A Bit of Earth Reviews

• Mary

Mary Claire Lonhart · Getting married on 12/05/2019

Amazing Service and BEAUTIFUL work

Hello!
    My twin sister and I have used A Bit of Earth flowers for Mother's Day the past two years and can not say enough about it. Dyana took our personal notes and hand wrote them which our mom loved and felt was very personal. Additionally, we are away at college and she was able to deliver them directly to our mom which was a great help because we can not do it ourselves! She is so easy to contact, has good prices, is very responsive and does amazing work!

Sent on 05/14/2019

Mary,
    Thank you for the review! I always love working with you ladies.
    My best to you and your mama!

Ann Bortscheller · Married on 07/20/2019

Excellent guidance; beautiful work!

Dyana was absolutely delightful to work with. Everyone loved her arrangements!

Sent on 08/01/2019
    A Bit of Earth 15
    A Bit of Earth 16
    A Bit of Earth 17

Hello Ann!
    It was such a pleasure to work with you all. Thank you so much for posting the kind review photos! I wish you, Lauren, and Jordan all the very best. I know they will be so happy together.
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 05/18/2019

Excellent!

Dyana is simply the best! From our first meeting to the delivery of my gorgeous flowers, she was helpful, professional and so kind! I emailed her with so many questions and she promptly responded to me each time. In addition, she worked with my price range and helped me to figure out my floral vision when I wasn't even sure what I wanted! On the day of, she delivered to three separate locations and was so incredibly positive when she arrived with my bouquet (it was pouring rain, mind you!). My flowers exceeded my expectations! I absolutely love peonies and Dyana went to the San Francisco flower market just to make sure I had my favorite flower. WOW! You can't dream up a better florist or person! If you are looking for gorgeous flowers and a wonderful vendor experience, look no further. Thank you Dyana for making our special day even better! :)

Sent on 07/12/2019

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Aw Jamie! Thank you so much. It was a wonderful experience for me as well! It was such a gorgeous garden wedding, especially with the gentle May rain ; )
    I wish you and Joe a lifetime of happiness together.

Hannah · Married on 12/29/2018

Stunning Flowers, Calming Presence

Dyana was incredible to work with! She was personal and flexible (as I changed my mind about a hundred times through the process). The flowers were absolutely stunning and better than I could have imagined. All were locally sourced which meant they were still happy and alive even after I returned from my honeymoon!! She was also honest, offering suggestions when the ideas in my head probably wouldn't play out as well at a real wedding, while doing everything to make the day exactly what I wanted. She hand dyed ribbons for me to perfectly match my unique color palette! Plus she delivered the flowers to two locations - my house (for my hair) and to my venue on time. I would recommend her kind and creative spirit to anyone.

Sent on 01/19/2019

Hi Hannah,
    Thank you for this kind review! I loved every moment of working with you and your dear family. I wish you and CJ so much happiness in the years to come.
    My very best,
  • Morgan

Morgan Guenther · Married on 10/27/2018

Thoughtful, Unique and a Pure Joy in every way

From the moment I met Dyana, she was a pure joy to work with. She is kind in abundance, in the most genuine, thoughtful way, and truly wants you to be happy with what she creates. I wanted creative, funky and vibrant flowers, and didn't want to be too traditional, and Dyana was ready to tackle it with me. I didn't have an exact vision, but shared a few examples and we had the most wonderful conversation at her studio and around her garden, and it was clear we were kindred spirits and that I could trust her completely. From well thought out touches, like redwood cones, fall leaves and persimmons (!!!), she truly created everything I could have hoped for without even knowing what that might be. The bouquets were stunning, family flowers just right, the banister garland kindly transformed from one space to another, the centerpieces so lovingly created with some of my own glassware, and the attention to setting up the personal touches done with such tasteful care. So many people have told me repeatedly how much they loved the flowers, and how unique they were. Honestly, Dyana was one of the best wedding vendor choices we made, no doubt, and the value of her work was 100% worth it, and she is willing to take the time to really figure out what you want and need for the space, while being sustainable in her work as well. her flowers were such a joyful part of the vibrant, fall fun we wanted our wedding to be. She is a gem of a person, and the radiance shines through in her flowers.

