A la Mode Pies Reviews

16 Reviews for A la Mode Pies

• Allison

Allison · Married on 10/05/2019

Awesome Alternative to Cake

Cake is good, but we wanted something different and love pie. We had rave reviews from our guests and almost no pies left! A La Mode was easy to work with, had a wide variety of flavors, and even offered decorative pie stand rentals.

Sent on 10/29/2019

Rachael · Married on 09/15/2018

Oh my goodness, I can not say enough good things about A La Mode. We worked with Kinsey at the Phinney Ridge location and the process was a breeze. Due to my first vendor being a unreliable and flaky, we were forced to find a new pie vendor 3 weeks before our wedding. Within a day of emailing A La Mode, we got a response with all of the answers to our questions. We wound up ordering 4 dozen pie babies, 4 dozen pie pops, and 5 large pies. I think we ordered something in every flavor that was available, in addition to renting 5 pie stands. We paid the full amount up front so we had no issues with payment. The order was ready on the counter when we arrived to pick things up, and the staff helped us load our vehicle.
    The pie was INCREDIBLE!! I asked our guests throughout the wedding which pies they had tasted and what they thought (we ran out of some before I could taste each flavor myself) and it was a complete toss-up. Everyone loved the pie!!

Sent on 09/18/2018

K · Married on 02/24/2018

These pies were the highlight of our wedding. No joke, our guests were more excited for dessert than they were to see us get married. And the excitement was deserved, because everything was delicious. We opted to rent display stands and have A la Mode deliver everything. Totally worth the extra charge because they set up the dessert table beautifully with little decorative accents and signage (which I wasn't expecting, so what a fun surprise!). They were super easy to work with at all stages, and I highly recommend hiring them if you want to eschew the traditional cake.

Sent on 03/27/2018

Megan · Married on 10/28/2017

Amazing pies!!! Great tasting experience! We booked them for our wedding. Very affordable for the kind of pies! Highly recommend if your looking for a different option for your wedding or event

Sent on 02/22/2017
  • Alli

Alli · Married on 05/07/2016

My husband and I aren't fans of wedding cake, but we LOVE pie.

Before looking for pies for our wedding, we found A la Mode online, saw they had great reviews and set up time for a tasting. They lived up to every good review they ever received!

During our tasting, we had a slice of every pie they offered during the time our wedding would take place (and some seasonal ones. We did our tasting in the fall and I highly recommend the Pumpkin Pie. YUM!). Every single pie they offer is delicious. It was really tough choosing 4 flavors.

But we ended up going with Spiced Apple, Marionberry Hazelnut, White Chocolate Banana Cream, and Chocolate Caramel Pecan. The guests loved pie as an alternative and so did we!

I highly recommend A la Mode for your wedding pie needs, or just a slice of pie if you happen to be in Phinney Ridge.

Sent on 05/17/2016
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/12/2015

We had A la Mode Pies make 2 pies for our wedding. We went in 2 weeks before our wedding to an unofficial tasting. My husband and I just wanted to try the pie before we confirmed our decision.

We picked a flavor that we both liked and ordered 2. When the owner found out that we were ordering pie for our wedding he sent us home with a slice on the house.

Everyone absolutely raved about the pies. We didn't order pie for everyone (we had Ben & Jerry's ice cream!), but everyone that ate it loved it.

Sent on 11/03/2015

Hilary · Married on 07/24/2015

Absolutely delicious!! Chris was great. He insisted I went in for a tasting and I am so glad I did! My fiancé wasn't able to make it, so Chris was sure to send home samples for him to try at home. They were all delicious, making choosing just a few very difficult!

The display A la Mode set up at my wedding was beautiful. The pies were to die for. We had the Cherry (my fav), Blue Hawaiian, and the Key Lime. I heard many say it was the best Key Lime pie they've ever had! My husband, who isn't really into pie LOVED the Blue Hawaiian and of course the Cherry was excellent!

Sent on 08/11/2015

Jessica · Married on 06/27/2015

A la Mode Pies lived up to its reputation for my wedding, with great food and service.

