A Signature Wedding Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

51 A Signature Wedding Reviews
  • Lisa

Lisa · Married on 08/04/2018

Hire her now; thank me later :)

We learned about Monique Atwell of A Signature Wedding when we were touring venues. She was described to us as "the most organized wedding planner" they had worked with, which immediately piqued my interest. As such, we reached out to her and immediately felt a connection both because she is super kind and funny, but also because of her adherence to checklists, timelines, and spreadsheets. She was an enormous asset during the planning phase in that she suggested a list of vendors that she knew and trusted, had us review their work, then presented us with different options. Every single one of the vendors that she recommended was off-the-charts fantastic. Fast-forward to the day of the wedding: everyone is full of nervous energy, but Monique was instrumental in keeping everyone on time and on task. This allowed me not to even think about logistics or timing, and I actually got to have fun. And everything was perfect-- Monique and her team really outdid themselves. They even managed to have some special wine brought to our sweetheart table so we wouldn't forget to taste it! All in all, it was truly a wonderful experience, and I cannot imagine working with anyone better.

Adam A · Married on 07/14/2018

Monique is the Best!

We were referred to Monique Atwell of A Signature Wedding by some friends who used her as a wedding planner a few years back and we could not have been more thrilled with her work. She went above and beyond our wildest expectations and created a perfect experience. It started with her first power point presentation to us and ended well after our wedding was over tying up all of the loose ends. Her attention to detail, deep list of vendor resources, kind/calm demeanor, creativity, and enthusiasm for our event made our wedding night at Calamigos Ranch in Malibu an evening to remember by everyone who attended. Countless guests of ours told us it was the best wedding they had ever been to thanks to Monique's planning. She seamlessly coordinated all aspects of our complex and unique bohemian chic vision including, flowers, lighting, venue, food, photography, videography, cake, band, furniture, transportation, among many other aspects. Monique and her team even stayed way after the wedding was over to pack up everything in our car for us so our precious mementos were ready for us the next day. She was always available in person or on the phone before, during and after our wedding for any issues that arose and always seemed liked she was having so much fun working with us. We will always refer any of our friends to Monique who are looking for a planner and will definitely use her for any party planning in the future.

Nicole · Married on 05/05/2018

My wedding was May 2018 at Terranea resort. When I first started calling around to wedding planners I Immediately felt comfortable and safe when talking with Monique. Throughout the whole process we just grew closer and closer together and she continued to amaze me with her professionalism and organization. Monique went above and beyond she spent countless hours with me and made the whole process leading up to the wedding go so smoothly. The day of the wedding was magical thanks to Monique and her crew, I felt like a princess with a whole team dedicated to me. She literally gave me a seamless wedding I’m so grateful that I chose A Signature Wedding to help me through this process. She also has great vendors that saved me a lot of money throughout the whole wedding. Wheather are you have hundreds of thousands to spend on your dream wedding or you are on an extremely tight budget Monique is going to give you your fairytail wedding!

Sonia · Married on 04/07/2018

My husband, family, and I all agree that working with Monique to plan our wedding was the best decision we made throughout this whole process! I don't know what we would have done without her! Monique is extremely organized, meticulous, creative, and the consummate professional. I was so stressed at the beginning of wedding planning - I felt overwhelmed by the sheer task of it and did not have a clear vision of how I wanted our wedding to look like. Monique's calm demeanor and attention to detail helped us stay on track and create the wedding of our dreams! No question or problem was too big for her - she always quickly responded with multiple options and creative solutions. Monique left no stone unturned and thought of everything.

Finally, not only did we love working with her but we loved her assistants as well (shoutout to Lisa!). Monique brought 3 assistants with her for our wedding day, and they were all amazing. In particular, her assistant Lisa really went the extra mile for us - she made sure that we always had food and drinks, fixed my hair and veil countless times, gave me her jacket when I was cold from taking photos outside, and constantly checked in with our families.

We highly recommend Monique to anyone looking for a wedding planner! This will seriously be the best money that you spend on your wedding. Having a planner like Monique by your side will save you so much time, stress, and money! On top of that, she is super friendly and nice!

• Alycia

Alycia Morris-Jones · Married on 04/06/2018

Monique and A Signature Wedding are the best!!