Sent on 02/11/2019
    A Bit of Earth 24
    A Bit of Earth 25
    A Bit of Earth 26

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Morgan! Thank you for this kind review. It was a treat for me to work with such a creative person and to see the way all of your personal details played out on the day of the wedding. Here's to more collaboration together! ; )
    Love to you and Brian! Dyana

Amanda · Married on 08/25/2018

Best Florist is the Santa Cruz Area

Dyana made our wedding planning such a wonderful experience. From the moment we fisrt met to chat about my vision for the big day, I knew that we were in good hands. I was unsure of exactly what I wanted and she brought my vision to life! She is was specific in her flower choices and took so much time with the little details - she even died silk ribbon to match my bridesmaid dress swatch PERFECTLY. We had a last minute venue change which affected the floral decorations slightly and Dyana didn't skip a beat. She is such a kind person inside and out and it gave me so much peace of mind knowing that I didn't need to worry one bit about my flowers at all. Lastly, if her incredible bouquets and center pieces weren't enough, she is incredibly well priced for the top notch, beautiful work she provides.

I cant say enough about how happy I was and how beautiful she made our big day look. Everywhere I looked there was a little touch of something special. If you choose A Bit of Earth to make your big day beautiful, you will not regret it!

Thank you so much Dyana! If I ever need a bouquet for a special someone, you are my go to gal.

Sent on 10/15/2019
    A Bit of Earth 38
    A Bit of Earth 39
    A Bit of Earth 40

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Amanda! Thank you so much for taking time to review me. I loved working with you : ) Your wedding was full of the joy and warmth that you are! (So glad Charissa got a shot of us together!)
    Best,

Caitlin Lau · Married on 08/11/2018

Lovely, warm, fairytale experience

Dyana was absolutely amazing with us. We had huge dreams and a teeny tiny budget, and she found a way to make our floral fantasies come to life. It was an absolute vision. Flowers streaming down from cafe lights, dreamy floor-length cascade bouquet, and roses sparkling in the chandeliers; she absolutely gave light to my dream. She did all this work for us with such a warm heart and glowing spirit, it always lifted my mood everytime I got to have a check-in call with her. I cannot recommend this amazing florist enough!

Sent on 12/15/2018
    A Bit of Earth 41
    A Bit of Earth 42
    A Bit of Earth 43
    A Bit of Earth 44
    A Bit of Earth 45

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Oh Cait! I loved working with you and Bryant on your gorgeous and love-filled wedding. Wishing you all our best, always. --Dyana
  • Sasa

Sasa Jancic · Married on 08/08/2018

A bit of earth... and heaven ❤️

Dyana was absolutely amazing, she was super responsive and put together an superb bridal bouquet. With "a bit of earth flowers" anything is possible and only your imagination sets the limits. Thank you so much for making our special day EXTRA special.

Sent on 01/24/2019
    A Bit of Earth 46

Hi Sasa,
    Thanks so much for leaving a review. It was a joy to make your unique bouquet. What a gorgeous vision you and Jackie had! Thank you for that fun challenge. Always exciting to work with artists!
    Wishing you both a lifetime of happiness,

carly · Married on 06/02/2018

the BEST florist ever!

Dyana was a dream to work with! She helped find the words to describe my vision when I was unsure of how to specify what I wanted. I gave her my ideas and she ran with it to create such beautiful work. She was very receptive to my requests, made great suggestions, and was just such a joy to work with. She was able to incorporate pieces of my mother's wedding dress lace into the bouquets and it was so incredibly special. I would recommend her %100 to anyone.

Sent on 02/21/2019
    A Bit of Earth 55
    A Bit of Earth 56
    A Bit of Earth 57

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Thank you for this review Carly! I loved working with you to create your garden wedding at Rancho Soquel. Hope you and Andrew are enjoying your sweet first year! With love,

Kayla · Married on 05/26/2018

Strongly Recommend!

Dyana is amazing! She went above and beyond to make sure she understood our vision for the wedding and made a detailed plan with us to ensure everything would be perfect. She takes great care to choose flowers that go well with the wedding theme, look beautiful together and still look fresh even at the end of the day, and makes recommendations for other types of flowers you may like. My knowledge of flowers was very limited and I came to her with just some pinterest pictures and she was able to use those for inspiration to create perfect arrangements for my wedding. She even helped supply jars and vases for the flowers and other wedding décor such as frames for the signs I wanted. She was also able to help us cut back on cost by using some of the flowers from the aisle markers during the ceremony as flowers for the table centerpieces during the reception. She is very easy to work with and has a very sweet and calming presence. She works very hard to make sure everything looks as planned on the wedding day. I strongly recommend her!! My wedding was perfect and wouldn’t have been the same without her

Sent on 12/23/2018
    A Bit of Earth 58
    A Bit of Earth 59

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Kayla, thank you for making time in your very busy schedule to leave this review! It was a glorious day, a beautiful garden setting, and a great couple and their families. I was just thrilled to be a part of it.
    Wishing you and Jimmy a lifetime of happiness together!
    --Dyana

Rebekkah Dilts · Married on 05/20/2018

Dyana is a total gem!

