Amanda Livick Photography Reviews

Amanda Livick Photography 5
  • Deanna

Deanna · Married on 08/17/2019

Photography and videography

Amanda and her team did an amazing job at our wedding. It was so important to us to have the mountains captured in our pictures and get all the beauty of the blue ridge mountains and she did just that. The pictures I've gotten back (400 within 3 weeks) are amazing! Throughout the process she was easy to get in contact with, organized and overall a joy to work with. We are waiting to get our wedding video back as well! Not only did she do a great job, but she was also budget friendly! If you are in the VA area, I highly recommend Amanda and her team! You wont regret it!

Sent on 09/10/2019
    Amanda Livick Photography 6
    Amanda Livick Photography 7
    Amanda Livick Photography 8
    Amanda Livick Photography 9
    Amanda Livick Photography 10

Kimberly · Married on 08/04/2018

AMAZING photographer!

Amanda has an awesome personality and was great to work with! I booked the full package with her that included our engagement shoot and our photos came out great! She helped guide us for the poses and that was super helpful!

The day of the wedding things were so hectic and I felt like almost everything was going wrong! Amanda stayed on top of everything from the moment she arrived to make sure that I got the photos I wanted. She remembered to grab me during the reception to take a special photo I requested, and she remembered my sparkler exit! It had totally slipped my mind by the end of the night! She was seriously the only vendor that came through and executed everything she was supposed to! She is receptive of feedback and dependable, and professional ! She even listened to me go on about some bridesmaid struggles!

Sent on 01/17/2019

Amanda Livick Photography's reply:

You are awesome!! Thank you for this feedback: )

You did such an amazing job planning your wedding! I loved your fairytale theme-- So beautiful.

Cat · Married on 09/30/2017

I loved working with Amanda and recommend her for engagement or wedding photos. She is professional, easy to work with and responded to my emails quickly. She did our engagement photo shoot as well as our wedding. Our pictures turned out awesome and we couldn’t be happier with our vendor choice. My husband and I felt comfortable working with Amanda and she had a great eye picking out specific locations within the venue for our first look, family portraits etc. She also listened and incorporated our ideas that we had for a few poses we wanted to include in our first look.

Sent on 12/07/2017

Breeanna · Married on 07/29/2017

Amanda was awesome! She responded quickly and promptly to all my emails and questions! We worked with Amanda on our engagement photos and they came out perfectly (our photo is here profile pic at the moment :) ). We had sooo many pictures to choose from which I loved and she even worked with my fiance who is not a big smiler and got some great smiles out of him! I wish we could have used her for our wedding but we are getting married in MI!

Sent on 02/28/2017

Amanda Livick Photography's reply:

Hi Breeanna! Thank you for the your kind words. I wish you the best for your upcoming wedding: ) Only a couple more weeks!

Rebecca · Married on 07/15/2017

I am so glad I decided to go with Amanda, she was fun to workwith , very easy going. She is always on top of her game. She made our wedding a very memorable day. I suggest anyone looking to for a great photographer, look no further.

Rebecca Dickerson

Sent on 12/06/2017

Amanda Livick Photography's reply:

Thank you, Rebecca! I loved being a part of your special day: )

Jason · Married on 04/22/2017

Amanda was THEE BEST to work with. From our initial contact with her to our final communications with her, she was extremely professional and responsive to all of our questions and concerns. My wife and I had a small, intimate wedding ceremony and Amanda was able to capture the feeling and love on that day in each every picture. We are extremely grateful to have had Amanda as our photographer and if you're looking for the best, Amanda is that! Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Amanda Livick Photography's reply:

Thank you, Jason! I loved the relaxed vibe of your day: ) Hope you both are doing well!

samantha · Married on 11/12/2016

Amanda was amazing to work with! From the first time we emailed to get the booking starting, she was easy to communicate with and easy to keep in touch with. When we met a few months before the wedding I felt totally comfortable with having her take control! When I received the preview I was blown away, I could not send them out to my friends and family fast enough. I feel like I have already looked over them 100 times.
    She was able to capture more than I could have imagined. She and Josh paid such close attention to details we missed in the whirlwind of a day. They both captured so many amazing moments I never would have been able to see without them. Since we opted out of the engagement session, she agreed to swap that out for coming to the rehearsal dinner. I appreciated the flexibility so much, and I know I will love having pictures from the night before! Amanda and I even met up for drinks after the wedding was over--I felt a true friendship with her and hope to keep in touch! I can't wait to receive the rest of my photos, I know they will be incredible! I have already recommended her to my recently engaged friends, and would to anyone!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Kiran · Married on 10/08/2016

This was Amanda's first time doing an Indian wedding. Not only did she deliver on all of her promises and commitments, she did so with a very eager enthusiasm right from the start! From day one, she expressed sincere interest in learning the details of the ceremony and was very flexible in meeting with our wedding planner to coordinate as much as possible on her end. Even before the big day, she arranged a time to do our engagement shoot in New York (where we were living at the time) while she was visiting a friend.

