59 Reviews for A Gift of Taste

Setup (8)
Consultations (7)
Fresh Fruit (1)
59 A Gift of Taste Reviews

The cake tastes great! We ordered a 3-tiered cake for our wedding and it turned out beautifully! Not only was the icing beautiful, but the baker was also able to coordinate with our florist to use fresh flowers for decoration as well. This shop offers free tastings, during which you are able to browse pictures of previous cakes and discuss exactly what you want with the baker. They were also able to deliver the cake directly to our venue in Ventura. I would highly recommend their services.

Profile Picture Marie, 9/24/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Fresh Fruit

What can I say except for A Gift Of Taste made my wedding memorable! I sent my inspiration photo and this cake exceeded my expectations. Everyone was talking about the showstopper ! Add to each bite was worth every calorie

Photos
Profile Picture Shell, 9/15/17, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

A Gift of Taste has amazing cakes. Being an out-of-state bride we were so happy to have a last minute cake tasting to decide flavors. They were all so good it was hard to choose. She filled out a worksheet of what I wanted and I showed her a picture of an ombre cake I loved on Pinterest. That was the only communication we had and she delivered exactly what we wanted. Thank you again for such a perfect cake!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 5/6/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Best cake I've ever tasted! The available flavors were amazing. And they were extremely professional.

Profile Picture Samantha, 3/5/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Cris made my vision come to life. She was a pleasure to work with- super nice, understanding, great ideas on taste and combinations, and not pushy. My cake was beautiful, perfect, simple, and tasted AMAZING. We had two flavors: chocolate with peanut butter cream filling and vanilla with a champagne filling and raspberry preserves. Everyone was blown away by the flavor and the moistness of the cake. If you're looking for some yummy cake and amazing artistry, then A Gift of Taste is the choice to make!!

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/23/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes

My wedding cake was so beautiful and so yummy. Everyone at the wedding kept telling me how yummy the cake was and who had done it. It looked exactly how I wanted my wedding cake to look like. Thanks again

Profile Picture User6768795, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake with A Gift of Taste bakery was included as part of a package with Wedgewood at Sterling Hills.

Cris was wonderful in helping us choose a cake and filling, which wasn't easy planning an out of state wedding. We went with a chocolate cake with chocolate hazelnut cream filling and it was delicious!

Where A Gift of Taste really shined though was in the design. We requested a board game themed cake based on a picture I found online, and they made it look amazing. If I can figure out how, I will upload a picture.

Profile Picture Rahul, 2/29/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Custom Design, Delivery, Cakes

Chose a wedding cake that I had seen on pinterest. And a Gift of Taste really brought my cake to life.. even with all my annoying changes. They were attentive to my expectations. Thank you so much for making my wedding cake vision to life!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 9/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Not only was my cake absolutely gorgeous but it tasted great! A gift of taste is my go to for all cakes because they are moist and delicious and always look amazing. The owner Cris is a true artist and always goes above and beyond. Every family event we get a cake from A gift of taste from my parents wedding to my own and each one is more delicious than the last.

Profile Picture Candice, 9/12/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We went for our tasting, and they were most professional and very accommodating. They had some amazing cakes on display, and helped us create our perfect design. The flavors were AMAZING, the raspberry lemon chiffon was to die for, the sample pieces were very large generous portions. Now we can't wait for our cake at the wedding!

Profile Picture Nichole, 5/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

A Gift of Taste made us the most beautiful and tasty cake for our wedding on April 10! We had so many comments on how delicious the cake was and we kept the top tier for our anniversary next year! They were very professional and communicated with us on every detail of our cake. When we saw it on our wedding day we were completely impressed. I would recommend them highly to anyone in need of a wedding cake in the Ventura area!

Profile Picture Erin, 4/10/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

AGOT was amazing! They gave us everything we wanted and helped us stay in budget! The cakes tasted amazing!!! I would use them again for any celebration!

