A+ Event Entertainment Reviews

A+ Event Entertainment 3
  • Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 10/05/2019

Hands down the BEST!

Thomas and Carley literally made my day AMAZING! From the ceremony, to cocktail hour, audio for toasts, dinner and then the reception heard around the world (don't even get me going on the lighting!!) they KILLED IT! Booking a Vendor that's hours away is terrifying, especially when you're dropping some serious cash on something you don't even get to test drive first. I booked A+ solely based off of reviews after attending bridal open houses and countless expos. I had a long list of candidates but after our first phone conversation, I knew Thomas was going to have me taken care of and they truly went above and beyond. I wanted a DJ who could stick to a timeline and make sure people were where they needed to be, when they needed to be there with no confusion and I didn't want to spend my wedding day worrying about any of this and of course I wanted the dance floor packed! I cannot recommend them enough! Exceeded my expectations in every way possible and made my day one no one will every forget! Thank you so much for everything you did for us!!! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

Sent on 10/09/2019

james Morris · Married on 08/10/2019

Thomas was amazing. Made our wedding run smoothly and was a great guy

A+ Was a pleasure to work with. Me and my wife had them dj our wedding. Thomas was great. Always checked with us to make sure we were doing alright. Helped me with my fear of public speaking. Carried our plates to our table for us. And was a genuinely great person. He made sure we were comfortable and having a good time the whole night. He came up to us multiple times to see if we wanted to push anything from our timeline back to give us more time to mingle. Honestly did not expect that from the dj. He went above and beyond. He had a great playlist and also worked off of some songs we sent him. He got just about everyone out of their seats to dance which I didn't expect as our guests are not really the dancing type. I highly recommend A+ and will 100% use them again if I ever need a dj again

Sent on 08/22/2019

Alicia · Married on 07/13/2019

A+ Experience

Working with Thomas was awesome (He was our DJ/MC). He was extremely helpful throughout the entire process. He really helped us throughout the planning process and when the big day was here, he was great! I would not hesitate to recommend using him. The photo booth was great too!

Sent on 07/18/2019

Hannah Hupfer · Married on 12/08/2018

Amazing Experience!

A+ Entertainment was the highlight of our wedding night! Amazing music selection, insanely popular photo booth, and the DJs rocked the house!

Sent on 12/26/2018

Adrian and Hannah,
    We are so pleased we were able to entertain for the two of you and your guests for your winter wedding!
    So happy for the two of you,

Courtney Snyder · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing people!

The entire staff of this DJ company went above and beyond for our wedding. Our day would not have been possible without Patrick and Chris coordinating the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. They made sure the timeline was met and even made sure we had a drink at our table. Our guests would not leave the dance floor all night and everyone kept asking who the DJ company was that we chose because this did such a great job! Thank you so much for everything you did!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Courtney and Nick,
    Thank you BOTH so much for your wonderful words about our DJs Patrick and Chris. You have made our day with your compliments on the ceremony all the way to the dancing portion of the day!

Katie Grant · Married on 09/29/2018

Great to work with!

A+ event entertainment was great to work with! My husband and I were planning our wedding from out of state which overall made the process a little more challenging initially. However, Thomas and Shannon were very flexible in setting up Skype, FaceTime, and phone calls at any time of the day that met our needs. Patrick and Chris were the DJs at our wedding and they definitely delivered! The dance floor was packed the entire night. They put us at ease the minute our reception started and we couldn't have asked for a better night!

A+ Event Entertainment 4
    Sent on 10/25/2018

Katie and Drew,
    Thank you both so much for taking the time to write an amazing review in regard to your entertainment and the service we provided. It means so much to us to deliver more than is expected, and we appreciate that you took the time to let us know how well it all went.
    Thank you again!

