A Simple Cake Reviews

A Simple Cake 2
A Simple Cake 3
A Simple Cake 4
A Simple Cake 5

Lauren was fantastic to deal with, very nice, efficient and helpful. Our cake was truly beautiful and delicious. I cannot recommend A Simple Cake highly enough. Thank you!!!!

Sent on 10/01/2013

We had a wonderful experience working with Lauren. She answered all of our questions thoroughly and was very helpful in making decisions about the flavor and design of our cake. But beyond all else, the cake was DELICIOUS. Our friends and family still can't stop talking about how good it was all these months later! We also really appreciated the clarity and ease of using their website. Having prices, flavors and decorations outlined upfront, plus the ability to order samples and the actual cake online was a tremendous plus -- if only the rest of the wedding industry would follow suit!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Clare · Married on 03/29/2013

We worked with Lauren at A Simple Cake, for our wedding cake and what a pleasure it was!

Lauren herself is lovely, talented and extremely professional. Nothing was a problem working with her. Emails and phone calls promptly responded to, tasting a breeze, and day-of delivery a non-issue!

We had a three tier buttercream, golden yellow cake, with tri-berry filling and it was delicious. They have their own buttercream recipe and it definitely tastes that way without the weird grainy, sugary or oily feeling that you get from so many weddings cakes.

We didn't want to spend a small fortune on the cake, but obviously wanted something delicious and pretty and A Simple Cake fit the bill perfectly. They had such wonderful designs to choose from and we settled on the Ruffles, which is one of their new designs and so divine! There are a few pictures of it on our wedding photographers blog here http://www.michellelange.com/blog/2013/04/01/wed-clare-john-new-leaf-restaurant-fort-tryon-park/

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to any of my friends not only for a wedding but for any special occasion!

Sent on 04/01/2013

My husband and I found A Simple Cake because it came with our reception package. This was perfect because we wanted a simple, white cake and probably would have found A Simple Cake had they not been recommended by our reception site.
    We had our tasting and tried a number of different cakes and filings, as well as the fondant. Everything tasted amazing and we wound up picking an all chocolate cake. Picking the exterior design was also difficult because there were so many pretty options. When we finally made our choices, submitting them on the website was very easy and user-friendly.
    Lauren was a wealth of information during our tasting, and followed up promptly when she said she would. When the big day came, our cake looked beautiful and tasted even better than I remembered. It was a pleasure working with A Simple Cake and the results were delicious!

Sent on 12/02/2012
  • F

Frances · Married on 10/13/2012

Lauren from A Simple Cake worked with us to create an amazing cake - chocolate chip with milk chocolate mousse filling full of brownie bits. Everyone raved about cake at our wedding. Her red velvet and even yellow cake tastes amazing!

The design was elegant and we added ribbon and diamonds to it.

Sent on 10/21/2012

Sachi · Married on 10/12/2012

After doing a lot of research on cake comapnies we decided to go ahead with a simple cake. The great thing about these guys is that you can order your wedding cake samples to go and we made a party out of it with friends. We decided to go with a four tier cake with two seperate flavors. Everyone at our wedding absolutely LOVED the cake. I'm really sad that Hurricane Sandy ruined out top tier which was saved - but we will be placing another order with these guys instead to replace it. They are amazing. Cakes are fluffly and too delicious for words. You will not be disappointed.

Sent on 11/06/2012

Crystal · Married on 08/11/2012

I love Lauren! She's so nice and lovable! My wedding cake was perfect. She did exactly what I imagine it to be. I highly recommend "A Simple Cake" for any event!

Sent on 09/19/2012

Elicia · Married on 06/02/2012

Lauren at A Simple Cake was an absolute joy to work with. She was so relaxed, on-the-ball, and helpful. I brought a couple of friends to my cake tasting and we had a blast trying different cake flavors. After that, I just went on her super-easy website and mixed & matched until I had created my dream wedding cake. How easy is that?

My aunt who owns a bakery was at the wedding and raved about my lemon with coconut filling cake. It was delicious!! So much that my husband and I couldn't bear to freeze the top tier the next day, we had it for lunch. PERFECTION.

