A Cut Above Full Service Salon Reviews

A Cut Above Full Service Salon 5
A Cut Above Full Service Salon 6
A Cut Above Full Service Salon 7

kayleigh · Getting married on 08/10/2019

I recently received the airbrush makeup service and had an up-do done for a wedding I was in. The hair stylists and makeup artists were amazing. The entire staff was so friendly, offering a fruit platter and mimosas as we got ready. It was the perfect atmosphere for the bride and her bridesmaids to get ready and pampered the morning of her big day! They took care of every detail and were extremely professional. I would recommend them to anyone and will most likely be utilizing them for my upcoming wedding next year!

Billie Jo · Married on 08/04/2018

Michelle and her Glam squad are amazing!! As the MOB I knew where the BEST place was for hair and makeup!! When I forgot babies breath for the hair, they jumped right in.. and Michele saved the day! All the girls were VERY happy!!

A Cut Above Full Service Salon 8
    A Cut Above Full Service Salon 9

McKenzie · Married on 08/04/2018

Michelle and her team were amazing to work with! During the whole process they were very conscientious that we liked our hair and makeup, frequently showing us how it was going and making sure we were happy. It was all exactly how we wanted it! I also had a large scar I wanted covered for the big day. Michelle had me come in early to work with Samantha (who is awesome) to find the best way to cover it. She spent 2 hours trying so many different ideas to make sure I was truly happy! They were so kind and professional the entire experience. I couldn’t be happier!

• Nina

Nina · Married on 07/28/2018

Michelle and her team at A Cut Above did an amazing job making my bridal party and family look gorgeous for my wedding day. She traveled all the way to Cazenovia, NY, brought Mimosa’s, and a fruit tray! She and her team were very professional and were able to do 9 bridal up-do’s and 5 make-up applications all by 1 pm! Not only did we all look amazing but the make-up and hair stayed put on a very hot and humid day, and survived hours of dancing! I cannot thank Michelle, Jessica, and Alysia enough for their hand in making my wedding day beautiful! ~Nina

rachel · Married on 06/24/2018

Planning a semi-destination wedding four hours away was difficult because I was not familiar with any of the vendors in the Finger Lakes, NY region. I had to go solely based off of reviews of previous brides from wedding websites. I had requested on-site services at our venue. Michelle and her team arrived on time and were all setup and ready to go for us at the time we had agreed on. Michelle even surprised us with mimosas! Michelle and her team did an amazing job on myself and my entire bridal party. All of the bridesmaids, mothers and myself were thrilled with how our hair/makeup came out! I could not believe how gorgeous everyone looked. Many guests also complimented on how amazing the bridal party looked. The bridal party was also given their lip gloss, so we could re-apply as needed. I am so glad I went with A Cut above Salon for my wedding. I would highly recommend Michelle & her team!

A Cut Above Full Service Salon 10
    A Cut Above Full Service Salon 11
    A Cut Above Full Service Salon 12

Julie · Married on 06/23/2018

Planning my Lacona, NY wedding from Charlotte, NC, I was going in blind. I had never heard of A Cut Above, had a trial, or anything. I cannot say enough about Michelle and her team. She was in constant contact with me, and made sure everything was as I wanted it. The morning of my wedding, my bridesmaids and I went over to the salon, and were met with so much enthusiasm and the girls took instant care of us. They also didint mind that my mom tagged along to join the fun! Michelle checked with me during every step of my hair to make sure it was exactly what I wanted, and my makeup was beautiful. I highly recommend these girls, and thank you for making me wedding beautiful!!

A Cut Above Full Service Salon 13

Scarlett · Married on 06/16/2018

A cut above did a fabulous job on my wedding day!! The makeup and hair team were amazing! They made everyone feel and look so beautiful!! Thank you so much for making my wedding day feel like a fairy tale! ❤️❤️

Tony · Married on 06/03/2018

I don't even know where to start, you MADE my Wedding day absolutely Amazing!!!! A day I'll never FORGET!!! You took ALL the pressure off starting with hair and make up. That's all my husband hired Michelle to do. She then exceeded EVERY possible expectation by steaming dress to be perfect, music for ceremony, pictures through out from beginning to end, dressing me, carrying dress and flowers over by ⛴ (ferry) AND best of ALL Face Timing my family with my phone from New York BOLDT Castle to Wilsonville ALABAMA so they could watch ceremony. She made an AMAZING Wedding Coordinator and only hired to do hair and makeup!!!!!! I can't THANK YOU enough !!! Your made my WEDDING DAY BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Michelle lives up to the name "A cut above"!! Way above!