We were thrilled with the quality of the photos we received, and Amanda delivered them to us very promptly after the wedding. We have a lot of wonderful stills from the weekend and look forward to filling our photo album with so many priceless memories. Overall Amanda was professional, attentive, flexible, and a joy to work with. Having someone so capable in charge of our photography was a much needed stress relief for our family, and we recommend her highly!

Sent on 07/30/2017

Amanda Livick Photography's reply:

Kiran! Thank you! What thoughtful words: )
    I hope you and Leah and doing well. It was wonderful being a part of your fun and beautiful wedding!

Kristin · event on 10/02/2016

Amanda has been photographing my family since 2009 and we love her! She did my wedding, my sister's wedding, and has since photographed our families and kids as well. What I love about Amanda is that she takes the pressure out of the session so we can relax and be ourselves rather than trying to be "perfect." The photos we get are ALWAYS awesome and represent us so well. With a background in fine art photography, she's got a great, creative eye and brings something unique to our photos each and every time. I'd recommend Amanda over and over again!

Sent on 11/11/2016

Tracy · Married on 09/18/2016

Amanda is great! She was extremely accommodating to unanticipated last minute changes. She was eager and willing to work with us & was very creative ! She's also pretty funny which helped ease the stress levels & anxieties - she works extremely well with all kinds of people and types of personalities - we had some difficult ones in our group (0: but she exceeded our very high expectations. But for her patience, enthusiasm, & nurturing personality, I may have lost myself in the production. Equally important: ALL of the pictures turned out great- we couldn't have asked for a more professional, talented blessing of a photographer.

Sent on 11/09/2016
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 09/09/2016

I could not recommend Amanda more! When we first started looking for photographers in the DC area, it seemed like any photographer who had great pictures was extremely high priced. When I found Amanda on weddingwire, I LOVED her pictures that I saw on her webpage and the pricing is amazing. I thought maybe she would not be able to do our wedding since she primarily is based out of Richmond, but she was more than willing to come to our venue (an hour and a half from her) to do our wedding! We told her we really wanted engagement pictures in DC, and she was able to accommodate us and came up to DC on a freezing day to do our pictures -- they turned out amazing! It was so easy to be comfortable around her too! I have seen sneak peeks of our wedding pics that she posts on facebook the day after your wedding, and we were so blown away by them :) . We can't wait to get the rest because we know they will be incredible after seeing her work from our engagement shoot. Another big thing to mention about her is she was very flexible and coordinated. She has you fill out a workbook of any formal pics you want and any locations that are important to you, and is great about telling you if she thinks a different location would be better at different times of day with the angle of the sun. We were super happy with her, and will keep her in mind down the road if we need any professional pictures taken - she was amazing! Also, her second shooter that she had with her also was very easy to work with and they worked very well together! Highly recommend Amanda!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Cora · Married on 07/23/2016

Amanda is the greatest photographer I have ever worked with. She was on time, easy to communicate with and very detailed with her work. She gave us a step by step plan of how thing would run for photos from beginning to end. She also made sure she knew exactly what photos we didn't want her to miss and got every last one. I would want her to be the one to capture every important event to be remembered, and look forward to the chance to work with her again.

Sent on 12/01/2016

I can't say enough good things about Amanda Meyer Photography! From the first phone consultation, Amanda was incredibly professional while also being down to earth and really easy to work with. She was happy to accommodate specific requests for shots we knew we wanted to get on our wedding day and also made helpful recommendations when we weren't sure what we wanted or how something would look. She worked closely with us to make sure we captured the emotions of our wedding day, which was the most important thing to us. She even captured things we didn't think we cared that much about, like the decor--I am not a crafty person and was not that into the decorations--but afterward I was so glad she insisted on shooting all of the details so we could look back on them later on. Everyone says your wedding day will go by so fast but it really did, and I wouldn't have remembered all of the little details if she hadn't gotten them on film. When things didn't go as expected--like when it randomly snowed in April in southern VA!--she just went with it and said "Quick, go outside!" so we could catch it. And of course, those ended up being our favorite pictures from the day. She dealt adeptly with quirky family members and discreetly and professionally handled getting bride and groom approval for any on-the-fly requests from VIPs (mostly parents of the bride and groom). She and her assistant glided so easily in and out of our swarm of guests and did a fantastic job shooting our photo "booth" (not an actual booth but against a blank wall)--I would highly recommend having them do this! People got such a kick out of it and it was the hit of the wedding. Since we did a photo "booth" we were able to see lots of the pictures the very next day. Amanda was timely in getting the full set of pictures up online and the custom USB she sent us--with a picture of us and our wedding date on the sleeve--was so cute and such a nice touch. I cannot recommend Amanda highly enough!

