A More Beautiful You Reviews

31 | Charlottesville, VA

31 Reviews for A More Beautiful You

Lyndia Bernet · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Beautiful results

Elizabeth was perfect for my daughter’s wedding. She arrived at our Lexington venue early, and was extremely professional. She was able to create exactly what each girl wanted with beautiful results. She was efficient and kept us on time. Highly recommend.

Sent on 05/21/2019
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 08/17/2019

Hair and Makeup

Marci did an incredible job on my hair, eyelashes and airbrush makeup for my wedding day. I never felt so beautiful and she gave me exactly what I had asked for. She was professional and went with the flow of the day. Even when someone was looking for makeup to use on themselves, she offered them hers without hesitation. I could not recommend AMBY enough if you are looking for hair and makeup!

Sent on 09/05/2019

jake · Married on 05/18/2019

Perfect hair and Makeup for your big day

For my wedding in May, we used A more Beautiful You for hair and some makeup. Elizabeth Corle was our Artist and she did an absolutely amazing job. Everyone’s hair and makeup was perfect and she stuck around to do final touch-ups. She was on time, was on schedule, and supper easy to work with! I was nervous that I did not do a trial run, but Elizabeth took my inspiration and worked her magic. I especially like that she was willing to come out to my venue so that we didn’t have to leave all day. I would definitely use Elizabeth again in the future.

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Dextor3000

Beth · Married on 10/21/2017

Marci was so easy to work with! We had hair and makeup for four people, and it didn't take long at all. I also had two trials with Marci before the wedding so that I could figure out how I wanted to have my hair done. I loved the both the makeup and the hair on the day of the wedding, and received a ton of compliments! You also have the option to pay a little more and have Marci stay for touch-ups after the ceremony, which was totally worth it.

Sent on 11/12/2017

Bethany · Married on 09/16/2017

Marci and her team were absolutely AMAZING on my wedding day. I would highly recommend to any bride!

Sent on 12/05/2017

Paige · Married on 05/27/2017

Amber did my hair and my bridesmaid's hair. She did an AMAZING job!! We were running late getting to the venue and she was so patient and communicative. We all had no idea what we wanted to do with our hair and she made it easy to find the right style for us. I absolutely loved my hair! My girls loved theirs as well! I would recommend her to anyone.

Sent on 06/04/2017

Emma · Married on 07/23/2016

Where to begin... Marci was just amazing!! She was professional, did an AWESOME job, she was warm and friendly, reassuring, and tried so hard to make sure that everything was prefect. She was extremely accommodating and did my bridesmaid's hair and makeup on the day with no notice. She arrived on time and was very professional. And of course her hair and makeup were PERFECT. I don't wear much makeup at all and wasn't sure what I wanted. She was very patient during the trial. She made me feel so beautiful and for that I cannot thank her enough. Thank you so much <3

Sent on 09/03/2016

Suparna · Married on 05/27/2016

Marci did a great job with our hair and make-up and I cannot recommend her enough! It was unusually hot and humid on the day of our wedding, and I was concerned about the make-up staying fresh until the end of the night. We also hadn't gone over any updos during our consult, but it became clear that I needed to have an updo on such a hot day. I was a little nervous to have her do a completely new style on my wedding day, but Marci did such an amazing job that I loved it even more than the style that we had decided during our consult!! The make-up also stayed on and looked as good as new until 3 am, and my eye make-up stayed on despite the humidity and some tears here and there :) The airbrush was also great because I hardly wear makeup and it really made me feel like I wasn't wearing any makeup at all.

Marci was also really easy to work with and really responsive over email. I would highly recommend her - especially if you are considering onsite hair and make-up, which really did make the wedding day much easier!

Sent on 06/09/2016

Michelle · Married on 04/23/2016

Marci was absolutely fabulous! Not only was she super professional and fun to have around as we got ready but the makeup application and hair withstood a steady rain photo shot in the woods! Not only did it stay in place but both the hair and the makeup looked great all night long. I have the pictures to prove it. My maid of honor has fine hair and wanted an up do. I had my doubts but Marci did a beautiful up do that again stayed in place thru rain and dancing! When we knew the weather was going to be a bit of challenge she even gave us some hair spray to take with us because we didn't have any. She is the best and I am thankful to have her on our big day.

Sent on 05/01/2017

A More Beautiful You's reply:

Thank you so much for the review Michelle! It was a delight to meet you and I absolutely loved how your pictures turned out!!! You definitely made the most of the weather that you had! Best wishes to you and your husband!

