A. Renee Weddings & Events Reviews

29 | Seattle, WA

29 Reviews for A. Renee Weddings & Events

• Taryn

Taryn · Married on 10/25/2020

Incredible planner even during these difficult times

Not sure there’s much more we can add to what the glowing reviews here have already said about Amber. She is a consummate professional, with a wealth of experience and strong reputation in the industry here in WA. She is patient and genuinely cares about her clients—who they are and what’s important to them—and goes above and beyond to ensure her couples have the wedding of their dreams, even if this means planning and re-planning a wedding multiple times over due to the impact of COVID-19 for a couple living on the opposite side of the country.

We hired Amber around the middle of 2019 to provide Partial Planning & Design services for our May 2020 wedding. Not long after hiring her, Amber got to work helping us with vendor-booking. For nearly every type of vendor—from caterer to photographer (and even things like stationery or wedding website platform)—she would provide ~3 initial recommendations based on our wedding vision and vendor availability (which she would have already confirmed). In every case, we ended up going with one of her initial picks because they’d always be spot-on. As a result, we were able to assemble our wedding vendor dream team, who were all absolutely fantastic to work with. Because my (then) fiance and I were in NYC, most of our planning was done through email, but when we came to WA for the holidays, Amber was gracious enough to book multiple meetings with us to work out a huge chunk of the planning details in-person. By the beginning of 2020, we were feeling like our wedding vision was coming to life. Needless to say, COVID-19 really upended that.

While my fiance and I spent the last couple weeks of March and into April contemplating the difficult decision to postpone our wedding, Amber was already getting in touch with our venue and vendors about our options. When we did decide to postpone our wedding to October, she was incredibly supportive of us and immediately started working with our vendors to put the updated contracts together. With every shift in the guidelines & restrictions coming down from the governor, Amber was on top of it, helping us find the best solution under the latest circumstances and giving so much of her time and emotional support to us in the process.

To conclude, our wedding day wasn’t quite what we had envisioned at the start of the year, but it could not have turned out more perfect, and we credit so much of that to Amber. We felt at ease the entire day and we had so much time to just enjoy ourselves and take in the occasion—including the gorgeous designs that Amber had a hand in planning. My husband and I are so grateful to have had the chance to work with Amber; she was there with us through it all and, quite simply, the best purchase decision we could’ve made for our wedding.

Sent on 11/22/2020

Cynthia T. · Married on 06/13/2020

Amazing Planner

I cannot thank Amber enough for helping us with our Covid Wedding! We had originally booked Amber as our planner back in Feb 2019 for our June 2020 wedding. Unfortunately, covid hit and we had to replan our perfect day, but Amber made plan A, plan B, and we finally settled on plan C. She was attentive to our wants and needs, planned a GORGEOUS design, had amazing recommendations and executed our plan C wedding like it was our original plan. If it were not for Amber my husband and I would have given up on a wedding... Amber was our shoulder to lean on with all of our worries especially with restrictions and she handled it so gracefully that when I was done talking with her I felt so much ease going onto our next step in the planning process. Do yourself a favor and hire A.Renee weddings & events for your special day!

Sent on 11/11/2020
  • Sarah

Sarah M. · Married on 07/13/2019

Don't think about it anymore. Just hire A.Renee.

We hired A.Renee Weddings for final coordination and it was seriously the best money we spent. The majority of our guests traveled in from out of town for our wedding and
    Amber of A.Renee allowed us to focus on our family and what we needed rather than the small details of the wedding. She made awesome suggestions for us that I would have never thought of while also providing awesome recommendations for other vendors we hadn't hired yet. The day went off flawlessly and I had multiple guests tell me it was the most enjoyable and smoothest wedding they had ever been to! Don't think a second more, seriously just book A.Renee.

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Rebecca

Rebecca C. · Married on 06/29/2019

My Dream Wedding (thanks to Amber!)

