A Cookie and A Cupcake Reviews

25 | Cleveland, OH

25 Reviews for A Cookie and A Cupcake

Colette Ngana · Getting married on 06/05/2020

Amazing cupcakes!

My husband and I chose to have cupcakes at our wedding reception. We've been ordering cupcakes from A Cookie and A Cupcake for years and they did a wonderful job for our reception. They offer a large variety of flavors and have vegan and gluten free options. The display at the reception was beautiful! We highly recommend!

Sent on 05/30/2019
  • pammat

Pam · Married on 10/14/2017

AFTER WEDDING UPDATE: NOTHING but raves for these guys!!! Finally settled on 6 flavors, with custom frosting (all white, made to look like flowers) and a cutting cake. So amazingly good -- and beautiful!! The guests snarfed up the cupcakes, and just raved about them. The vegan cupcakes we ordered especially for a guest with an egg allergy, were called the best he'd ever had.

ACaaC was also extremely easy to work with. I added the vegan cupcakes on after the initial quote, and I threw in another 14 cupcakes about a week before the wedding. They just rolled with it.

Extraordinarily happy with the looks, service, and TASTE supplied!!!

OMG, at least try the cakes SO AMAZINGLY yummy. I had to take one of my attendants -- my groom had "no interest" in cupcakes (??) and we both enjoyed the cupcakes AND the experience. I've gone back and forth several times with them on what flavors and how to distinguish them and they've been really responsive even though the wedding isn't for months.

Sent on 03/29/2017

Mary Beth · Married on 10/08/2016

We loved working with A Cookie & A Cupcake! They have been my favorite cupcakes for years so when I got engaged I knew I had to have them for my wedding. SynDee was so easy to work with and her enthusiasm and pride in her work was apparent immediately. We decided to have a small cake to cut and have cupcakes for all of our guests on a rustic display. The cake and cupcakes were both beautiful and delicious. The display was probably the coolest dessert table I have ever seen. I sincerely recommend working with A Cookie & A Cupcake for all events but especially weddings.

Sent on 10/27/2016

Mary-Christina · Married on 07/01/2016

Absolutely love this place. No complaints at all. Great staff, prompt delivery, provided a cake stand, and our cupcakes were beautiful! Everyone loved them!

Sent on 11/16/2016

We absolutely love a Cookie and a Cupcake and were thrilled that they were in our budget for our wedding! We got so many compliments and everything was beautiful and delicious!

Sent on 12/01/2014
  • O

olivia · Married on 05/31/2014

My experience here was great from start to finish. When I taste-tested their cake, it was so delicious, and I knew I had found my cake vendor. They worked with me to do exactly the design I wanted, and it looked beautiful on the day of the wedding! It was absolutely delicious and my guests loved it. They had extra batter from my cake, so they even made two extra small cakes, with filling and icing! I was touched by that extra generosity. I can't recommend them enough- They are worth every penny!

Sent on 06/10/2014

Holly · Married on 09/28/2013

We had cupcakes and a small cake for cutting. Everything looked fantastic and people are still talking about the cupcakes. You can pick unlimited flavors, we picked 6 different flavors including some fall varieties and they were all awesome. They were very easy to work with and I highly recommend them.

Sent on 10/12/2013

Mary · Married on 09/22/2012

Syndee at A Cookie and A Cupcake was amazing to work with she took my vision of my dessert table to a level I never thought it could go. The cakes were absolutely amazing we got the salted carmel, apple and strawberry. The Salted Carmel and the Apple were the crowd pleasers. A Cookie and A Cupcake not only set up the dessert table but was also so flexible when it came to other desserts that were not there's and set them up as well. I would recommend them to everyone and anyone. Honestly the dessert table was the hightlight of the night!

