A Cottage Gardener Reviews

30 Reviews for A Cottage Gardener

1 User photo

A Cottage Gardener 1

Rupak · Married on 03/31/2018

Hiring Kimberly Bakke and her staff at A Cottage Gardener was the best choice we made for these reasons:

1) Excellent Value- Kim worked with us on our budget, and was not afraid to tell us what options were most important and matched what we wanted, and which ones were less necessary and could be cut to save money. She would reuse items if they could be repurposed for later events during our wedding, which we really appreciated because she could have easily insisted we purchase separate items for each event.

2) Dedication to clients- To get the best flowers available, Kim went all the way to New York City to shop at premier flower markets. It was there that she found these unique gray flowers that really added a nice nuance to our color palette. what was most touching was how enthusiastic Kim was about trying new and unfamiliar things. We asked her to decorate a mandap for an Assamese Indian wedding, which we planned by looking at photos. We asked for a traditional floral thyme crown for me, which she decided to mix with rosemary for structural stability. We also asked for red and white flower garlands for the Hindu ceremony, and she learned how to make them by speaking with another florist at the New York City flower markets. These gestures meant so much to us!

Paige · Married on 11/18/2017

Thank God for Kim! I needed to hire someone that I could explain my vibe for the wedding to and have them run with it. I wanted someone who's vision I could trust and they could really just take over and do their thing (I really don't know what i'm doing when it comes to flowers!)-- and Kim was absolutely perfect in every single way. She is so gifted, it's truly amazing. I really didn't know how to explain what I wanted and Kim just understand me and the vibe I was looking for without me really even saying it. I completly trusted her vision and knew I would love absolutely anything she created. What she made for us was truly beyond my wildest imagination. Our reception was breath taking and I still have people talking to me about how beautiful, playful, elegent and whimsical (all rolled into one!) everything was. She absolutely nailed the vintage look I was going for with both my bouquet and my bridesmaids bouquets. Beyond all of this---Kim was an absolute pleasure to work with and has made us feel like her friends, rather than just a client, throughout the entire process. My parents were absolutely enamored by what she created and we could not be more thrilled that she will be the florist for my sister's wedding in May. My husband and I are also just excited that we get to hang out with her again too!!

Christie · Married on 11/12/2017

We hired Kim as our florist and day of coordinator for our wedding, and we were blown away by her work in both areas. I don’t know a ton about flowers, so Kim was absolutely excellent to point us in the right direction. She worked with me to come up with a “vision” for our florals and decor and executed it perfectly. There was so much thought put into all our details, and our guests loved all of it. As for being our coordinator, Kim kept us on a tight timeline, made sure our ceremony ran seamlessly, and kept all of my vendors organized the day of the wedding. That made it possible for me to just relax and get ready -- exactly what a bride should be doing on her wedding day! I would highly recommend her to any newly engaged couple looking to seriously wow on their wedding day.

Danielle · Married on 09/17/2017

I cannot say enough good things about working with Kim! I hired her to be the day-of-planner and decorator at my wedding and she absolutely blew me away! My husband and I did a lot of DIY projects, but Kim incorporated everything beautifully and ensured that nothing felt DIY about our wedding. From our first meeting, she was always so fun to talk to and really "got" the design and feel I wanted. Kim and her team were so accommodating and helped to make my wedding day stress-free and fun. Kim- thank you so much for everything you did! I still have guests gushing about how it was one of, if not the most, beautiful weddings they have ever attended!

angela · Married on 09/16/2017

Wow! Kim is AMAZING! She made our wedding so beautiful and whimsical. It was better then I could have ever imagined. I am still receiving so many compliments on how beautiful our wedding was; and that was mostly due to Kim! Our venue was beautiful on its own, but required a lot of creativity to kind of bring it to life and make it the best it could be. Kim certainly did not disappoint, and I will never forget the way she made the entire space feel; and the impact she had on our special day! She is truly the best!

A Cottage Gardener 2

Kim did such an amazing job with our wedding! She really took the time to get to know our style and put so much thought into every little detail. Everything from the arbor to my bouquet was above and beyond what I could imagine. She is so talented, she gave me exactly what I was looking for but didn't even know I wanted! I don't even have words for how beautiful she made our venue. Thank you Kim for everything!

