A Gala Affair Reviews

A Gala Affair 5
A Gala Affair 6
A Gala Affair 7

Rachel · Married on 06/08/2019

Brought the wedding day vision to life!

Deborah was absolutely wonderful to work with every step of the way! She truly understood the vision that I had for the day, and she gave many wonderful ideas and suggestions that fit the style of flowers and décor that I was looking for. We went back and forth with planning and budget, and she was patient and helpful every step of the way. She also created a detailed “look book” containing each decoration and arrangement, which was incredibly helpful in the planning process. On the wedding day, all of the arrangements, including my bouquet (which was a giant rose that had to be made by hand petal by petal), came out perfectly. Deborah and her team decorated the circular arch for my ceremony, as well as outdoor arrangements, as well as the inside of the Branford House for the reception. All came out stunningly. When I walked through the reception room, I was honestly taken aback, not just by how gorgeous she had made it, but also because it looked EXACTLY like the vision we had discussed. She is extremely detail-oriented and has true talent for floral and décor. A Gala Affair did an absolutely perfect job. I highly recommend working with A Gala Affair. Deborah, I cannot thank you and your team enough!

Sent on 07/10/2019
  • Andrea

Melissa Hall Baker · Married on 06/08/2019

Experienced, Professional Design Services

Deborah has designed and created the most beautiful backdrop to our annual museum gala for the last 3 years. This is our largest and most important fundraiser of the year and her creativity never disappoints. She has an amazing way of pulling it all together no matter what theme we give her and she always comes in on budget. I would highly recommend her for your next fundraiser, corporate event or special occasion.

Sent on 07/11/2019
  • Bethany

Bethany Horbal · Married on 01/06/2019

Beautiful details

I couldn’t be happier with the floral that Deborah put together for my wedding! She was very easy to work with - I kept changing my preferences for floral and greenery type and she made sure that everything was perfect and just as I asked for. She provided a lot of pictures and dialogue to help guide my decisions which was very helpful for an indecisive bride! In the end, she made beautiful bouquets, centerpieces, a eucalyptus arch and drapery for my venue stairway.
    I recommend her especially for weddings in Southeast CT!

Sent on 07/01/2019
    A Gala Affair 8
    A Gala Affair 9
    A Gala Affair 10

Jenna · Married on 09/22/2018

Deb and her team really outdid themselves for our wedding. From the very beginning, going back and forth with her about the details, she was able to take our vision and absolutely blow it out of the water. Her creativity and ideas exceeded all of our expectations and made our wedding the most beautiful thing we’ve ever seen. We are so fortunate that we have been able to get to know Deb and very lucky to have met such a warm, caring, and funny lady! Thank you so much Deb!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Sara · Married on 07/14/2018

Me and my husband couldn’t be happier with Deborah and her work!!! She made our wedding magical from the bouquets, to the unique centerpieces, and little details for cocktail hour. A Gala Affair will not disappoint!!!! Very professional- no complaints here! Thank you so much!!

Sent on 07/16/2018
    A Gala Affair 18
    A Gala Affair 19

Jillian · Married on 07/13/2018

Absolutely stunning work!

Deb at 'A Gala Affair' was an absolute joy to work with. She is flexible, creative, friendly, and did an amazing job with all of our decors. From our bouquets to ceremony decorations, to centerpieces- everything tied together beautifully and was exactly what we hoped for and more. I highly recommend!

Sent on 12/17/2018
    A Gala Affair 20
    A Gala Affair 21
    A Gala Affair 22
    A Gala Affair 23
    A Gala Affair 24

Jessica · Married on 06/16/2018

Deb was so wonderful to work with; her creativity and skill is unparalleled. She worked with us on design plans for the ceremony and reception for such a beautiful outcome. The flowers and all the décor that she had envisioned were perfectly executed and her team even set up some items that my family had contributed as well. Everything was so beautiful and we would absolutely recommend A Gala Affair for any special event you’re planning.

Sent on 08/18/2018
  • Maura

Maura · Married on 06/02/2018

A Bohemian Dream

Deborah from A Gala Affair took my vision of a bohemian, romantic wedding and ran with it. We were on the same page right from the start. I knew I could trust her creative vision and transform it into real life. Deb and her team of ladies made my wedding dreams come true. From the alter to the bouquet/boutonnière to the tables and everything in between, it was truly remarkable. I highly recommend that you hire her!

