A Sparkling Event Reviews

1 User photo

• Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/05/2019

Peace of Mind

I hired A Sparkling Event for wedding coordination services for my October wedding this year. I would have loved to hire Mandi for full wedding planning services; however, my budget was completely inflexible. Cautiously optimistic, I decided to plan my wedding with support from A Sparkling Event. Mandi and her wonderful team set me up with an online planning tool and a complete list of suggested vendors. Once I got the ball rolling, planning wasn’t as daunting as I thought it would be and knowing that I could reach out to Mandi and Emily anytime with questions or concerns put me at ease.
    About six weeks before my wedding, check ins with the team became more regular and eventually I turned everything I had planned over to A Sparkling Event. Mandi and her team confirmed with all my vendors, coordinated with the venue, created a day of timeline, and essentially offered any additional support that I needed to make sure we were ready for the big day (as ready as one can realistically be).
    At our rehearsal, Mandi made sure we felt confident about the schedule of events for the next day and even created a cheat sheet, so we knew where everybody needed to be and when. It was a total life saver for our large and distractible wedding party. On the day of our wedding, I felt incredibly calm knowing that, at that point, I had done everything I could, and the rest was in Mandi’s capable hands. Our wedding went off without a hitch, or if things did go wrong, I never knew about it, which is ultimately the best outcome you can ask for! Thank you, Mandi and Emily, – you two are the best!

Sent on 11/22/2019

Mary Lou Basham · Married on 11/10/2018

Rehearsal Dinner Planning for Mother of the Groom

Mandi managed the rehearsal dinner that we hosted for our son and his bride. Having a destination event, required that I have a local and experienced person working with me. Mandi was perfect, as she had insight into the bride's preferences, yet worked with me as the host. She managed the venue staff, the photographer, florist, and decorating details. I was able to ship supplies directly to her and she handled all the details. The winery garden dinner for 45 was flawless!

Most impressive was the personal service and quick replies during the planning and organizing.
    She's a kind and generous person who happens to be an amazing professional event planner!

Sent on 11/24/2018

Peter · Married on 08/18/2018

Can't recommend Mandi highly enough. We had a weekend wedding at Seascape, and she made sure everything went perfectly - the rehearsal dinner, the wedding and the Sunday brunch. Lots of moving parts and last-minute requests, and she handled it all perfectly. I'm a tough grader, and she gets an A+.

Sent on 08/30/2018

Jacquelyn · Married on 06/24/2018

Mandi is worth every penny!

Our October Carmel Valley wedding was perfect, in part due to Mandi and A Sparkling Events services. They helped tremendously throughout the planning process, working well with the vendors, my family, and me and my husband. She was intuitive and knowledgeable about the venue, location, and general runnings of a wedding. She thought of everything.

Day of - she handled everything! Not only that, but while we were taking pictures, she brought appetizers while we were taking pictures. The small touches like that show how thoughtful and overall good she is at her job. Things went off schedule, due to my husband and I taking longer than we expected talking to everyone during dinner, and she adjusted everything seamlessly! Thanks to Mandi, I was the least stressed bride!

Sent on 01/01/2019

MIchael · Married on 08/27/2017

Mandi Nack was our wedding planner for our recent wedding at The Lodge in Pebble Beach. My wife Janice and I have been working with Mandi for about 6 months and she is undoubtedly the best wedding planner on the planet! Mandi first of all is quite personable, friendly and professional. Mandi takes the time to get to know you as a couple and as people. We are not just clients to her. We were made to feel like family by Mandi and her highly professional team. Mandi took the time to understand our history, our desires for a destination wedding in Pebble Beach (Janice and I live in the Seattle, WA area) and what things we wanted in the wedding to make it a success for us. From the first time we met Mandi, we felt at ease with her and it is obvious that Mandi is only concerned with providing you with the best wedding experience you can have,
    Mandi is well known in the Monterey Peninsula and her network of vendors (Officients, Singers, Musicians, Venue Management, Caterers, Chefs, DJs, Decorators etc. is quite extensive. It is obvious that all the vendors think quite highly of Mandi and her connections allowed us to have the best vendors available for our special day. Mandi chose 6 possible venues in the Carmel, Carmel Valley and Pebble Beach areas for us to look at. But she wasn't pushy at all. She allowed us to savor each venue and determine for ourselves what kind of place we wanted to get married in. We eventually settled for the Lodge at Pebble Beach. But at each venue, her relationship with the venue management was quite apparent. Once we settled on the Lodge, Mandi and her team worked tirelessly for months on every conceivable detail. Mandi is always available for questions anytime of the day or night. At the day of the wedding, Mandi and her team are there, helping with every detail. Mandi is tireless in trying to give her clients the best wedding experience ever. Janice and I highly recommend Mandi and her team. As I said, they are family!

