A Frame Forward Photography Reviews

45 | Saint Paul, MN

45 Reviews for A Frame Forward Photography

Kristen · Married on 09/06/2014

Jackson made finding a photographer easy. His portfolio was magical, and I instantly knew we had found the photographer! Jackson is laid back and fun, incredibly easy to work with and communicates quickly if you have questions. Our wedding pictures are absolutely stunning!!

Sent on 10/29/2015

Not just photos, but beautiful artwork!
    So much goes into a wedding...endless days of planning, drama, emotion and excitement. The actual day was a total blur, so we were thrilled to have Jackson there to capture everything. He doesn't just take photos, he creates works of art. He has a keen eye for timing and finding the perfect shot. We absolutely love all of our images and couldn't be happier. Plus, he was tons of fun to share our day with -- funny, helpful, and patient. Look no further for your wedding photographer!

Sent on 10/30/2015

Jackson shot our wedding just DAYS after having ACL surgery. He was such a trooper. He didn't complain once about being hurt or not feeling well. He was doing things he probably shouldn't have done (example: jumping up on a chair one legged), just to make sure he got the "perfect shot". By the end of the night, his knee was the size of a basketball.
    Jackson caught all our perfect memories from our perfect day. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. We love looking through all our photos over and over again, and that's thanks to Jackson.

Sent on 10/30/2015

If you are wondering if Jackson’s services are “worth it,” you will not for a moment regret your decision in working with him.

We had an absolute blast spending time with Jackson on our wedding day and during our engagement shoot. What most people don't tell you is that on your wedding day, you spend the most time with your photographer; not your groom, wedding party, or parents, but your photographer. Because of this, I am glad that Jackson is such a likeable guy, very considerate, and does a phenomenal job putting his subjects at ease. Moreover, he had our wedding party and guests rolling with laughter. Everyone in our party was wondering how we got so lucky with such a personable and skilled photographer.

Aside from his personality, Jackson’s images are exceptional. Highly skilled, resourceful, and imaginative, your pictures will turn out different than all other weddings you have seen before. Seriously, he was not afraid of getting dirty to get a perfect shot, or in our case balancing on a canoe and jumping from boats. He is able to use his knowledge of photography and his creativity to bring out the best in you, your guests, and your environment. The images that we received were absolutely stunning. He not only took pictures of us, but created works of art that we will cherish indefinitely. He captured us at our best, brought out our personalities, and is truly a spectacularly imaginative photographer.

On top of the strikingly beautiful photos, Jackson was professional in all communications. He even helped in planning our wedding timeline, and gave advice on other wedding matters. You will feel like you are important in all communications and that he is committed and determined to provide you with the best photography experience possible. We also appreciated his ability to go with the flow, and change his timeline during our wedding.

We cannot wait until we can work with Jackson again, he is seriously an amazing guy, professionally & personally

Sent on 10/25/2015

We could not have asked for a better wedding photographer. Jackson's work speaks for itself and you can see how amazing his photos are. But what you can't tell from the photos is how great it is to have him there on your big day and how easy and seamless he makes the whole process. Jackson makes sure to understand your vision and what you want, but at the same time, is able to offer his own creative ideas based on all his experience when you need that. He was super accommodating and responsive and even traveled across the country and spent a day with us for an engagement shoot. We thoroughly enjoyed spending time with him and are ecstatic about the finished product. We give Jackson the highest recommendation with no reservations whatsoever.

Mandi · Married on 07/05/2014

Jackson shot both our engagement pictures in Minnesota and then our wedding out in Oregon. There are not enough characters allowed in this review to describe how happy my husband and I are with Jackson and our photos. For starters he's very prompt with communication, which anyone planning a wedding knows is a major bonus. We exchanged multiple emails a day sometimes and his replies were always thoughtful and helpful. His non-intrusive style resulted in shots that take me quickly back to the emotion of that day (which flies by so fast). Jackson tore his ACL right before our wedding, and even that didn't slow him down. He was hiking around, doing whatever necessary to get his shots, still cracking jokes and making everyone laugh. He fit right in with my family and guests, and we felt like we had a new friend at the end of the weekend. As you can see, his photos are unique and truly breathtaking. There is a night shot from our wedding of the mountains and milky way that is so beautiful it doesn't even seem real. It meant a lot to us that he truly captured the beauty of our hometown and the sentiment of our wedding. Jackson worked easily with our videographer, and had corresponded with him a few times prior to the wedding. He is humble and approachable. He was one of the last people to leave our wedding, taking pics well into the night. I would reccomend him in a heartbeat. At the end of the day, your photos are what you have to remember the whirlwind of events, and it was by far the best investement we made. Jackson has a passion for people and photography that set him apart from the rest. Do yourself a favor and hire him before someone else does!