Sent on 10/11/2012

heather · Married on 11/05/2011

A cookie and a cupcake was amazing!!!! I am a united states sailor who was out of town up until the day before my wedding, I had my mother in law go into the store with a concept of a custom cake I wanted to have made. I had a tuscan themed wedding, I wanted a 4 tier cake made that was to look like wine barrels and grapes hanging off. OMG they did not only exactly what I asked but even more amazing, it looked like something from cake boss or ace of cakes etc. I asked if they could make most of the cake under styrofoam so it would taste better and cut sheet cake in the back, they did it and it was cheaper. I had three flavors, german choc, strawberry , and red velvet, all were moist and amazing, every person at my wedding was in aww of my cake!!! I couldnt of asked for a better wedding cake or company to make it

Sent on 09/30/2012

Jacqueline · Married on 07/09/2011

Cupcakes were incredible! Definitely the most talked about at our event. Highly recommend their red velvet - fabulous! Very impressed with the set-up and presentation of the cupcakes at the event. Very friendly and willing to accommodate to requests.

Sent on 08/08/2011
  • Chris & Jennifer

Chris & Jennifer · Married on 07/02/2011

Oh my goodness!! I LOVE A Cookie and a Cupcake!! Syndee is the absolute sweetest woman ever. My husband and I were convinced we made the best decision choosing her as our baker after our tasting. We ordred 230 cupcakes and a 2 tier cake on top and it was amazing!! She took our exact damask monogram from our linens and added to the cake tiers! We liked 7 flavors and couldn't decide- so she said "just do them all" so we did! I have been to several weddings and seen wedding cake gone untouched--not this time. Those cupcakes were amazing and we are still getting compliments! They look and taste amazing! Definitly worth every penny!!!

Sent on 07/11/2011

A Cookie and A Cupcake's reply:

Thank you soooo much guys! It was a pleasure working with you. Remember you get 2 free cupcakes on your anniversary, just stop in anytime.

Katie · Married on 06/11/2011

DEEEEEEEELICOUS. amazing. everyone loved my cupcake arrangement. did an amazing job. very nice and easy to work with. highly recommended

Sent on 06/22/2011

Briana · Married on 09/18/2010

SynDee was absolutely wonderful to work with for all of our wedding baking needs. We decided that we were going to have a small cake for the ceremonial cutting, cupcakes for our guests and mini-cupcakes as our favors to send home with the guests. Needless to say, the cupcakes were a hit and most of our wedding guests admitted to eating their favors before dinner...they were so irresistible! I would encourage anyone getting married to stop by a Cookie and a Cupcake in Tremont for a quick taste test. Once we had one, we were addicted. SynDee even invites you back on your one-year anniversary for two free cupcakes to celebrate. What a nice touch!

Sent on 10/07/2010

Diana · Married on 09/06/2009

We had a cupcake cake made and it was fantastic. They even built the stand for the cupcakes to fit our needs. The top tier was real cake and the rest was cupcakes. It looked fantastic and everyone loved the cupcakes. They are delicious!

Sent on 01/16/2012

Andy · Married on 05/09/2009

Super easy to work with. We had a fairly straightforward wedding but things always pop up--but not with the cupcakes. They took care of everything and working with them was hassle free. Lots of different varieties of cupcakes, and of course they were all fantastic. They even told us not to bother freezing a cupcake and saving it for our first anniversary (anyone who has eaten a year old pastry will tell you it's awful...) because they would give us a new cake for free one year later. I would definitely recommend using them for your wedding or other event.

Sent on 01/15/2012

Megan · Married on 09/29/2007

SynDee is a friend I went to school with who moved on to become a magnificent Pastry Chef! I do not have enough wonderful things to say about SynDee & the cake she created for our wedding day! I drew a picture of what I wanted & she brought it to life! It was out of this world spectacular! I had a very non-traditional wedding cake. It was a mad hatter cake, that looked like it was falling over & was frosted in every color of the rainbow! FABULOUS! Call SynDee!