Dyana did the flowers for my wedding this May, and she was completely invested in discovering and honoring my vision. We first had a personal consultation at her gorgeous home-studio, and she drew up a customized plan for the bridal flowers that was beyond anything I had imagined. Not only is she creative and innovative, but she is also punctual, reliable, and meticulous; the guests, my family, and me were in awe of the beauty and arrangement of the flowers the day of the wedding. Plus, Dyana grows many of the flowers in her own beautiful garden!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Hi Rebekkah,
    Thank you for your review. I loved collaborating with you to create the French-garden-in-May look we both so love! Sending you and Dylan all my best,

Cristin · Married on 04/07/2018

Highly recommend!

Absolutely LOVE Dyana and her work! Our wedding planner referred us to her and from our first contact, we could tell she was the one. She has this incredible presence and warm demeanor, and went above and beyond professionally to help us create a magical day.

We were blown away by the floral arrangements she created for our wedding. We requested a romantic, tuscan-style vibe with primarily greens and whites. Without much direction from us, she captured our vision perfectly. Every single table, aisle, and decor she touched turned to had beautiful floral highlighting it's features.

My gorgeous bouquet was still fresh and on our dining room table weeks after the wedding. My car smelled of floral from transporting the flower pieces home. My heart is still bursting w love and happiness, beyond description.

Just having her around smiling on our wedding day added to the experience. She's easy to connect with and there's no better thing than to have only those with positive, uplifting energy and passion for their work to surround you on your wedding day. You want her by your side!

I was impressed from start to finish in my interactions with Dyana. 100% recommend.

Sent on 12/03/2018

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Cristin, thank you so much for this lovely review. It was a pleasure to get to know you and Matt and to share in creating such a magical day, one I'll never forget!

Amberly · Married on 11/04/2017

Better Florals Than I Could Have Ever Imagined!

I cannot promote Dyana enough! Dyana invited myself and my mom into her gorgeous studio, and took the time to pick out specific flowers with me. I only had a small vision of what I wanted before meeting with her, and essentially let her run with it. She blew me away with her arrangements! She was intentional with each flower that she picked for my bouquets, the boutonnieres, my flower crown, and the centerpieces! Many of the flowers lasted 2 weeks after our wedding! I dried my bouquet and it still looks gorgeous. When I ask my guests about some of their favorite elements of the wedding, the flowers are one of the things that they mention first! Some of my bridesmaids even brought their bouquets home (on the airplane) because they loved them so much!

Dyana made a little piece of the wedding planning process a whole lot easier by being an excellent communicator. She really wants you to get the look that you’re going for. I really appreciated how Dyana was so invested in our wedding. Her kindness, joy, and passion for what she does makes her an excellent florist. If you want a florist who cares deeply about making your vision come to life, Dyana is your girl!

Sent on 03/24/2019
    A Bit of Earth 60
    A Bit of Earth 61
    A Bit of Earth 62

Marissa · Married on 10/18/2017

HIGHLY recommend Dyana!

Where do I even begin?! We feel so blessed to have had Dyana as a part of our wedding vendor team! I cannot say enough about her - she is so incredibly creative and talented in her floral design and her passion for her work really shines through in every conversation. During our initial meeting with Dyana, I brought in pictures from pinterest and shared some ideas I had, not fully knowing what I wanted and with her knowledge and creativity, Dyana was able to create the most beautiful bouquets, boutonnieres and arch flower arrangement. My sister (and MOH ) and I also had floral demi crowns and the two moms had silver/gold cuff bracelets with flowers on them (how creative?!). So many people commented on the flowers and many of our guests took pictures in front of the arch because of how beautiful the flowers were! Dyana is not only talented, she is also SO SWEET - her kind and gentle nature make her very comfortable and easy to work with. I DEFINITELY recommend Dyana and cannot speak more highly of her!!!

Sent on 03/20/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Gambello · Married on 09/03/2017

Dyana is a gem!

From our very initial meeting over coffee and Pinterest boards I knew Dyana was the florist I was looking for! She is super creative and will take your vision and create something truly unique and personal. She also uses flowers in season and all of the flowers came in top notch shape.

On our wedding day, when I walked out into the venue, I almost fell over. Dyana had transformed the venue into a magical wonderland. The colors, textures, flowers, and greenery was everything I had dreamed of and more. The environment that Dyana and her team created matched the love that was shared by all.

