A Little Something White Bridal Couture Reviews

A Little Something White Bridal Couture 5
A Little Something White Bridal Couture 6
A Little Something White Bridal Couture 7

A Little Something White Bridal Couture
    I was so lucky to find my wedding dress at such a warm, friendly, and accommodating store. From the very first moment that I visited A Little Something White, I knew I had discovered a gem. The store is small and inviting, and full of beautiful dresses that cover a wide range of styles and budgets.

When I arrived for my first appointment, Amber and Ashley made me and my friend feel right at home. They were extremely patient, thoughtful, knowledgeable, and easy to work with. They listened to what I wanted (or thought I did), never pressured me, and helped select amazing dresses for me to try on. I tried on a variety of dresses and ended up liking one much more than the rest. I didn't make a decision that day, but couldn't seem to get that dress out of my mind. When I came back, Amber had the dress ready to try on again, and I was quickly able to make my decision. It was truly an amazing experience going to A Little Something White and I would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone.

Sent on 03/18/2013

I can't say enough good things about A Little Something White in Darien, Connecticut! (http://alittlesomethingwhite.com/)

From the moment we walked in the shop, we were given all the attention and patience we could want. We went into the shop hoping to find my wedding dress, but were uncertain that we would find it (incorrectly thinking that it was a small shop and might not have a large selection). As it turned out, they had tons of dresses in all different styles and I ended up having to narrow down my favorites until I finally picked my dress!! The moment the decision was made, the shop owner popped a bottle of champagne and we all celebrated with a glass!

While we were there, we had my bridesmaids try on some dresses as well...and before we left, we had chosen a dress for them too!

Since the service was so amazing, we chose to order our flower girl dresses and men's ties from A Little Something White as well! From start to finish, they've made everything super easy for us! We've just had to make the decisions, and the shop has taken care of all the little details!

I can't recommend this shop enough! A Little Something White was exactly what a bride pictures when hoping that their dress shopping will be a once in a lifetime experience!

Sent on 03/07/2013

Erin · Married on 08/17/2013

I am so happy to be able to share my review of A Little Something White Bridal Couture. Ashley Krauss is amazing! She is an absolute pleasure to work with - invariably cheerful, very responsive and provides the highest level of service. The boutique is exquisite, and Ashley and her staff provide the bride and her family with a memorable experience - champagne, jelly beans, privacy and lots of light in the store make the experience of choosing a dress even more enjoyable. I loved my experience, I love my dress and I cannot wait to try it one when it arrives in just a few short months. I highly recommend A Little Something White Bridal Couture.

Sent on 03/29/2013

I was never a girly girl and had no clue what I wanted in a wedding dress, so I had a very difficult time deciding which dress was "the one".

I went to at least 15 bridal stores before finding A Little Something White and couldn't be happier with my decision.

Ashley and Amber were extremely patient, allowing me to come back multiple times to try on the dress for my mom / bridesmaids who hadn't yet seen me in it.

I fell in love with the body of one dress but thought I might want a dress with lace....they called the designer and had lace added to the dress.

They organized the bridesmaids dresses so I didn't have to do a thing (they reach out to your bridesmaids for you telling them when they should come into the store, what options for dresses they have, etc.). The bridesmaid dress collection is fantastic.

I can't speak highly enough about Ashley & Amber. They are nice, patient, accomodating and extremely helpful. There were nights where I was late getting out of work and they stayed late for me and when they heard my MOH was sick, they offerred to go to her house to take her measurements.

Before finding a Little Something White, I was in stores that either had nice dresses with snoody people or had nice people but dresses that were not my style at all.

The boutique itself has so many classic beautiful dresses at reasonable prices, it'll be hard to pick!

Sent on 03/07/2013

Kelly · Married on 04/27/2013

Amazing. I found my perfect dress and I love everyone in the store. They are professional and really captured what I was looking for. I highly recommend.

Sent on 01/29/2014

Stacy · Married on 09/17/2016

I found this boutique last minute after the original dress I ordered never arrived. It was one week before my wedding and these ladies brought me in with open arms, greeted me with champagne and helped me find the perfect dress. I was only in CT for work and live 3 hours away, so they were incredibly accommodating when it came to scheduling a fitting - opening their store just for me on a night they were closed. The service here was wonderful and the dress selection was incredible. My dress was absolutely perfect and I have them to thank. I recommend that everyone come here!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Amber and Ashley were absolutely wonderful. The store is beautiful, quiet, and lacked the intimidating quality of NYC bridal dress shopping. The ladies were incredibly accommodating and easy to work with, offering me space and also opinions when I asked. I highly recommend this shop to anyone looking for a personalized, calm, and fun bridal dress shopping experience!