I am truly not even sure where to begin! I feel so incredibly lucky to have hired Amber as my wedding planner. She truly has an eye for design. Amber presented me with various vendors, and I was able to choose which ones I wanted after interviewing them. I ended up with the greatest vendor team ever! I wouldn’t have been able to do this without her help. Throughout the process, I had quite a few requests and questions. Amber was quick to reply and work with me (and my family) on all of these things. She is incredibly professional and truly puts 100% into any wedding she does. I so appreciated her communication in the months, weeks, days, and hours leading up to the wedding. Additionally, throughout the wedding planning process, Amber was a shoulder for me to lean on when I had to deal with difficult situations. Any stress I had was rarely long-lived because of her help. I was so incredibly happy with how my day went, and I owe so much of that to Amber!

Sent on 07/22/2019
  • Katie

Katie M. · Married on 03/30/2019

Could not recommend any higher!

We were so lucky to come across Amber! We had some good friends getting married who had recently hired Amber as their day of coordinator. After an introductory meeting with Amber, seeing our friend's beyond beautiful wedding, and the rave reviews from the recently married couple, it was an easy decision to hire Amber. We were completely clueless on how to plan a wedding so we committed to the Partial Planning and Design contract and worked with Amber and her team for a little over a year. From start to finish Amber was always professional, personable, and organized. She had great recommendations that helped us create an all-star vendor team for our Seattle wedding. She was also very transparent and respectful of our budget, which was something my husband and I really valued. On the day of the wedding she was calm and completely on top of it, which really showed just how experienced she is. The whole day went flawlessly! Our families, wedding party, and me and my husband were all able to just enjoy the day which was incredibly valuable. We honestly can't recommend Amber any higher! If you are looking for a pro to help you take the stress out of your special day, meet with Amber!

Sent on 12/26/2019

A Kray · Married on 09/22/2018

Professional, on-time, knowledgable!!

Amber is an amazing wedding planner who doesn't miss a beat! From the moment we met I was impressed with her professionalism and kindness. She is super organized, and extrememly knowledgable about the industry. She also can adjust her packages to fit your specific needs. Throughout the planning process as I spoke with our vendors, it was clear she has a wonderful reputation in the industry. I HIGHLY recommend Amber- the planning process and day of would have been so stressful without her.

Sent on 12/21/2018
  • Meredith

Meredith · Married on 08/25/2018

Flawlessly brought our wedding vision to life!

Amber was our rock throughout our wedding planning process. We worked with her for about the 6 months leading up to our wedding -- she helped to bring to life the design vision we had for our wedding, and then executed that vision flawlessly. Amber's knowledge of the Seattle-area wedding industry is extensive, and she helped pinpoint picture-perfect vendors for us, from florals to cake. On the day-of the wedding she was calm and collected, and allowed us to really be hands-off and truly enjoy the best day ever!

Amber expertly navigated the dynamics of varying opinions, vendor contracts, unforeseen obstacles, and the stresses that come along with planning a wedding, and kept my husband and I as sane as possible throughout the process.

We can't recommend Amber enough for couples who want a reliable, well-organized, and extremely talented planner to work with -- and we are happy to call her a friend!

Sent on 10/28/2018
  • Moriah

Moriah · Married on 07/21/2018

We talked with a few other wedding planners before meeting Amber, and, much like our first date, we knew pretty immediately and unequivocally that she was the one. There is no way we can truly express how helpful, meticulous, thorough, and thoughtful she was throughout the entire planning process. There were also so many little details that we would have completely overlooked had it not been for Amber. She has immense knowledge, experience, and expertise, and also has connections to some of the very best vendors around. She helped us assemble a team of people who were not only incredibly competent and skilled at their respective trades, but who, like Amber, are genuinely kind-hearted, wonderful people. Amber has a true talent for what she does, and she does it with so much kindness, grace, and professionalism. She listened attentively to our very loose wedding vision, and turned it into the most beautiful celebration we’d ever seen. We’d begun the search for a venue before we met Amber, with no luck, and one of the first recommendations Amber had—Fireseed Catering—ended up being the venue of our dreams! We got endless compliments from family and friends about the beauty of our day, and attribute so many of those sentiments to the way Amber helped our vision come together, and the care she took to ensure we didn’t have to think about anything other than each other on that day.

Since we have a lot more good things to say about Amber--so many that we managed to exceed the character limit--please click the link to our Yelp review below to see the rest of our review!

Sent on 09/28/2018
  • Alisa

Alisa · Married on 07/21/2018

A Little Bit of Magic

Amber was the best decision we made for our wedding! She was the ultimate professional and did everything in her power to make us believe that my fiancé and I were the only people in the world that mattered. We wholeheartedly recommend Amber to anyone who wants to enjoy their wedding stress free.

