A Bit of Earth Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

• Natalie
    Natalie T. Married on 09/04/2021

Made our dreams come true

UPDATE: We didn't think it was possible, but the florals for our "big wedding" on September 4th, 2021 were even more spectacular than we could have imagined. Dyana was so patient and helpful as I tried to figure out what I wanted, and how to make everything happen in our price range. The bridesmaids bouquets were so incredibly soft and feminine and lovely, and I didn't want to put down my bridal bouquet - I absolutely loved everything about it. We got so many compliments on the florals, people are still talking about them! We can't thank Dyana and her wonderful team enough for being such a big part of both of our wedding days, and for making our floral dreams come true! If you're considering working with Dyana, don't hesitate!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dyana could not have been more incredible to work with! Like many couples this year, we had to postpone our big dream wedding for at least a year. At the last minute, we decided to do a very small, family-only ceremony this year, and asked Dyana if she could do a small batch of florals for us. Despite not only the pandemic but also being evacuated in the middle of the Santa Cruz wildfires, Dyana created spectacular floral arrangements for us. Since our wedding was at the beach, Dyana really got creative with some stunning cascades of flowers along the rocks - all of our guests were talking about them and taking their photos in front of them :) My bouquet was so much more than I could have imagined - the soft colors, textures and movement of the bouquet was absolute perfection. Dyana truly went above and beyond, and put so much love into making our wedding day special. We can't thank her enough for everything she did for us, and absolutely can't wait to work with her again in 2021!

Thank you Natalie!
    It was pure joy working with you on your small family celebration. What a perfect day next to the ocean! So excited for next year's larger one.
    Take care, both of you!
    Kelly S. Married on 10/17/2020

Wonderful!

Working with Dyana was a wonderful experience! She truly listened to what we wanted and gave tons of helpful ideas and input that made everything come together. Her flowers were one of our favorite parts of our wedding!

Hi Kelly,
    I adored working with you and Garrett! Thank you for this lovely review.
    Wishing you two a lifetime of happiness together,
    Melissa L. Married on 07/29/2020

Amazing florist, amazing woman, amazing bouquet

Dyana became my florist the moment I met her. She has an extensive floral garden on her beautiful property, which we toured for inspiration and to select some for the bouquet. She took time with me to get a sense of me, of my then fiancée and me together, and of our style. She has ability to put it all together, to instill complete confidence, and to deliver a bouquet and boutonnière so perfect, so fresh, incorporating what I’d asked for and so much more.
    She’s so kind, so warm and genuine, and a true artist! I’d recommend her to anyone.

Melissa,
    It was my honor to do your wedding florals! Thank you for letting me share in your beautiful story. It warmed my heart during Covid when all was shut down to see two people so open to love!
    Wishing you and Tom all happiness,
    Jennifer R. Married on 07/11/2020

A Bit of Earth-bridal flowers

Dyana is amazing, our flowers were beautiful and unique. She was a pleasure to work with especially with Covid, she was flexible, supportive and reliable! I would use her again and again!

Jennifer,
    What a pleasure to share in your wedding day! Thank you for brightening this wacky Covid season for me. It was a joy to bring your beautiful vision to life at the Barn at River House.
    Wishing you two a lifetime of happiness together,
    Misha V. Married on 05/10/2020

The Easiest Wedding Decision

Working with Dyana was like a dream. In the midst of a pandemic, it felt like very few things were coming together as planned for our wedding. Dyana was like a breath of fresh air. Not only is she one of the kindest and most generous souls, she truly cares about how your flowers will reflect your personality and your day. Regarding the actual bouquet, I can easily say I don't think I'll ever have a more beautiful bouquet in my life. It was creative, unique, and absolutely stunning. She considered where the ceremony was going to take place, my dress length, and colors. The bouquet was perfect. Dyana is easy to talk to/design with, she is conscientious and thinks of all the details so you don't have to, and she is an incredible artist. Dyana is absolutely the expert that you want on your team.

Misha,
    Thank you so much for this beautiful review. I adored working with you and wish you and Zaiah all happiness for years to come.
  • Mary
    Mary C. Married on 12/05/2019

Amazing Service and BEAUTIFUL work

Hello!
    My twin sister and I have used A Bit of Earth flowers for Mother's Day the past two years and can not say enough about it. Dyana took our personal notes and hand wrote them which our mom loved and felt was very personal. Additionally, we are away at college and she was able to deliver them directly to our mom which was a great help because we can not do it ourselves! She is so easy to contact, has good prices, is very responsive and does amazing work!

Mary,
    Thank you for the review! I always love working with you ladies.
    My best to you and your mama!
  • LLPuri
    Lesley Married on 10/26/2019

Gorgeous Work from a Lovely Lady!

