A Stitch In Time Bridal Services Reviews

28 | Los Angeles, CA

28 Reviews for A Stitch In Time Bridal Services

28 A Stitch In Time Bridal Services Reviews

Michelle · Married on 06/30/2018

I bought a beautiful, all-lace wedding dress that fit me beautifully except it was way too long. I'm 5'1" so I knew I would need to have quite a bit cut off, but I started to become nervous when I realized that it might be really difficult to hem the relatively complicated lace pattern. Olivia was really confident when she saw what I needed done and assured me she was a lace expert, so I felt like I was in really good hands. The dress turned out perfectly so I'm thrilled with the outcome!

• Adriana

Adriana · Married on 06/09/2018

My husband and I were married at The Villa SJC this spring and A Stitch in Time did my alterations. Lovely Bride, where I’d found my gown, referred Olivia and Anne. Olivia was warm, funny and professional. We met three times and she did a wonderful job transforming a beautiful dress into my beautiful dress.

Olivia attached the sleeves, added clasps to the bodice, and took in, shortened and hemmed the skirt. She also added a sturdier bustle. No easy task given the embellishments and delicate lace of an Anna Campbell gown. The look was complete with a gorgeous veil from Olivia’s collection. I felt amazing on my big day and she was an absolute pleasure to work with. Thank you, Olivia!

A Stitch In Time Bridal Services 1
    A Stitch In Time Bridal Services 6
    A Stitch In Time Bridal Services 7
    A Stitch In Time Bridal Services 8

Katie · Married on 12/09/2017

My wife and I both bought our dresses from David’s Bridal. We were going to just get everything done there, but they scared us with their time frames for alterations 3 months before the wedding, telling us we had to come in right away or they wouldn’t be done. Our matron of honor came through and recommended A Stitch In Time to us and said not to worry. We went in 2 months before the wedding and Olivia took care of us. Both our dresses and our maid of honor’s dress were all done together, and she even sewed in a little blue bow on the inside of our dresses for our something blue! Despite the active Skirball fire the week of our wedding (early Dec 2017), we were able to have one of our bridesmaids in the area contact Olivia, and pick up the dresses directly from her. The dresses fit perfectly and looked amazing!

Sent on 04/02/2018
    A Stitch In Time Bridal Services 9
    A Stitch In Time Bridal Services 10

A Stitch In Time Bridal Services's reply:

Aww thank you Katie, you and Michelle were a delight to assist. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pictures and your experience with us. I am so glad we were there for you both! Wishing you both much love, joy and happiness!! xx

Jaimie · Married on 11/04/2017

Olivia is MY GIRL. She is the absolute best. Her attention to detail is incredible. She is funny and warm. During all the stress of planning, I genuinely enjoyed going to see her for my fittings. She also made me the most gorgeous headpiece that perfectly completed my look - my dress needed some complicated alterations, and it came out looking PERFECT.

A Stitch In Time Bridal Services 11

Amanda · Married on 09/16/2017

Olivia was amazing! My dress turned out so beautifully, and she was so accommodating when I asked for one extra appointment to make sure I felt good about everything. She even helped me make a special handkerchief for my sister, which was her idea and turned out so beautifully. I'm still getting compliments on my dress, and more importantly, could move around and dance freely all night at my wedding without being uncomfortable or having to change. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 10/24/2017
    A Stitch In Time Bridal Services 12
    A Stitch In Time Bridal Services 13
    A Stitch In Time Bridal Services 14
    A Stitch In Time Bridal Services 15

A Stitch In Time Bridal Services's reply:

Aww Amanda, thank you so much, it was such a pleasure assisting you. Mom and I love what we do and our special time with our brides is very important to us. Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures and your review! Wishing you, your husband and families so much love and a lifetime of happiness xoxo

Shannon · Married on 09/02/2017

Really amazing experience! I had such a crisis with my dress being too big and no one else would do the alterations. Olivia made me feel so comfortable and not worried about it. It turned out perfect and exactly what I wanted! Highly recommend!

Sent on 11/13/2017

A Stitch In Time Bridal Services's reply:

Aww Thank you so much Shannon, super model ;) I am so happy we were able to assist you with your gorgeous gown, such a pleasure!! Much love to you, your husband and families <3

Erin · Married on 06/03/2017

I had such a positive experience with Anne and Olivia! They were incredibly professional and friendly, flexible with my schedule, and skilled at their craft. They tailored my wedding dress perfectly (fit like a glove) and gave excellent recommendations for hair, make-up and jewelry. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/22/2017
    A Stitch In Time Bridal Services 16

A Stitch In Time Bridal Services's reply:

Thank you so much Erin, you were such a pleasure to assist! Wishing you and your family a wonderful Happy Thanksgiving celebration! xx Anne and Olivia

Lauren · Married on 03/11/2017

Olivia did a fantastic job on my wedding gown. She was able to tailor it to create the dress of my dreams. It initially started as a strapless dress that didn't fit me too well in the front, and with her magic she added a halter and made sure it wouldn't move on the day of the wedding. She even was able to fit me in for a quick adjustment the day before the wedding and I was confident my dress would fit perfectly on the big day.