A Cut Above Full Service Salon 14

Terri · Married on 06/02/2018

We had our wedding at Tailwater Lodge. We are from out of town and Michelle and her team came to Tailwater. I forgot to get a hair and make up trail done but this team made me look beautiful the day of my wedding. So professional and easy to get along with. I HIGHLY suggest them to any bride.

A Cut Above Full Service Salon 15

Lisa · Married on 06/02/2018

Michelle and her staff came to the Tailwater Lodge to do our hair and make-up for our son and daughter in-law's wedding. They did such an incredible job on all of us. They are so much fun, so very professional and talented. I would highly recommend their salon for any function. Thank you again!! Lisa DeBois

Carrigan · Married on 05/05/2018

I have gone here for years, but may I say that this team is amazing!!!! My girls were thrilled and she even did a extra girl for me! She brought a drink for us and even a huge fruit tray!! She was the best through and through!!!

Andrea · Married on 04/14/2018

A Cut Above Salon recently did hair and makeup for the whole bridal party for my April wedding. Michelle and the whole team did a very wonderful job! Not only where they on time, they were ready and waiting when we arrived in the room. They drove over an hour, one way, in an ice storm! They gave us such professional and dedicated service, a real value for the money. I highly recommend them to anyone!

A Cut Above Full Service Salon 16
    A Cut Above Full Service Salon 17
    A Cut Above Full Service Salon 18
    A Cut Above Full Service Salon 19
    A Cut Above Full Service Salon 20
    A Cut Above Full Service Salon 21

Molly · Married on 01/07/2018

Michele and her team were AMAZING to work with! For months in advance, Michele worked with me to sort out every little detail to make sure that me and my bridal party were not just satisfied but in love with our looks. I was a nervous bride and brought up all of my insecurities about my appearance to Michele. For each insecurity, Michele was supportive and found creative solutions to make me the beautiful bride I thought I couldn't be. Michele and her salon were always able to get me and my party in very promptly (and boy did I frequent the salon a lot!) and got back to me within a couple hours at most if I had any questions or ideas. The morning of my wedding they were on-site promptly and worked fluidly and professionally to get us all ready: they did everyone's hair do's, manicures, makeup, and false lashes. They constantly checked with us to make sure we liked what they were doing and corrected anything we wanted changed down to a single fly away hair or how heavy the pigment of our eyeshadow was. The salon's prices were unbeatable and was worth every penny and more. If you're considering using A Cut Above Salon for your beauty services, look not further, because they are perfect!

Brook · Married on 12/08/2017

The cut above team was absolutely amazing and the best makeup and hair I could’ve chosen for me and my bridal party. The makeup was absolutely stunning as well as the hair. They were super kind and loved how at ease they all helped us feel. Definitely the best choice I could’ve made for my wedding.

Jenna · Married on 09/16/2017

They went above and beyond to help my girls and I feel special, We all looked gorgeous and had many compliments. Michelle even took charge of situations that came up and helped to make sure everything was perfect. Above and beyond ALL expectations. Highly recommended.

Maria · Married on 09/15/2017

My daughter's wedding was Friday at Tailwater Lodge. The staff was easy to work with, accommodating , most important, EVERYONE looked spectacular! The hair and makeup were both sheer perfection, and lasted all day AND night! I honestly cannot express how we were all 200% pleased. Bonus, their prices were more than reasonable. Thank you ladies!!!

Hilary · Married on 09/02/2017

The girls at A Cut Above are amazing! They traveld to my wedding venue so that my bridesmaids, my family, and I could get ready together the morning of. The hair and makeup were abosolutly amazing and last through the day and night! They are all very sweet and you can tell they love what they do and truly care!

Jamie · Married on 08/12/2017

I got married this past August and so thrilled I decided to go through cut above! The girls traveled to me to where I wanted to get ready and were the absolute best!! I was so impressed with both my hair an make up an all my girls looked awesome as well! Couldnt of imagined my special day without Cut Above!! Thank you so much!!!

Kelly · Married on 08/12/2017

Michelle and her girls are awesome! They did a Wonderful job, hair and makeup were spectacular definitely suggest everyone to go here not just for your wedding but for all your beauty needs thank you for making my daughter look beautiful on her special day.