Stephanie · Married on 09/15/2018

Awesome Vendor

One of the best wedding decisions we made! Chris was awesome!!!!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Stephanie and Daniel,
    Thank you both for taking the time to write a review in regard to Chris, your Master of Ceremonies and DJ. We are thrilled that he did such a great job for you!
    Shannon and Thomas

Karlyn · Married on 09/08/2018

We had a fantastic wedding day and it is largely due to Thomas and Shannon/A+ Event entertainment. They are so nice and easy to work with and are very quick to respond to any emails or questions I had. They were very professional throughout the planning process - we had multiple meetings via video chat and in person to help with planning. They use planning forms that assist with making your wedding exactly what you want it to be! My favorite part of the wedding day was hearing Thomas tell our love story and watching all of our families react - I would highly recommend A+

Sent on 10/03/2018

Karlyn and Alex,
    Thank you, thank you, thank you both so much for your words and taking the time in your BUSY schedules to write! We appreciate this so much! The two of you were absolutely FUN to work with and glad we got to share lots of laughs too! And we are honored that you enjoyed the Love Story. Thank you both for sharing your stories with us!
  • Joseph

Joseph · Married on 09/01/2018

Definitely the BEST

Thomas and Shannon were absolutely incredible to work with from start to finish! They took the worry out of the whole process. Thomas was the MC and DJ at our wedding (along with a fantastic assistant), and Shannon (MIFunBooth) provided photo booth services, and included an awesome backdrop and props. We have many photo strips of memories that will last us a lifetime. Their professionalism and experience were evident throughout. Thomas listened to our requests and put together a killer playlist. He cared about the subtle details and showed that he wanted to make our experience unique and matching to our theme/tone. We got SO many compliments on the music and the event overall. The “Love Story” was definitely one of highlights of the event; very well put together and a different/nice touch that you don’t see at other weddings. It was really appreciated since we didn’t have to explain it to family that we haven’t seen in years! Their website was very friendly and easy to use. They are very prompt to respond to emails and other requests, unlike some other vendors. The uplighting was awesome and complimented our colors well, and made the venue truly come alive. They also provided music for our ceremony and he made all of my custom music work flawlessly. Highly recommended!!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Joe and Brandon,
    We are totally blown away with your words!
    Thank you both SO much for the compliments on everything from the response time to the social sharing photo booth to The Love Story Thomas presented, and all the way through to the dancing! We are SO proud of what we do, and we feel that it shows with what we brought to your amazing day.
    The two of you were so much fun to work with and I hope that we are able to keep in touch!
    Again, thank you for taking the time to review us. It means the world!

Elise · Married on 08/11/2018

A + Event Entertainment went above and beyond typical DJ duties. Thomas worked with us through our whole engagement and helped us with space planning at our event, wedding details and really made it a priority to get to know us as a couple so we were reflected in our reception. Our DJ was Patrick and so he was the best! He also went above and beyond even carried my dinner plate for me as the bride. He was very calm and made sure the flow of our wedding was smooth. Awesome music and an awesome time! Would highly recommend them at your next event!

Sent on 08/28/2018

Elise and Lucas,
    Thank you both SO much for taking the time to write these words. We loved working with the two of you and are so happy that it was a great wedding day for you both!

Evan · Married on 07/07/2018

Is there an option for 6 stars on responsiveness? This place is unbelievably quick to respond to emails, and went above and beyond in helping us set up a wedding timeline. They reached out to the venue and vendors in order to assemble a comprehensive timeline for us. They also played an amazing selection of music at our wedding that kept the party going all night. Would definitely recommend people use A+ entertainment for their weddings.

Sent on 07/11/2018

Evan and Kelsey,
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! One of our top priorities at A+ Event Entertainment is quickly responding each and every time. Weddings are stressful enough without having to worry about if and when you will hear from us with your questions or anything else. Thank you again. The two of you made our day. Sincerely, Thomas and Shannon

Alicia · Married on 06/16/2018

I do not have enough words to express how awesome and happy my husband and I were with A+ Event Entertainment! We had Chris as our DJ and he was great! Everyone had such a good time and the dance floor was packed all night long! I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Alicia and Josh,
    Thank you both so much for your words! We are so happy that you and all of your guests had a great time and danced all night long! And thank you for your continued recommendations! Thomas and Shannon

Theodore · Married on 06/16/2018

The A+ Event Entertainment team was great! We really enjoyed working with Thomas & Patrick. The team was professional, well organized, and made our wedding run extremely smoothly. We appreciated the personal touches and the fact the team went above and beyond to make our wedding day special.

Sent on 08/21/2018

Ted and Mer,
    Thank you both so much for your kind words! Planning your wedding with the two of you was an absolute delight! The dance mash-up was awesome!