When my fiancee and I walked into the store for our pie tasting appointment, Chris greeted us with a smile and gave us several samples. His knowledge and enthusiasm helped make it an easy decision to choose A la Mode for our wedding dessert. In fact, the only difficult decision was which flavors to pick because all of the samples were so delicious! This may have been the best part of our wedding planning process.

During and after the wedding, many of our guests told us how much they enjoyed the four flavors of pie we provided. The Spiced Apple, Blue Hawaiian, Key Lime, and Mexican Chocolate were all a hit. We were even lucky enough to have some leftover to enjoy during our honeymoon! Highly recommended.

Sent on 07/31/2015

Lesley · Married on 03/14/2015

We got married on 3.14.15, or pi day for those of you slightly less nerdy than us. Therefore we knew we had to have pie, but didn't have our act together until several weeks before our wedding and were uncertain whether we'd have pies worthy of our epic date. We met with Chris at the Seattle wedding show and the rest is history. Despite already having two weddings booked that day, he was more than accommodating in scheduling our tasting, winning us over with his awesome personality and professionalism, and and making us feel confident in his services and ability to deliver on such a busy day. He even baked the pie we cut in our own personal pie dish, and was more than understanding when a snafu with our coordinator meant we accidentally took his pie stands hostage for more than our agreed upon rental period.

And the pies themselves. Oh. My. Heavens. So amazingly delicious, and such a wonderful variety that our guests were raving about them all night. The best part was that the pies that were served at our wedding were actually even better than those we tried at the tasting - and from how delicious they were at our tasting I'm still not quite sure how they did it. If you're looking for an awesome dessert to deviate from the standard wedding cake, look no further than A la Mode, and you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 03/19/2015

Laura · Married on 09/14/2013

So so impressed with A La Mode Pies. We knew we wanted pie, so we tried a couple vendors in Seattle. The experience at A La Mode was far superior! The pie itself was way better, and the owner Chris was so helpful.

Our pies were a huge hit! We had out caterer cut the five pies into small pieces and had everyone self serve their own so they could try multiple types. The response we got was fantastic. So often I go to weddings and the cake is so dry, and that is just not the case with fresh baked pies. Thanks A La Mode!

Sent on 10/20/2013

Mariya · Married on 06/29/2013

They made some pies for our wedding in addition to the cake we had purchased elsewhere. The cake was great, but their pies blew it out of the water. I wish we had all pies and no cake ha ha. Very good pie there!

Sent on 07/10/2013

These pies were probably the best part of our wedding! Our guests were raving about how delicious they were all night! Not only were they delicious, but the presentation was beautiful! I would highly recommend A La Mode pies for your wedding.

Sent on 07/13/2012

Lindsay · Married on 07/04/2010

If you're looking for a twist on the traditional wedding cake, look no further than A La Mode Pies, a specialty pie maker in Seattle, WA. Owner and master pie-guy Chris Porter served up a variety of seasonal pies, as well as Lolli Pies as favors. The pie table itself was a work of art. No one missed cake. :)

Sent on 09/14/2010
  • Claire

Claire · Married on 07/23/2016

Some of the yummiest pie I've had. They had a pre-wedding tasting and were so easy to communicate with. We did pay for them to set it up though and their set-up was lacking. For $100 they provided small signs and a little extra fruit and did nothing with the props we provided. As long as the stick to making pies and not doing decor it'll be great!!!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Heather · Married on 08/26/2017

The pies were amazing! All of our guests raved about them and went back for several pieces. Such a hit! The only thing I would suggest is that they offer delivery outside of Seattle (I was married in Redmond) and pickup of their pie stands and dishes. It was a lot to coordinate and added to the stress of the day. I'm sure other couples would be willing to pay an upcharge.

Sent on 09/10/2017

2.0
      3.0
      3.0
      2.0

Let me start by saying that the pie was DELICIOUS! Pie for my wedding was a great addition. However, they were very unorganized and challenging to work with. The person who we originally did the tasting and booking with stopped working there at some point, and there was no hand-off of her orders. So a month before the wedding, I went on a wild goose hunt to get the details finalized for my wedding. When I went to pay the final balance, not only could they not find my order, but they had to call the other store to figure out how to take my check and give me a reciept (without adding tax). For the sake of the pie, I am hoping that they can get more organized to help future couples.

Sent on 07/25/2018