Sent on 01/01/2008

Melanie · Married on 10/22/2011

It is now January and friends are still talking about our wedding cake. That right there says it all. But really... from start to finish working with Wendy and her staff was a casual yet professional experience. My partner Jill and I could not have been more please. (and that butter-cream icing...OMG!)

Thanks for Everything!
    Melanie

Sent on 01/23/2012

Chelsea · Married on 07/05/2014

They were wonderful to work with. The cupcakes were a huge hit... Most people took cupcakes home. The woman in charge is so friendly and accommodating. The cupcakes are reasonably priced as well. I LOVED working with them!

Sent on 07/29/2014

Carey · Married on 07/09/2011

We had a small cake and then cupcakes. The cupcakes were so good! We will go back to them often!!

Sent on 01/14/2012

Tyson · Married on 09/24/2011

Great cupcakes and cookies!! We liked em so much we had to both for the receptionn Everyone loved them and there were none left at the end of the night! Yuuuuummmmy! Very easy to work with and great communicators. These ladies know what they are doing!!!

Sent on 02/12/2012

Natalie · Married on 09/03/2011

The best damn cupcake I have ever had in my life! We decided to go with cupcakes with a small cake on top (so we had something to cut). OMG...great. Service, great! They turned out to be exactly what I wanted. Not only where they on time, professional, but personal and wonderful to work with. I had no problems at all with this company. And they can bake their butts off! Only thing was, out cupcake stand had to be returned like in the next day or so. We were on our honeymoon so we had to have someone do it for us. If not, we would have been charged 200.00 for the stand! No biggie though, it was returned with no problem.

Sent on 09/20/2011

Monique · Married on 08/31/2013

Cookie and A Cupcake made our wedding cake the talk of the reception and thereafter!!!! They did a "SUPERB" job.

Monique Benning

Sent on 09/23/2013

Ronald & Talon · Married on 06/08/2013

3.0

I just want to say thank you to A Cookie and A Cupcake. The cake was beautiful and delicious. I could not decide what flavors to go with so I ended up selecting 4 different kinds. My guest love them all. All night people was asking me where I got my cake from. My husband loved the cupcakes so much that when he dropped the cupcake stand off he bought more of them....

Sent on 07/02/2013

melissa · Married on 06/09/2012

4.2
      3.5
      3.5

friendly service, flexible, imaginative, creative, lovely to work with. not to mention the best cakes and cupcakes you've ever tasted, not just in cleveland but around the world.

Sent on 06/11/2012

John · Married on 05/09/2015

1.4
      1.0
      2.0
      2.5
      0.5
      1.0

They sent us a broken stand for our cupcakes, and warned the staff at our hall that was unstable. When cutting the small cake, the top almost flipped vertical. They had the gall to charge us $200 for the stand that they delivered to us broken. Also, they never mentioned they were closed the next day, when I asked my father to drop off said piece of garbage stand while we were on a plane to our honeymoon. After coming back from our trip to news that they charged us $200 and acted arrogantly to my father who was doing me a kind favor, they had the nerve to lie to me and state that he became aggressive with them (which is not his character). In addition, they stated that we needed to pay for the stand and they would not take it back because they could not promise a future bride and groom that it would not break. So, the moral of the story is, they felt that it was ok to send us a busted piece of equipment that almost ruined our wedding and charge is for it, then take a arrogant moral argument that we have to pay so they don't do it again to someone else. These are the most arrogant and disgusting people you could ever work with for a wedding. Do yourself a favor, pay a little more for better service elsewhere.

Sent on 04/01/2017

A Cookie and A Cupcake's reply:

The power of the Internet allows you to write anything you want, whether it's true or false. Our reviews and reputation would suggest that this review has no validity. Although this wedding was a success, damage was done to the stand which we could not fix. We unfortunately had to charge you the fee associated with damaging the stand. I am sure you did not want to have to pay for that and hope after two years you would not be still upset. We wish you the best of luck in all your endeavors. .