Alison · Married on 09/26/2015

Marci did an amazing job on my hair and makeup - she took my ideas and made them look better than I had pictured. She's very easy to work with and responded well to feedback - during my trial the hair wasn't quite right and it took a few tries to find the right lipstick color, but she worked with me patiently and the end result was totally perfect. I got quotes from a few different people who do onsite wedding makeup, and Marci provided the best value. The other folks in my wedding who had their hair and makeup done looked beautiful as well. I just got my photos back and I'm thrilled with how I look!

Sent on 10/14/2015

A More Beautiful You's reply:

Thank you so much Alison! I was great to meet you and I had a beautiful canvas to work with! Congratulations and best wishes!

Katie · Married on 05/09/2015

Marcy at AMBY is absolutely amazing. I know nothing about make-up and I was one of those brides who didn't know exactly what she wanted. I wasn't able to do a trial run, but on the spot, Marcy worked with me to create the PERFECT look for my special day. She made it look so easy! Additionally, she was a JOY to talk to and even gave me a few tips for after the wedding! I loved her so much, I convinced my mom to get hers done, and my mom was extremely pleased!! I got sooo many compliments on my make-up; I have never felt so beautiful :) I knew I wanted to splurge in the make-up category and I got an amazing value with AMBY! :)

Sent on 06/07/2015

Becki · Married on 11/22/2014

Absolutely LOVED Marci and her team! It was so great to have them come to us as we got ready. I had 8 bridesmaids and myself and they did such an amazing job making us all look wonderful for my wedding day! Marci really listened to my requests to make sure I got exactly what I wanted. I'm usually VERY picky about letting other people do my hair and make up but with Marci she got it perfect on the first try! Air brush make up looked and felt amazing! I HIGHLY recommend A More Beautiful You!!

Sent on 01/29/2015

Marci is wonderful, the other girls with her are great. My bridal party looked AMAZING!! My hair and makeup were perfect. They are sweet and kind and do fabulous work!! They come to you, and make your morning of getting ready so fabulous. They're great!!

Sent on 08/03/2014

Mandy · Married on 07/05/2014

Marci and her team were wonderful to work with! I had a large bridal party and she was able to spend quality time with each bridesmaid and myself! I would highly recommend A More Beautiful You to any bride looking for a hair/makeup vendor in the C-Ville area. It was a true pleasure to work with Marci!

Sent on 01/23/2015

Rachel · Married on 06/29/2014

I know everyone tells you you look beautiful on your wedding day, but I got so many sincere compliments, I'm so grateful to Marci and Heather for helping me and my bridesmaids get picture-perfect! They adjusted the things I wanted adjusted, and were so fun to hang out with during the makeup-and-hair hours. They even managed to convince my mom to let them do her hair and makeup :)
    The girls at AMBY are just the friendliest, so on that alone, give them a call! That and, my hair was exactly like I pictured it, and my sisters' hair was so gorgeous I wished I could have two hair styles at once! And fake eyelashes! I love them :)

Sent on 07/09/2014

A More Beautiful you was a brides dream come true. Marci and her team made the morning of my wedding relaxing and easy. They were so fun, sweet and efficient in getting me and my 3 bridesmaids all looking fabulous, They listened and styled our hair and makeup exactly how we described.
    Marci was flexible and patient with me. I would not hesitate to recommend, A More Beautiful You for your special day.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/03/2014

Cannot say enough positive things! I was looking for a hair vendor that would do a great job for my bridesmaids and myself at a "not gonna break the bank" cost. Marci did an excellent job. She was extremely professional. At my hair trial I provided her with a picture of what I (thought) I wanted. She replicated the style, however within a few hours I decided I did not like the style after all. Come wedding day, I informed Marcie that I wanted an updo that looked NOTHING like our test run. I was very nervous to have her do a completely new style on my wedding day. I provided her the new picture and crossed my fingers. Well, she nailed it!! I LOVED my hair so much I got teary when I saw it. My husband, to this day, reminds me of how much he loved my hair on our wedding day. She was easy to work with, friendly, professional and really knows her stuff. (Bridesmaids hair all looked awesome!!) Thanks Marci!

Sent on 01/23/2015
  • Megan Taylor

Megan · Married on 01/04/2014

Marci is such a sweetheart! And her work is fantastic! I had never had airbrush make-up done before and let me tell you, it is exactly what you want for your wedding day, especially if you are not a big make-up person. It is so light that you feel like you've got nothing on, yet when you look in the mirror, you see absolutely perfectly smooth skin looking back at you! She did make-up trials on both my mother and myself and was flexible with all the changes and requests we made between those and the wedding. And on the day of the wedding, Marci and her team were incredibly efficient but thorough with making up all the girls of the bridal party, plus both moms. Everyone loved the airbrush and we all looked incredibly beautiful :)

I also had Marci do some tattoo coverage for a very large, dark tattoo on my back that peaked out of my dress. It didn't end up staying on throughout the evening, but it was perfectly covered through the ceremony, which was all that mattered to my mother! I'm sure had the tattoo been smaller, it wouldn'tve even rubbed off, but it covered a large area directly where my dress hit, so it was constantly being rubbed. It also could've had something to do with the fact that I shaved the area (during the trial, it was unshaved and the peach fuzz stood up like crazy) and the make-up didn't have much to grasp on to! Either way, my mother was happy with the coverage and that's all that mattered!