Alexandra · Married on 08/11/2017

I feel so grateful to have had Michelle and her team come do our hair and makeup for my big day. I was originally booked with someone else and never felt the warmth and excitement I did from Michelle. I was so lucky her team was available on such short notice, and where willing to travel to Hamilton NY.

Her team was on time, professional, kind, and talented. Michelle checked in with me a couple times before the big day to go over styles and different ideas. I couldn't believe how intuitive she was with what I wanted, and how she was able to explain the different kinds of makeup and styles to someone who never wears makeup, without belittling me, or making me feel like I have to wear EVERYTHING to look pretty. Her entire team listened very carefully to what we wanted, and actually did what we asked adding in their professional expertise.

We were a big group, 11 including myself, but Michelle and her team had us looking fabulous in a little over three hours. I was so happy with how everyone looked and would recommend A Cut Above Full Service Salon to anyone and everyone, they really did a fantastic job at a very affordable rate!

Tiffany · Married on 07/28/2017

Jess and Michelle did my hair for my wedding for me, bridal party, mom, grandma and mother in law. Both were absolutely phenomenal! Fun to work with, very professional, and did all of us so quickly so we could get out the door! They traveled to Buffalo for us and we are so grateful! We received so many compliments. Thank you Jess and Michelle! We highly recommend your services!!

Lisa · Married on 03/18/2017

I found Michele and A Cut Above by reading Yelp reviews and decided to give her a call for my March 2017 wedding. From our very first conversation it was clear that she was down to earth, professional, receptive, and just what I was looking for!
    The first time I came into the salon was for a spray tan before my Key West Bachelorette Party and I was greeted with a packet of 2-for-1 drink coupons to some of my favorite Key West bars!! AMAZING!
    About a month later I came in for my trial and I showed Michele a few pictures and a general idea of what I wanted... and when I mentioned "I'll probably have some flowers in my hair" she plucked a hydrangea from a vase and worked it right into the style! When I looked in the mirror I was SHOCKED at how perfectly she executed the idea of what I wanted. Truly impressive!!
    Then the day of the wedding... best day ever!... Michele and her team arrived on time and wasted no time getting themselves set up in the tornado that was our room... champagne in tow! I have some VERY picky gals in my group so I was so relieved that no one seemed to mind when they asked to have their hair re-done to meet their expectations!
    And then it was my turn... as soon as I sat down I became a nervous wreck!! Constantly needing to take breaks to chat with my girls, bark orders for someone to find my parents, shove some fries in my mouth, drink champagne... and when she was done with my hair I had a moment of insanity and decided I wanted it completely different!... which I hated! But through out all of this Michele kept me calm, never seemed annoyed and promptly gave me my original hair style which I LOVED.

If you are looking for wedding hair and make-up, or just a welcoming professional salon, A Cut Above is the way to go!!! Thanks again Michele and Team!!

Liz · Married on 02/11/2017

I cannot say enough about the level of service I have received at A Cut Above. They got myself and my entire wedding party in on relatively short notice. I love that whenever I go in for a routine haircut, everyone is so friendly and courteous and they make sure I am 100% satisfied with my service. As for my wedding day, the owner Michelle made it her top priority to get us ready to our satisfaction for the day, and every stylist on the team contributed. Also they NAILED my hair and make up for the day. If I could have them airbrush my face every day I absolutely would. I would highly recommend A Cut Above for both routine hair care, coloring, brazilian blowouts and for special events. Any time in the future that I need to be made up for an event I will plan to book with them. Fabulous work!

Maryann · Married on 11/11/2011

It has been almost 6 years since our wedding day. My friends and family still rave at how special Michelle made them feel while doing their hair and makeup....as for me....I was the most beautiful bride ever! Love A Cut Above and Michelle!!

Colleen · Married on 08/11/2017

A Cut Above helped to make the bride, bridal party, and family look and feel fabulous for my friends big day. They came on time, bringing fruit for the bridal party to enjoy and got right to work. They were organized, efficient, and made sure that each girl loved her hair and makeup. The two women doing our hair took one style the bride liked and made it look unique and beautiful on each bridesmaid. All four women listened to what the bride and bridal party wanted and were willing to make any adjustments if necessary (there weren't many). They were all very nice and accommodating. We could not have been happier with their service!