Sent on 07/01/2016

Kaya · Married on 02/22/2015

I have nothing but amazing things to say about working with Amanda for my recent wedding pictures. After seeing her previous work both online and at her office, I knew she was the photographer I wanted for my wedding pictures and video.

I was worried about finding a good location for pictures but Amanda had excellent suggestions and ideas for unique yet stunning shots. Amanda was very accessible throughout the whole process and she ended up making the whole wedding blissful and easy. My fiancee and myself were both nervous, as this was the first time either of us had to select someone for a professional photo shoot, but both she and josh were so helpful throughout the whole day that we forgot we were even having pictures being taken. So during are special day we were able to be simply focused on having fun and enjoying the whole thing. She made sure to capture the poses I wanted as well as several others that I hadn’t even thought of (but ended up loving!).

The quality of the pictures Amanda takes are nothing short of perfect. You can tell that she took her time on each one and that she truly works magic with her camera lens. Furthermore, I was very impressed with the turnaround time on the pictures. All-around, an amazing, fun, knowledgeable photographer and I would highly recommend her for anyone that is looking for a wedding/engagement photographer.”

Sent on 06/28/2015

April · Married on 02/08/2014

Amanda was amazing!!! She did everything I asked for and more!! She did our engagement pictures, bridal portraits, and the wedding day pictures!

When I have a question for her, she reply to me immediately. She did everything based on my schedule!! I was very nervous in getting my pictures done at first but Amanda make it to be a fun and relaxing time!

I don't even remember seeing Amanda and her assistant a lot on our wedding day but they was defiantly there the whole day!! She was got there early and stayed late. She asked me for a list for what we wanting on the our big day. Amanda captured everything that we wanted and more!

Amanda was very fast in getting our pictures done!! And the pictures was perfect!!!

Our family and friends all agree that she is wonderful too!

I am planning in using Amanda in the future!!! :)

Sent on 03/24/2014

Amanda was so easy to work with from the beginning. She immediately made us feel at ease during our meetings. She was very professional and very flexible when it came to working out where and when everything would happen on the big day. We did a First Look - she had such a wonderful eye. She gave just enough direction so that we still felt natural but not awkward. She was wonderful with our families during the formal shots. During the wedding it was like she was everywhere at once! We got to see our Preview recently, and the photos are Beautiful!! We were so happy with them and can't wait to see the rest. We've had tons of compliments on them! Amanda was wonderful and I would recommend her to everyone.

Sent on 11/13/2013

Amanda was wonderful to work with! She has a great eye. We felt that she did a great job capturing the big and small moments of the wedding in a beautiful way. Our wedding was outdoors and Amanda did a great job using the light and shadow to take some gorgeous pictures. She was also incredibly easy to work with. One on one, she made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. During the event, she was unobtrusive and we felt that she worked well with our friends and family during the group shots. I couldn't recommend her enough!

Sent on 10/27/2013

Jessica · Married on 08/03/2013

We were fortunate to hear of Amanda through a recommendation from a friend in the photography world, and we were so happy to have Amanda capture our big day perfectly. Amanda from the get-go was professional, flexible and friendly and made us feel comfortable and our experience personalized. She was organized and comprehensive in her planning pre-wedding and execution at the wedding. Amanda also managed to capture every moment at the wedding without my realizing it, being ever-present and yet not intrusive. The photographs, in turn, came out natural and authentic, somehow encapsulating the feeling of everything without being staged. I would highly, highly recommend Amanda Meyer Photography to any bride with confidence.

Sent on 08/17/2013

Audrey · Married on 05/11/2013

Amanda and her assistant did a wonderful job photographing our special day. We had about 120 guests for an outdoor wedding and reception inside. Amanda was really helpful on working with us to get our special shots and many of our immediate new blended family of 4 kids! She was responsive and worked with us on scheduling our meetings and did attend our rehearsal for a small additional fee that was well worth all the great informal shots of friends and family. It also gave us a chance to see Amanda in action and work with her ahead of time. It was great! We also were really overjoyed with the first preview set which we got via the groom's iPhone as we were waiting in the airport for our flight back from the honeymoon. FIrst off the pictures were wonderful! We all looked amazing and Amanda did a great job at capturing the day and the specialness. Secondly she sent over 100 images as a preview! I was in heaven! It was so special to see the great photos so soon after our event. Amanda was a pleasure to work with and we could not be happier with her work and photographs.