Sent on 10/08/2014

merrin · Married on 10/04/2014

Ashley and her team were AMAZING!!!!! I emailed with Ashley a bit before my appointment about things I liked, but I didn't really think I would find a dress my first time trying. Walking in to the light-filled boutique was amazing- there are so many types of gowns- I couldn't believe all the styles. They had such a range from classic to fashion forward. The whole experience was beautiful! Ashley actually selected my gown for me! It 's not something I would've chosen for myself off the rack, but when I put it on I fell in love! There were almost too many beautiful dresses to choose from, but I could not be happier and I'm so glad that Ashley pulled this dress for me!!!! The veil and belt I got pulled the entire look together and it was amazing that I could get everything in this one shop. I can't recommend it enough!

Sent on 11/05/2014

Stephanie · Married on 09/01/2013

After trying a trunk show sample of one of Liancarlo's dresses in Chicago. I hunted down a shop in the NYC area so that I could try it on again and purchase, so that I wouldn't have to go back to Chicago for alterations each time. (I live in NYC). I searched and found that this designer's work was sold at A Little Something White in Darien, CT, and that the trunk show was there!

I called on a Friday and they were able to take me in Saturday morning! I found it and bought it. The place was so adorable, clean, spacious and modern - unlike my experiences in NYC. Ashley and Amber was so warm and patient with me, as I tried to make my mind between two styles.

Each time I had to come up for my three fittings, they would pick me up and drop me off at the Darien, CT train station. It was so wonderful to go there and escape NYC. I'll actually miss my trips up!

Also, their seamstress, Bridget, was awesome and knew how to bustle and handle my dress. It was the perfect fit. Lastly, they even shipped my dress (insured) to Chicago, and it arrived safe and sound. The dress was wrapped perfectly and done in a way that I actually didn't even need to get it steamed again (it was a tulle dress, so that helped).

I would highly recommend A Little Something White for your dress of your dreams! I always loved looking at the different styles even after I picked mine out, too!

Sent on 09/09/2013

Meredith · Married on 06/18/2016

ALSW was such a great team! I fell in love with the fourth dress I tried on for my wedding, was encouraged that I go with my gut and I couldn't have been happier with the results. They dealt directly with the designer and helped me make decisions every step of the way. Same exact support for my bridesmaids dresses as well. Thumbs up for this wonderful business.

Sent on 06/24/2016

A Little Something White Bridal Couture's reply:

Meredith, thank you!! We absolutely loved working with you and your bridesmaids, and you looked stunning on your wedding day! Please keep in touch!

Caitlin · Married on 04/30/2016

I can't say enough good things about A Little Something White! I was married this past April and purchased my gown through the shop last year. They have a great selection and the sales associates were very informative and friendly. Ashley, the owner, was so personable and always available with advice for both my family and her staff. She was the perfect balance for a shop owner in that she was professional and got things done efficiently while also having a warm and approachable attitude every time I saw her. The seamstresses did an amazing job-my only advice would be to schedule your fitting dates with a lot of notice as they are very busy and like to stick you with the same seamstress each time. I did not schedule mine until my dress came in and it required a bit of flexibility from both parties. I would recommend the shop to anyone!

Sent on 06/10/2016

A Little Something White Bridal Couture's reply:

Caitlin, thank you so much for such a sweet review! We absolutely loved working with you and hope you had a wonderful wedding day! Don't forget to send us pictures...we know you looked stunning!

Julie · Married on 09/18/2015

A Little Something White is amazing. This is such a charming, beautiful bridal shop, and the women there clearly love what they do. I went to a sample sale there after receiving an email announcement from The Knot. It was my first time trying on dresses and I did not expect to go home with one since my wedding was 15 months out. I thought it would just be a fun afternoon with my mom and Maid of Honor to start seeing what I liked. I tried on a few dresses I had seen online and did not like them on me at all. I sincerely thought I wasn't ready to get one. Well, I was wrong. I tried on THE dress. It was perfect. We all cried. Kim, my consultant, was great. She was ready with a veil and had me stand far from a full-length mirror to see what my future husband will see when I walk down the aisle. It sealed the deal. The champagne came out for all of us as soon as I said yes to the dress - which I got for more than half off, by the way. The champagne was a really nice touch. No pressure here either. Since I was there for the sample sale, I got to choose dresses from a section in the back of the store. But all the regular price dresses are out on the floor for brides to choose from. The consultant does not just pick for you from a huge stock room. I liked that a lot. Definitely recommend A Little Something White!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Kimberly · Married on 08/15/2015

I got my wedding dress at A Little Something White. I scheduled an appointment after learning that they carried the designer I was looking for. They had the dress I had been eyeing, and I happily chose it! I also got my veil, earrings and bracelet for the wedding there. The staff was very helpful, and the seamstress was amazing. She turned an already beautiful dress into the perfect dress for my body. Except for one alterations appointment when the boutique was crazy busy, every visit was fun and relaxed. Definitely worth making an appointment here, they have gorgeous gowns and knowledgeable consultants!