We decided to get married in Seattle. As this is not where we live, we needed someone who could help us speak with vendors on our behalf, take our ideas and vision to heart, and turn our wedding into a reality without us physically being with them. Amber was all of this and more. Amber’s knack for design, attention to minute details and organizational ability make mundane things magical in execution. She has a poise, demeanor, and attention to detail that makes you feel as though everything is in hand when she is around.
    We provided her with a color theme but Amber’s design savvy eclipsed our expectations and propelled our look into a more elevated design. She helped us fine tune the look by providing suggestions and sample photos of everything from chairs, flowers, lighting, table designs and cakes. Thanks to Amber our wedding turned out more beautiful than we could ever have imagined.

Amber was also very attuned to our budget. As she was our intermediary for vendors, Amber helped us stay within our allotted budget by providing a varied list of professionals that fit our needs and style. (Some she’s worked with and others she has not.) Amber’s professional standing is of a sterling quality among several of the top venues and vendors in Seattle. Even the places she had not worked with knew of her work and were eager to work with her. We were told numerous times by vendors, “Amber works magic. You’ve chosen a good one.”

The day of the wedding, Amber was in her element. She arrived on time and was composed. She effortlessly took charge and coordinated with the vendors and venue director to get everything in order. Staff at our venue/ hotel remarked continually on how well organized everything was and how relaxed my bride and I appeared. Our families loved her as well and appreciated the direction she gave them so that they too could relax and enjoy the event.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Leah · Married on 06/30/2018

Amber was great to work with. We were introduced to her by the photographer that we booked. My husband was hesitant with having a coordinator and did not see the benefits. In the end, he saw how much time, coordination, and communication that Amber did with all of our vendors! She helped create and articulate the vision and design for our wedding. We are so happy with how everything turned out and happy that she introduced us to the rest of our wedding team. It is so important to have a team that works together on the day of your wedding. I cannot recommend A. Renee Planning any higher! Having Amber allowed us and our wedding party to fully enjoy our wedding day.

Sent on 09/07/2018

Hannah · Married on 05/03/2018

Amber was so crucial in how smooth our day went. She pulled all of our details together beautifully and kept us sane through the planning process. Without her help we would not have had such great success finding our vendors, it all made our day truly magical!

Sent on 05/19/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 04/14/2018

Hiring Amber as our wedding planner was, hands down and without a doubt, the best decision my husband and I made for our wedding. Amber genuinely listened to our priorities and preferences from day one, tailoring every design aspect, vendor recommendation and logistical detail to fit our personalities, wedding vision and budget. The thought of wedding planning seemed daunting to my husband and I at first, but Amber’s professional, organized and incredibly friendly nature made our wedding planning experience hassle-free and wonderfully memorable. Our wedding day was an absolute dream and would not have been possible without her!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Sydney · Married on 03/03/2018

When planning my wedding, one of the things i constantly heard was how crucial having a day of coordinator was. I interviewed a lot of different, well reviewed and qualified planners and coordinators - but Amber stood out and I would (and have) recommended her to everyone.

From the moment I contacted her, Amber was responsive, professional, and warm. She was authentic and after meeting her, we felt that she understood our vision for our wedding day. Unbeknownst to us at the time, Amber had a much larger, and higher profile wedding she was planning the week before ours. Throughout this time, we truly felt like Amber's only client and we were blown away after seeing the outstanding work she did on the wedding the weekend before us. Amber, is a true professional and master of her craft.

The day of, we knew we were in good hands. Amber has a calming presence and we were able to relax and enjoy everything knowing that she had things handled. Every detail was perfect, and better than I could have hoped for. Throughout the process, Amber had great suggestions on additions or tweaks - all while keeping our overall budget in mind. Amber made sure that our vision came to life, and our friends and family continue to tell us how beautiful and "us" our wedding was. Amber kept everything on schedule, and made us feel like any of our requests or asks were easy. She even went and picked up our late night snack, delivering it herself to our venue!