Emily · Married on 02/18/2017

A Stitch in Time Bridal Services is fantastic. Like some who have commented already, I was referred to A Stitch in Time by Lovely Bride where I had purchased my wedding gown. I adored working with Olivia. She was sweet and professional and made each fitting swift and easy. I really wouldn't have known what to do without her expertise as everything formal-wear and wedding-related was new to me. Best of all, the dress turned out perfectly tailored and comfortable. Thank you, Olivia!!!

Lisa · Married on 09/17/2016

I used a Stitch In Time for my wedding dress alterations for my wedding in September 2016. I really loved how you paid a flat rate for the alterations, there were no financial surprises. I worked with Olivia who was so wonderful, she was very flexible with accommodating my busy schedule, was very easy to talk to during each of our appointments, and even fixed my veil that I bought on etsy free of charge! I felt totally comfortable with her and even trusted her taking a scissor to the bottom of my tulle skirt :) I highly recommend A Stitch In Time!

Jen · Married on 04/02/2016

Anne was fantastic. She has a great personality and cares deeply for her brides and their experience in her shop and on their wedding day. I was required to pay up front, which surprised me, but her work was excellent and done on time. I had 4 fittings over 8 weeks, and a little work was done each time prior to the next visit. Most of the fittings began on time and lasted anywhere from 20min to 40min. Plenty of street parking outside the shop, and the shop has a nice sitting room.

Julia · Married on 10/17/2015

Olivia and her team were great and made me feel so comfortable and beautiful in my dress! The flurry of planning tasks caught up with me and I realized about a month out I hadn't gotten my dress altered and needed like a full foot taken off the hand-stitched hem (read: not easy) plus some other stuff taken in...whoops! Olivia was great and made it work, eliminating a major stress for me. She genuinely cared about making sure it was perfectly fitted and I felt confident and beautiful in the dress before my big day. Plus, she was very kind and friendly and made me feel at ease throughout the process. We were so happy with A Stitch In Time!

Amy · Married on 05/30/2015

The ladies at A Stitch in Time are the best in Los Angeles. They are beyond professional, they make you feel so comfortable and their quality of service is beyond what you'd expect. Being a bride and fitting into a gown is quite stressful, but I was in excellent hands with Olivia and my dress fit and looked exquisite. I'd highly recommend A Stitch in Time to all brides.

Anne and Olivia are amazing. I bought a sample sale size 6 gown which need to be at least 2 sizes smaller. Anne made the dress seem like it was always my size. The back of the dress was netting. However, with the alterations and my size it did not look right. However, the mother daughter pair came up with the idea to open the back up, which ended up being one of the most stunning parts of the dress. It is not just an alterations service, they really are full service. Anne, helped recommend what kind of jewelry and shoes to wear and how to do my hair. Additionally, she knew what not to wear i.e. a bracelet will catch on the lace on the dress. There studio is also lovely. You really feel like you are having the bridal experience and they give you full attention. I would recommend them to any bride. They will continue to work on the dress until it is exactly right. The dress that started as way to big, ended up being absolutely amazing and the dress of my dreams. Working with Anne and Olivia is money well spent.

madison · Married on 11/15/2014

Olivia is a dream come true!!! I met with her a few times and every meeting was absolutely wonderful. She was fun, sweet, respectful and made what could have been an awkward situation (getting undressed in front of a stranger) totally enjoyable! She made me look even more beautiful than I ever could have imagined and I would recommend her to every bride I know! Completely affordable and worth every penny.

Monica · Married on 04/13/2013

I purchased my Vera Wang gown at the Glamour Closet in LA (review also posted here). The lovely ladies who sold me my princess wedding dress told me there was one place to go for alterations. Anne. "But make sure you start the process as soon as possible because she'll be busy come the holidays because of Oscar season..." WUT?!

All I had was a cell phone number. And when I first spoke with Anne I was in love immediately. She's an older French woman and having lived in Paris for three years growing up, I felt comfortable with her from the get go. I think I had four appointments with her, and apart from my excitement of wanting to get in the dress each time, I was always excited to see Anne. She was genuinely interested in me, my life, how I met my future husband, etc. And she has a beautiful boutique, to boot.

I didn't even know I wanted a belt for my dress until she put one on and voila. Parfait! The coolest part about Anne is she is in business with her daughter Olivia who does all the fancy embellishments, including the belt I purchased to go with the dress. I wish I could post a picture here. They are an amazing team and I cannot thank them enough for making the dress even more amazing than it was initially off the hanger.

