A Love For Cakes Reviews

80 Reviews for A Love For Cakes

A Love For Cakes 1
A Love For Cakes 2
  • User4826316 · event on: 03/12/2016

This was the first time ordering from A Love for Cakes and Sabine was great! She always responded to my emails quickly, created the perfect cake that was asked, and knew exactly what I wanted. Everyone loved the cake and asked for seconds! I will definitely be coming back for future events!

Marilyn Matias-Valentin · Married on 12/15/2018

Quinceanera

Everything about Sabine was wonderful! Her staff, the clean facility, impeccable service. She was precise with what I envisioned and the cake was delicious. My daughter had the best sweet 15!!

A Love For Cakes 3

Dustin · Married on 04/29/2018

The design came out exactly like my wife wanted, and tasted perfect. The filling was creamy and made it perfect.

Liz · event on: 02/04/2017

This was for my parent's 50th Wedding Anniversary. Luckily, I found Sabine by chance. She took the time to discuss what kind of cake we were looking for and gave me a lot of options for cake and filling flavor combinations. I did not have time to schedule a cake tasting, but I did taste a lemon mousse she had just made and it was delicious. We decided on a 3 tiered cake, and she even suggested in making different flavors for each tier. Our top tier and lower tier were vanilla cake with dulce de leech filling and the middle cake was chocolate with white chocolate mousse and raspberries. We also ordered a dozen cupcakes and a dozen cake pops. She was able to deliver it on the date of the event. And everything was a big hit!

Linda · Married on 09/10/2017

Sabine - Thank you so much to a fabulous cake. We ordered a Chanel cake for a bridal shower, It was magnificent (look and taste). Sabine was such a pleasure to work with. Prices are very reasonable. Delivery was prompt. I would highly recommend A Love for Cakes

Nazia · Married on 06/17/2017

My review is really for Birthday cakes...some how the page directs me to review a wedding cake but anyway,
    I contacted Sabine a week and a half prior my son's 1st birthday party...On such a short notice Sabine agreed to take my cake order. She worked with me with the cake design and delivered an impeccable cake to my doorstep. The cake was not only designed beautifully but tasted just perfect! We received many compliments on the cake from our guests. I look forward to continue business with Sabine for my son's many more birthdays to come. :)
    Thanks Sabine

Stephanie · Married on 02/18/2017

Sabine totally nailed my wedding cake! I wanted a wonder woman/batman themed wedding cake that also served as a gender reveal because I was 5 months pregnant at the time. I did a tasting just to get an idea (I’m a first-timer all around). I was stuck between the vanilla cake with vanilla buttercream and fresh strawberries and the coconut cake with the vanilla buttercream. Sabine suggested to do both favors since I couldn’t decide and with good reason! It was absolutely delicious! I didn’t want a very sweet cake because I have family members who are diabetic and I wanted them to actually have a piece of my wedding cake without having to worry about the sugar content (this is my opinion – not Sabine). Sabine’s cakes are semi-sweet which is perfect all around even for me I must say. The strawberries gave that bit of a kick that I was looking for in the vanilla cake and the coconut definitely hit my taste buds the right way without the vanilla buttercream overpowering it. I chose to do 3 tiers (top: coconut cake, middle and bottom: vanilla cake with strawberries). Sabine was open to do the gender reveal (without additional cost) in any way I wanted, so, I decided to do the bottom tier only. My husband and I chose to use our favorite colors to reveal our 1st child’s gender as personal touch (His: red for boy and mine: purple for girl). I was not sure how Sabine was going to nail either of these colors (she said she will do her best) because I wanted the color to be vibrant but she did it and she reassured me over the phone that I was going to be blown away. She was right! We saw a vibrant red color and it was a spectacular! Sabine’s attention to detail is beyond of what I expected. The wedding cake was also a surprise for my husband (he thought it was a floral themed cake) and she remembered that when he dropped off the envelope of our baby’s gender. The cake was delivered on time and she attached the envelope to the box for confirmation.Thank you Sabine for everything!