Rudy · Married on 07/05/2014

Jackson, awesome guy felt like we were friends for years the first day I met him. Made you feel very comfortable in the moment and low pressure " posing " knocked it out of the park with his photos ! Incredible. Can't take credit for finding him, that was my wife, but having him at our wedding made the day that much better.

Sent on 10/30/2015

In addition to providing us with his beautiful photography (which we all expected after seeing samples of his work), Jackson was a wonderful addition to the experience of the wedding itself. He was personable, professional, and friendly without being overbearing in the least. He captured some wonderful images of friends and family when they didn't even know he was around, as well as the more traditional group shots. He also gave us images of some of the details of our wedding that I was too busy to enjoy fully the first time around! Highly recommended.

Sent on 11/01/2014
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 05/03/2014

Planning a wedding can be very overwhelming and choosing vendors can be stressful however reading recommendations helps immensely which is why I am taking time to write this review about our amazing photographer Jackson Tyler Eddy and his company A FRAME FORWARD PHOTOGRAPHY. I heard about Jackson from my sister in law and I booked him immediately after that. Jackson is the type of person that puts you at ease immediately, his passion for photography, creativity and love of people just radiates from him like the sun. He is forever patient, full of energy, humorous, and genuinely cares about what you want. He scouted the area & arranged the first look for my husband & I days before our wedding even though he had to drive hours to do so. He never stops smiling or moving, uses 2 cameras at once, never minds getting dirty so I frequently saw him lying on the ground or climbing somewhere up high just to get the perfect shot! He remembered everything that was important to us and captured each of those moments as well as a million more. So many photos I look at now and wonder how on earth he captured it but that is Jackson for you. He goes above and beyond expectations and all with a smile on his face. From the first look in the field under a beautiful sky to our husband and wife photos on the dock at sunset to the wedding itself and reception afterwards... I cannot choose my favorite photos! I love every single one (so many that my husband says our house is only filled with wedding photos now which may be a bit much) I have seen many wedding photos since I received ours from Jackson and not once have I ever wished I had a different photographer. If I was asked the question now.... If there was one thing that you should splurge on for your wedding my answer would be the PHOTOGRAPHER!! Not the DJ, the food, the dress.. it would be the one that captures the moments and makes them last forever. Thank you so much Jackson Tyler Eddy and A FRAME FORWARD PHOTOGRAPHY!!!

Lindsey · Married on 04/26/2014

We loved having Jackson a part of our wedding! He was always very easy to get a hold of and very fun to work with. Jackson went above and beyond his role of “photographer” and definitely filled the shoes of a potential personal attendant at times! He took the time to make sure every picture was perfect and always came up with fun ideas to get great candid shots. Our photos turned out amazing and we will cherish them for a lifetime!

Brittney · Married on 04/19/2014

Jackson was our photographer for our perfect April wedding and I would recommended him to everyone and anyone looking for a great photos and a great time. He was an absolute delight to work with and all friends/family at the wedding complimented on how natural the photos seemed. He responded promptly to all my emails (and I sent a lot!), gave us advice on engagement photos and outfits to wear, and helped pick perfect spots for all our photos. His pricing was very reasonable and he helped us come up with a price that worked for us. We have turned several of his prints into canvas photos in our house and they are constantly complimented. He will take your traditional photos with your parents, grandparents, etc. but everything else is unique, brilliant, and stunning. He stayed until all the photos we wanted were taken and everything felt nautral and not rushed. Two of my biggest concerns with picking a photographer were 1) that it would be awkward for a stranger to being taking your pictures and 2) the photos wouldn't turn out. You don't have to work about either of those concerns if you pick Jackson, he was so much fun and I will cherish our pictures for our entire lives :) Please feel free to email me at brittney.j.schultz@gmail.com if you have any questions! You can't go wrong with Jackson!!!!

Marlo · Married on 01/18/2014

Our experience with A Frame Forward Photography was truly wonderful! We were looking for someone fun and easygoing who could help to capture the real us in our photos. Jackson was that person and we had a blast working with him on our engagement shoot. He was up for all of our ideas and he captured so many cool moments that perfectly represent my husband and I and our relationship. His friendly personality helped us to feel comfortable in front of a camera and we laughed and smiled the entire time. Jackson also did a fabulous job at our wedding and captured so many beautiful and special moments. He was like a photography ninja somehow managing to be in all the right places at all the right times without you even being aware that he’s there! The photos are special and unique and we couldn’t be happier with them. We highly recommend working with Jackson for your big day. You will have a ton of fun and have some awesome photos as a result!