Dyana took my vague vision of having florals with a understated NorCal elegance a reality for our fall 2019 wedding, and we were so happy with the results. During the planning process, Dyana took all our ideas and helped shape them into a realistic plan - she went with us through tons of different flower types to really figure out our preferences which was great! We had a fairly complicated wedding day with separate Hindu and Christian ceremonies, and Dyana was able to creativeIy utilize some of the arrangements for both ceremony setups. We also appreciated that Dyana was so focused on how to make her business more sustainable, both by thoughtfully sourcing flowers locally, and also in minimizing the potential waste after the wedding. Dyana is incredibly sweet and supportive, which is so important on the day of your wedding to have positive vendors around. Thank you Dyana & A Bit of Earth for making our floral wedding dreams a reality!

Hi Lesley!
    Thank you for this beautiful review. It was a joy to work with you two. I felt honored to share in that colorful and heartfelt day!
    Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness,
    Ranae N. Married on 10/12/2019

Best florist in Santa Cruz!

We had such a wonderful experience with A Bit of Earth for our October wedding! Dyana was so easy to work with and extremely helpful and knowledgeable on anything to do with the flower process of weddings and events! I hardly needed to describe what I was hoping for and she just knew what we wanted the florals to look like! She’s very detailed and thorough in the planning process, making sure we were going to have exactly what we’re looking for day-of. She has experience with a variety of floral styles for different clients’ weddings, so she can definitely design the floral arrangements to any particular style! I would highly recommend Dyana to do flowers for anyone’s wedding or event!!

Hi Ranae,
    It was such a pleasure sharing your gorgeous day! Thank you for taking time to send in a review. I wish you and Greg a lifetime of love.
  • Ruth
    Ruth N. Married on 10/09/2019

AMAZING! Truly the best!

Dyana was amazing! Seriously. I had a loose idea in my head of what I wanted (shape, colors, etc), and she brought it to life! She even made a beautiful flower crown to go with my bouquet. We had a simple wedding by the ocean, and I loved what the flowers brought to the whole scene. Flowers can do so much for the look of your wedding!! She has so many little vases and votives that you can borrow to further decorate. The whole experience working with her is so smooth and easy. If she's not already booked, book her!
    Kathryn R. Married on 09/21/2019

Fairy tale fall wedding in the redwoods

My husband and I absolutely loved working with Dyana while planning our wedding. She did an amazing job creating our dream wedding flowers exactly how we imaged them to be. She spent so much time with us, focusing on every detail to make sure it was exactly how we imaged. I would highly recommend Dyana to any couple looking for gorgeous and individualized flower design for their special day. She is an incredibly kind woman and lovely to work with!!!

Katie!
    I loved working with you and John. Thank you for choosing me! I wish you two a lifetime of happiness together.
    Ezraella Married on 09/09/2019

Beyond our expectations

Dyana took the time to get to know us, our style, and our vision and delivered the floral arrangements of our dreams. From helping us navigate our choices to consciously sticking to our budget, Dyana is efficient and a visionary.
    Our wedding day was perfect and the flowers elevated our day even more. She listened to every detail and thoughtfully incorporated those details into our big day. We are so grateful and fortunate to have had her as our florist for our wedding day. We definitely recommend her!

Ezraella!
    Thank you for this kind review. I loved working with you two and wish you both all happiness in your life together.
    All the best,
    Aly Married on 08/03/2019

Simply the best!

Dyana is simply the best. She was so genuine and authentic with us every step of the way, and really took the time to explore all the details with us in order to understand our style. She executed our vision better than we ever could have imagined! She is extremely organized, detailed, reliable, and a overall a dream to work with. We are so grateful for the ways she totally transformed our wedding day!

Aly,
    It was such a pleasure designing for you and Liam! I love your energy together : ) Wishing you both all happiness.
    Ann B. Married on 07/20/2019

Excellent guidance; beautiful work!

Dyana was absolutely delightful to work with. Everyone loved her arrangements!

Hello Ann!
    It was such a pleasure to work with you all. Thank you so much for posting the kind review photos! I wish you, Lauren, and Jordan all the very best. I know they will be so happy together.
  • Nicole
    Nicole P. Married on 06/29/2019

Absolutely Wonderful!

It was such a great pleasure to work with Dyana on creating the day of our dreams! Each conversation with her was full of joy and ease. She made our dreams come to life and exceeded our expectations! We highly recommend A Bit Of Earth to everyone!

Dear Nicole,
    I loved helping with your amazing love-filled day! Wishing you and Evan a lifetime of happiness together.
  • Mahsa
    Mahsa H. Married on 06/15/2019

Dream florist

Our wedding was place at Carmel Valley Ranch in the summer. I had interviewed 5 different florist and finally found Dyana. She was one of the best things happened to me during my wedding planning. I ended up designing my wedding rather than using a wedding planner and during the whole process Dyana was very helpful. She listened and delivered exactly what I needed and more. Her prices were very reasonable for the amount of work and the quality of the flowers she put into this project. She made my whole experience amazing. I can’t recommend her enough.