Melina · Married on 02/12/2017

Sabine , I want to thank you soooooo much for an amazing cake . I ask for something that was very different and you did beyond of what I expected . Everyone enjoy the look and tatste. I would love to add the picture of the expression on my 6 year old he was so excited and happy . Again , thank you so much .

Happy customer ,
    Melina ??

• I

Irene · Married on 01/24/2017

I ordered a Children's Specialty cake for my grandson's 3rd Birthday! I found A Love for Cakes googling Bakeries near me and I am thrilled with this great find! The cake was decorated perfectly. The best mention is that the cake was fantastic inside and out! Worth every penny! My go to from now on!

• FutureMrsML

Michaelle · Married on 08/27/2016

Working with Sabine was a wonderful experience. Her cake flavors are unique and very tasty. For our wedding, we opted for cupcakes with a 6 inch cake for cutting. The cupcake flavors were chocolate cake with white chocolate mousse filling (my favorite) and the 6 inch cake was yellow cake with raspberry mousse filling (my husband's favorite). The guests LOVED the cupcakes. Sabine's rates were very reasonable and they arrived on time as promised. I highly recommend A Love For Cakes for any occasion.

Emily · Married on 03/30/2016

Amazing wedding cakes here at Love for Cakes. The style and presentation of the cakes were amazing and the value is out of this world!

Jean · Married on 01/24/2016

Was blown away by my wedding cake we gave her a picture and she did he rest. They were so nice and plesent from start to finish. She even meet us the day of the snow storm Jonas. highly recommend.

Sabine was wonderful when I contacted her about making a cake for my daughters 1st birthday. She was very accommodating and professional. The design was perfect and the cake was delicious. Would definitely work with her again.

• Rutendo

Rutendo · Married on 09/20/2015

Sabine's cakes are AMAZING! We ordered a 4 tier cake with 2-tiers being red-velvet, and the other 2 tiers being lemon. My goodness they were sooo moist and fresh! Not too sweet but just right. Our guests could not stop raving about how great the cake was. I am sooo happy we saved the top layer for our one year. Thank you Sabine for working with us in creating the amazing cake designs.

I just had my wedding reception in Howard Beach and my cake was fabulous, gorgeous, delious and exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much for your excellent service. I truly recommed Love for Cakes for any event. Mr & Mrs Diaz

Sandy · Married on 05/15/2015

Sabine my husband and I will like to thank you for the magnificent work with our twins baby shower cake. You had the patience to listen, very detail oriented, gave me suggestions, overall very professional. My guest were very impressed with how beautiful and delicious the cake was. Great job!!!

Seema · Married on 04/24/2015

I was in a pickle! I needed a cake in a week because my mother was getting married. She was going to city hall and didn't make much of a big deal about it but as the date was getting closer she wanted the perfect dress, the perfect bouquet, the perfect shoes, and of course the perfect cake!! Who could blame her?! it was her big day after all! I found A Love For Cakes online and they were one of the MANY vendors I asked to assist me in such short notice. Most vendors didn't reply, said they could not make it in time, or said it would cost extra overtop of super expensive prices because of the short notice. But Sabine was great to work with, she answered right away, she gave me INCREDIBLE pricing and assured me she could make the cake of my mothers dream! (I had a picture) unfortunately I didn't have the opportunity to meet Sabine but my boyfriend picked up the cake and said the place smelled like heaven, she was working on other sweets and walking in there he felt like confident the cake was going to be beautiful....then he saw it! A MASTERPIECE!! Better than we even imagined. Wonderful detailing...just gorgeous!!! My mom was blown away, she didn't expect it to be so perfect and when we tasted it...delicious!! This was my first experience purchasing something like this and it was just amazing! Gorgeous and delicious! Sabine was a part of making my moms day that more special! I'm so grateful and pleased with the cake masterpiece from A Love for Cakes.