Tricia · Married on 11/16/2013

Jackson was so much fun to work with throughout our entire planning process and up through our big day. I loved his photography style, but I really chose him because of how comfortable he made my (now) husband feel in front of the camera. My husband isn't really into posing for photos, but with Jackson, were never posed or uncomfortable, everything was very natural and fun! He kept my husband from getting antsy and uncomfortable, and kept things fun for the whole group! We had an amazing time with Jackson the day of the wedding as well - and he stuck it out until the very end of the night! We have so many amazing photos that really convey what a great party it was and how much everyone enjoyed themselves!

Sent on 10/31/2014

My husband and I were very impressed with Jackson. We really did not know what we wanted and were so happy that he provided such good advice and guidance. He suggested a great outdoor site for our engagement photos and had lots of ideas for poses, including poses with our dog! The pictures turned out amazing - professional, gorgeous, yet casual like we are. He really got to know us and helped us tease out what we wanted. We are constantly getting asked who our photographer was. We definitely plan to use Jackson again at our next big photo op (?baby someday?)

Kelly · Married on 08/23/2013

Jackson was a pleasure to work with! He was flexible, relaxed and had fun with us on our important day. He was very knowledgable and creative - I appreciated his work and referred him to my close friend for her wedding day - she enjoyed the experience just as much!

Trent · Married on 08/23/2013

Jackson made things very easy for us and was great time to be around. He wanted to capture us in our environment and what people knew us for and he did a great job of it with the engagement pics. On the wedding day he made everyone feel comfortable and made it a fun time to be there and not just another picture session. Great work, Thanks!!

Andy · Married on 08/10/2013

Jackson was a blast to work with. Did a laid-back engagement session and then rocked it for us on our wedding day. He was fun, engaged, creative and flexible. Went the extra mile (i.e. sprinting the other side of Lake of the Isles, scaling walls) to get unique and memorable shots. Our pictures are great and so is Jackson.

Gretchen · Married on 08/08/2013

We would highly recommend working with Jackson! From the moment we met with him to discuss our vision, he was receptive and enthusiastic. We were able to conveniently schedule our engagement photo session at the location that meant the most to us, and include our three dogs, as well. The day of the wedding, Jackson was front and center when needed, but most of the time he was off capturing the story of our special day. We have had an overwhelming number of compliments on our wedding photos! We were even approached by our venue to use one of his photos for a magazine ad. Jackson is professional and personable. His photography style is simply stunning! We are grateful to have had Jackson create our forever memories of our wedding day.

Sent on 10/29/2014

Patrick · Married on 07/19/2013

A Frame Forward Photography was amazing. Jackson went above and beyond our expectations. True professional. Highly recommended.

Kate · Married on 07/19/2013

Jackson is professional, personable and his work will leave you in awe. He made the process so much fun and takes creativity to a whole new level. We were blown away with our photos from our engagement session and wedding!

Sent on 10/06/2013

Brittney · Married on 06/22/2013

A Frame Forward Photography was an incredible business to work with. Jackson was able to give us a great engagement session (just before Christmas) and an even greater wedding session. He was very friendly and never once seemed to be in panic mode or rushed...which, as the bride, was very calming! I was in awe at what he was able to capture on my wedding day. Some of the shots he took were of very emotional and precious moments for me, and I had no idea that he would be able to provide a way for those moments to stay with me forever through a simple photo. I highly recommend A Frame Forward Photography! Thanks again, Jackson!

Erica · Married on 06/15/2013

Before our wedding people kept telling us and we kept reading that wedding pictures are one of the most important things to a bride and groom. For this reason, we tracked down a lot of photographs with different qualities, strengths, and price points. In the end, we decided on Jackson Eddy, of A Frame Forward Photography, because of his highly artistic style, friendly personality, and reasonable price point. Not only was this one of the most important decisions we made, but probably the best wedding decision we made. He made us feel so comfortable during out photo shoots and was always in the perfect place throughout our wedding day. Best of all and most importantly, the pictures of our special day by far exceeded what we were hoping for. He truly created art on our wedding day and art we can't wait to showcase in our new home.

Sent on 10/06/2013

Jackson is awesome to work with. We really enjoyed having him as our photographer and are very pleased with our photos.

Sent on 07/22/2013

Steve · Married on 05/18/2013

Jackson was great. Super flexible and he captured all the great moments and I didn't even realize he was there most of the time. The photos where very creatively shot and worked with everyone who was at the wedding.

Sent on 10/07/2013

Emily · Married on 05/17/2013

Jackson was AMAZING! He was very helpful and open during our planning period, always with quick answers and ideas. Our engagement shoot was just the thing to make us comfortable with A) being photographed B) with our fantastic photographer. The wedding pictures were beyond wonderful! Jackson was easy going, confident, always happy, and full of personalized ideas. My family LOVED him! And oh, my. . . the final pictures are out of this world. My step-mother said "This man is not a photographer, he's a POET with his camera!" and I have to agree. There is absolutely nothing I can think of to that he could have done better. A+ I recommend him to anyone who will listen!