Marletta · Married on 06/09/2018

We couldn't be any happier with the services provided by this company! Our ceremony music was perfect and the guests enjoyed the dinner and dancing music. It was so fun that they did group dances with us! They brought a lot of fun energy to the party. I would definitely recommend their services to anyone and everyone!!

Sent on 07/24/2018

Marletta and Shaun,
    Thank you BOTH so much for your kind words! Thomas and I are SO happy the two of you had such an amazing wedding day that we could be a part of!
    Shannon and Thomas

Robin · Married on 06/02/2018

A++++
    There is no worrying about whether or not you'll have fun. This business keeps the guests involved and even joins in on the fun on the dance floor. If you want to have no worries about the dj/ music for your wedding, hire these guys!

Sent on 10/31/2016

A+ Event Entertainment's reply:

Thank you Robin! This is an amazing review from an amazing person.

Emily · Married on 04/27/2018

A+ Entertainment (especially Thomas) was no less than AMAZING to work with! They help walk you through everything from the ceremony to the reception and really truly care about your life/relationship. They are not "just a DJ that plays music." They were very accommodating answering frantic phone calls/facebook messages throughout the planning process. This company made our wedding incredible! They made our guests laugh and have a great time throughout the night. My husband and I were constantly getting compliments on these guys from our family and friends. They also were willing to help us with other vendors in the area before our big day. Being out of state and young it was more of a struggle to decide who we should hire. Thomas and his wife, Shannon, were super helpful! We will definitely be keeping in touch with this company.

Sent on 04/30/2018

Emily and Lucas,
    Reviews aren't supposed to make me tear up! I am so glad that the two of you had a wonderful wedding and that we were part of it. I feel like we really got to know the two of you (from that first visit at the office) to the chats we had here and there. I wish the two of you the best for the future! And thank you both so much! Thomas and Shannon

Marissa · Married on 02/24/2018

Great DJ and helpful with planning!

We vetted a few DJs before choosing A+ Event Entertainment for our February wedding at Castle Farms. Thomas Heath was very friendly and easy to talk to, up front about his pricing, and very enthusiastic about not only being a DJ but also helping us plan parts of our wedding. We had several consultation calls with Thomas prior to our wedding, during which he spent time getting to know us and provided us with planning advice. We planned our entire wedding from 750 miles away, and never had a doubt about the DJ we chose. Thomas has been fantastic every step of the way, and his wife, Shannon, was always prompt with e-mail questions and communications. The day of our wedding, Thomas and his assistant looked great; they even coordinated with our wedding colors! We opted for the “master of ceremonies” option, wherein Thomas put together a nice speech about my husband’s and my relationship history. It really was a lovely touch. Thomas paid attention to what music we wanted for our cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing. Not all of our guests were the “dancing type”, but Thomas was able to get folks out on the dance floor throughout the evening. I even had some guests comment about how they loved that he got on the dance floor with us! We had a wonderful experience with Thomas and Shannon at A+ Event Entertainment as our wedding DJ, and highly recommend them!

Sent on 11/01/2018

Angela · Married on 01/06/2018

Luke at A+ Event Entertainment did an awesome job at our wedding reception. Luke made sure the night flowed smoothly and even got out on the dance floor to get our guests dancing. We had a lot of fun! Luke FaceTimed us before the wedding to help with the planning forms, which was also very helpful. Great customer service!! Would definitely recommend using this DJ service!

Sent on 09/08/2017

Angela and Trevor,
    We thank you both so much for this review! We work very hard to make sure our planning process is easy (and most importantly), helpful for a smooth event, but also FUN!

Greg · Married on 11/18/2017

A+ Event Entertainment did an excellent job from the planning stages right down to last call, the night of. Their dedication and experience with wedding receptions made our night much less stressful with the overall planning and logistics. They made the evening flow seamlessly into a truly enjoyable and memorable night. A+ Event Entertainment was very attentive to our needs from lighting/ equipment to song selection throughout the evening. Their online portal was easy to use and allowed us to customize our playlist to our liking. I would recommend using their services to anyone in the future. Thank you for being a part of our special day.