Profile Picture Suzanne, 6/28/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Chris at A Gift Of Taste is AMAZING!!! She was extremely helpful in the process of choosing the type of cake we wanted for our wedding. She gave us excellent recommendations in regard to the decorations we chose for our cake. We got exactly what we wanted and got lots of compliments on both the appearance and the taste of our cake.

Profile Picture Nadeana, 6/8/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

We decided to have cupcakes which was great because it allowed us to select three delicious flavors. The design was beautiful and the cake was incredible.

Profile Picture Loryn, 5/10/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

The Best cake I have ever had, The butter cream was wonderful as well as the service!

Profile Picture User4695159, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Chris at "A Gift of Taste" was extremely accommodating. My husband (now) and I had no idea what kind of wedding cake we wanted, we just knew what we didn't want. We tried 3 different types of cake & filling and were amazed at them all. The same day we had taste tests with 3 other Bakery's in the area but none came close. We were adamant on having butter cream frosting which is harder to work with with and doesn't last as long as fondant, but Chris worked miracles with the frosting and I can truly say our wedding cake was The most BEAUTIFUL & DELICIOUS ever made! We had 4 round layers 2 were white cake with lemon zest and lemon chiffon with fresh strawberries & 2 were chocolate cake (with chocolate chips) and chocolate mousse with raspberries!! Most of the guests, we heard later, all went back for at least 1 more piece of cake, if not more! I just want to add that our caterer had outstanding food at the meal & many appetizers so no one was starving, the cake was just that GREAT!
The cake was decorated exactly how we asked and was stunning!
We could not have been more happy with "A Gift of Taste"! We recommend this bakery for any special event you have & especially weddings!!

Profile Picture Merry, 3/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

We got our wedding cake as part of a package through Wedgewood Event Services, and so expected a mediocre cake. A Gift of Taste surprised us with a delicious cake that was customized exactly how we wanted it, all without charging extra.

Profile Picture User3799418, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

My cake was just like I imagined it! Everything was exactly the way we designed it when we first met with this bakery and tasted even better. All of our guests told us how good our cake was. We would definitely use them again.

Profile Picture Brandy, 10/3/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I am a Wedgewood Sterling Hills bride. A few months before our wedding I met with Cris at A Gift of Taste. We picked out our flavors and designed one tier(out of 3).
I was supposed to contact her when I decided what I wanted on the remaining tiers. I completely forgot in the craziness of DIY wedding planning.
A week before the wedding, she contacted me and I completely handed over the reins.
My cake was a surprise and I couldn't have been any more pleased with what was presented.
A beautiful cake with my tattoo on one tier, and the WuTang logo tastefully hidden on another. All things that were discussed but I had no idea how she would pull it off.
INCREDIBLE JOB CRIS!! Thank you:)

Profile Picture Brittany, 9/29/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was amazing, every detail we asked for was spot on and was exactly what we asked for. They were very helpful in helping us make decisions regarding the design of our cake and made many helpful suggestions to help design the cake we wanted.
Very nice, very helpful and the cake was amazing!

Profile Picture Mark, 9/28/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I got my cake from A Gift Of Taste for my wedding. I got really good service from Cris and her staff. The Cake was very beautiful and gorgeous! I cant get over how amazing the cake looked and taste. They did such an awesome job and I will definitely go back again. Thank you so much Cris!

Profile Picture Cynthia, 8/30/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

A Gift of Taste is a wonderful bakery. Everyone is very helpful and creative. When meeting with Chris she was very informative and recommended their popular flavors as well as what fillings would match the cake best. The cake came exactly how we had discussed and was WONDERFUL in flavor. All my guests were commenting how moist and flavorful it was.

Profile Picture Heather, 6/15/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

This place was amazing. The cakes we tried were so delicious my husband and I couldn't decide what flavor to get, do we ended up getting both. The staff was so patient when we were deciding what we wanted our cake design to be. Have been recconmending this bakery to all my friends because they are so talented.

Profile Picture Andree Claire, 6/15/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

great cake and very easy to work with. Although my fiance and i only got two bites of our cake before being dragged away for more pictures or events it was still delicious. Thanks Gift of Taste

Profile Picture Christina, 4/27/13, 5 Reviews