Sent on 10/28/2015
  • Jamie

Jamie Bergen · Married on 09/15/2018

Must get your dress at alsw

I could talk about how amazing A Little Something White Bridal Couture is all day. I was sure I wanted a full lace gown with sleeves, and when I tried on my dream dress it was a FLOP! Kim was ESSENTIAL in helping me find my dress, and put me in something I swore I would NEVER wear, but ended up loving!! Strapless, form fitting, NO LACE, gown :) It was PERFECT! I said "YES" to a beautiful Suzanne Neville gown, which I paired with a custom bolero (also purchased at ALSW) and a custom veil (purchased elsewhere).

The store itself is beautiful, clean, and organized. Not once did you feel overwhelmed by dresses or by other brides in the store.

I also purchased my bridesmaids dresses from ALSW. The first dresses we ordered were Hayley Paige and had a beaded bodice with a chiffon skirt... problem being, that when they came in a mere 8 weeks before my wedding, the top and bottom were NOT the same color. Liz and Kim killed it and we were able to have all the bridesmaids return their original dresses, and order them new ones (also from Hayley Paige). I honestly don't know what I would have done without Kim and Liz!

Sent on 12/28/2018
    A Little Something White Bridal Couture 8
    A Little Something White Bridal Couture 9
    A Little Something White Bridal Couture 10
    A Little Something White Bridal Couture 11
    A Little Something White Bridal Couture 12

3.0

A Little Something White has the best selection of bridal gowns and are VERY accommodating and worked with me closely throughout the entire process. I bought jewelry, my gown and my veil from their. Their tailor is incredible and the staff is amazing!

Sent on 08/04/2014

Haley · Married on 06/22/2013

3.5
      3.5

Ashley and Amber are a terrific duo and their attention to detail is unmatched at bigger salons in the city. The dress selection is extensive given the size of the boutique and the jelly bean selection is also incredibly impressive. A great overall experience.

Sent on 07/10/2013

Patt · Married on 07/14/2018

4.2
      2.0

The salon was absolutely beautiful and the service we received was impressive. The consultant listened to my daughter and picked a dress out for her that was breathtaking - exactly what she was looking for, but would never have described or thought existed. My only concern was that the consultant put her in this beautiful dress without telling us that the dress was $1000 over her budget. While my husband and I were ready to just purchase the garment, my thrifty daughter decided to wait and expand her search.

Sent on 04/18/2017

Melissa · Married on 05/27/2018

1.0
      1.0
      2.0

I grew up in Connecticut but live out of state. I chose to go dress shopping in Connecticut first, so that I could include my mom, grandmother, and sister that still live there. I went to A Little Something White and found a dress I absolutely loved! I worked with Kim and she was great with pulling dresses based on my style until I found the perfect one!! I was a little unsure about ordering the dress to ship to my house in another state, because I wouldn't be able to make the trip up to Connecticut for my alterations. Kim assured me that the office could provide me a list of seamstresses in my area that they trust. I was sold and ended up buying the dress. At the time of purchase I was told that I would be sent a list of seamstresses soon after.

I reached out to the store 4 months after buying the dress asking for the list so that I could start calling around. At this time Kim told me that the store owner would look into it for me. 4 months after that I contacted Kim again since I still did not receive a list. I was told that she would go to the store that day and look for me. Again, I did not hear back. At this point my dress had come in. I asked another office manager about getting a list and was told that she contacted the owner, Ashley. After another two weeks of trying to get the list I contacted Ashley directly who apologized and said she would touch base with me in a few days. This was almost TWO MONTHS ago. I still have not received a list and have since taken matters into my own hands and found a seamstress in my area on my own since my wedding is in two months.

I am incredibly disappointed with the level of service provided by A Little Something White. After spending thousands of dollars on my wedding dress and hair piece from them, I found them to be unreliable and unorganized. I would NOT recommend them to any current or future brides. While their dress selections are beautiful the management of the business was very poor.

Sent on 03/13/2018

A Little Something White Bridal Couture's reply:

Hi Melissa, thank you so much for expressing your concerns here. I personally sent you an email with seamstress recommendations on both January 31st and February 1st, and I'm not sure why you didn't receive my emails. We will call you tomorrow to discuss this as we are horrified that you feel abandoned by us. With respect to the initial wait to find a seamstress recommendation, we typically wait until a bride's gown arrives at the store to solicit recommendations from other bridal salons in her area, as those stores' ability to do the alterations depends on their volume at the time, and they don't always know that months in advance. Either way, we should have been more communicative to you during that time. We absolutely love you and feel so bad that you feel this way about us. We will call you tomorrow!