Sent on 01/30/2014
  • Deirdre

Deirdre · Married on 11/02/2013

Marci did a terrific job on my hair and makeup for my wedding! She was very professional throughout the entire process and tried to figure out exactly what I wanted. I was VERY happy with the final product on the day of the wedding and very happy that I chose AMBY!

Sent on 01/10/2014

Katie · Married on 10/19/2013

I was so impressed with Marci and her team. They were extremely flexible with the day of schedule as a lot of my bridesmaids couldn't make up their mind about what services they wanted. Marci handled it perfectly and the day went smoothly. I felt bad because I gave a very vague idea of what I wanted and asked for something unconventional such as lace woven into the hair. Marci did a wonderful job at taking my ideas and pulling off a beautifully elegant updo. My bridesmaids jaws literally dropped when they saw it. I didn't do a hair trial because money was so tight. This gave me some extra nervous day of expectation but the end product was better than I ever could have imagined. Their services were much cheaper than the competitors but we were all extremely satisfied by how elegant everyone looked. Thank you Marci!

Sent on 11/14/2013

Sara · Married on 09/21/2013

Marci Corle, owner of A More Beautiful You (AMBY) is a lovely, attentive and calm person with the gift of listening to exactly what the bride envisions and making the vision even more beautiful with her professional hairstyling and makeup skills. After a makeup and hair trial gone awry, I found AMBY and immediately knew that Marci would be able to do exactly what I wanted done with my hair and makeup on my wedding day. She also explained the importance of color for beautiful wedding photography, and contributed her own creative suggestions. Of note, when Marci was doing my hair and makeup, we chatted and she remarked that she had a family wedding to attend later that afternoon that had been planned since our consultation. Clearly, she puts her clients first, thank you AMBY!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Daisy · Married on 07/09/2016

We are so glad we booked "A More Beautiful You"! Both Marci and Heather were fantastic, they listened to exactly what each of us wanted and were happy to make adjustments if we wanted any changes or tweaks. Marci and I corresponded with pictures and ideas even after our trial (when I got new ideas!) and she kept a whole file of the look I was going for so she knew exactly what to do on the day. Both Marci and Heather were extremely friendly, timely, and calm during the craziness of any wedding day. I would absolutely book with them again!

Sent on 08/04/2016
  • Emily

Emily Vincent · Married on 10/26/2019

Beautiful Wedding Hair & Makeup!

I highly recommend A More Beautiful You! Marci did my trial which I loved but she was not available to do hair and makeup on my wedding day so I was a little nervous. However, Angi and Elizabeth were amazing and made me look and feel so beautiful! The two of them and Rae took care of me, 7 bridesmaids, mother of the bride, and mother of the groom efficiently without us needing a super early wakeup call! They did beautiful braids, twists, and updos that were very impressive! Not only are they very talented but they are so nice and friendly and my bridesmaids and I had a great time with them getting ready!

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 10/18/2019

Felt Like I Wasn't Wearing Any Makeup!

I would highly recommend A More Beautiful You, without any hesitation! I got my hair and make-up done for my wedding, and throughout my entire wedding day, I didn't even feel like I had any makeup on, and it felt like it stayed flawless the entire night! The owner, Marci, is great at what she does, and she is incredibly amiable and trustworthy!

Sent on 11/07/2019
  • Jacqueline

Jacqueline · Married on 05/04/2019

Better than going to the salon

AMBY did a fantastic job for hair and makeup. I really wanted someone that would come to us, instead of going to a salon. Besides my own hair and makeup, the makeup for all of the bridesmaids and my mother was done. One of the bridesmaids also had her hair done. AMBY were great in letting the costs be split some (I covered all the makeup). The cost was the same and/or better than going to a salon. Elizabeth was our stylist and she was so lovely and skilled! I only had a vague sense of what I wanted for my hair, and no idea for makeup (I don't really wear it). She had great suggestions and her execution was on point, especially in figuring out how to weave my hairpiece into my braid! Conversation was very easy and she was very accommodating both for the trial and the day of! (Photo credit Amanda Maglione)

Sent on 06/10/2019

A More Beautiful You's reply:

Thank you so much for the review! Elizabeth loved working with you and your pictures are so beautiful!!!