Event, Design, Decorating, Floral by: A Gala Affair (http://agalaaffair.com)

Photo Credit: Love, Sunday Photo (https://lovesundayphoto.com)

Sent on 12/13/2018
    A Gala Affair 36
    A Gala Affair 37
    A Gala Affair 38

Kimberly · Married on 05/12/2018

I had a hard time finding a florist for my wedding and luckily someone suggested Debra with A Gala Affair. With only weeks before my wedding she was able to create the perfect Boquets for my wedding. She was very accomadating to my situation and communicative. Once i recieved pictures of my boquets and then seen them in person i was thrilled. They were perfect for my dream day!!!

Sent on 04/08/2018
    A Gala Affair 39
    A Gala Affair 40
    A Gala Affair 41

Stephanie · Married on 05/05/2018

I can't say enough about Deb & team at A Gala Affair! Deb did all of our decor, including bouquets and bouts, for our May 2018 wedding at the Mystic Yachting Center. Every aspect of her work was perfection. I can't say enough great things about Deb and her work. She was beyond easy to work with and such an artist. I am so happy we chose A Gala Affair for our wedding!

Sent on 05/15/2018
    A Gala Affair 49
    A Gala Affair 50
    A Gala Affair 51

Tara · Married on 02/17/2018

Debby made our wedding the most beautiful night of our lives! She took a collection of photos and ideas and created an absolutely stunning bohemian vibe for us.

The flowers were hand designed and included little accents of thistles, a personal touch that meant the world to us. She also made the bouts, bouquets, and wristlets for the bridal party and family and presented them on beautiful trays. She put together an incredible center piece for our ceremony with a flower garland over an arbor, macrame pieces, and coordinating aisle decorations. The tables were designed with high and low flower arrangements in glass vases and surrounded by votives and candles. The whole room looked like a lush green magical garden, which is an accomplishment for a February wedding!

Debby took just a few thoughts we had and was able to create a look for the whole evening. She made the day of so easy on us by handling the set up and break down. By the time we arrived to the venue the place had been transformed.

Everything she did felt like it was made especially for us, we could not have imagined a better event design. Amazing job!

Sent on 02/25/2018
    A Gala Affair 52
    A Gala Affair 53
    A Gala Affair 54

Alyssa · Married on 10/28/2017

Deborah did an incredible job decorating our wedding! everything looked absolutely fantastic!

Sent on 10/30/2017
    A Gala Affair 55

Natasha · Married on 07/29/2017

Deb was such a pleasure to work with for our summer wedding! She went above and beyond with bringing my eucalyptus and succulent vision to life. It was an incredibly windy day, but everything held up and looked fabulous! She had fantastic ideas and knew how to execute them perfectly. Thank you so much for making the process easy and fun!

Sent on 09/07/2017

Joanne · Married on 06/17/2017

A Gala Affair is a sensational wedding decor and floral
    company that completely transforms a space
    and gives their clients the vision and theme that they've
    envisioned. The owner is on site to ensure client
    satisfaction- Deborah is available by phone, e mail
    and in person to assure that your event is spectacular ! She's
    wonderful! Happy

Sent on 06/22/2017

jody · Married on 05/21/2017

We used Deborah at A Gala Affair for my daughters wedding at the mansion in Harkness Memorial Park in May...She created a fairytale for my daughter. The flowers, the lighting, the candles, the decorations...everything was just incredibly beautiful...we could not have been more pleased....just wonderful

Sent on 06/02/2017

Cori · Married on 11/12/2016

We hired Deb and her team to decorate and provide all the floral arrangements for our daughter's wedding at The Branford House. After much planning and communication, our vision came alive! Deb's work is beautiful! My daughter was in love with the way everything looked. Deb and her team are very talented and creative. The quality of work and flowers were outstanding! I would highly recommend A Gala Affair. They exceeded our expectations!

