A Taste of Elegance, Catering & Events Reviews

101 A Taste of Elegance, Catering & Events Reviews
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 10/20/2018

Delicious Food!

Taste of Elegance is amazing! We have nothing but positive things to say about our entire experience with them. The two owners are wonderful people who are responsive and attentive to your needs. We changed our menu multiple times to add items, change main courses etc. and they were always helpful and never minded sending us updated contracts each time. The tasting was great and they walk you through everything you could choose and what would be best for your wedding. Also, the day of staff including the waiters and the manager, Alex, were amazing! They served everyone promptly, were attentive to our guests and to us, and they even helped us clean up after the reception was over. We were so happy with the service. They bring appetizers and drinks to the wedding party during pictures, and give leftovers to the bride and groom for a late night meal.
    Now, the real showstopper, the food! People are still raving about our wedding menu. We had a served meal and every entree was delicious. The most raved about was the beef selection followed closely by the salmon. Not to be outdone the appetizers were a huge hit! Definitely get the chicken cordon Blu bites and the mini grilled cheese! Oh, and the late night snack of pretzels and cheese was so welcomed by our guests and by us as we took some for the ride home and it was delicious. Alex even re-heated it for us before we left!
    Overall, I can't say enough great things about Taste of Elegance. They are the best at what they do and you will have guests telling you weeks later how good the food was. I highly recommend this company.

• Stacey

Stacey · Married on 10/13/2018

Perfect, delicious, and accommodating

A Taste of Elegance was wonderful to work with! The food was delicious, and at my request, they made accommodations to provide food that fit various dietary restrictions, and I think they labeled everything. The servers were so nice and everything was wonderful!

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2018

You can't go wrong with Taste of Elegance!

We looked at multiple caterers through our wedding venue's recommendations and went to a tasting with Carrie at Taste of Elegance. Carrie was so supportive of our vision during our tasting and helped us perfect our menu for our wedding that day. Going into the tasting, we were a bit unsure of the style or even food choices that we wanted. Carrie made it easy and through her experience and creativity, helped us come up with the perfect menu.

Throughout the process of planning our wedding, Carrie was so helpful and responsive to all of our questions. In addition, she was onsite when we did our final planning and made the process quick and easy for us at this busy time.

If you're looking for a fun, professional catering company w/ unique ideas, great food and service, you need to go with Carrie and her team at Taste of Elegance!

• Deryn

Deryn · Married on 10/06/2018

If you choose A Taste of Elegance for your catering, you and your guests will certainly enjoy themselves! Nothing was leftover, and guests raved about the food all night. They also provided all of the alcohol for our open bar reception. Carey and Tracy were great to work with!

Nicole · Married on 08/17/2018

What can I say❤Carey and her team are the BEST. The food was amazing and guests are still talking about how great the good was especially the crab dip. Thank you so much for making my wedding so memorable❤❤❤

• Terra

Terra Howard · Married on 08/11/2018

Best decision ever !!!

Taste of Elegance catered my wedding this past August. I don’t think there are enough words or metaphors to accurate describe how great they are . Food is arguably one of the top three things st any event but specifically a wedding that can make th entire day a hit or a miss. Your guest will remember the loving moments I am sure but the details will fade in time - what I tend to hear after weddings is the food good or bad.
    From introduction via email to the personal tasting appointment to the time in between your wedding of constant comminication and quick thoughtful responses; it was such a huge relief and an easy part of my wedding planning.
    Customer service -✅
    Professionalism -✅
    Attentive -✅
    On Time-✅
    Food -✅✅✅
    Food -✅✅✅

The food itself is worth contacting them and booking them. It was seasoned to perfection. Everything .
    We had the peppadew stuffed peppers - amazing
    Coconut shrimp - amazing
    Crudités- fresh and good
    The cranberry pecan salad - I wanted to take a whole bowl of it home- have at least three bowls of it
    String beans with sea salt- crisp and flavorful
    Main entree was chicken and salmon with some type of yummy sauce - guests got seconds and thirds
    And the winner of the night was the mashed potatoe martini bar. I won’t even say how many martinis I had 🤓
    After several tastings with other caterers Taste of Elegance was an easy pick ... give them a call and go to a tasting - you won’t regret it .

