommodating of our 300 guests. The sound from the DJ was also perfect. There was nothing that we would have wished to be any different.

Sent on 01/04/2018
  • Ludwig

Ashley · Married on 10/28/2017

Stan Hywet Wedding

Taste of Excellence was SO easy to work with, so so simple to communicate, add on to the package; they set up our dessert table for us and were so involved. The food was delicious and right on time, the linens and chevari chairs were GORGEOUS (and the chair rental is so worth the upgrade). Their team was so lovely and we were grateful to have them!

Sent on 04/28/2019

Bekim was our cater from A Taste of Excellence. He went out of his way to make myself and my husband have the best day possible. He was very accommodating and everything ran very smoothly, so much so that we used his services the following day to cater a home BBQ.

Sent on 08/08/2017
  • Allison

Allison · Married on 05/13/2017

So happy I picked Taste for our catering company. They have been nothing but helpful and very easy to get a hold of for any questions I've had. Everytime I say they are my caterer, people face lights up because they have a great reputation. I would recommend them for any catering event!!!!

Sent on 02/02/2017

Gina · Married on 03/18/2017

We can't say enough great things about Taste of Excellence and their staff. They set the bar HIGH.

Kaitlyn was our saving grace! We were nervous about having to bring everything in to our venue at The Old Courthouse, but after a few conversations we knew we were in good hands. She walked us through every detail, helped us choose our menu & rental items, coordinated all the moving piece and parts, worked with our other vendors and even coordinated/set up all the decor the day of to bring it all together. She took the time to get to know us and made sure everything was perfect. I am a perfectionist and like things a certain way, but my mouth dropped when I walked into the venue and saw it all set up. It was absolutely gorgeous! Her efforts allowed me and my husband to sit back, relax and take it all in. I don't think things could have gone more smoothly and we would pay for that peace-of-mind over and over again.

We give Kaitlyn a ton a of credit, but all the other staff including the chefs, bartenders, servers and setup crew were just as fantastic!

The service was a 10. From the staff who made an effort to check in with our elderly guests and serve them coffee and pastries throughout the night without asking to the setup crew who, without even hesitating, helped us carry in all of our wedding decor the day before the wedding...thank you. None of this was expected, but it's what makes TOE stand out above the rest.

And we can't leave out one of the most important pieces...the food. DELICIOUS. We loved it and received so many compliments from guests as well.

Taste of Excellence is so much more than just a great caterer...they know great customer service. Keep it up. We will continue to recommend and use them 10 out of 10 times!

Sent on 04/04/2017

Remy · Married on 02/18/2017

My husband and I had our wedding at Mapleside Farms and our food was catered by this wonderful catering company. Bekim worked with us throughout the entire process. He was absolutely amazing. From last minute changes, to having all of my questions answered throughout the whole process, it was exactly how you want to feel on your wedding day. Everything was taken care of, from passing out programs, to helping get my flower girls and ring bearers (ages 4-7) down the aisle, to the fabulous food. Absolutely everything was perfect and we couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 02/21/2017
  • Lynn

Lynn · Married on 12/31/2016

I used TOE for my wedding and the service was second to none! From the months of prep to the actual day itself, Riki and TOE staff were extremely nice, accommodating, and professional. Every single little detail was perfect and exactly what we asked for. We couldn't be happier with the service we received :)

Sent on 02/24/2017

I recieved many comments from guest on how good the food was.

Sent on 09/05/2016

Rachel · Married on 07/08/2017

Our experience with Taste of Excellence was phenomenal. We worked with Bekim and he was such a consistent and reliable resource. He was wonderful at keeping communication open and very responsive whenever we were communicating. Bekim is honest and helped me with decisions I had trouble making. We were able to go for a food tasting in order to decide what we wanted on our wedding menu and we were so pleased with how delicious all the options were. We actually ended up having beef, chicken, fish, and vegetarian options because we couldn’t choose! Our guests raved about the food at the wedding, and were so excited about the late night french fry bar. Karen was our coordinator on the day of the wedding and we were thrilled at how smoothly everything went. The service was very timely, and our guests were all served as soon as we had planned. We loved working with Taste of Excellence and highly recommend them!

Sent on 10/09/2017

Samantha · Married on 08/27/2016

Taste of excellence was a wonderful addition to our wedding day. Our first tasting was amazing and we knew we wanted to work with them. Along with the food, they provided our linens including tablecloths and napkins. Our food was amazing on the day of and we got so many compliments on our passed appetizers. Stephanie was great to work with and was prompt with emails and questions. The only thing I wish they had provided was chair linens! We were extremely satisfied nonetheless!

Sent on 09/20/2016