A Place in Time Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

• Kenya
    Kenya E. Married on 07/23/2022

Amazing photographer!

Mariah was such an amazing photographer and I am so glad we found her for our wedding! When we booked with her she was so quick to respond and answer all our questions. During the wedding day she was so professional and made me and my husband so comfortable with our posing for pictures. We also got our edited pictures back within a week of the wedding day. 10/10 recommend!
  • Katherine
    Katherine M. Married on 07/12/2022

Wonderful!!

This is the only photographer we will use. She is wonderful to work with and her photos are amazing. Thank you!
  • Robin
    Robin C. Married on 06/18/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Mariah is absolutely wonderful, would add more stars if I could!

From the moment I reached out to Mariah, I knew that she was passionate about her work and invested in creating long-lasting and meaningful memories for our our engagement and wedding. She was very well prepared and gave my husband and I plenty of tips, asked the right questions, and made sure we were well prepared for what to expect during our photo shoots. She was incredibly flexible with her time, and understood when we needed to reschedule our engagement shoot due to an illness. Living in the PNW, you come to expect a little (or a lot) of rain at all times, and she was able to take those downpours and turn them into something beautiful for us to treasure forever. To top off her professionalism and expertise, her quick turnaround time for photos was a wonderful surprise, as I've worked with photographers in the past who took months. Her passion for her work is evident in her product, and I cannot express enough how beautiful each and every photo turned out. We couldn't be happier with hiring her for our big day and will certainly be hiring her again for our future life events!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Jessica H. Married on 09/03/2021

We love her!

Mariah was amazing. We loved all our engagement and wedding photos. They are absolutely gorgeous. She directed us and told us how to stand. She made us feel comfortable and was super patient with all our family. She is inclusive made us feel so beautiful. I am so glad we had the opportunity to work with her and be able to capture our special day!
  • Aubrey
    Aubrey W. Married on 08/20/2021

Amaing photographer

I absolutely loved having Mariah as my engagement and wedding photographer. She did such an amazing job and was the nicest!! My husband and I are obsessed with our photos!
    Jaime Married on 03/17/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best Photographer for Our Wedding!

Our wedding was so wonderful all thanks to A Place in Time Photography. Mariah is an amazing photographer. What can I say? She is incredibly talented! She was super helpful and guided us through each awesome pose. She was even able to pull off the coolest pictures and capture impossible images of Mt Hood from far away just like what we wanted but still make it look so visible and incredible. She did a great job! She was so kind and we are so glad we met her. She’s become our new family photographer for every occasion. Received our photos back in less than 24 hours with exactly the editing requests we asked for (tummy tuckings and bright skin tones). We didn’t want to spend too much on this wedding so Mariah was really kind and worked with us on creating a very special package just for us. She even stayed longer past her clock to make sure we got enough pictures with us as a couple and with our daughter and individual ones with our family. We ended up getting more photos than we expected for free. Mariah is the BEST! Please choose her to capture one of the best memories of your life!
    Melissa B. Married on 03/06/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Highly Recommend - Incredible Photography!

Mariah Dahl with A Place in Time Photography did our wedding photos and we are blown away! Her photos are so light, bright, and absolutely breathtaking. I would recommend her a million times over. She is incredibly talented and her work speaks for itself.
  • Rachel
    Rachel K. Married on 04/19/2020

Absolutely amazing!

I couldn’t recommend Mariah enough. So easy and reliable to work with. Knew exactly how to get the most amazing photos and told us what to do, since we’re not photogenic people lol, but she made it really fun and easy for us! Our photos are absolutely amazing. We’ve got nothing but compliments on our photos when showing people. And loved the little engagement shoot when you book her for the wedding! Amazing!
    Brianna G. Married on 07/13/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

We loved working with them!

Mike and Mariah were amazing! They did both our engagement pictures and our wedding pictures. My husband and I aren’t very comfortable in from of a camera, but they made everything so easy for us and recommended poses that were easy and looked great! They were super professional and took incredible pictures. They were also open to us doing our goofy pictures and had fun with us while we took them! We were so happy with how all of our pictures turned out. We would definitely recommend a time in place to do your next photoshoot!
  • Kaitlin
    Kaitlin D. Married on 06/29/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Mariah and Mike are a dream to work with!

Wow! Just wow. Working with Mariah and Mike was one of the best parts of our wedding experience. From our first communication to our flash drive arriving in the mail full of wedding photos, they were so professional, so kind, and so fun.

