A Gala Affair Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Nicole R. Married on 10/17/2021

Pulled Everything Together in Two Months!

Deborah was great to work with - two months before our wedding date we decided to actually have a small reception and we were under the gun to get everything organized. We had a different florist for the church ceremony and Deborah coordinated with Leah (It’s So Ranunculus) to make sure the florals matched. Even when things were overwhelming, Deborah was calm and super-organized.

We received many compliments on the flower arrangements at the tables - they were unexpected and not something I’d really seen before. Deborah helped pull everything together to achieve the small and meaningful reception we wanted!
  • Victoria
    Victoria D. Married on 10/02/2021

Still dreaming of the flowers from my wedding day

Just like many women, I had been dreaming of this day for as long as I could remember and Deborah at A Gala Affair brought that vision to life flawlessly. A Gala Affair went above and beyond with every detail and truly cares that the resulting work is exactly what you want for your wedding day. She was extremely responsive, thoughtful and detail oriented. Myself and my guests are still blown away by the way her artful florals transformed my wedding venue into an elegant, chic event. I can't speak more highly of her and can't wait for an opportunity to work together again.
  • Mackenzie
    Mackenzie W. Married on 10/01/2021

Loved working with A Gala Affair!

We loved working with Deborah to plan our florals for our wedding! Our vision changed over the course of our engagement, and Deborah was happy to work with us to update our proposal so that our florals were exactly what we imagined come wedding day. Several people commented on how beautiful the bouquets were, and the greenery she used to decorate the tent was stunning.

A Gala Affair's reply:

It was such an honor to be a part of your beautiful and very fun day! Thank you for the very kind review. Wishing you a wonderful New Year filled with even more adventures and love. Xo
    Molly F. Married on 06/12/2021

Best flowers ever!!

A Gala affair created the most beautiful and stunning atmosphere for our wedding day. Deb and I had worked together for over a year since we had to reschedule our wedding and she was always so positive and understanding of the situation we were in. I was truly blown away when Deb dropped off my bridal bouquet and bridesmaids bouquets, they were so perfect and beautiful and almost an exact replica of the original inspiration photo I sent her but even better!! She completely understood the bohemian beachy chic vibe that we were going for from the start, I never had to over explain anything she just always got it! When we walked into our cocktail hour and reception venue we were absolutely stunned at how perfect everything was, the whole room smelled like fresh flowers!! Guests were coming up to us left and right telling us how beautiful everything was. We are so lucky to have found A Gala Affair and truly have the wedding of our dreams!

A Gala Affair's reply:

Molly;) thank you for the kind review! We had so much fun creating your vision and working with your other vendors! It was a perfect day and wishing you both a lifetime of love! Xo
    Catherine Married on 05/28/2021

A Gala Affair was amazing!

We cannot say enough good things about Deborah. Her prices came in very reasonable, she knew our venue so well and helped round out and fill in things we hadn’t thought of, was easy to keep in touch with, and did an absolutely beautiful job. The venue was glowing and it truly is due to her work.

A Gala Affair's reply:

It was such an honor to be a part of your day. Your vision was gorgeous and we loved making it come to life. Thank you for the kind review. Xo
  • Amy
    Amy C. Married on 05/20/2021

Beautiful job done by Deb!

Planning a micro wedding, during a pandemic, short notice, was not easy but Deb took away alot of that stress! From start to finish she made things super easy. What set her apart from other florists was that her pricing is not “one size fits all”. She sent over a list of examples/prices and let us choose exactly what we wanted.

She did a beautiful job and we would definitely recommend her to anyone!
  • Ariedne
    Ariedne L. Married on 11/23/2020

Hands Down The Best!!!

Deb is truly AMAZING. Her work is stunning. She made my dream/vision a reality for our wedding and I could not be more grateful! I highly recommend her services to everyone. You will not be disappointed. She is worth every penny!!! Thank you again so much for everything! =)

A Gala Affair's reply:

Ariedne, it was so wonderful to be a part of your special day and meet your beautiful family. Wishing you a lifetime of love. Xo
  • Lauren
    Lauren K. Married on 10/24/2020

Absolutely magical flowers and decorations!