Sent on 07/16/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 05/04/2013

I absolutely loved working with Amanda and cannot say enough great things about her and her work. Amanda took my bridal portraits, our wedding photos and even took some shots of my husband and I at another venue after the wedding, as I was so enamored with her photos. Amanda's attention to detail and her artistic eye are amazing. Amanda and her assistant did a wonderful job capturing so many aspects of our wedding without being intrusive. I have received several compliments from friends about how beautiful the photos are, even the man at the photography store where I had some of them printed commented about how well the shots were framed and lit. Not only are all the photos high quality and beautifully composed, Amanda was a joy to work with in her own right. Amanda was extremely friendly, always happy, and very prompt in replying to all of my questions before and after the wedding. The turn around time for receiving our photos was also super fast! I would highly recommend Amanda to anyone looking for a wonderful photographer. I know I will use her again in the future for sure!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Kate · Married on 11/17/2012

Amanda is not only a wonderful photographer with a keen eye and attention to detail, but is extremely easy to work with in terms of scheduling and responsiveness. Most importantly, she made me feel comfortable during photo-shoots (a huge feat) and easily and beautifully captured both natural moments and formal shots for bridal portraits, wedding, and the reception.
    I first worked with Amanda for my sister's wedding in 2009 and when I became engaged knew I wouldn't have anyone else photograph my wedding!

Sent on 01/04/2013

Kerry · Married on 07/21/2012

Amanda was wonderful at capturing all the moments of the day without making anything feel too staged. She was ever present but never in the way. She worked with the church personnel to ensure she respected their wishes regarding ceremony photography, and coordinated well with the reception vendors to get some great shots. Her creativity and easy-going personality made the official photos unique and comfortable, and her artistic eye provided us with some amazing candids! I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 01/25/2013

Ashleigh · Married on 06/30/2012

I had complete confidence that my wedding photos would turn out great, and Amanda's work far exceeded my expectations. The quality of the photos is amazing, and Amanda is extremely easy to work with. Amanda's photography shows both her professionalism and creativity. I got married about nine months ago, and every time I look at those photos, I can replay the wedding in my mind. I really can't say enough about how wonderful Amanda Meyer Photography is, and I will definitely call on Amanda for any of my photography needs in the future.

Sent on 03/24/2013

Carter · Married on 06/02/2012

I could not say enough good things about Amanda Meyer! First of all, the quality of her work is so high. I had expected good pictures, but was blown away by how amazing they were! My husband literally had to tell me to stop looking at them while we were on our honeymoon. I just could not get enough!

Amanda was SO easy to work with. She is not invasive and is very respectful of everyone involved in the wedding. She was never pushy with me and took real, natural shots as things happened. She captured all the special moments/things that I was hoping to have photos of. I also requested several "formal"/group photos and she was able to take these quickly and efficiently so that we could have fun!

I could go on and on and on about how wonderful Amanda was! If I had do to do everything over again, I would absolutely, without a doubt, use Amanda Meyer again and hope many other people have the pleasure of working with her!

Sent on 06/27/2012

My husband and I used Amanda for our recent wedding, and she also did my portraits before the wedding. I cannot say enough wonderful things about our experience! She was professional yet personable, two things that you don’t always find in a vendor. When preparing for our portrait session she showed her creativity when she called me the morning of and asked whether I had rain boots. She had gone to Target and picked up an umbrella knowing there was the possibility of rain. Not only was this functional, but it made for some great prop photos. The day went so smoothly and the photos that came from it are absolutely stunning. On our wedding day she and her assistant arrived early, scoped out the locations and spent the rest of the day capturing both the important and funny moments. Amanda has a special touch and can capture such beautiful emotions when we as the subjects weren’t even trying. This is testament to her abilities as a professional photographer.

While price was a factor in choosing a photographer, I can confidently say that we got more than our money’s worth. From the first meeting, to the conversations post wedding there was never a flaw, lack of sincerity or lack of professionalism and friendliness. On top of that the turnaround time of receiving the photos was quick. While we got a little tease on her blog within just a couple of days, within a few weeks I had 3 discs waiting for me to view. Her presentation too includes the extra touch that’s so special and leaves a lasting impression. Again, I cannot leave enough positive remarks about the experience with Amanda.

Sent on 06/11/2012