Sent on 06/06/2012

Jill · Married on 03/22/2014

A Simple Cake was great to work with and the cakes are delicious! Our wedding cake looked exactly like the one we'd picked out on the site and was budget friendly vs many of the other wedding cake bakeries in NYC!

Sent on 03/31/2014

I loved being able to peruse the cake designs and choose one through their website. It's really as simple as it gets. The cake was beautiful and delicious.

Sent on 09/30/2012

Renee · Married on 11/12/2011

A Simple Cake is an absolute miracle - a wedding cake that you can plan out online, with clear cost-per-slice disclosure and an amazing collection of styles and flavors. It's owned by Gale Watson, whose reviews speak for themselves. The beauty of A Simple Cake is that you can mix-and-match accents and styles that all fit together, so you're guaranteed something elegant and classy. As a long-distance bride, it was incredibly helpful. We can't wait to eat the top tier at our anniversary!

Sent on 04/17/2012

They have great cakes for very reasonable prices given the quality. They were accommodating to my requests and they have a big range of frostings and cake flavors.

Sent on 12/19/2014
  • Andriana

Andriana · Married on 05/16/2015

Most weddings I have been to the cake is very pretty but it doesn't taste good or just so so looking..This place literally takes the cake! The cake was STUNNING to look at and was the most delicious cake I have ever had. Lauren is wonderful to work with and does outstanding work! I would recommend her to anyone that wants to have a beautiful cake that tastes incredible!!

Sent on 05/21/2015

For anyone who is planning a New York City wedding, I'm sure you've found that it's almost impossible to find an affordable wedding cake. A Simple Cake provides both affordable and delicious cakes. Most of their business is conducted online, however you can meet with them and do a cake tasting upon request. I would definitely recommend doing a tasting. Speaking with somebody in person definitely put me at ease, and who doesn't love cake? The reason that I did not give the company 5 stars is because my cake didn't look exactly how we had discussed. It was still gorgeous, but the design was slightly varied. I recommend confirming the details of your design.

Sent on 08/05/2014
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 07/20/2013

Lauren was amazing! She was so friendly, so easy to work with, so nice! We had no issues with our cake, and we did a lot of tastings and this was hands-down the best. Even the fondant is incredible! We couldn't be happier!

Sent on 09/13/2013

Esmeralda · Married on 07/18/2018

A Simple Cake was awesome to work with! They answered all my emails and questions promptly. I sent them pictures of what I wanted and they made my cake look exactly like in the pictures. It was such a beautiful cake! In regards to the taste; I must be honest, it was a bit on the dry side. I was expecting the cake to taste fresher. Even some of my guest mentioned that it tasted a day old. Other than that, the flavor itself was delicious! I loved the combination of lemon, raspberry jam and buttercream. They even accommodated us and gave us the leftover fruits from the cake. I would highly recommend them to anyone who wants a simple, small cake for an intimate wedding.

Sent on 07/31/2018

JJ · Married on 09/03/2016

3.0

Lauren has a true talent for design--she just knows what she's doing! All my guests LOVED the cake, both in design and flavor. We decided to do a sugar drape design with a lemon scented cake that had white chocolate mousse and tri-berry compote. The guests were raving about the cake so much that they kept asking if we had leftovers. Since the cake's price was reasonable, we actually got a cake that was allotted for more guests than we had. So yes, we have a lot of leftovers and I happily enjoyed the leftovers with my family and friends.

Sent on 09/14/2016

Our experience with Lauren and A Simple Cake was great. Our wedding cake was not only beautiful, but totally delicious. Almost every single piece was eaten well before the end of the reception (and we ordered plenty!). We had a cake tasting session a couple of months before the wedding and it was so much fun. Lauren made this part of the wedding planning process easy. We would definitely recommend A Simple Cake to any one looking for a perfect wedding cake.

Sent on 07/14/2014

Lisa · Married on 09/22/2012

3.0

Extremely professional service. Great website that enables easy ordering. Great value if you don't want something personalized. Cake tasted and looked amazing.

The stars for flexibility is because that is not their area of specialty. They have set options to select from and that's what keeps the price extremely reasonable

Sent on 09/24/2012