Working with Deborah to pinpoint the look we wanted for our wedding flowers and venue was a fantastic experience. We knew we wanted a clean, romantic look, weren't sure of much else. Deb took our vague direction and turned it into a gorgeous reality. She was so communicative and made our venue look like a dream--so many of our friends and family reached out after the fact to tell us that it was one of the most beautiful weddings they'd ever seen. This was not thanks to our clarity of vision, but Deb's. Cannot recommend "A Gala Affair" enough!

A Gala Affair's reply:

Lauren, we loved being a part of your day! It was gorgeous and we loved working at the Inn at Mystic. Thank you for trusting us with your vision and letting us develop it. Wishing you so much love! Xo
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey Married on 10/11/2019

Beautiful wedding floral!

My wedding floral and decor came out even more beautiful than I could have imagined!
    Deb patiently listened to all my ideas during our meetings and truly took the time to understand my vision to make it come to life. Months later our family and friends are still talking about how beautiful everything looked. Not only is Deb extremely talented at what she does- but she is also such a kind person and truly amazing to work with. We are so happy we chose A Gala Affair for our wedding and could not recommend it enough- you won’t be disappointed!!!
    Jessica Married on 06/23/2019

Perfection at Compass Rose

Deb is AMAZING! I am one of those people who spent months researching vendors and Deb/A Gala Affair came highly recommended. She met with my fiancé and I and listened to exactly what we wanted. I was able to give her a vision (Thank You Pinterest) and a budget and she made our wedding the most beautiful day we could have ever asked for! She even had a lookbook for us to see exactly what things would look like!
    She is very responsive to questions and concerns and was always quick to get back to us (something that’s very much appreciated during that stressful time!).
    Deb was so helpful the day of our wedding. I had forgotten to tell her we needed flowers for my flower girls (I realized this right before I was walking down to the ceremony!). She was amazing and within what seemed like seconds had flower petals for us!
    We can’t say enough about A Gala Affair! She truly helped make our day PERFECT!
  • Andrea
    Melissa H. Married on 06/08/2019

Experienced, Professional Design Services

Deborah has designed and created the most beautiful backdrop to our annual museum gala for the last 3 years. This is our largest and most important fundraiser of the year and her creativity never disappoints. She has an amazing way of pulling it all together no matter what theme we give her and she always comes in on budget. I would highly recommend her for your next fundraiser, corporate event or special occasion.
    Rachel Married on 06/08/2019

Brought the wedding day vision to life!

Deborah was absolutely wonderful to work with every step of the way! She truly understood the vision that I had for the day, and she gave many wonderful ideas and suggestions that fit the style of flowers and décor that I was looking for. We went back and forth with planning and budget, and she was patient and helpful every step of the way. She also created a detailed “look book” containing each decoration and arrangement, which was incredibly helpful in the planning process. On the wedding day, all of the arrangements, including my bouquet (which was a giant rose that had to be made by hand petal by petal), came out perfectly. Deborah and her team decorated the circular arch for my ceremony, as well as outdoor arrangements, as well as the inside of the Branford House for the reception. All came out stunningly. When I walked through the reception room, I was honestly taken aback, not just by how gorgeous she had made it, but also because it looked EXACTLY like the vision we had discussed. She is extremely detail-oriented and has true talent for floral and décor. A Gala Affair did an absolutely perfect job. I highly recommend working with A Gala Affair. Deborah, I cannot thank you and your team enough!
  • Bethany
    Bethany H. Married on 01/06/2019

Beautiful details

I couldn’t be happier with the floral that Deborah put together for my wedding! She was very easy to work with - I kept changing my preferences for floral and greenery type and she made sure that everything was perfect and just as I asked for. She provided a lot of pictures and dialogue to help guide my decisions which was very helpful for an indecisive bride! In the end, she made beautiful bouquets, centerpieces, a eucalyptus arch and drapery for my venue stairway.
    I recommend her especially for weddings in Southeast CT!
    Jenna Married on 09/22/2018
    Deb and her team really outdid themselves for our wedding. From the very beginning, going back and forth with her about the details, she was able to take our vision and absolutely blow it out of the water. Her creativity and ideas exceeded all of our expectations and made our wedding the most beautiful thing we’ve ever seen. We are so fortunate that we have been able to get to know Deb and very lucky to have met such a warm, caring, and funny lady! Thank you so much Deb!
    Sara Married on 07/14/2018
    Me and my husband couldn’t be happier with Deborah and her work!!! She made our wedding magical from the bouquets, to the unique centerpieces, and little details for cocktail hour. A Gala Affair will not disappoint!!!! Very professional- no complaints here! Thank you so much!!
    Jillian Married on 07/13/2018

Absolutely stunning work!