Sent on 12/11/2016

A Cottage Gardener's reply:

Thank you so much, Kristina. You are the sweetest bride and I loved working with you. I'm so glad you trusted me with your wedding. I wish you all happiness in your new life!! xoxo

Grace · Married on 06/18/2016

Kim, A Cottage Gardener, has a natural talent for designing the wedding of your dreams. She will talk with you until she has seen your vision in her mind. Kim is professional, yet very personable. Flowers and decor were at the top of my priority list while wedding planning- everything about it was absolutely stunning. She also even works well under pressure and a time constraint (although not preferable, she can do it!)

Sent on 09/26/2016

A Cottage Gardener's reply:

Thank you, Grace, your wedding was so fun and unique to design. It was a great experience for us. And you were a beautiful, beautiful bride. Love you!

leslie · Married on 05/22/2016

Kim is an amazing artist! Her work is absolutely stunning and she knows just how to blend her aesthetic with her clients personalities. Not only was she extremely accommodating, inventive and insightful, but she is one of the sweetest people I had the pleasure to work with during my wedding planning process. I cannot recommend her enough!

Sent on 08/30/2016

A Cottage Gardener's reply:

Thank you, Leslie! Coming from a fellow artist, your insight means so much. Your wedding was so fun to design and you were a wonderful bride to work with. I wish you and Tyler all the best! Here's to future endeavors!

terry · Married on 12/12/2015

Kim is a true artist...everything she touches is golden. She turned our old barn into a beautiful, magical,enchanted forest, exactly as she and my daughter and son in law had dreamed it to be. To say it was beautiful is an understatement, it was absolutely BREATHTAKING!!!! I am still in awe of her talent and creative genius to work magic with lights and candles and all kinds of branches and vines and trees and stumps into a work of art ... And the flowers were just exquisite...and so whimsically fitting for the bride and the occasion. I still get goosebumps and tears when I think of the day and the beauty. She works hard to really create something special for each wedding and bride. No cookie cutter creations here... every wedding I've been to that Kim has worked her magic at has been beautiful, and also a creative reflection of that special couple and their special day. I am always in awe of her ability to do that. I am still receiving compliments on the beauty of Kim's creations for the wedding, even from people that I don't even know who happened to see pictures on Facebook. Kim was also the day planner for my daughters special day and as mother of the bride I could really relax and enjoy the day knowing all the little details were in her very competent hands.

Alexandra · Married on 10/02/2015

Kim was absolutely amazing to work with! After our initial meeting, I had complete trust in her and the outcome was beautiful. My bouquet was absolutely exquisite and more than I could have imagined. Her flowers enhanced every bit of our wedding. Kim works magic with flowers and she took our original ideas and went with it. Her creativity and passion for design shows through every arrangement, she is a true artist. Our guests have not stop complementing us on the flowers, everything was perfect!

Megan · Married on 09/11/2015

I had the privilege of attending a wedding designed by Kim a few years ago. The decor was stunning and I knew I would have to use her for my wedding (whenever that would be). Once engaged, I think I might have called Kim before calling most of my family! My husband and I were so excited to work with her. From the very first meeting to clean up on the night of the wedding it was seamless. Kim's excitement and willingness to implement our vision of a "garden party" made us that much more excited for our day. Even when our ideas felt unfeasible she found a way to make it happen. She is very detail oriented which made my little OCD heart so happy. But truthfully, she is so creative and talented that there is so little to worry about, whatever she creates will be magical. I think I spent a good portion of my honeymoon daydreaming of my bouquet! We are so thankful for everything Kim did to give us the wedding of our dreams.

Kelly · Married on 07/12/2015

I did chalkboard art alongside Kim for Rachel's wedding. She and Rachel had a wonderful vision for the rehearsal dinner, ceremony, and reception. Kim was very diligent, flexible, and dedicated to making that vision happen. Working with her was amazing. So amazing, in fact, that I've decided to use her for my own wedding this coming June. I can't wait, and know that she'll do an amazing job, as she always does!

A Cottage Gardener's reply:

Thank you, Kelly. Your work, as always, was mind blowing. I cannot wait for your wedding! This will be something for the books!

I can't stress enough how wonderful Kim was to work with for our wedding.

My husband and I had no idea how to express what we wanted, and our venue had a very different look than what we had originally envisioned (we had originally wanted an outdoor ceremony and reception, but the Bank Street Annex in Easton, PA was so convenient, unique, and reasonably priced that we opted for an outdoor ceremony with an indoor reception!).