Sent on 09/06/2017
  • Z

Zoe · Married on 06/24/2017

Mandi and her team were AMAZING! I hired Mandi as a month of coordinator and she was helpful from the start. We spoke a few times before the big day and she answered the multitude of questions I had, as well as responding to emails along the way. I met with Mandi the day before my wedding and she was FABULOUS - not only did we go over ever little detail, but she offered to deliver my guest baskets for me AND helped to set up my rehearsal dinner (which I later discovered was a lifesaver because the restaurant had not set it up properly!). She ran my rehearsal with a 23-person wedding party like a pro and with a smile! On the wedding day, she took care of everything and I didn't have to worry about a thing. Doesn't hurt that she is a sweetheart, too. I would HIGHLY recommend her, best money I spent!!!

Sent on 08/08/2017

Brandi · Married on 06/03/2017

Mandi was AWESOME!!! I'm the MOB and she treated me like it was my wedding, ensuring I was "okay" the entire day. Mandi and her team provided excellent service and my daughter was all smiles and able to enjoy every moment of her day! Many thanks Mandi!!

Sent on 08/03/2017

Lauren · Married on 05/06/2017

Mandi at a sparkling event had already been More of a help than I thought! When we met I knew I wanted to work with her as she helped me tie my ideas together of what I wanted for my wedding. We still have many months to go but having her on my phone call list makes things much less stressful!

Now after my wedding day I can truly say things would not have gone as well or been as fun without the help of Mandi and her team. She kept things going and used her creativity to solve problems that began to happen due to weather and time constraints. Thank you for an amazing day!!

Sent on 09/27/2016

Hiring Emily at A Sparkling Event was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding in Carmel this past April. We could not have done it without her and her team! She is amazing! We live in Texas and she put us at ease planning a wedding from out-of-state. She was extremely organized, making our wedding day absolutely stress-free. We knew we were in good hands! She was so responsive during the months before our wedding, answering any questions we had and dealing with any issues that came up. She went above and beyond to make sure that our day was incredibly special! She even slipped away during the reception and somehow managed to decorate our getaway car. We can't say enough good things about her. She is such as pleasure to work with. We would highly recommend her and A Sparking Event for your wedding!

Sent on 05/24/2017

Leah · Married on 03/28/2017

Mandi - we love you! My new husband and I hired Mandi a year before our wedding. She was always responsive, energetic, informative and always smiling. We were married in Carmel this past March '17 and she stuck with us every step of the way as we figured out what we wanted and needed. Mandi was always patient but firm when she had suggestions she knew would only make our day better in ways we weren't aware of. We miss her now that we no longer get to see her regularly. If you are considering Mandi and A Sparkling Event look no further. You will be in capable, happy and sparkling hands with Mandi and you will have a flawless day.

Sent on 09/14/2017

MacKenzie · Married on 10/02/2016

There are many things that you will doubt in the months, weeks, and days leading up to your wedding. But I can confidently say that hiring Mandi Nack and her extraordinary team over at A Sparkling Event was not one of them. Mandi TRULY gave us the wedding of our dreams. She heard every wish, hope, and desire we expressed and saw to it personally that the things we held most sacred were honored and intact on our special day. She helped us find and hire impeccable vendors who were local to the area and on the day of the wedding she took care of EVERYTHING. We had a more beautiful, fun and love filled wedding than I ever could’ve imagined. Our family and friends (and strangers on the internet) are still raving about it; and I believe in my heart of hearts that none of this would have been possible without her. I HONESTLY cannot endorse her enough! So, from one (former) bride and groom to another, hire A Sparkling Event. You will not regret it.