Sent on 11/16/2016
  • Sara-Lyn

Sara-Lyn · Married on 11/11/2016

If anyone is getting married in the CT area, I HIGHLY recommend Deb. Not only is she extremely talented but she also cares about her clients. Deb went above and beyond to make my vision come to life on my special day! If you go on her FB site, you can see the quality of work and how amazing each floral arrangement is. Thank you Deb so so much for making our wedding look like it came out of a magazine!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Ben · Married on 09/04/2016

The owner and her team did a great job making our wedding special. We also had a possible hurricane on the way and she was ready with a contingency plan: this meant our day was going to be special either way. The team was very professional and did a great job. The cost was very reasonable for great job they did!

Sent on 09/06/2016

Kayleigh · Married on 08/19/2016

An overall joy to work with!!

Sent on 08/22/2016
  • Irma

Irma · Married on 05/15/2015

I couldn’t thank Deborah enough for the beautiful work she did on my wedding day. Her attention to detail was absolutely impeccable and better than I could have ever imagined. She was able to take my vision and turn it into a reality! She gives her customers her full attention and takes pride in doing a job well done. She was always available and made the process so easy. Even on short notice! I hired her a few weeks before my wedding day and she was able to give me the magical, glamourous and perfect day I had dreamt of since I was a young girl. My heart literally skipped a beat when I walked into the reception. The flowers, candelabras’, mercury vases and tea lights created an amazing ambiance. Of course I cried and she also shed a tear with me. She is very sweet and takes pride in every detail.
    As my guest were ushered from the cocktail room to the ballroom every single one of them stopped in their tracks and gasp at the beauty they were coming into. We received many compliments from them. Everyone kept saying “This is beautiful” and “It looks like something out of a movie”. I couldn’t have been happier.
    Deborah’s ideas and creativity are something that EVERYONE should experience at their event! I will continue to recommend her in the future.

Irma & Moneek
    Mystic Marriott Hotel & Spa
    05/15/15

Sent on 06/11/2015

Deborah Dempsey did a fantastic job with our wedding flowers and venue decor at the Eolia Mansion at Harkness Park. In the planning stages she was extremely flexible working within our schedules and our budget. Overall, she understood and executed on our vision flawlessly. The flowers were fresh, beautiful and arranged perfectly, and she definitely exceeded expectations in terms of the size and number of bouquets/arrangements. She has beautiful vessels which were included in the cost, and we were also able to use some of ours to really make the decor personal. The mansion itself is beautiful but the flowers really dressed it up and brought it to a whole new level- Deborah did a great job at making the mansion look as beautiful as it could have, decorating each mantle, nook and cranny within it. For the tent she did swags, bistro lighting and a chandelier which really dressed up an otherwise plain tent. On the day of, her staff set up, arranged and rearranged flowers, and teared down promptly.
    Bottom line- All of our guests raved that they actually noticed and admired the flowers at our wedding, where at others they get lost (at how many weddings can you say you actually remember the flowers?). If flowers are a priority and you want your wedding be decorated flawlessly and have piece of mind, Deborah is definitely the way to go.

Sent on 06/29/2015

Caitlin · Married on 09/28/2013

Deb from A Gala Affair is simply amazing! She made my wedding day absolutely beautiful. Her and her team are reliable and so much fun to work with.

Sent on 10/09/2013

Sandy · Married on 09/15/2013

I had a vision and Deborah gave it life. My bouquet was uniquely beautiful, as were the floral centerpieces. All the floral arrangements were breathtaking and elegant.

Deborah was always open to my ideas and we appreciated her offering up creative options. With her talent and flair, she turned the tent at Eolia Mansion into a magical setting. She added decorative elements throughout the mansion that personalized the venue for us, made it ours for that snapshot in time.

We feel lucky to have found A Gala Affair and thank Deborah and her team.

Sent on 10/13/2013

Deborah and her team were great to work with and helped make our reception space look magical!

Sent on 08/14/2012

Jessica · Married on 06/23/2012

Deborah was extremely pleasant and amazing to work with. I knew from the moment we stepped foot in her studio that she was going to be great. She truly understood my vision and made it come to life! Everything was just beautiful – the flowers were better than I could have imagined. She is extremely creative, professional and motivated to make your day as special as it could be. It was so nice to have her "take over" the day of - i felt so comfortable she would do an amazing job. I received so many compliments from my guests which means the flowers and the design she created really stood out. I would highly recommend A Gala Affair!

Sent on 07/13/2012