Greg and Maribeth

Sent on 11/28/2017

Greg and Maribeth,
    We would like to respond with our sincerest thanks! What an absolutely special review for us!
    We are SO delighted that the two of you had such a wonderful wedding! It is couples like the two of you that keep us loving what we do so much!

Lindsey · Married on 10/20/2017

Tom and Patrick did an outstanding job for my wedding reception. Not only did they keep the guests on their feet.. they made the entire night go just perfectly. They are very professional, talented, personable and made my husband and I feel right at home. (As if we were dancing like no one was watching) We could not have asked for a better DJ, and cannot thank them enough for the most memorable night of our lives. I 100% believe they were the ones who shaped our night to the best it could have gone. We would highly recommend to anyone looking for some fantastic entertainment. You guys ROCK!

Sent on 10/23/2017

Lindsey and Sean,
    We will never forget this wedding! Not only was it fun, but it was SUCH a heartfelt celebration!
    Thank you so much for your kindness and we are so happy for the two of you!

Ryan · Married on 10/07/2017

We learned how crucial a top notch entertainment company is, and we absolutely made the right decision. Thomas is thorough, well prepared (online and over the phone music and schedule planning beforehand), and most importantly extremely good at what he does.
    He had my bride at ease, and did a great job reading the room and determining what he was going to play. At one point he was even pouring my wife champagne so she wouldn't have to leave the dance floor!
    A true master of ceremonies, he and his amazing daughter made our night very memorable :)

A+ Event Entertainment 5
    Sent on 10/16/2017

A+ Event Entertainment's reply:

Ryan and Danielle! You were so much fun to work with. Thank you for your kind words. It is truly an honor to have been able to make your big day even better!

Allyce · Married on 10/07/2017

Amazing experience with A+ Entertainment. They were on top of everything and truly went above and beyond to help our day run flawlessly and ensure everyone had a great time! Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Allyce and Dennis,
    Thank you so much! We are honored by your response! Our Master of Ceremonies Patrick and DJ Christopher Linsell said that the two of you were an absolute blast! Thanks again, Thomas and Shannon

Brandy · Married on 10/07/2017

Great experience

Our wedding was this past Friday at Castle Farms in Charlevoix. Our DJ (Thomas) was a huge part of how successful our wedding was. From the beginning, he took the the time to get to know us as people, not just another bride and groom. We had a moderately untraditional plan for how things would flow, and Thomas took it all in stride, providing a seamless experience. The set up of the DJ equipment was impressive to say the least. My guests had a blast and I literally just got a text from a guest saying how she is still sore from dancing so much. He was attentive during the reception, without being in our faces the whole night. We were not from the Charlevoix area, and we were able to get recommendations for other services and vendors in the area from him that we may not have discovered on our own. We highly recommend A + Entertainment! Brandy and Chris

Sent on 08/27/2019

Jennifer · Married on 10/06/2017

We could not believe that our Emcee and DJ would also be our musician for our ceremony, but beyond that we could not believe that he would be willing to accept arrangements of music that we had created. Tom and his guitarist played flawlessly each piece that was asked for and each piece that I submitted.

His history of working with our photographer and the venue allowed the schedule to flow seamlessly with modifications made only to make the event as wonderful as it could be. Tom was able to meet the high demands we asked for the reception music and gave energy to the dance floor that kept everyone entertained and enjoying themselves.

The supplemental uplighting transformed the reception space into our dream realized. They were able to make the colors of our theme shine with flair without being gaudy or obtrusive.

A+ Event Entertainment was better than we could have imagined. Their website and forms were incredibly easy to use while their response time to emails were prompt and friendly. They truly wanted to make a memorable and magical day for us.

Sent on 12/19/2017

Jennifer and Justin,
    Your words have touched us more than you could ever imagine!
    Thank you both SO much for taking the time to write this (and for sending the personal Thank You as well).

Michelle · Married on 09/29/2017

They kept the party going all night! No one wanted to get off the dance floor! They made everything fun and easy from the preplanning to the actual event! Even got my 91 year old grandma dancing until the night ended!

A+ Event Entertainment 6
    Sent on 10/25/2017

Michelle and Patrick,
    Thank you so much for your kind words!
    And your grandmother was such a hoot! Just goes to show, you're never too old!