Deb at 'A Gala Affair' was an absolute joy to work with. She is flexible, creative, friendly, and did an amazing job with all of our decors. From our bouquets to ceremony decorations, to centerpieces- everything tied together beautifully and was exactly what we hoped for and more. I highly recommend!
    Jessica Married on 06/16/2018
    Deb was so wonderful to work with; her creativity and skill is unparalleled. She worked with us on design plans for the ceremony and reception for such a beautiful outcome. The flowers and all the décor that she had envisioned were perfectly executed and her team even set up some items that my family had contributed as well. Everything was so beautiful and we would absolutely recommend A Gala Affair for any special event you’re planning.
  • Maura
    Maura Married on 06/02/2018

A Bohemian Dream

Deborah from A Gala Affair took my vision of a bohemian, romantic wedding and ran with it. We were on the same page right from the start. I knew I could trust her creative vision and transform it into real life. Deb and her team of ladies made my wedding dreams come true. From the alter to the bouquet/boutonnière to the tables and everything in between, it was truly remarkable. I highly recommend that you hire her!

Event, Design, Decorating, Floral by: A Gala Affair (http://agalaaffair.com)

Photo Credit: Love, Sunday Photo (https://lovesundayphoto.com)
    Kimberly Married on 05/12/2018
    I had a hard time finding a florist for my wedding and luckily someone suggested Debra with A Gala Affair. With only weeks before my wedding she was able to create the perfect Boquets for my wedding. She was very accomadating to my situation and communicative. Once i recieved pictures of my boquets and then seen them in person i was thrilled. They were perfect for my dream day!!!
    Stephanie Married on 05/05/2018
    I can't say enough about Deb & team at A Gala Affair! Deb did all of our decor, including bouquets and bouts, for our May 2018 wedding at the Mystic Yachting Center. Every aspect of her work was perfection. I can't say enough great things about Deb and her work. She was beyond easy to work with and such an artist. I am so happy we chose A Gala Affair for our wedding!
    Tara Married on 02/17/2018
    Debby made our wedding the most beautiful night of our lives! She took a collection of photos and ideas and created an absolutely stunning bohemian vibe for us.

The flowers were hand designed and included little accents of thistles, a personal touch that meant the world to us. She also made the bouts, bouquets, and wristlets for the bridal party and family and presented them on beautiful trays. She put together an incredible center piece for our ceremony with a flower garland over an arbor, macrame pieces, and coordinating aisle decorations. The tables were designed with high and low flower arrangements in glass vases and surrounded by votives and candles. The whole room looked like a lush green magical garden, which is an accomplishment for a February wedding!

Debby took just a few thoughts we had and was able to create a look for the whole evening. She made the day of so easy on us by handling the set up and break down. By the time we arrived to the venue the place had been transformed.

Everything she did felt like it was made especially for us, we could not have imagined a better event design. Amazing job!
    Alyssa Married on 10/28/2017
    Deborah did an incredible job decorating our wedding! everything looked absolutely fantastic!
    Natasha Married on 07/29/2017
    Deb was such a pleasure to work with for our summer wedding! She went above and beyond with bringing my eucalyptus and succulent vision to life. It was an incredibly windy day, but everything held up and looked fabulous! She had fantastic ideas and knew how to execute them perfectly. Thank you so much for making the process easy and fun!
    Joanne Married on 06/17/2017
    A Gala Affair is a sensational wedding decor and floral
    company that completely transforms a space
    and gives their clients the vision and theme that they've
    envisioned. The owner is on site to ensure client
    satisfaction- Deborah is available by phone, e mail
    and in person to assure that your event is spectacular ! She's
    wonderful! Happy
    Jody Married on 05/21/2017
    We used Deborah at A Gala Affair for my daughters wedding at the mansion in Harkness Memorial Park in May...She created a fairytale for my daughter. The flowers, the lighting, the candles, the decorations...everything was just incredibly beautiful...we could not have been more pleased....just wonderful