Mandi – We can never thank you enough for all you did for us. We are so grateful for your creativity, perseverance and patience, and we wish you the absolute best in your career and life!

All our love, MacKenzie and Adam

Sent on 01/04/2017

Gregg · Married on 10/01/2016

There is no question that the best decision we made for our wedding was to hire "a Sparkling Event". Not only are they lovely people, but they're also sensational at what they do. Emily was a saving grace for my wife and I, keeping us on track and feeling stress-free. Not sure where we would've ended up had it not been for her!

I would gladly recommend Mandi and her A Sparkling Event team to any couple in search of a coordinator. This will be the best decision you can make. Top notch service, for a VERY reasonable price.

Sent on 10/07/2016
  • Devon

Devon · Married on 07/15/2016

Mandi is the embodiment of the ideal wedding planner. She is cheerful, accommodating, prompt, responsive, and very creative. She knows all the right vendors and she is a wonderful guide. Mandi helped me plan my wedding from overseas with about 20 people who flew in from Europe, and 30 locals. We had our wedding in Big Sur, where logistics are crazy, but she made sure everyone and everything was taken care of. Mandi has the effectiveness of a Type A personality, with the easy-going attitude of a Type B. She is like the bridal whisperer (!) because she made me feel so good and happy throughout the whole experience. She is a total professional who plans for every possibility. Besides, she has impeccable taste and her floral arrangements are incredible. My wedding was absolutely flawless and I know it's because I hired Mandi. Thank you, Mandi!

Sent on 09/02/2016

Alex · Married on 06/25/2016

I cannot say enough about Mandi and her wedding planning services. I had a destination wedding on 6/25/16 and Mandi helped alleviate any potential stressors to help our day go off without a hitch! She went above and beyond to spoil us and make sure everything was perfect. Mamdi is extremely professional, skilled, kind, and has a true passion for the work she does. I highly recommend any bride and groom to use her services!

Sent on 07/08/2016

Jeanne · Married on 06/18/2016

We are so grateful Mandi was there for our daughters wedding in Monterey on June 18, 2016. She helped organize our day and managed to be everywhere . From getting ready early, to the Carmel Mission, to the Monterey Plaza, from beginning to end, she was always one step ahead of us so we had no worries. The day was beautiful.
    We sincerely thank you Mandi, for an amazing day!!

Sent on 08/09/2016

Kristen · Married on 06/18/2016

After getting married this past summer, I can see why people get so stressed planning a wedding! It is such a huge event that only happens once, and for us, one of the best decisions was hiring Mandi as the wedding coordinator. She truly relieved so much stress because she had everything figured out down to the minute.

It was amazing to talk with her leading up to the day, but what really impressed my husband and I, was how present she was throughout the entire day of our wedding. She somehow coordinated all the tiny details and made us feel truly supported and even pampered! She drove me from my hotel to the church, transferred my luggage, had her assistant helping the groomsmen with boutonnieres, helped gather our family for pictures, gave us snacks right after the ceremony, had the waiters bring us appetizers and champagne when we got to the reception, snuck us over to the ballroom for a quick peek before everyone started piling in, and the entire night asked us if we needed anything at all. At one point, we were taking a some pictures outside and Jake needed a pick me up, Mandi offered to bring him an espresso which he was so thankful for and still talks about today! At the very end of the night, when everyone already left, she even brought up this huge flower arrangement to our hotel room.

Mandi goes above and beyond. Her energy is just amazing which is so important during this type of once in a lifetime experience (which can be a bit overwhelming at times). We were blown away by her thoughtfulness and just can't say enough about her : ) She was a huge part of why our wedding day was absolutely the best day of our lives!