Because we had no idea what we were doing, Kim was able to walk us through our thoughts and help us figure out how to make our indoor reception feel just as magical and romantic as an outdoor one. The end result was exactly what we wanted. The flowers she chose to use were unique and so beautiful. Everywhere, there were flowers. It was so beautiful! She even made me and the flower girl flower crowns! I cried when she gave me my bouquet. I cried when I saw her finished design in the reception venue. Good thing I wore waterproof mascara.

From the beginning of the planning process, through the event, and until the clean up the day after the wedding, Kim was so helpful, patient, and flexible. We ran into quite a few roadblocks and she took them on with ease and grace. I also know for a fact that she had other clients while working on our wedding, but I never once felt like I was sharing her!

I can't say it enough: she's amazing! So talented and wonderful to work with. Hire this woman!

Sent on 08/04/2015

A Cottage Gardener's reply:

I loved your wedding, Kelly. Your aesthetic and talent and trust in me to make it happen made your wedding a joy! I was so thrilled to be a part of such an important day in your life. I have also never seen a more joyful bride. You warmed my heart.

Gina · Married on 07/12/2014

My daughters wedding flowers were AMAZING!! We were got everything we asked for and more. The Cottage Gardener sources the best raw materials and then works her magic. Very creative, innovative and SUPER flexible, we changed our ideas a 100 times!! A gem to work with. Wish I had more weddings to plan!!!

A Cottage Gardener's reply:

Thank you, Gina. You are the absolute best to work with: great eye for beauty and open to the craziest of my ideas. Rachel's wedding was a dream.I wish you had more weddings too!

Rachel · Married on 07/12/2014

Kim is a very hard worker and is always open to new ideas. During the wedding planning process she always brought new ideas to the table and asked me my opinions on everything. She is inventive while at the same time will listen to your input and redirect her initial designs to accommodate your opinions/visions. Anyone would be lucky to have Kim on their team whether it's a Wedding, Bridal Shower, Holiday Party etc. :)

A Cottage Gardener's reply:

Thank you, Rachel, for your kind words! Working with an artist is always a thrill - you had a great sense of what you wanted and where we could go with it. I LOVED your wedding (weekend) - and loved working with you.

Carol · Married on 07/12/2014

Kim Bakke is remarkably talented in the area of floral design and creative staging for events. I was able to gain a glimpse into her work the day before the event and saw the beautiful room design unfold as the day progressed and her team worked together to reveal the final display. The smell of fresh eucalyptus was nearly intoxicating! The entire event area was transformed into a festive and magical space.

Sent on 03/02/2015

A Cottage Gardener's reply:

Thank you, Carol. I appreciate your kind words and appreciate you noticing the fragrance along with the design.
  • Jana

Jana · Married on 06/07/2014

Kim, from the Cottage Gardener, was amazing from start to finish. In our first meeting, it was obvious that she thought a lot about the concepts and visions that I had of a perfect wedding and then she led all of it to fruition. Her insight and desire to "get it right" was impeccable. The arrangements that she made for the wedding and the head pieces for the wedding party were not only breathtaking, but so well thought out with our specific theme. She also was able to ask me questions throughout the process of things I never considered when planning a wedding. She assured that the day was perfect for us! Thank you again Kim for your amazing vision and wonderful presence.

Traci · Married on 12/29/2013

I attended the wedding of my niece in December 2013. The decorations were beautiful in the church, with vines and lights. Very simple, but very elegant, and perfect for a wedding that took place right after Christmas. At the reception hall, the same theme followed. Low lights, lots of candles, vines, and vintage table decorations from picture frames to old books. They were placed in a very elegant way. I have to say that this was one of the most beautiful weddings and receptions that I have ever attended. I would highly recommend Kim Bakke as a wedding designer. She's very professional, and gifted, and will know just the right touches to add to make your event memorable.

Marie · Married on 12/29/2013

I have worked with Kim on a couple of weddings. A review and pictures truly can not capture the beauty and imagination of Kim's work. The candles, flowers, greens and props that all pull together to make beautiful arrangements and bouquets to suit the needs of any bride in any season. She is accommodating with her brides to meet their needs for both rehearsal dinner and the wedding day and will do all she can to make things extra special with small details.