I am looking forward to hosting another event just to use them again.

Happy food hunting 🤓🤓🤓

Bonita · Married on 08/10/2018

I can't say enough about our experience with Taste of Elegance. Every interaction we had with them was a pleasant surprise. They worked with our budget and the person in charge of the catering at the wedding was a delight. (As were all the employees) Everything was delicious and beautifully presented. I highly recommend them for any of your catering needs.

Melissa · Married on 06/02/2018

Taste of Elegance did a fantastic job catering our wedding! The whole experience was seamless, from our delicious tasting, to working out contract and menu details, to the day-of service provided. The food was excellent, and the service was equally great. Carey and Tracey were so easy to work with; if we had any questions, we just emailed them and had responses to everything within a day. Overall, we would choose them again in a heartbeat, and definitely recommend them to anyone!

Casey · Married on 04/22/2018

Taste of Elegance lives up to their name! Their food is delicious and their service at our wedding was phenomenal. All of their employees were friendly, helpful, professional and couldn't have asked for a better experience!

AnnMarie · Married on 04/14/2018

A Taste Of Elegance did an amazing job for our daughters wedding. Our guests complemented us on the food and service they received. It was wonderful to have a service that included all that was needed linens, tablecloths, napkins and dishes. silverware and glasses as well as the food. We were extremely pleased with the excellent service and quality of food and they were so easy to work with.

Emily · Married on 11/19/2017

We had Taste of Elegance caterer our November 19th wedding, and it was one of the best decisions we made. The food was absolutely delicious and the staff was incredible. Throughout the night the staff checked in on my husband and I to make sure that we had everything that we needed. Our guests loved the food, especially the Bourbon Chicken and Mashed Potato Martini Bar. They had so much flavor that our guests kept going back for more. I would recommend Taste of Elegance in a heartbeat to anyone looking for a caterer for their wedding.

Amanda · Married on 10/20/2017

Taste of Elegance was recommended to me by my Venue. I hit the jackpot for sure with this vendor!!! We met Carey a few times at Harbour View and we were able to taste a few of their menu items. We spoke with her and just asked her a few general questions and she was so amazing and very honest with us. We went to their location to do our tasting and I was just blown away. We were off in our own little private room, each dish was brought out to us and explained while we were tasting. It was unbelievable! If we ever had any questions or changes that needed to be made Carey was just a quick email away. A few weeks before the wedding, we met with her at the venue to just review how tables were going to be set up, how the buffet would work, timelines and such. She also helped us in finding our special glitter linens that I had been searching all over the internet for! The colors were PERFECT! Everything was just beyond words amazing. They brought the wedding party down some appetizers while we were waiting to have pictures taken. The food was phenomenal! Carey checked on us to make sure we were plenty full and even packed us some togo boxes. My guests RAVED about how amazing the food was! Carey is super sweet and so fun to work with, extremely organized and accommodating to any food specific needs. She also offered us a kids menu choice for the little ones or the picky eaters which was perfect! I would use this company again in a heartbeat!!

Tameka · Married on 10/08/2017

Carey and Tracy were TOP NOTCH! I have ZERO bad to say about this company and their service from beginning to end! They accommodated my nerves when I had the jitters about the place settings and linens after they already set with me during the walk through. So they allowed my mom and I to come out and have one final look to make the final decision. And the food was AMAZING! Its nothing worse than having "wedding food" you know the bland flavor normal stuffy food. We had a tasting and the food was just as good at the wedding as it was at the tasting. The ladies are an awesome duo and will work with your budget! They will also offer suggestions to keep your cost low so they aren't just out for your money. Don't hesitate on booking them for your next event!

Samantha · Married on 09/10/2017

Fantastic! So glad we chose them for our wedding. I am SUPER PICKY and still lived there food. Carey is the nicest and easiest person to work with. Loved working with her! Thank you guys!!

Chris · Married on 07/23/2017

I can't say enough how pleased we were with our event. The initial tasting was so well played out and professional. The food was amazing. Once the wedding came around, I was even more surprised at how extremely pampered we felt with the service. I highly recommend them to anyone.