Sent on 08/31/2016

Vanessa · Married on 04/23/2016

Mandi has a magical way to bring your wedding day vision to life. When my husband and I got engaged, we were looking to have a destination wedding. We knew we needed someone to work with who was knowledgable of the wedding industry and dependable. Our first call with Mandi, we immediately picked up on her professionalism and reliability. These were two things that were most important to us in addition to credibility, which Mandi was. With only six months to plan a destination wedding, she was ready to get to work and helped us adapt to any new or unexpected changes to our wedding plans. Mandi worked within our budget and kept things real with us. Having Mandi with us at venue, rental and floral appointments was extremely beneficial. She asked all the right questions we wouldn’t have known to ask at ourselves. The entire wedding process is already extremely overwhelming and it was a relief to know we had someone in our corner helping us out - someone who is familiar with the ropes. She gracefully conducted thorough research, priced out vendors and coordinated with all vendors for the day of. Having Mandi and her staff available on your big day is when you witness your ROI (return on investment). While you and the rest of the wedding party are getting ready for the day, she is at the ceremony/reception site making sure there are no hiccups and everything is running smoothly. It is inevitable that something WILL happen the day of your wedding - it happened to us. Mandi, our wedding coordinator, who was well versed with our vision and knew all the contract details because she had been involved since the first day of planning, quickly resolved a problem/miscommunication between what was contracted and what was delivered for our lighting set-up.This is something that could have easily been missed or ignored if we had worked with a “day of coordinator”, someone who wasn’t involved from the first day of planning (if the venue you select even offers one).

Sent on 09/19/2016

Britney · Married on 11/21/2015

Mandi was wonderful! She helped us plan a beautiful wedding in a very short amount of time. Followed by a very personal and romantic dinner. We were very pleased!

Sent on 02/24/2016

We hired Mandi to be our day of wedding coordinator and it was one of our best decisions! She was always open and available for any questions we may have had prior to wedding. Mandi is extremely professional and detailed oriented. Our wedding day ran so smooth I couldn't have imagined not having her! Thank you Mandi for all your hard work

Sent on 05/06/2016

Lisa · Married on 10/11/2015

Mandi was invaluable! We planned our wedding in 10 weeks & entirely from out of state. She helped us find & secure multiple vendors. We were pleased with each of their respective services. My hope was that when we arrived in Monterey, 2 days before our wedding, we could completely enjoy the moments & our guests. Mandi delivered on that & more. Our wedding was truly perfect & exceeded all expectations!
    Thank you Mandi, you've chosen a job that suits you so well

Sent on 11/16/2015

Roselie · Married on 10/10/2015

Mandi was fantastic! She was very professional, and has a friendly demeanor that makes the process painless (while also charming all of our wedding guests!). She was a life-saver and there's no way we could've pulled off the day without her. We enlisted the help of A Sparkling Event after realizing that we were way over our heads. We had selected venues (ceremony at The Mission and lunch reception at Carmel Valley Ranch), but only had 3 months to pull it together. Since I reside in SF (with a fiance abroad at the time, and arriving only a couple of months prior to the wedding), it was a challenge to plan and coordinate meetings in an efficient manner. Selecting local vendors that could work within our budget was also a daunting task, since we had to rely solely on information we could find on the internet. I found A Sparkling Event on a list of preferred vendors for Carmel Valley Ranch and Mandi took over from there. She helped coordinate and plan prior to the wedding day and was on site with an assistant the day of.

A few gems to note:
    - From my first consultation call, Mandi was friendly, informative and extremely reasonable in regards to fee.
    - Other than selecting the ceremony and reception venue (we secured them prior to contacting Mandi), Mandi found all the other vendors through her large network of local connections (folks I would've never found on my own!)
    - Mandi had extensive experience working with our venues.
    - Mandi understood my desired aesthetic and worked tirelessly to achieve them, all while being very sensitive to our budget restrictions. There were a few times that a very particular item that I wanted was not available due to vendor unavailability or budget restrictions. In other times, I had a concept, but no suggestion as to how to make it come to fruition. In all cases, Mandi always had design suggestions that worked with the budget.
    I recommend Mandi wholeheartedly!

Sent on 03/05/2016

Diana · Married on 09/26/2015

Mandi and her team at A Sparkling Event did were invaluable to our wedding! We hired Mandi as a Day-of-Coordinator, but her guidance and services went above and beyond. We met with her several times in the months prior to wedding to make sure that we were on track. When my husband and I were feeling overwhelmed in the final weeks before the wedding, we were calmed and comforted by her professionalism, positive attitude, and the knowledge that she and her team would do a great job!