Sent on 12/19/2018
    A Bit of Earth 63
    A Bit of Earth 64
    A Bit of Earth 65

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Chelsea it was an honor to work with someone as creative as you. Your unique ideas inspired me! Thank you for taking the time to add this review.
    Sending love to you and Cory & wishing you both all the best. Dyana

Allyse Lee · Married on 07/07/2017

I loved our wedding flowers!

Dyana is wonderful to work with. Our scheduled florist quit a month before our July 2017 wedding and I scrambled to email and call everyone I could find in the area. She did a better job than our scheduled florist would have done by far!
    Thank you for helping our wedding in the Redwoods of Felton look amazing. The flowers you chose and variety of textures really made the bouquet, arrangements, corsages and boutonnieres so special. As a bride I really felt Dyana worked above and beyond to listen to what I was hoping for and make it into reality. Plus the arrangements were so fresh the one my parents took home was still blooming and looked beautiful a week later! If you are looking for a lady who is creative and does an amazing job, go with Dyana.

Sent on 11/28/2018

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Allyse, I loved working with you and Kevin! Thank you for this kind review. I wish you both all my best, Dyana

Corinne Schwartz · Married on 07/01/2017

Blessed by Dyana

Dyana is a joy to work with. Her and her flowers brightened up our wedding. Dyana has an uplifting and calming spirit that is just what you need while wedding planning and on your wedding day. On top of that she is so talented and creative. She is easy to work with and is highly detailed, organized, and communicates well. Not only was she a delight to work with, but the end products (bouquets, boutonnieres, and hair flowers) were amazing! Everything was fresh, beautiful, vibrant, and creative. Everyone was in awe of her work. I highly recommend Dyana- she is the best!

Sent on 12/11/2018

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Hi Corinne! Working with you was a dream! I wish you and Daniel a lifetime of happiness together. Thank you for this review of my work.

Marcella Moskowitz · Married on 06/17/2017

Amazingly Talented

Dyana was the first florist I had ever spoke to about any flower arrangements!... And these weren't just any flower arrangements we were talking about, these were the flower arrangements for my wedding! I really didn't have any specific types of flowers in mind when we had the call, rather just some colors in mind, and knowing that I wanted them to have a sort of rustic/chic vibe. I even feel like I didn't necessarily have a set-in-stone idea on which colors I was thinking of for in the wedding. That was, until Dyana jumped in. He started spilling out the names of some flowers she imagined using in my bouquet, the corsages, the boutonnieres, etc. While we were chatting, I was typing her comments into my laptop. I started seeing what could come to life with the selections she had mentioned, right off of the top of her head! She knew I wanted a semi-rustic, green, but colorful vibe happening, and she conquered just that.

As any bride would be, I was very excited to put on my dress the day of the wedding and thought it was beautiful, but ultimately, the minute I had the bouquet in my hands, my ensemble came to life. The flowers matched our theme perfectly and was much better than anything that I had imagined.

I trusted in Dyana and feel like working with her was the best big decision I made when planning our wedding. The stars had aligned for me in that sense, and I couldn't have been happier. I gave her just a semi-vision and she brought it to life. She understood me, only from phone conversations and a couple of Pinterest inspirational photos. Her talent and vision is 100%, absolutely breathtaking. I believe she is doing what she was made to do. Her love and passion truly radiates through her work.

Aside from her talents being amazing, Dyana is an amazingly relatable and caring person. She drove from her home town in Northern CA to Southern CA, in a freezing cold van full of my wedding's flowers, parked it in her sister's garage to stay cold overnight, spent the night at her sisters house, drove the flowers to my event the next day (she delivered to the hotel AND venue), and setup them all up perfectly. I really did not have to worry about a thing. It was all perfect. I hope that the future allows for Dyana and myself to work together again!

Sent on 02/14/2019

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Thank you, Marcella, for this great review. I have such happy memories of that (super) warm day and how regal you looked. It was a joy to do your flowers! Wishing your sweet family all the best!

Genevieve Dixon · Married on 04/09/2016

Inspirational

Dyana is sweet and inspirational. She was able to work with so well with my lack of floral knowledge and created the most beautiful pieces ( bouquets, boutonnieres, center peices, corsages, sweetheart table). Her visions were so much better then I could have dreamed.

Sent on 11/29/2018

A Bit of Earth's reply:

Hi Genevieve! I loved working with you and Michael to create your beautiful April wedding in a walnut grove. Thank you so much for reviewing me. My best to you both, Dyana
  • Grace

Grace Thomas · Married on 03/03/2019

Professional, Helpful, Kind

Dyana did a great job as our wedding florist! She met with us and worked out a custom option for our needs. She is professional yet personable with a great response time! (:

Sent on 10/08/2019