I've already recommended Amber to friends who are in the early stages to planning their wedding. Primarily since she was crucial to making our wedding day perfect, but also a little selfishly so I can say "Hi" and thank her again for everything she did. It felt like working with a friend - the type of friend that will give it to you straight, push you a bit outside of your comfort zone, and do it all with impeccable style.

Sent on 03/23/2018

Mara · Married on 02/24/2018

Amber is absolutely phenomenal. The past year and half, we knew we could
    Count on her. I lived out of state and she was on top of everything handling back and forth emails with vendors and I, scheduling meetings every time i was in town, dealing with the RSVP’s, payments, and I could always count on her suggestions with designs and etc. I absolutely trusted her with everything and knew we were in good hands from the start. I looked forward every time I saw her because she makes great company! She eased a lot of stress from me on my wedding day because I knew she could handle it all. She was able to pull of a 250+ guests, NFL/Polynesian, glamorous dream wedding. In my eyes my day went perfectly smoothly because of her and her team’s hard work. I could not have imagined going through wedding planning without Ambers help and we are so thankful we had her as our planner. She is amazing at her job and I know she will make more brides happy and satisfied like she did with me.

Sent on 03/19/2018

Caylee · Married on 09/23/2017

Amber is amazing! So organized, really understands our vision, has great contacts for vendor discounts, lots of experience to draw from, and uses her billable time honestly and efficiently.

Sent on 02/03/2017

Bryan · Married on 09/09/2017

Amber was amazing! Perfect dream wedding went off without a hitch 1.5 years planning and perfecting and Amber was there helping us the entire time. When it came to the final week and final day you want Amber in your corner. She made it comfortable, less stressful, and very smooth. She dealt with everything and everyone for us and her professionalism and patience was unforgettable. Our expectations were met and exceeded. Highly recommended. Thank you Amber!

Sent on 11/30/2017

Rachel · Married on 08/12/2017

At first I was adamant that I did not need a planner for our wedding... I am SO glad that I saw the light and hired Amber!! We booked her planning and design package, and it was without a doubt the best money we spent on our wedding. She helped us make our vision (sort of a Mexican fiesta-themed wedding) come to life in such a fun yet classy way. We've had guests telling us for weeks that it was the best wedding they've ever been to (we agree). We highly HIGHLY recommend A. Renee Weddings & Events and cannot thank Amber enough!

Sent on 10/01/2017

Ana · Married on 08/05/2017

Amber is absolutely wonderful to work with! I am wedding photographer and wold recommend her ANYDAY! She is organized, creative, professional and so sweet. I love working with her! If you're debating on having a planner DON'T from a vendors point of view they are essential! They keep us all on a scheduled and keep everything organized. Amber does this especially well!

Sent on 10/20/2017

Mya · Married on 07/01/2017

Both my fiance (now husband) and I have crazy busy schedules and as soon as we got engaged, I knew the most important vendor in our whole planning process would be to find the RIGHT wedding planner. The fact that I interviewed SEVEN wedding planners and decided on Amber right away after meeting her (yes, she was the seventh) should say something.

It's not that I didn't see the other planners as incompetent. But with a wedding planner, unlike your other wedding vendors, you need a lot more than just competency. This is the person you will be communicating with the MOST throughout your whole planning process, discuss every single vendor, receive advice on style, and may even lean on at times to seek emotional support during this highly stressful time.

So not only does your wedding planner need to be good at their job (oh, and Amber is amazing at her job), but you need to LIKE and TRUST this person. You also want to know that they CARE about YOU. Throughout a whole year of planning, I never felt like I was just "one of her clients." I felt like I had the most attentive and reliable friend who really cared about me and my wedding, but would of course also be amazing at helping me make the best decisions to bring my vision to reality.

Amber has a calm, poised, and genuine presence. She is highly professional, but friendly; Extremely organized, but flexible. She is prepared and reliable. I had a few "situations" on the wedding day that I could've really freaked out about, but in no situation would she panic and would just "take care of it" in her usual calm and professional manner.

My bridesmaids also instantly liked her and were so impressed with Amber that towards the end of the night they even pulled her in onto the dance floor and she danced with us for a few minutes before putting her "professional hat" back on to take care of the rest of the night. :)

I had a pretty damn awesome wedding and it wouldn't have been possible without Amber.