I must add after our 4th appointment I thought I was picking up my dress and walking out with it. Apparently I was wrong and we were to have another appointment later that week. Only problem was, I was leaving town a week before my wedding and I apparently hadn't relayed this to Anne. GULP! Well she kicked it into high gear and finished my dress that day and then HAND DELIVERED IT TO MY HUSBAND that very night. Anne went above and beyond the call of duty and I'm so appreciative. She's amazing. Don't go anywhere else.

• User3202015 · 2+ years ago

Olivia is more than amazing. I brought my wedding dress to her after the person from whom I purchased it refused to make any of the alterations I was requesting. Olivia knew exactly what to do with my dress and was really creative in making my various requests work (namely, I wanted to wear heels to my ceremony and flats to the reception, so I needed a front bustle made so that the change in heel height wouldn't cause the dress to drag/be damaged). She did it! She also created my veil which was just superb. I had a front blusher and a long veil that draped around me. In the setting sun, I looked like I had a soft glow all around me. AND. to top it off. I lost a few pounds from wedding stress, which caused my rehearsal dinner dress to not fit. I brought this to her and she had my beaded sheath dress ready to go in 3 days. Amazing. I would recommend her to everyone.

Tania · Married on 09/22/2012

Anne Fiser performed a miracle on my wedding dress! I purchased my sample size 10 Vera Wang dress and needed it to fit me, a size 0. It might not have been possible with any other person, but Anne pulled it off and also made my gorgeous cathedral veil and it was beautiful. She really is an expert in alterations and wedding guidance, and knows how to deal with all the personalities (pushy moms, etc.) that come with wedding gown alterations/fittings. I enjoyed meeting with her and every fitting. She is highly skilled and professional and I would recommend her to any bride.

Giulianna · Married on 06/02/2012

A Stitch in Time, Anne Fiser, was recommended to me by another bridal store for gown alterations.

Now I wouldnt let just anyone touch my dress, but after learning of Anne services, I read up and researched about her and learned she was soo extensively trained this was such a easy decision!

I brought my gown to her boutique and she was able to alter my dress perfectly to fit my body like a glove! Moreover, her daughter, Olivia, creates custom pieces to compliment gowns and she was able to create a custom belt for me to complete the look! It was the perfect touch!

Anne did a terrific job on my gown and I will always be thankul!! Wonderful attention to details!!

Tracy · Married on 08/21/2011

I purchased my gown at Glamour Closet and contacted Anne at their suggestion. I couldn't have been happier. She was a pleasure to work with, and my dress fit like a dream. She was kind, responsive and flexible. Her pricing was very fair considering the amount and difficulty of the work. She also offered helpful advice on putting together my entire look. Highly recommended!

Lauren · Married on 05/31/2009

Anne was wonderful!
    She is a lovely lady, an expert in her field. Her office is located within Kirstie Kelly's boutique in Brentwood.
    I needed to have my dress taken out in the hips (it was a fitted style) and taken in at the bust. I got my dress from another bride who was much more narrow-hipped than I. (preownedweddingdresses.com) I thought I was there for a seamstress, but I got that and more! Anne helped with all aspects of my look! We discussed my shoes, my earrings, my hairstyle, undergarments, and even a little bit of moral support.

Bring change for the meter out front...or a credit card.
    Bring a checkbook for Anne...she doesn't take cards.

Rosemarie · Married on 08/02/2008

Anne was great! She made my dress ten times better than it original design. Her focus on details was amazing. Anne was also very professional, not just as a seamstress, but truly for the wedding gown perfection!

Lauren · Married on 05/27/2018

Olivia was a miracle worker, she made my ill-fitting sample dress purchase fit me like couture was meant to. My Ines Di Santo runway sample was sized for a statuesque model... I am 5'2" with more than sample size curves. Creative thinking and superior skill by Olivia made my dress look made for me. <3 Thank you so much.

A Stitch In Time Bridal Services 17

Sandy · Married on 06/06/2015

A Stitch in Time was recommended by my dress shop, and I definitely wanted a recommendation. It was quite a hike for me to get to this shop, but i will say it was worth it! Olivia was so personable and made all that awkward moments as comfortable as could be. She was also very accommodating with my schedule and understood the traffic I had to deal with so made sure to make my appointments when there would be the least amount of traffic. She added my beaded belt, bustled and fitted my dress to me like a glove. I just loved it. I have never felt so beautiful. Thank you!!!!

Brynne · Married on 04/04/2015

Olivia was an absolute doll and such an ease to work with. I was very glad I chose her to handle the alterations on my dress as she really made it quite beautiful and exactly to my liking. She was also incredibly helpful in helping me finalize my accessories with my somewhat difficult to define beading color and she helped create a bustier to make sure my dress fit perfectly. They were slightly on the more costly scale, but I know you get what you pay for and I got high end treatment and service.