Monique and her team are phenomenal!! We contracted A Signature Wedding only two months before our wedding and it seemed like we had known her longer than that by the time the wedding arrived. From the beginning, Monique was personable, warm, engaging, knowledgeable, fun, organized, detail-oriented and any other positive adjective that you’d want and expect a professional to have. We immediately felt as if a weight was lifted off of our shoulders and knew that everything would be handled impeccably. Prior to that, I was stressing about where we would find certain vendors but Monique gave us some great recommendations (who all went above and beyond for us) and was a great go-between with keeping all of us on track with deadlines and maintaining our wedding vision. For example, I wanted purple artichokes in my bridesmaids’ bouquets and certain centerpieces that incorporated a particular lampshade, so she found a wonderful florist who not only could provide the artichokes but who actually handmade the lampshade to stay within the vision! Monique took all of my ideas in stride and just made it happen, even answering emails late into the night! The day of my wedding, she and her team (four of them altogether) made my day so smooth and seamless that I was even calm enough to take a nap a few hours before the wedding with no worries that anything would go wrong (and even if it had, I didn’t know as she handled everything perfectly). They really took the most phenomenal care of us and all with a smile and laugh and a few hugs thrown in for good measure. All in all, Monique made our day so very spectacular and special that our guests (and even the venue) still talk about how beautiful our wedding was put together. If you want a wedding planner who goes above and beyond for you and handles everything with poise, charm and grace, then please hire Monique pronto! She is the best of the best!

A Signature Wedding  1
    A Signature Wedding  2

Scott · Married on 03/10/2018

Monique was absolutely fabulous to work with in making our dream wedding come true. From the beginning to the end, she never disappointed. She took our vision and put it into reality. Her attention to detail and keeping us on a timeline made planning our wedding as painless as possible. She was very attentive to our thoughts and ideas and referred us to the very best vendors which we were extremely pleased. I have no reservations recommending Monique to anyone who wants a great wedding planner.

amanda · Married on 02/03/2018

I was blown away by Monique throughout the planning process. She was responsive, creative, and organized! She was there every step of the way with helpful ideas and much needed reminders. On the big day, she and her team made everything run so smoothly that I barely needed to think about anything except having the best day ever. Monique and her team made it so easy and so fun.

Rah · Married on 10/28/2017

Monique and her team was one of the best decisions we made during our wedding planning. She impressed us from the very first meeting to the very last minute of our wedding day. She is incredibly organized, easy to reach, worked very with all of our vendors, and was consistently on top of things. She did all of these things for a very fair and reasonable price. I had alot of friends and family tell us how incredibly smooth our wedding was; which was no easy task as it was several hundred people & multi-cultural. Monique & her team handled it with awesome poise. I plan to recommend her to all my family & friends looking for an exceptional & well priced coordinator.

Jenna · Married on 07/15/2017

Words cannot describe how incredible Monique is as a wedding planner, but I will try my very best. From our first meeting, she came prepared - asking questions about my vision, as well as my relationship with my now husband. I needed someone who could help me plan my dream wedding in LA while I was working in Northern California and she made that happen. What makes her so special is that she makes you believe and feel as though you are the only bride she is working with, giving you all the attention, advice and help that you need. She helped make every detail at my wedding perfect for me by understanding what I was looking for and executing that vision flawlessly. She also keeps you informed on everything, which was great for me since I wasn't local. Whenever I flew down for the weekend, she would make sure that all the necessary vendor visits were scheduled and ready for us. I would trust Monique with any event I was planning and I will use her again 100%.

Lisa · Married on 07/09/2017

Our decision to hire a planner was not taken lightly. I took one look at the website for A Signature Wedding and knew this was the company that could help us turn our vision into our perfect wedding day. When my fiance and I sat down with Monique for our initial consultation, we were so impressed that we hired her company on the spot. It was the best decision we could have made and set the tone for how amazing our wedding planning experiece would be. Every unique and special detail we asked for was carried out with precision. Monique kept us on track with our deadlines and budgets and allowed us to experience the best parts of wedding planning. Monique took away the stress by using her considerable contacts, experience and expertise. She connected us with other vendors who were easy to work with and matched our "wedding personality."
    Everthing was so well prepared that our wedding day went off without a hitch. It doesn't get much better than that!

MELISSA · Married on 07/08/2017

Monique's attention to detail and delivery from everything to keeping us on our timeline, arranging all the vendors to coordinate flawlessly and her immaculate taste made our night absolutely perfect!

Jackie · Married on 06/25/2017

We hired Monique as our wedding planner and she was AMAZING! From our first meeting to day of, she was professional, organized, responsive, patient, and above all, helped bring our vision to life. She made an overwhelming process a seamless one. Monique took the time to get to know us and our ideas, and helped bring it all together. Monique has a calm demeanor and a special talent and she went above and beyond. Our wedding was even more beautiful than we imagined it could be, thanks to Monique and her team. I will never forget my wedding day and how integral she was in planning it. She truly is wonderful to work with and I would highly recommend her!

