A Handful Salon Reviews

10 | Scarborough, ME

10 Reviews for A Handful Salon

• Liana

Liana · Married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful work and very timely

I contacted A Handful Salon to inquire about hair and makeup for my wedding and received an email back within the same day. The bridal party consisted of 9 girls plus myself doing both hair and makeup with an early ceremony AND pictures beforehand. They arrived on-sight super early to start the getting ready process and worked efficiently to get through all the ladies ahead of schedule. Everyone loooved their hair and makeup (including a few skeptics that had bad experiences in the past)! The prices were reasonable and the stylist/artist were professional and friendly. They definitely took the stress out of the day and added to the positive vibe while we were getting ready. I would recommend A Handful Salon to every bride! I only wish I lived closer so that I could go to the salon for my routine beauty needs.

Sent on 10/15/2019

A Handful Salon's reply:

Liana, thank you so much for your feed back! You and your bridal party were such a joy to work with! Thank you fir having us be a part of your big day. I wish you lived closer also, but know we are always here if you need anything from us in the future. So happy for you both! Your wedding was beautiful!
  • Alexandria

Alexandria Van-Lare · Married on 08/24/2019

Last minute booking with 5 star service

I was in a very awful situation where the hairstylist I booked 6 months ago cancelled last minute. I was even more super anxious because I have an unusual case in that I had purchased a wig for this wedding because it was fuller than my natural hair.
    Not many stylists were willing to work with a hairpiece and finding a hairstylist for your wedding day on a Saturday. With 5 days notice is a long shot . I trusted kelly would be awesome after a short phone conversation, we scheduled a bridal trial and she nailed it on the first shot. I sent my wig home with her so she could take her time and pre style it, she came on time on my wedding day, completed the final look , and thanks to her hard work I was able to be the bride I aspired to be on my wedding day ! I would recommend kelly , not just for her talent, but for her professionalism , honesty and more than fair pricing , my husband and I will never forget. Her work will be seen and awed by many generations to come when they see how she made me into a princess on 8/24/19!

Sent on 08/30/2019

A Handful Salon's reply:

Alexandria, It was so amazing for me to be a part of your big day! You all were amazing...
    Thank you for having the confidence in me. I know I had never worked with a lace wig before, but it was an incredible experience for me and would love to do them again! You were a beautiful bride! Congratulations to you both, I am so glad your wedding day was everything you dreamed it would be!
  • Lindsay

Lindsay B · Married on 06/22/2019

Awesome Services

Not being someone who normally spends a lot of time on hair and makeup, I felt like it was daunting looking for the perfect people to help on my wedding day. I was SO relieved when I found Kelly and Mattie, who both made the process so easy, and gave me hair and makeup that I was so proud of for my wedding. I felt natural and beautiful, and they spared no attention with my bridesmaids and moms. They also fit right into our "getting ready" environment, and I was so happy to have them there.

Sent on 07/30/2019

A Handful Salon's reply:

Lindsay, thank you so much for letting us be a part of your big day! It was our pleasure. Its one of my favorite things to be apart of in our industry!

Ashley · Married on 07/09/2016

Me and my bridal party went to A Handful Salon and had an amazing time! I would defiantly recommend them to anyone. They called right back and were very informative and helpful. Thank you girls for making my day a day to remember.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Stephanie · Married on 06/10/2016

The staff at a Handful Salon were spectacular! They worked together as a team to make sure my party of 6 was happy and well taken care of. They always leave just enough time between appointments so for the two hours we were there we were their only customers. We all got mani/pedis and Loved the quality of them! They take their time to make sure it's done right! Love these ladies!

Sent on 08/23/2016

Ruth · Married on 06/04/2016

I've been a client for more than 15 years on time almost always fussy about details and very clean!

Sent on 07/12/2016

kelsey · Married on 11/16/2013

love this place . We found them on google and couldn't have been happier . i scoped out the salon first and met with the owner . They were very clean and inviting . They let us have the salon for the day . was so great to have hair, makeup and nails done in one place . The staff went way over board helping us with any thing we needed . will be back !!

Sent on 11/19/2013

Tiffany · Married on 07/27/2013

I had my wedding at their salon . So nice we had the salon to ourselves . We received a champagne toast and the staff was so helpful . It made my day so relaxing . They have an awesome pedicure thrown for two . My nails , hair and toes couldn't have looked better . Thank you ladies .

Sent on 08/05/2013
  • User3198845 · 2+ years ago

This salon is fantastic ! Kelly is so accommodating, she has come to my house on occasion to give me my pedicures & manicures. The shop itself is very clean & friendly, I look forward to my appointments! :-)

Sent on 04/15/2013
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 10/10/2020

3.2
      2.0
      2.0

Friendly but not good quality.

The owner was very friendly, professional, and flexible. However my makeup artist was unable to accomplish what I was looking for during our trial even after several attempts. The result was messy, bad quality, and was almost completely gone no less than two hours later. There was no face coverage and she could not do winged liner. She did a little better with my maid of honor but she wasn’t happy with her result either. I ended up having to hire someone else for my makeup.

Sent on 10/25/2020