Sent on 03/01/2015

A Cottage Gardener's reply:

Marie! Thank you! I love having you along for the journey.

Lori · Married on 06/07/2013

Kim was an absolute LIFESAVER for our wedding! It was a small event of 70 guests and not much time to plan, since we scheduled it with only 3 weeks to pull it together. It was both my husband's and my second wedding, since we were both widowed. Kim was not only sensitive to our particular needs, but brought amazing and very personalized ideas for us to chose from... and then the fun REALLY began! She is knowledgable about flowers, fresh ideas, event planning details, local vendors to recommend.. and anything else that you might forget you need to ask!

Our situation became even more of a challenge when our garden ceremony and cocktail hour was forecasted to be torrentially rained out! She found a last minute alternative venue that rivaled our original plan on the Delaware River! Not only that, but she kept her cool all along the way, helping us keep ours as well. :)

The response from everyone who attended was nothing but positive. Everything was magically beautiful, classy, relaxed and romantic. Kim would be an excellent choice for anyone looking for a behind the scene "angel" to help plan your event. THANKS KIM!!!

Sent on 11/24/2013

A Cottage Gardener's reply:

Lori, what craziness! Working with you (and Gary) was a joy. Truly. Even with insane time constraints and a tropical storm, you were open to suggestion and had such a fantastic attitude. I loved planning your wedding and watching you step into your new life with Gary. You're a special lady!

Kim provided an excellent setting for a winter wedding. Everything was tastefully done down to the smallest detail. The reception hall looked stunning and was ready long before the guests started to arrive. I would highly recommend using The Cottage Gardener!

Claire · Married on 12/29/2012

The Cottage Gardener was the soul reason why my wedding was so beautiful and such a success. Not only was working with Kim a breeze, but also such a pleasure! She carefully listened to all of my ideas and made the perfect suggestions to areas where I was uncertain. Kim really blew me away with her instincts in design and flower arrangement. She was easy to work with, great with communication and made every deadline I requested.

If you want to have the wedding of your dreams, then I highly recommend The Cottage Gardener. She sets herself apart from other Event Designers with her beautiful imagination and keen intuition. Kim made my dream wedding come true. Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!

Sent on 11/21/2013

A Cottage Gardener's reply:

Thank you, Claire. I'm so glad I was able to take your thoughts and visions and turn them into reality. It was a beautiful day, you were a stunning bride, and I feel privileged to have designed your wedding for you.

Amanda Marie · Married on 09/07/2012

The boho vibe that we wanted!

I cannot say enough great things about Kim!!

I was absolutely in love with Kim’s style. After seeing her Instagram account - I knew she would be the perfect florist for our wedding! And then when I met her, it was an absolute no brainer. My husband and I are huge fans of the outdoors and nature and I could tell immediately that we shared that with Kim.

The venue we chose was absolutely beautiful but I wanted to add a boho vibe and I knew the flowers were going to be huge in achieving that feel. The flowers Kim chose for our wedding delivered that boho vibe above and beyond my expectations! The first time I cried on my wedding day was when she gave me my bouquet - it was STUNNING!

We got married under an arbor where Kim hung flowers by silk ribbon and glass globes with candles in them. It could not have been more romantic and dreamy. It was literally exactly what I imagined and so uniquely “us”. I think our entire wedding was in awe at how beautiful the ceremony decor was.

For our reception - my mom collected over 200 vintage glass bottles as our centerpieces that Kim filled with beautiful flowers and greens. It was exactly what I pictured and it was the perfect addition to the ballroom to create that boho vibe we intended. A few days before the wedding we realized we had collected more bottles than our original contract with Kim stated. She had absolutely no issue getting more flowers for the extra bottles even though we only had a few days left until the wedding!

Kim also had some leftover flowers and greenery and was able to create for us an amazing garland runner for our head table that seated 21 people! It was the best surprise!

Kim’s talent and attention to detail is impeccable - you can tell that she genuinely wants to create something special and unique for you on your wedding day.

Thank you Kim for everything!!

Diana · Married on 09/18/2011

Kim's eye for design and sense of style really put the oomph in my daughter's barn wedding and reception. She transformed a bare bones space (really, it was an unfinished barn!) into something elegant and sophisticated. She was there for me every step of the way.