Katie · Married on 06/23/2017

We loved having A Taste of Elegance cater our wedding! When we entered the reception hall, we were blown away by the beautiful set up the staff had done. The food, drink, and service throughout our wedding day were incredible. While we were taking post-ceremony photos in the hot summer sun, two servers stood nearby with drinks and food for the bridal party to snack on. During the event, the entire staff was very attentive to needs of the guests and always kept smiles on their faces. The dinner buffet was a hit, especially the mashed potato bar. Yum! I highly recommend A Taste of Elegance to any bride that is looking for a great catering and service for a wedding in the Fredericksburg area!

Janelle · Married on 06/03/2017

This vendor was recommended to us by the owner of the venue for our wedding, Rock Hill Plantation House. We are very glad we chose Taste of Elegance to cater our wedding. They were very friendly and easy to work with and helped us create a menu that would work for our event and our budget. We read in a review that they had prepared fried chicken for another event and when we asked them to do the same for our wedding they were able to accommodate our request. We served our meal buffet style and they were able to manage the crowd well so that everyone was able to get their food quickly and many guests went back for seconds of their favorites. The wait staff provided the bridal party with appetizers and drinks during our bridal party picture since we didn’t make most of the cocktail hour and they were quick to get us our meals first and pack us to go boxes as well. Everyone was raving about the food, the mac and cheese in particular, it was all a hit! With this vendor we were also able to provide our own alcohol and their bartender served the drinks which worked out really well and helped us save money. They also provided table linens which was very helpful. Overall the food was a big hit, the vendors were so easy to work with and I would highly recommend!

Andrew · Married on 05/21/2017

A Taste of Elegance did a flawless job catering our wedding. They were very responsive to emails from the beginning and were always helpful in answering our questions. The food was delicious, especially the appetizers, and we really appreciated that the staff brought food and drinks to us throughout the wedding whenever we wanted them. They were very organized and a pleasure to work with.

Kayla · Married on 04/29/2017

Taste of Elegance catered our wedding and we couldn't be happier with them. They provided excellent food and were so easy and flexible to work with. Carey was always quick to respond, thorough, and so helpful-- she helped us out in a few tight logistics spots with our timeline and menu choices, and gave us great, honest advice. Day-of, they did a beautiful job with table set ups (we also did our linens through them), service was seamless, and the food was delicious. They made sure my husband and I ate on the day of the wedding and were even kind enough to pack up an extra to-go box for us to eat after the wedding. I would recommend them 100%!

Ashley · Married on 04/22/2017

A Taste of Elegance was a great caterer to work with. The food was delicious and the service was great too. They were very accommodating of food allergies and preferences for us and our guests. They also had a lot of options to choose from. We would definitely recommend them to anyone getting married in the Northern Virginia area.

Domonique · Married on 03/26/2017

Best caterer ever! If I would of found taste of elegance last year I would of booked them instead of my previous caterer. Carey was amazing to work with from start to finish and she is very sweet and helpful. The food was amazing everyone enjoyed it. Should I have another event I will definitely use them. Thank you so much for making my wedding fabulous and as stress free as possible.

Porsha · Married on 01/27/2017

Carey was great to work with. The food was delicious and a great value compared to some of the other caterers. We were allowed to provide our own alcohol which helped cut costs.

Glynis · Married on 12/02/2016

A Taste of a Elegance provided excellent customer service and very tasteful food. The presentation of the food and service from staff was above and beyond! Carrie provided helpful tips to ensure our dinner was a success. We will choose them for future events and recommend them to our family and friends.

Brittany · Married on 11/25/2016

Carey and her team were absolutely amazing to work with. We had several people attending the wedding and in the wedding party that had dietary restrictions like nut allergy, gluten free and lactose allergy and Carey and her team jumped right in and set aside separate meals for these folks. Carey was easy to work with and one of the nicest people I have ever met. She was more than accommodating and our guest still have not stopped talking about how great the food was-people even went back for seconds!

Ashley · Married on 09/03/2016

A taste of Elegance was an excellent choice for our caterer. Not only were we able to pick our own menu, we were able to cater it to be gluten free for my mother-in-law. The food was absolutely delicious and we got so many compliments on how great it tasted. We also were served at our head table so that my husband and I could eat while the other tables were getting their food. At the end of the night we also got two to-go boxes of food for my husband and I when we got home. Overall it was amazing food at an even better price!