14 Reviews for A Cut Above Full Service Salon

On-Site Hair (2)
Contour Makeup (1)
Natural Makeup (1)
14 A Cut Above Full Service Salon Reviews

Michele and her team were AMAZING to work with! For months in advance, Michele worked with me to sort out every little detail to make sure that me and my bridal party were not just satisfied but in love with our looks. I was a nervous bride and brought up all of my insecurities about my appearance to Michele. For each insecurity, Michele was supportive and found creative solutions to make me the beautiful bride I thought I couldn't be. Michele and her salon were always able to get me and my party in very promptly (and boy did I frequent the salon a lot!) and got back to me within a couple hours at most if I had any questions or ideas. The morning of my wedding they were on-site promptly and worked fluidly and professionally to get us all ready: they did everyone's hair do's, manicures, makeup, and false lashes. They constantly checked with us to make sure we liked what they were doing and corrected anything we wanted changed down to a single fly away hair or how heavy the pigment of our eyeshadow was. The salon's prices were unbeatable and was worth every penny and more. If you're considering using A Cut Above Salon for your beauty services, look not further, because they are perfect!

Profile Picture Molly, 1/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

The cut above team was absolutely amazing and the best makeup and hair I could’ve chosen for me and my bridal party. The makeup was absolutely stunning as well as the hair. They were super kind and loved how at ease they all helped us feel. Definitely the best choice I could’ve made for my wedding.

Profile Picture Brook, 12/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, Updos/Styling

They went above and beyond to help my girls and I feel special, We all looked gorgeous and had many compliments. Michelle even took charge of situations that came up and helped to make sure everything was perfect. Above and beyond ALL expectations. Highly recommended.

Profile Picture Jenna, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling, Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup

My daughter's wedding was Friday at Tailwater Lodge. The staff was easy to work with, accommodating , most important, EVERYONE looked spectacular! The hair and makeup were both sheer perfection, and lasted all day AND night! I honestly cannot express how we were all 200% pleased. Bonus, their prices were more than reasonable. Thank you ladies!!!

Profile Picture Maria, 9/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

The girls at A Cut Above are amazing! They traveld to my wedding venue so that my bridesmaids, my family, and I could get ready together the morning of. The hair and makeup were abosolutly amazing and last through the day and night! They are all very sweet and you can tell they love what they do and truly care!

Profile Picture Hilary, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I got married this past August and so thrilled I decided to go through cut above! The girls traveled to me to where I wanted to get ready and were the absolute best!! I was so impressed with both my hair an make up an all my girls looked awesome as well! Couldnt of imagined my special day without Cut Above!! Thank you so much!!!

Profile Picture Jamie, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

Michelle and her girls are awesome! They did a Wonderful job, hair and makeup were spectacular definitely suggest everyone to go here not just for your wedding but for all your beauty needs thank you for making my daughter look beautiful on her special day.

Profile Picture Kelly, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I feel so grateful to have had Michelle and her team come do our hair and makeup for my big day. I was originally booked with someone else and never felt the warmth and excitement I did from Michelle. I was so lucky her team was available on such short notice, and where willing to travel to Hamilton NY.

Her team was on time, professional, kind, and talented. Michelle checked in with me a couple times before the big day to go over styles and different ideas. I couldn't believe how intuitive she was with what I wanted, and how she was able to explain the different kinds of makeup and styles to someone who never wears makeup, without belittling me, or making me feel like I have to wear EVERYTHING to look pretty. Her entire team listened very carefully to what we wanted, and actually did what we asked adding in their professional expertise.

We were a big group, 11 including myself, but Michelle and her team had us looking fabulous in a little over three hours. I was so happy with how everyone looked and would recommend A Cut Above Full Service Salon to anyone and everyone, they really did a fantastic job at a very affordable rate!

Profile Picture Alexandra, 8/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health
Services Used: Airbrush Makeup, Eye Makeup, Fake Lashes, Natural Makeup, On-Site Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Group Services, Hair, Makeup, Multi. Stylists, On-Site Hair, Updos/Styling

Jess and Michelle did my hair for my wedding for me, bridal party, mom, grandma and mother in law. Both were absolutely phenomenal! Fun to work with, very professional, and did all of us so quickly so we could get out the door! They traveled to Buffalo for us and we are so grateful! We received so many compliments. Thank you Jess and Michelle! We highly recommend your services!!

Profile Picture Tiffany, 7/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I found Michele and A Cut Above by reading Yelp reviews and decided to give her a call for my March 2017 wedding. From our very first conversation it was clear that she was down to earth, professional, receptive, and just what I was looking for!
The first time I came into the salon was for a spray tan before my Key West Bachelorette Party and I was greeted with a packet of 2-for-1 drink coupons to some of my favorite Key West bars!! AMAZING!
About a month later I came in for my trial and I showed Michele a few pictures and a general idea of what I wanted... and when I mentioned "I'll probably have some flowers in my hair" she plucked a hydrangea from a vase and worked it right into the style! When I looked in the mirror I was SHOCKED at how perfectly she executed the idea of what I wanted. Truly impressive!!
Then the day of the wedding... best day ever!... Michele and her team arrived on time and wasted no time getting themselves set up in the tornado that was our room... champagne in tow! I have some VERY picky gals in my group so I was so relieved that no one seemed to mind when they asked to have their hair re-done to meet their expectations!
And then it was my turn... as soon as I sat down I became a nervous wreck!! Constantly needing to take breaks to chat with my girls, bark orders for someone to find my parents, shove some fries in my mouth, drink champagne... and when she was done with my hair I had a moment of insanity and decided I wanted it completely different!... which I hated! But through out all of this Michele kept me calm, never seemed annoyed and promptly gave me my original hair style which I LOVED.

If you are looking for wedding hair and make-up, or just a welcoming professional salon, A Cut Above is the way to go!!! Thanks again Michele and Team!!

Profile Picture Lisa, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

I cannot say enough about the level of service I have received at A Cut Above. They got myself and my entire wedding party in on relatively short notice. I love that whenever I go in for a routine haircut, everyone is so friendly and courteous and they make sure I am 100% satisfied with my service. As for my wedding day, the owner Michelle made it her top priority to get us ready to our satisfaction for the day, and every stylist on the team contributed. Also they NAILED my hair and make up for the day. If I could have them airbrush my face every day I absolutely would. I would highly recommend A Cut Above for both routine hair care, coloring, brazilian blowouts and for special events. Any time in the future that I need to be made up for an event I will plan to book with them. Fabulous work!

Profile Picture Liz , 2/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health

It has been almost 6 years since our wedding day. My friends and family still rave at how special Michelle made them feel while doing their hair and makeup....as for me....I was the most beautiful bride ever! Love A Cut Above and Michelle!!

Profile Picture Maryann, 11/11/11, 1 Review
Category: Beauty & Health

A Cut Above helped to make the bride, bridal party, and family look and feel fabulous for my friends big day. They came on time, bringing fruit for the bridal party to enjoy and got right to work. They were organized, efficient, and made sure that each girl loved her hair and makeup. The two women doing our hair took one style the bride liked and made it look unique and beautiful on each bridesmaid. All four women listened to what the bride and bridal party wanted and were willing to make any adjustments if necessary (there weren't many). They were all very nice and accommodating. We could not have been happier with their service!

Profile Picture Colleen, 8/11/17, 1 Review