Mahsa,
    Thank you for this thoughtful and kind review. Working with you was truly a highlight of my wedding season 2019! I wish you and Jackson a lifetime of happiness together.
    All my best,
  • Jamie
    Jamie Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent!

Dyana is simply the best! From our first meeting to the delivery of my gorgeous flowers, she was helpful, professional and so kind! I emailed her with so many questions and she promptly responded to me each time. In addition, she worked with my price range and helped me to figure out my floral vision when I wasn't even sure what I wanted! On the day of, she delivered to three separate locations and was so incredibly positive when she arrived with my bouquet (it was pouring rain, mind you!). My flowers exceeded my expectations! I absolutely love peonies and Dyana went to the San Francisco flower market just to make sure I had my favorite flower. WOW! You can't dream up a better florist or person! If you are looking for gorgeous flowers and a wonderful vendor experience, look no further. Thank you Dyana for making our special day even better! :)

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Aw Jamie! Thank you so much. It was a wonderful experience for me as well! It was such a gorgeous garden wedding, especially with the gentle May rain ; )
    I wish you and Joe a lifetime of happiness together.
    Hannah Married on 12/29/2018

Stunning Flowers, Calming Presence

Dyana was incredible to work with! She was personal and flexible (as I changed my mind about a hundred times through the process). The flowers were absolutely stunning and better than I could have imagined. All were locally sourced which meant they were still happy and alive even after I returned from my honeymoon!! She was also honest, offering suggestions when the ideas in my head probably wouldn't play out as well at a real wedding, while doing everything to make the day exactly what I wanted. She hand dyed ribbons for me to perfectly match my unique color palette! Plus she delivered the flowers to two locations - my house (for my hair) and to my venue on time. I would recommend her kind and creative spirit to anyone.

Hi Hannah,
    Thank you for this kind review! I loved every moment of working with you and your dear family. I wish you and CJ so much happiness in the years to come.
    My very best,
  • Morgan
    Morgan G. Married on 10/27/2018

Thoughtful, Unique and a Pure Joy in every way

From the moment I met Dyana, she was a pure joy to work with. She is kind in abundance, in the most genuine, thoughtful way, and truly wants you to be happy with what she creates. I wanted creative, funky and vibrant flowers, and didn't want to be too traditional, and Dyana was ready to tackle it with me. I didn't have an exact vision, but shared a few examples and we had the most wonderful conversation at her studio and around her garden, and it was clear we were kindred spirits and that I could trust her completely. From well thought out touches, like redwood cones, fall leaves and persimmons (!!!), she truly created everything I could have hoped for without even knowing what that might be. The bouquets were stunning, family flowers just right, the banister garland kindly transformed from one space to another, the centerpieces so lovingly created with some of my own glassware, and the attention to setting up the personal touches done with such tasteful care. So many people have told me repeatedly how much they loved the flowers, and how unique they were. Honestly, Dyana was one of the best wedding vendor choices we made, no doubt, and the value of her work was 100% worth it, and she is willing to take the time to really figure out what you want and need for the space, while being sustainable in her work as well. her flowers were such a joyful part of the vibrant, fall fun we wanted our wedding to be. She is a gem of a person, and the radiance shines through in her flowers.

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Morgan! Thank you for this kind review. It was a treat for me to work with such a creative person and to see the way all of your personal details played out on the day of the wedding. Here's to more collaboration together! ; )
    Love to you and Brian! Dyana
    Amanda Married on 08/25/2018

Best Florist is the Santa Cruz Area

Dyana made our wedding planning such a wonderful experience. From the moment we fisrt met to chat about my vision for the big day, I knew that we were in good hands. I was unsure of exactly what I wanted and she brought my vision to life! She is was specific in her flower choices and took so much time with the little details - she even died silk ribbon to match my bridesmaid dress swatch PERFECTLY. We had a last minute venue change which affected the floral decorations slightly and Dyana didn't skip a beat. She is such a kind person inside and out and it gave me so much peace of mind knowing that I didn't need to worry one bit about my flowers at all. Lastly, if her incredible bouquets and center pieces weren't enough, she is incredibly well priced for the top notch, beautiful work she provides.

I cant say enough about how happy I was and how beautiful she made our big day look. Everywhere I looked there was a little touch of something special. If you choose A Bit of Earth to make your big day beautiful, you will not regret it!

Thank you so much Dyana! If I ever need a bouquet for a special someone, you are my go to gal.

