A Taste of Excellence Catering at Grand City Hall Rotunda Reviews

55 | Cleveland, OH

55 Reviews for A Taste of Excellence Catering at Grand City Hall Rotunda

Elizabeth · Married on 08/14/2010

Delicious food, great service, friendly people. They really listened to what we wanted and designed a menu that was unique and exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 09/02/2010

Tara · Married on 06/27/2009

A Taste of Excellence did an amazing job with our wedding reception. From the initial tasting with our families, we knew we had made the right choice. Plus, their amazing food is coupled with great service and reps who go out of their way to make sure their clients have the event they dream of. Mary Jane was helpful during the planning process, and made appropriate suggestions in terms of what we needed and what we didn't. The day of the event, she was there to see that things ran smoothly. Our Day of Coordinator, Heidzillas, affirmed that Mary Jane was great to work with. A few things we weren't going to include initially were changed when we took Mary Jane's advice. And I'm glad we did -- the antipasto display was a hit! I would definitely recommend A Taste of Excellence to anyone planning a wedding, large event, or even at-home party since they offer so much beyond the traditional wedding catering.

Sent on 07/15/2009

Bethany · Married on 05/31/2006

We received so many compliments on the food and quality of service at our reception. I plan to use them again in the future for catering for parties and other events. It was very easy to set up a payment plan and choose food that we liked for our reception. The cocktail hour set up was absolutely gorgeous and I can't compliment the serving staff enough. They managed to pull it all together even with the 10 minute downpour that happened for our tent reception.

Sent on 03/05/2010

Aaliyah · Married on 05/28/2011

Mary Jane was awesome, any question or item we needed she was there to accomadate us. The event went off without a hitch. My only small complaint is that the food was a GREAT as our tasting. It was still good but I guess there is a difference in making two plates and 135 plates. I also heard cocktail hour was awesome. Thank you to the staff of Taste of Excellence!

Sent on 06/17/2011

Rebecca · Married on 05/10/2009

We at first leaned towards this caterer because they were the cheapest caterer who worked with our venue, but they turned out to also have the best food and the best service. The food was superb, even though we were running a little off of schedule (the asparagus was a little overdone, but all of the meals were excellent). They cook all of their food on site -- no sternos. Everyone said that they couldn't believe it was "wedding food." They served us a full tasting meal even before we had booked them and we met the chef who was in charge of our wedding and discussed his signature dishes. They ended up making a vegetarian option for our wedding that wasn't even on their original menu. They allowed people to change meal options even the week of! Truly a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 05/19/2009

Samantha · Married on 08/27/2016

Taste of excellence was a wonderful addition to our wedding day. Our first tasting was amazing and we knew we wanted to work with them. Along with the food, they provided our linens including tablecloths and napkins. Our food was amazing on the day of and we got so many compliments on our passed appetizers. Stephanie was great to work with and was prompt with emails and questions. The only thing I wish they had provided was chair linens! We were extremely satisfied nonetheless!

Sent on 09/20/2016

Emily · Married on 07/30/2016

Very excited for our wedding because of this vendor in particular. They are doing everything they can to make sure our food is awesome. We are doing stations and family style.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Hired A Tase Of Excellence for our wedding this upcoming July 2016 and we can't wait! Everything they have done for us has been extremely professional and organized. The tasting was fantastic, I couldn't believe how accommodating they were.

Sent on 01/25/2016
  • User4531976 · 2+ years ago

Food is amazing -- compeltely flexible with our tasting and let us try double the normal options! Madeana is great!

Sent on 03/18/2015

TOE is pricy but worth it! Kaitlyn is amazing to work with, and our wedding was perfect. We got so many compliments on the food!

Sent on 12/01/2014

Debbi · Married on 03/01/2014

The food was great! Chris went over and above to make sure our daughters wedding was awesome. Not just a caterer, Chris and his staff made sure that all aspects of the reception went smoothly.

Sent on 03/08/2014

Working with Chris Winter was a dream. He knew what I needed before I even did, and I loved that everything could be done through them (rentals, cake, etc.).

Very happy!

Sent on 12/13/2014

Ruth · Married on 07/07/2007

This caterer was excellent, we had a very large guest list and a very small budget, they were very accommodating and attentive. I would highly recommend this caterer.

Sent on 11/20/2008
  • User2208789 · 2+ years ago

3.5

A Taste of Excellence was very accomodating and easy to work with. We asked for someappetizers that weren't on the menu, and they kindly made them for us. Stephanie met with us several times leading up to our wedding day to go over details. We did two tastings and the food was always fabulous. The only disappointment was that the food served on our wedding day did not taste as fresh or good as when we did our tastings. The fish and chicken were a little dry and the rissoto didn't even resemble what we had at our tastings. My husband reminded me I should not expect that same quality when cooked in bulk using portable ovens. I just wish it tasted the same because that is what I was looking forward to. The serving staff and catering manager were fabulous and I believe went beyond expectations to make our day go smoothly. The tent sides were open when it started to rain and the venue coordinator was nowhere to be found. The serving staff tried their best to close the sides before our guests got wet. We really appreciate the Tast of Excellence staff stepping up even though this wasn't their job. Also, cake was served to our guests at their tables, but our table had to be moved to open the dance floor. I guess I should have specified that myself and the groom would have liked the cake served to us whether we were seated or not. We weren't served any cake, but luckily my wedding coordinator thought to put a piece in our suite that we got at the end of the night.