Jessica · Married on 01/03/2015

My wife and I would like to extend a thank you to Sabine and her staff. Sabine was very patient and detail oriented which, made the process as seamless as possible. The cake and our favors for our wedding were absolutely beautiful and delicious! The flavors were on point, fresh and our guests raved about it. Thanks again and we definitely plan on recommending and using A Love For Cakes in the future!

V. · Married on 12/27/2014

Sabine (the owner) did a fantastic job on our wedding cake. She took my vision of a snowflake cake and made it a reality. The cake was delicious and looked gorgeous. Our cake tasting was amazing, not to mention delicious. At the tasting, Sabine was very accommodating and had it all nicely set up for us. She is also a very lovely person. Because we loved three different flavors, we wound up having each layer a different flavor. We even ordered cake bites for each table (which was amazing); small individual one-bite cakes. Sabine was always responsive to my emails. The cake was delivered without any problems, and she even emailed me to let me know it was delivered (which makes a bride happy to know all is going smoothly.) We were, also, able to rent a cake stand from her; which helped make our cake stand out even more. Overall we were very happy with our wedding cake and experience with A Love for Cakes.

Bill · Married on 10/25/2014

Sabine was extremely attentive to our needs. We gave her only a month and changed the date and time twice. She not only got our order where and when we needed it, she also "got" my fiances vision perfectly. Much thanks to A love for cakes

Janet · Married on 10/04/2014

Our experience with A Love for Cakes was wonderful. Sabine was so easy to work with and was fine when we had to change our cake concept only a few weeks before the wedding. Also, the cake was delicious, which doesn't seem to happen all that often. And it's still delicious a week later! Just a great experience.

Angelica · Married on 10/03/2014

Our cake and dessert bar was amazing, it was everything I envisioned and more. The flavors were spectacular, and the mini desserts at the dessert bar were a huge hit! My cake and mini desserts were customized to fit my fall farm theme, everything from the flavors to the design fit perfectly. So happy :)

Carmen · Married on 08/09/2014

So the cake wasn't for a wedding but for my step daughter's Sweet 16. I found her shop during my daily commute back home from work. After reading wonderful reviews we decided to give her a try. Sabine was super sweet, accommodating and professional. Quick to reply and helpful in designing cake. We were able to coordinate and communicate via telephone, E-mail and in person. Her price is reasonable but most importantly the cake was beautiful and delicious. Everybody complimented the design and taste. Most people at my table couldn't help but to ask for seconds :0) I am currently working with Sabine for my other daughter's Sweet 16 birthday cake which will be Great Gatsby theme cake. We are very excited to see and can't wait to see end result.

Carolina · Married on 06/27/2014

Sabine is just absolutely amazing! I'm so happy that we found her on weddingwire. As soon as I emailed her and told her my ideas, she immediately responded. She was very mindful of our budget which we really appreciated. Sabine made us the most delicious 3 tier Coconut/ Lemon-curd filled "Naked" wedding Cake with coconut scented buttercream and fresh berry decor. It was a total hit at the reception! I have to admit, I was very nervous about it coming out the way I envisioned it. But Sabine did an amazing job, we couldn't be happier with how it looked and how it tasted! Also, I have to mention that she was very accommodating and patient throughout the entire process. After our initial cake tasting, we decided to reach out to her for an additional tasting because we were unsure about our initial choice. Sabine was totally understanding and at an additional cost she allowed us to choose from 4 new flavors, and that's when we picked our final one. She's GREAT!

Jennifer · Married on 06/20/2014

Sabine is a wonderful baker and very accommodating. Like most people in their thirties, I've attended my share of weddings and had my fill of terrible cakes. Since my husband and I were having a small wedding, we particularly wanted the cake to be good. Contacting Sabine via wedding wire, she set up our appointment and prepared a cake tasting. We went with a vanilla butter cake infused with lemon and raspberry mouse filling. Besides saying I Do, the cake was one of my favorite parts.