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Amanda! Thank you so much for taking time to review me. I loved working with you : ) Your wedding was full of the joy and warmth that you are! (So glad Charissa got a shot of us together!)
    Best,
    Caitlin L. Married on 08/11/2018

Lovely, warm, fairytale experience

Dyana was absolutely amazing with us. We had huge dreams and a teeny tiny budget, and she found a way to make our floral fantasies come to life. It was an absolute vision. Flowers streaming down from cafe lights, dreamy floor-length cascade bouquet, and roses sparkling in the chandeliers; she absolutely gave light to my dream. She did all this work for us with such a warm heart and glowing spirit, it always lifted my mood everytime I got to have a check-in call with her. I cannot recommend this amazing florist enough!

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Oh Cait! I loved working with you and Bryant on your gorgeous and love-filled wedding. Wishing you all our best, always. --Dyana
  • Sasa
    Sasa J. Married on 08/08/2018

A bit of earth... and heaven ❤️

Dyana was absolutely amazing, she was super responsive and put together an superb bridal bouquet. With "a bit of earth flowers" anything is possible and only your imagination sets the limits. Thank you so much for making our special day EXTRA special.

Hi Sasa,
    Thanks so much for leaving a review. It was a joy to make your unique bouquet. What a gorgeous vision you and Jackie had! Thank you for that fun challenge. Always exciting to work with artists!
    Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness,
    Carly Married on 06/02/2018

the BEST florist ever!

Dyana was a dream to work with! She helped find the words to describe my vision when I was unsure of how to specify what I wanted. I gave her my ideas and she ran with it to create such beautiful work. She was very receptive to my requests, made great suggestions, and was just such a joy to work with. She was able to incorporate pieces of my mother's wedding dress lace into the bouquets and it was so incredibly special. I would recommend her %100 to anyone.

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Thank you for this review Carly! I loved working with you to create your garden wedding at Rancho Soquel. Hope you and Andrew are enjoying your sweet first year! With love,
    Kayla Married on 05/26/2018

Strongly Recommend!

Dyana is amazing! She went above and beyond to make sure she understood our vision for the wedding and made a detailed plan with us to ensure everything would be perfect. She takes great care to choose flowers that go well with the wedding theme, look beautiful together and still look fresh even at the end of the day, and makes recommendations for other types of flowers you may like. My knowledge of flowers was very limited and I came to her with just some pinterest pictures and she was able to use those for inspiration to create perfect arrangements for my wedding. She even helped supply jars and vases for the flowers and other wedding décor such as frames for the signs I wanted. She was also able to help us cut back on cost by using some of the flowers from the aisle markers during the ceremony as flowers for the table centerpieces during the reception. She is very easy to work with and has a very sweet and calming presence. She works very hard to make sure everything looks as planned on the wedding day. I strongly recommend her!! My wedding was perfect and wouldn’t have been the same without her

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Kayla, thank you for making time in your very busy schedule to leave this review! It was a glorious day, a beautiful garden setting, and a great couple and their families. I was just thrilled to be a part of it.
    Wishing you and Jimmy a lifetime of happiness together!
    --Dyana
    Rebekkah D. Married on 05/20/2018

Dyana is a total gem!

Dyana did the flowers for my wedding this May, and she was completely invested in discovering and honoring my vision. We first had a personal consultation at her gorgeous home-studio, and she drew up a customized plan for the bridal flowers that was beyond anything I had imagined. Not only is she creative and innovative, but she is also punctual, reliable, and meticulous; the guests, my family, and me were in awe of the beauty and arrangement of the flowers the day of the wedding. Plus, Dyana grows many of the flowers in her own beautiful garden!

Hi Rebekkah,
    Thank you for your review. I loved collaborating with you to create the French-garden-in-May look we both so love! Sending you and Dylan all my best,
    Cristin Married on 04/07/2018

Highly recommend!

Absolutely LOVE Dyana and her work! Our wedding planner referred us to her and from our first contact, we could tell she was the one. She has this incredible presence and warm demeanor, and went above and beyond professionally to help us create a magical day.

We were blown away by the floral arrangements she created for our wedding. We requested a romantic, tuscan-style vibe with primarily greens and whites. Without much direction from us, she captured our vision perfectly. Every single table, aisle, and decor she touched turned to had beautiful floral highlighting it's features.

My gorgeous bouquet was still fresh and on our dining room table weeks after the wedding. My car smelled of floral from transporting the flower pieces home. My heart is still bursting w love and happiness, beyond description.

Just having her around smiling on our wedding day added to the experience. She's easy to connect with and there's no better thing than to have only those with positive, uplifting energy and passion for their work to surround you on your wedding day. You want her by your side!

I was impressed from start to finish in my interactions with Dyana. 100% recommend.

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Cristin, thank you so much for this lovely review. It was a pleasure to get to know you and Matt and to share in creating such a magical day, one I'll never forget!