Jennifer · Married on 06/10/2017

Hiring Monique was the best money I spent on the entire wedding! I hired her for the month-of coordination package, but she did so much more beyond the month-of. We had our initial meeting with her about 8-10 months out! At first I thought I could do everything myself, but there are so many details and so much coordination amongst the vendors that I would have had no clue how to handle, or that it would even need to be done. The day-of you are so busy with hair and makeup and then photos, who else is going to handle all of the vendors and last minute items? Monique! Nothing went wrong (at least that I could see or know about) the day-of, everything was perfect. She created an extremely detailed timeline for us and thought of everything that I would have never thought of. Best of all, she is super super responsive, I can't think of a single email that was unanswered beyond 24 hours. She showed up to every meeting, phone call, rehearsal, exactly on time. Monique is so nice too, I'm sad the experience is over with her! If you are having a medium or larger size wedding, I highly recommend hiring a coordinator beyond the venue catering manager (who was only there for a third of the time Monique was there the day-of). You absolutely need someone like Monique who is on time and on the mark to take care of every detail on your wedding day so you can enjoy as much of it as you can!

Clarice · Married on 09/04/2016

We just got married 3 weeks ago and Monique helped make our wedding the best day ever! She took care of everything the day of, our wedding flowed so well and we were able to just have so much fun! During the planning process she was always on top of it and would get back to us with recommendations or whatever we'd ask for. She also helped coordinate and communicate with all our vendors impeccably well for our day. She helped with timelines, checklists, but best of all, she cared and has a great personality and was so pleasant to get along with and get to know throughout the process, so much so that we are going to miss talking to her regularly and plan on keeping in touch! We'd both highly recommend Monique to anyone and everyone!

Matt · Married on 08/20/2016

Monique was absolutely amazing for us and we don't know what we would have done without her! We went with a full service package and she was essential to every part of the planning process, from picking the venue, budgeting, reading contracts, choosing vendors, invitations, etc. All of the vendors she recommended did a fantastic job also. Monique and her team are extremely organized and she kept us on track every step of the way, letting us know what needed to be accomplished each month. She also makes sure that your vision for your wedding day remains front and center, and that each decision ties into that vision. She will offer input and advice that always falls in line with whatever your overall vision for the wedding is. Furthermore, she always would keep our budget in mind and help us stay within it. While we were already thrilled with Monique before the wedding day, she and her team were truly fantastic on the day of. They take care of everything and every aspect of the day flows seamlessly so you can just enjoy the your wedding to its fullest without worry. We are so thankful to Monique and her team for playing such an instrumental role in what was the best day of our lives!

Jeanette · Married on 08/12/2016

I interviewed six other wedding planners and was impressed immediately with Monique Atwell. I could not be more pleased with how she took care of so many small details for our family. Many of my guests commented during the wedding about how impressed they were with the team from A Signature Wedding. Monique is poised, professional, sweet, ORGANIZED, and very helpful. She was very responsive to the most inane question and kept me (Mother of the Bride) stress free and able to have FUN during this whole process and especially the day of the wedding. Thank you Monique. I'll be in touch when daughter #2 gets engaged.

Gracie · Married on 07/24/2016

I don't even know where to begin or to thank Monique for making our wedding perfect. It was incredible having her around coz she allowed us to really enjoy each moment without worrying about anything. She had every detail taken care off, very organized and have her keep my other vedors even more organized. We were so lucky to have such flexible and very professional wedding planner like Monique. I am so honored to have worked with her. Literally, could not have done this without her assistance and support. And her two awesome assistants did such a wonderful job and made us feel very special. We can't express enough on how much we appreciate her hard work and effort in making our wedding dreams into a reality. I highly recommend her to all of my friends,family. I wish Monique a continued success at " A SIGNATURE WEDDING" - Gracie Dykstra

Jennifer · Married on 07/22/2016

Monique was an absolute pleasure to work with! We knew we needed help pretty early on, so we went with the full service package and it was worth every penny. We had a good idea of the venue we wanted and a rough budget in mind, but Monique helped us keep to that. She consulted with us multiple times throughout the planning process and always brought fantastic input to the table.

Monique has a deep bench of trusted vendors which was helpful, reading reviews on sites is good, but knowing that our planner has worked with them in the past was a vote of confidence that helped ease any further stress when it came to picking out our vendors.

Additionally, when it came time to sign and negotiate contracts she knew exactly what to watch for, and where corners should and should not be cut. We feel that in this stage of the process she saved us at least as much money as she cost.

When it came to the day-of, we didn’t have to worry about a thing. The team at A Signature Wedding were incredibly well orchestrated. Our venue was large and confusing (Frank Gehry buildings tend to be), but the team knew it inside and out and was placed in all the right places at all the right times. At no point during the day of the wedding did we have any stress about who, what, when, where, how, or why. Thank you so much for making our wedding day so memorable!