From the start, my husband and I knew we would be crafting a very nontraditional ceremony, and that we would need a smaller-than-normal package. Mariah and Mike were so flexible with all of our requests and created the perfect package to fit our needs (and our budget). Not only that, they were incredibly attentive to our very specific requests for the ceremony itself and worked to find a creative way to capture every moment we asked for. They were present without feeling overbearing, they directed us during the portraits after the ceremony without being demanding, and they managed to wrangle our very loud family!

One of the things that stood out the most to my husband and me about working with Mariah and Mike was their professionalism. They arrived about fifteen minutes early to our venue and immediately found us and started to get to know our families. At the end of the night, they found us about ten minutes before the end of their contracted time to ask if there was anything we wanted to get photos of before they left.

Finally, of course, the photos were incredible. I wasn’t expecting anything for at least two or three weeks, but we had our pictures less than a week after our wedding. One of my favorite memories will always be going through them with my husband over coffee, and then calling our parents to look at them together over speakerphone. Everyone who has seen the pictures said they capture our day perfectly, and I truly feel like I get to relive the moments when I go through the pictures.

We love Mariah and Mike, and we will absolutely be returning to them anytime we need photographers in the future.
    Derek R. Married on 05/25/2019
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Professional, dedicated, photographers - great photos!

Mariah & Mike were great! They gave a lot of time on consultations, etc., and were always very communicative. Our engagement photo shoot (a few months before the wedding) was amazing! They planned for just about everything on our wedding day (things we'd have never thought of ourselves). They did a great job of getting the best photos, and also making sure everything went smoothly. Our wedding day photos were great! We would definitely recommend A Place in Time Photography!
    Aaron Married on 09/09/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Our first glimpse at A Place In Time’s extraordinary talent was after a friend’s wedding reception. Their photographs were so captivating and beautiful we just knew we had to hire them for our own reception. They were incredibly easy and comfortable to work with from first contact through final product. In just 3 hours they were able to capture every bit of our day absolutely perfectly, from posed shots to candids to fine décor details, nothing was left undocumented. Upon seeing the final photos my wife, who is a very happy and curvaceous plus size woman, expressed how absolutely beautiful and “seen” she felt in every picture of herself. The angles and personality they were able to capture were effortlessly flattering and yet made such a huge impact. Thank you Mariah and Mike, from the bottom of our hearts! We look forward to more sessions in the future!
    Leah Married on 06/23/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    After searching tirelessly for a wedding photographer we finally found what we were looking for in A Pace in Time photography! There work stood out by a mile and I knew instantly that we had to hire them! All our memories from our wedding day have been captured perfectly from start to finish! Mariah & Mike’s unique use of light and gorgeous tones made our wedding look like a beautifully shot movie in which all our guests feature as glamorous Hollywood stars. We felt that they really made the effort to get to know us and ensured that the photos of our wedding reflected our personalities which offered a really nice personal touch. They were great to have as part of our special day and are clearly so passionate about what they do! Everything was perfect, from the communication, quick turnaround and near 500 shots of pure gold that we will treasure forever. We can’t thank / recommend A Place in Time Photography Enough!”
    Eden Married on 04/21/2018
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Mariah and Mike were very helpful, professional, and kind. I couldn't have asked for better photographers for my special day! They made the whole process from beginning to end very smooth and got all of my photos back to me within two weeks after the wedding. If your looking for photographers for your wedding look no further you have found them (:
  • Krystal
    Krystal Married on 11/10/2017