Sent on 07/11/2013

Amanda · Married on 06/18/2011

We worked with both Chris and Jeannie from Taste and they were very nice during every interaction. Taste is extremely flexible. We provided our own signature cocktail and macaroni and cheese recipes, both of which they made. We also ordered our own ice cream and they served it for us for no additional charge.

Despite all these special requests, Taste was courteous, and very customer-service oriented.

Sent on 07/05/2011

Tara · Married on 10/23/2009

Taste of Excellence did an AMAZING job with catering at our wedding. They provided fun, and tasty action stations which were a huge hit for our 200+ guests. Not only did they go above and beyond what was expected, but they detailed every inch on the reception so that it was perfect for our guests.

The director is slightly hard to get ahold of and e-mails were not returned promptly, but that can not overshadow the amazing work that they did. I highly suggest this caterer. They will provide you with everything you want to make your day perfect!

Sent on 11/09/2009

Chelsea · Married on 07/05/2014

At first I did not think I would like this caterer, but I ended up loving them on the wedding night. I thought they were a little expensive and did not allow much wiggle room. The food we taste-tested was not the food we ended up choosing. Luckily the food we had for the wedding was AMAZING. They took care of everything so that we could enjoy our night. Everything was perfect during the wedding. I'd say they were worth the money in the end!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Amy · Married on 09/24/2011

Extremely professional company who provided delicious food and excellent service at my wedding!!

Sent on 09/27/2011

Kara · Married on 08/02/2008

Great food, good service. Linda was really helpful in the planning. The food was delicious and they presented it beautifully!!

Sent on 08/26/2008

Barbara · Married on 06/11/2016

We came across the venue before coming across A Taste of Excellence. We fell in love with our venue (Mapleside Farms). We were very happy with A Taste of Excellence (the sole caterer for that venue). We were very lucky to work with Riki Schmigel who answered all of our questions and was enthusiastic about our choices. The whole day was a great success!

Sent on 08/15/2016

Emily · Married on 09/24/2011

3.5

Organization and tasting before the wedding was great! Staff was easy to get ahold of and returned calls and emails quickly. The food was wonderful! It was slightly more expensive than other caterers in the area. Some service issues the day of the wedding, but they were taken care of eventually. Ice cream bar that we had ordered and paid a pretty good price for was set out after many of the guests had already left and was only available for less than an hour. If I had known this I wouldn't have paid the extra money for it. Overall, everyone enjoyed the food and we were happy with our choice.

Sent on 12/06/2011

Michael · Married on 06/25/2011

Great food and gave whatever we wanted. A little last minute for the final bill and took a few days to return emails. But could not imagine another caterer.

Sent on 07/12/2011

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2012

4.2
      3.5

very professional, positive, amazing attitude, can and will do anything you ask for!

Sent on 06/11/2012

James · Married on 11/19/2011

4.2

Wedding Wire brilliantly deleted my review so unfortunately this won't be as long as before. (Thanks for nothing)
    Taste of Excellence did very well with our wedding. I found out last minute (at the wedding) that the main person who had been helping us plan all along would not attend because of a personal matter and this was frustrating but understandable. I'm happy to say that the remainder of the staff worked tremendously well with the exception of one shattered champagne flute right under the bride's chair (and bare feet). Regardless, many things I thought i'd have to do myself were taken care of without my asking. I was also notified of several point persons who would be handling things for me and they responded to any request without delay or question. I was even brought drinks throughout the night which was nice since we had no chance to go to the bar. I would recommend ToE to others; their food was delicious and few, if any, guests complained about anything. (we have picky families)

Sent on 01/03/2012

Jennifer · Married on 06/16/2012

3.4
      2.0
      3.0
      3.0

We have mixed feelings about our caterer. The food was great, and so was the service the day of the wedding. The bar tenders and servers were excellent! However, our expectations were not met in the pre-planning phase. We had a hard time getting in touch with our planner, she was very slow answering emails, if she answered at all, and she didn't do any coordinating with our other vendors. One of the reasons we chose Taste of excellence is we thought they would do some of the coordinating, so we factored that into their more expensive cost, but that was not the case, I coordinated everything myself. One great thing was they did set up for us a day in advance, I rented tables and chairs through them and they didn't charge extra for having them there the extra time. They also were pretty flexible with the menu, allowing me to have vegetarian entrees for certain people even though it was family style. they also chilled our home-made beer for us and served it in nice glassware at a separate beer station- that was awesome. So I would recommend them, but my advice is to just be very specific about what you want, and make sure you get all the details in your contract. Our planner also changed during our engagement and I think that was part of the issue we had with responsiveness, since our contact was new. She was very nice, just forgot some details (like putting aside some vegetarian hor'dervs for me which was a huge bummer but a small thing). They are also not the best value, they're pretty expensive. Overall I'm happy I went with them bc the service at the wedding and the quality of the food made the extra price worth it. One other thing- they only have Budweiser products, we did ask for Miller in our first meeting and the woman said it would be no problem. She didn't tell us it would be a $2 upcharge per person to have Miller instead! They waived that charge for us since we weren't told upfront, but just something to keep in mind!

Sent on 07/13/2012