• I

Irene · Married on 02/04/2016

Monique and A Signature Wedding are ESSENTIAL for your wedding planning and wedding day! I hired Monique for assistance in planning and day of coordination. The planning process was so easy and stress-free because Monique has great ideas and has amazing tools to help any bride from "what to do in which month" to which colors look good with what. Monique is so sweet and I can't say enough about her. She goes above and beyond! On the day of the wedding, Monique and her 2 assistants ran everything so smoothly. My husband and I did not have to worry about ANYTHING...Monique and her team were so professional and was prepared for any situation on the wedding day. I have to say that our wedding day was PERFECT because of A Signature Wedding.

When I initially spoke with Monique, she immediately demonstrated her know how and provided guidance to me, despite the fact that it was just a consultation. I could tell that she was a businesswoman, yes, but more so that she was incredibly passionate about what she does, and takes great pride in making every bride feel like her number one priority. The remaining eight months since I booked Monique until my wedding day, that is exactly how I felt. Her “month of” package is really a misnomer—she worked steadily with me for three quarters of a year to make sure that every decision was made in a timely fashion, to my satisfaction, with precision. Even when we had a lull in decision making deadlines, she checked in to keep me on track, and updated me religiously with helpful checklists and spreadsheets so I felt in control of the process. When I had to choose vendors like chair rentals, florals, or bands, Monique didn’t just “phone it in” and send me to her #1 contact. Instead she researched various options based on my budget and tastes, and provided me with comprehensive bids from companies. I never lifted a finger (or the phone), because Monique had everything handled and then handed to me for my simple approval! For instance, when I discovered that the ‘preferred florists’ on my hotel site’s vendor list were double my flower budget, Monique hooked me up with an amazing florist and secured me a personal discount so that I could get the flowers of my dreams for half of what comparable companies were quoting! Monique is extremely organized and professional. You can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that ‘she’s on top of it’. In addition, she’s incredibly kind and generous. She goes above and beyond, which is a sign of hard work, but she also anticipates your needs, which is a sign of talent. There aren’t enough words to express how happy I am with Monique’s service—I truly LUCKED OUT in finding someone that made my wedding preparations, and day, easy and fun!

Lisa · Married on 07/11/2015

Monique Atwell and her team provided excellent planning services for my Husband and I. Her attention to detail and dedication made the whole experience from start to finish smooth and everything turned out better than we could have possibility imagined. We absolutely couldn't have been done without A Signature Wedding and I would recommend their services to anyone.

Leyla · Married on 11/01/2014

When I was getting married, I was told a million times by so many people that some part of my wedding was guaranteed to go wrong, so not to worry. However, thanks to Monique at A Signature Wedding, I can say with confidence that not a single thing went wrong. My wedding was exactly how I had envisioned it my whole life. On top of that, Monique worked with me to plan my wedding while I was half way across the country from my venue. She truly is a professional, and I would more than highly recommend A Signature Wedding. There is not a single thing that I would have changed about my wedding, and I can 100% thank Monique for that!!

diane · Married on 11/01/2014

My oldest daughter got married in 2010 and we really didn't know how much help a wedding planner would be but a friend recommended Monique and we used her as a day of planner. She was such a help and so easy to work with that when my second daughter decided to get married Monique was the very first person i called!!

The decision to use Monique from start to finish was the best decision I have ever made.She has great vendors,great personal taste,great advice and just a wealth of knowledge about wedding planning. She even did this wedding with my daughter living out of state and only able to come home three times during the planning. She would meet at my house and face time with my daughter and her fiancé. She was able to capture the exact type of wedding that my daughter was dreaming of! She also kept me in a budget without sacrificing taste or style.My daughter and I always felt confident to ask her opinion when we couldn't decide on things!
    I could go on and on about her and how stress free this wedding was with her at the helm.I have never used another wedding planner but I have friends with horror stories and people are still talking about how beautiful both weddings were and I never had one stressful situation! And I was also able to just relax and enjoy each wedding the day of as she just takes control and keeps everything going.She thinks of everything!!!!

• User3992097 · 2+ years ago

A signature wedding was AMAZING!!! My planner Monique Atwell planned my wedding in three months and did an amazing job. It was everything and more that my husband and I could of asked for. She was very professional, very reliable , and placed value on making sure we were happy and getting everything we wanted . We loved how she strived to build a personal relationship with us. She is not only a great planner, but now is a great friend. I would recommend her and her staff to anyone with no hesitations.

Edward · Married on 06/28/2014

We are so lucky that we found Monique Atwell and that she helped us with our wedding. We hired her for month-of services, but Monique was on the case from the day that we signed the contract almost nine months before the wedding. She was extremely responsive and available. She always was willing to answer any questions that we had and point us in the right direction. On the day of the wedding she and her staff were at our venue from 1 o'clock in the afternoon until 2 o'clock the next morning! She went above and beyond to take care of us every step of the way. She always made us feel that we were her only client. All of our vendors commented on how organized and on top of all the details that she was. We hired Monique because we did not want to have to worry on our wedding day. She delivered and made our wedding day a wonderful day for us!