Very fluid

Was there promptly on time. Had had list of wanted pictures ready to go. Also helped staged photos when I was able to think of what I wanted.
    Tammy Married on 10/28/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I don't even know where to begin!! Mariah & Mike are amazing!! From the very first email to the very last photo they have gone above and beyond for us! Offering special discounts to help with our budget, waiting patiently at the courthouse for the rest of our family members to show up (even when they were pretty late) just because they understood how important it was for my husband and I to have them there with us. The pictures are absolutely amazing and we love each and everyone of them. We had or small courthouse ceremony on August 24, 2016 and we will be having a larger vow renewal ceremony and reception next year and will be hiring Mariah & Mike again to take pictures at that event as well!! I recommend A Place in Time Photography to anyone looking to get their pictures done for any reason. They are truly wonderful!!
    Stephanie Married on 10/14/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Mariah and Mike are absolutely wonderful to work with. They were my first choice for my wedding and were so responsive to my messages. I had my wedding on 10/14/17 and had a sneak peak ready that night! And even more incredible, my whole gallery was ready a few days later. My usb even beat me home from my honeymoon! I can't wait to work with them again in the near future! 10 out of 10!!!
    Brandy Married on 06/29/2017
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Great couple to work with, easy going and super friendly ❤
    Jessica Married on 08/19/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    I am so glad we chose to hire this couple. Getting two photographers was awesome. The pictures for both engagement photo shoot and from our wedding are flawless. They truly know how to capture special moments and were a pleasure to work with. I would recommend them to anyone.
    Ashley Married on 08/05/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Mike and Mariah are incredible photographers! They are such a pleasure to work with-they are kind but directive; They helped keep our day on track! They create such beautiful photos. A huge priority for my groom and I were to have great photographers for our big day, since the photos will be our memories we have forever! I had worked with other photographers in the past, so I was very picky about the style of photographer I wanted. We loved A Place in Time's style which was high quality and clear, and emphasized the beauty of the surroundings and the moment. Additionally, Mike and Mariah are transparent and clear about their pricing, which I really appreciate- no surprises! They were immensely helpful to me, since this was the first wedding my family and I were a close part of, and they were quick to respond with tips and ideas. They have such a positive attitude and great sense of humor! We received our photos so quickly as well! For all that you get with A Place in Time Photography, they are a real bargain, they deserve more than 5 stars for value! I couldn't recommend them higher!
    Sarah Married on 07/09/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    WOW!! Mariah and Mike were so wonderful to work with! They did our engagement photos which was a great introduction to their work and confirmation that we chose the right people to capture our wedding day. They are super fast at responding to any and all questions which is great, especially the week of the wedding when the forecast shows rain for your outdoor wedding and you suddenly have a hundred questions. On the day of, they showed up on time and went straight to work. No need to point them in any direction because they know what to do and they are great at it! They are so fun and professional to work with and they did such a great job working with our rowdy group. Our pictures turned out beautiful and we got them back so fast! I recommend them to any and everyone! We loved working with them and plan to use them in the future. Thanks again for everything Mariah and Mike!
  • User2682894 2+ years ago
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Honestly, do yourself a favor and check out Mariah and Mike and their awesome studio, A Place in Time Photography. Not only do you get two photographers on your special day, but these two work fast!!! We had our edited photos back to us within 8 days (yes, DAYS) of getting married. They knew exactly the look we wanted and made everything effortless. You will not be disappointed with these two. That's a promise!
    Nicole Married on 05/28/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    Mike and Mariah did an A++ perfect job on our wedding photos! From beginning to end they were wonderful to work with, super attentive and responsive. The day of the wedding they were there from getting ready to the end of the reception and captured every amazing moment. I highly recommend them and plan on contacting them for future photo sessions. :)
    Jennifer Married on 05/20/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    If I could give more stars than five, I definitely would. Mariah and Mike were so incredible to work with! We had our wedding on a tight budget with only about 25 people or so in attendance. I asked for quotes online and Mariah went out of her way to help me find something that fit my budget even if that meant not having her do my photography. That's just the kind of person she is! As soon as I saw her and her hubby's work, I was sold! I knew I had to have it! We ended up getting a stellar deal for the quality of work they provide! Mariah was so gracious and flexible through the entire process. Come the wedding day, it was pouring rain, we were running late and nothing went according to plan, but sure enough, Mariah and Mike were there with soft smiles and a sense of humor to get us through it. They made everything seem so effortless- getting shots of the venue and the decorations before I got there. And then taking all of our portraits was a breeze. When we received our pictures (quite quickly might I add), I was stunned to see how beautiful all the pictures were that they had taken! The edits were perfect, not overly saturated which I often find to be the case. My wedding was so hectic, but all of the best parts were translated into the photos. She captured the essence of getting to marry my best friend. It truly was a fairytale. And because of A Place In Time Photography, we'll always remember the best parts of our special day. Can't thank them enough!
    Brianna Married on 04/30/2016
      5.0 out of 5 rating
    AMAZING to work with! They genuinely love what they do and it shows!! My husband and I felt an instant connection from the consultation to the end. We are sad it's over, but they will be our go to photographer for EVERYTHING we do!
illustration stars