Sent on 09/22/2017

Meg · Married on 05/28/2017

I first met Amber at Urban Unveiled right after our engagement and I knew right away that I wanted to work with her. Amber is not just incredibly organized and detailed-oriented (two things essential to event planning), but an incredibly talented event designer! She is amazing at asking the right questions to understand what you are trying to accomplish and helping you achieve your desired look in a way that is completely unique and specific to you. She also helped us budget appropriately and showed us which elements to invest in for the biggest impact. Every vendor she recommend to us was wonderful and she was amazing at creating a very detailed timeline which allowed our vendors to work together smoothly and efficiently. Her eye for design is impeccable and our wedding was absolutely gorgeous! The day of the wedding, as well as the month leading up to it, wasn't stressful in the least bit and everything went so smoothly. My family didn't have to lift a finger and they were so grateful to be able to relax and enjoy our wedding.

Beyond being an absolutely wonderful wedding designer and planner, Amber is an incredibly kind and warm individual. I looked forward to every meeting with her and she truly goes above and beyond for her clients. We are so incredibly lucky to have had her be part of our special day!

Sent on 05/30/2017

Julianne · Married on 05/28/2017

Amber,

Hands down -the best wedding I've ever attended! And I'm not just saying that because it was my daughter's. The decor, the schedule, the details- all wonderful.

As a mom it felt horrible to live so far away and not be able to help more with the planning. But I heard quite a few sentences that started with, "Well, Amber says..."!

You were seriously an enormous help. Everything ran so smoothly. All that was left to do was enjoy the day. And we certainly did!

I still claim credit for the weather as I believe we had help from a few grandparents for that! But you can claim everything else.

So any potential clients of yours should take the leap and sign up to work with you. We'd do it again in a heratbeat!

Sincerely,

Julianne LaSmith (Meg's Mom)

Sent on 05/30/2017

Alan · Married on 05/20/2017

Amber of A. Renee Weddings & Events is the best we could ever have asked for! She was super attentive, detail oriented, and very patient and kind. My wife and I were so happy with the end result, it was simply a miraculous day and we have Amber to thank! She made everything easy and worked closely with us to make our vision a reality. We are so unbelievably happy with our wedding day and ease of planning leading up to it. Everything was perfect!

If you want your wedding done right, you need to hire Amber with A. Renee Weddings&Events. Unquestionably the best in Seattle!

Sent on 07/13/2017

Kristen · Married on 04/29/2017

Where do I even begin? Amber was absolutely phenomenal and so much fun to work with! Her knowledge, attention to detail, poise and incredible follow up and follow through made our wedding planning and execution seamless. From recommending numerous top vendors, passing along her industry discounts, promptly responding to emails, and inserting herself perfectly, we were able to enjoy our special day to the fullest. She put us at ease leading up to the wedding, and exceeded all expectations through the entire process. Having been in the event industry for nearly 10 years I was not sure if I needed a wedding coordinator, but looking back, I can't imagine going through the wedding process without Amber’s genuine care, support and attention. Our venue/catering team had some logistical challenges, and Amber handled everything to ensure they got back on track, and still went above and beyond with her level of execution to make our day perfect and worry free. This was hands down the best financial investment we made towards our wedding, and I can’t recommend A. Renee Wedding & Events highly enough.

Sent on 06/21/2017
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 12/31/2016

I cannot recommend Amber highly enough! From design to execution she was the very best person to have in my corner for wedding planning. She has an amazing eye for details and was able to recommend different ideas for our wedding that were eye-popping while staying inside our budget. She’s a very kind, patient person, which does a world of good for a stressed bride and her family. On the day-of she had everything under control. The event ran on time, and went off without a hitch. It was really the most perfect day and I couldn’t have done it without Amber!

Sent on 01/11/2017

John · Married on 07/30/2016

My wife and I used Amber as our wedding planner for a mini destination wedding. We were incredibly impressed with her professionalism, hard work, and enthusiasm. From major decisions to the smallest details Amber's advice and recommendations were thoughtful, timely, and always in line with the vision we had for the wedding and reception. Her hard work and dedication resulted in a spectacular event that was exactly what we were looking for. The best part was that on the day we didn't have to worry about the details, everything went according to plan and we had a great time! I would highly recommend Amber.

Sent on 12/28/2016