Our venue did not include any services, so the Sparkling Event team was essential to setting up and making sure that everything went as planned. Amy and Andrew, the on-site coordinators for the day, transformed the empty room that our reception was held in, into a beautiful setting that we couldn’t even have imagined. Amy made sure that every detail was just right and that my husband and I were comfortable throughout the day. Andrew even took on the role of MC, when the person that we hired left early!

When we first started planning our wedding, my husband and I thought hiring a wedding coordinator may be too much of a strain on the budget, and we considered not hiring one. We were so wrong! Hiring A Sparkling Event was one of the smartest decisions that we made and I can’t imagine our wedding without their excellent services!

Sent on 10/07/2015

Stacey · Married on 09/26/2015

My mom found Mandi for our late September wedding at the Monterey Plaza after realizing that we were going to be over our heads with planning our whole wedding on our own. And I am extremely happy that she did. I honestly don't know what we would have done without Mandi. And I truly mean that. She went above and beyond our expectations helping us to find many of our vendors and setting up and attending multiple meetings. She was there every step of the way for ANY questions that I had. My mom found most of our decor for the wedding and Mandi stored almost all of it for us at her office so that we wouldn't be overwhelmed bringing it all down at once for the wedding.

Mandi really worked her butt off for us the days leading up to the wedding and on the wedding day. She had schedules printed to give out to our wedding party and families at the rehearsal and set up taxis/ubers from the Plaza to the rehearsal dinner site. She even drove some people herself! I didn't have to worry about a thing. Multiple people commented on how great she was. And the day of the wedding I trusted her to do everything necessary to get vendors there on time, the ceremony and rehearsal venues set up, and literally everything else that needed to be done. Allowing me to really relax and enjoy getting ready with my bridesmaids. I truly wasn't worried about something not getting done. If anything happened during the time we were getting ready I was none the wiser, which is exactly how it should be. The whole weekend was incredible. And to just top off the night, when my husband and I got back from the after party our hotel room was decorated with petals, candles, and some decor from the wedding. There were also two slices of our wedding cake, dessert from our dessert bar at the reception, chocolate covered strawberries, and champagne with a note from Mandi congratulating us. We were in awe. We will honestly miss our planning meetings with Mandi. Highly highly recommend her services!

Sent on 10/17/2015

Mandy is a lovely, even keeled, hardworking person. Having her help plan our event was invaluable. There is no way we could have done it with out her- she recommended trustworthy, quality vendors and smoothed out any issues. She has a great presence and is very organized. She kept up with our crazy indian wedding despite many snafus and delays- the Monterrey airport was practically shut down that weekend. My family and I really appreciated her service and would recommend her highly to anyone planning an event.

Sent on 09/22/2015

Shayla · Married on 08/08/2015

I never understood how invaluable a service wedding planning until I met Mandi at A Sparkling Event!

My husband and I got married August 8, 2015 on the Naval Base in Monterey with a lot of rules and extra details that Mandi took care of for us. Although we had booked the "big" vendors Mandi took over all the small details from there such as making sure she contacted all the vendors with timelines and where they needed to be since the Naval Base had strict rules on when vendors could arrive to set-up and take down.

She notified the photographers, hair and make-up what time they needed to be with me and my husband to get ready and take pictures as we had two photographers to make the day run more smoothly.

I saw her only a handful of times the day of the event, but was always close by, which was perfect because I knew she was running the show and taking the extra stress off of me and my families. My mom, dad, husband, groomsmen, and bridesmaids were all able to enjoy the morning of the wedding because A Sparkling Event was taking care of everything! Mandi brings along with her two assistants to aid in making your day extra special and to which I owe one my sincerest gratitude to!

It was about 15 minutes until show time did I or anyone notice that I had forgot my veil in the hotel room. One of Mandi's assistants jumped into action and drove back to our room to get it and was still able to make it back before the wedding started.

Mandi is super flexible, reliable, organized fun, and sweet! She made sure all of my questions and concerns were taken care of, organized and ran the rehearsal and ceremony, and ran the reception to keep everything on time! She stayed until the bitter end, helping my family and I take down the decorations, load the cars up with presents all with a huge smile on her face!

If you are planning an event in the Monterey area look NO further than Mandi and A Sparkling Event! Thank you Mandi, you made our day perfect! :)

Sent on 11/10/2015