A Cut Above Catering Reviews

6 | Carmel, IN

6 Reviews for A Cut Above Catering

Teresa · Married on 09/29/2018

Wedding Caterer

A Cut Above was amazing. From the beginning they were fun and easy to work with. They gave us exactly what we asked for and the food was truly amazing. Our guests commented on how good the food and service was. They also worked very well with our vendor, which made it easier on us! Chef Susan seeked me out before they left to give me a hug and thank me for using them. That meant so much to me! Not only is their food good but their service is great too!

Sent on 11/01/2018

A Cut Above Catering's reply:

Teresa, thank you so much! We thoroughly enjoyed doing your wedding reception on September 29th at Mustard Seed Gardens!

Annette · Married on 10/12/2013

From start to finish, working with A Cut Above was like working with my best girlfriends. They were fun, professional and accommodating.

We served a chili bar with baked potatoes and all the fixings. They were so helpful in developing the menu. I knew I liked them when we were talking about the fruit and cheese appetizers and I asked that it be placed on the outdoor bar area. They advised me to put it inside because of bugs. I was sold! They politely gave their expert opinion and weren't afraid to let you know there was a better way.

We received numerous comments that the chili was outstanding and the staff was attentive and took good care of all our guests. The chef on staff even served the groom and myself to ensure that we ate.

My only negative comment was that the bartender stopped serving at "Last call" instead of giving everyone a chance to get one more drink. But if that is our only complaint, and it is, then we are impressed!

We would highly recommend A Cut Above to anyone needing catering service. They are friendly, helpful, and make delicious food!!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Suzanne · Married on 10/04/2013

I want to express my gratitude for the amazing catering services that were provided for my daughters wedding!! A Cut Above is fantastic!!! The food was great. I never expected so many people to come up to me and let me know how delicious the food was. No one usually likes wedding food, but I give a huge thank you for A Cut Above being a "breath of fresh air". They always had a smile-which was very contagious. They were calmly in control at all times and never seemed overwhelmed. For so many reasons, they made my evening. My daughter and son-in-law thanked me over and over again for giving them their dream wedding, and I applaud A Cut Above for being a big part of making that dream come true for them. They came up with the perfect menu to suit all of our needs!! I would highly recommend them to any friends or family. I hope I get a chance to eat their delicous food again!!

Sent on 07/23/2014
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 04/20/2013

I used A Cut Above for both catering and bartending (I provided the alcohol) at our wedding.

The food was MARVELOUS. I took ideas to them at our first meeting, and they took my ideas and changed them up a little so it would be less expensive for us, which was very much appreciated. Our tasting was again, marvelous, and I cannot sing enough praise for how obsessed my now-husband and I were immediately following that tasting. We were really sad to finish the food! It was delicious and looked amazing - so, so good.

We also used A Cub Above for bartending service at the wedding. Our venue allowed us to provide our own alcohol, however we required licensed bartenders, which we hired from A Cut Above. Now, let me say right off the bat that it may have been a miscommunication, but I did have a bit of an issue with the bartenders at the reception. First, they allowed guests to give them liquor to put behind the bar. [We chose to serve only beer and wine to guests, with a very small - as in two bottles - stash of hard liquor specifically for our wedding party.] This concerned me because, quite frankly, we didn't think it was a good idea to serve liquor to guests for fear of them getting too rowdy - which is exactly what happened. In that same vain, at some point in the evening, the bartenders started serving shots. We were specifically told at our final meeting that NO shots would be served, even if it was to our wedding party. Again, I was concerned about guests consuming too much alcohol, and the shots certainly didn't help. Unfortunately, I didn't find out about either of these issues until after the wedding, so I wasn't able to stop it as it was happening.

Other than that, I highly recommend A Cut Above. My advice for future brides would be to make it very, very clear what the alcohol policy is and that someone monitors the bar area to ensure that those policies are followed.

Sent on 04/23/2013

3.5

Overall I was very happy with my wedding catering with A Cut Above Catering.

From the beginning I felt like Amy and her team was very accommodating as they were able to work with specific needs of mine. I was extremely happy with the quality of food and attention to detail with my theme/color scheme. Amy and Megan (from my venue, Mustard Seed Gardens) worked together seamlessly to ensure a LOT less work on my end, handling details that I would have never considered.

My only issue was a specific bartender who was disrespectful to a few of my guests, constantly questioning them as to how much they had to drink. He specifically called out my aunt for "needing to be cut off" and she hadn't even had one drink all night. He threatened to call the police on one of my groomsmen, and while I can agree that that he had a little too much to drink, these were our guests and any issues should have been brought up to myself of my husband rather than threatening our guests with legal action. I would highly suggest that they take him off their bartending roster as he has very limited patience to be working the liquor industry- weddings none the less.

Regardless of that, we truly enjoyed our experience with A Cut Above and thank them for making our day so special. We even took time to sit and eat for 10 minutes! We couldn't let all of that deliciousness go to waste!

Sent on 11/05/2013

Stephanie · Married on 05/26/2013

3.5

A Cut Above Catering in Carmel was actually on our venue's preferred vendor list, so my fiancé and I thought we would check them out along with a couple of other places in the Indy area. Our initial interaction with this company was exceptional!! We had our initial meeting over the phone and the event manager was amazing. We told her our budget, which was fairly small, and what types of foods we would prefer and she came up with some really great and unique ideas, so we hired them. Soon after, things got a little rocky. Apparently there company was going through some changes that I was stuck right in the middle of. Since I had already sent in a booking deposit, I decided to move forward with this company despite my newfound concerns and set up a tasting with them. The food at the tasting was pretty good but didn't get me too excited. That being said, I gave them tons of suggestions when I left to make the food more to my liking. After about a month of still not really knowing what was going on, I emailed the company to ask them a couple of ?s and received an email back from Lindsay, their NEW event manager. She emailed me back to let me know that she wasn't familiar with our event but that she would go over everything and get back to me ASAP. From there on out, everything was perfect!! Lindsey fixed all of the problems with the contract, answered emails right away and had some really creative ideas at the final meeting. THE WEDDING DAY...A Cut Above exceeded my expectations! They listened to all of the changes I asked them to make and did a phenomenal job in the end. The food was absolutely AMAZING!! I've had numerous people tell me that it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding (and that stands true for me, as well). Both the food and service were great...would HIGHLY recommend now that they have gotten past the issues their company was dealing with. Amy is an amazing chef and Lindsay is very good at what she does...they make a great team! A+++

Sent on 07/09/2013