A & A Disc Jockey Service Reviews

A & A Disc Jockey Service 2
A & A Disc Jockey Service 3
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Pulliam Smith · Married on 02/23/2019

A&A really made my wedding a fantastic celebration!

My husband and I used A&A for our wedding ceremony and reception and we were very pleased with our experience! The planning process was very simple; April was a great resource when it came to planning all the special parts of the reception. Marcus, our DJ, was very easy to work with and threw a great party for our guests! He interacted with the crowd, added humor, and helped to make the night so memorable! We still get compliments from our guests on what a great DJ/MC he is! I would definitely recommend A&A to any bride!

Sent on 04/03/2019

Mackenzie Yohn · Married on 11/17/2018

A&A = Awesome

A&A’s is one of the best decision’s we made when picking wedding vendors. One of my biggest fears when picturing my wedding day was the awkward moments where guests were just standing around, not knowing what to do. After my consultation, I knew my worries were unnecessary. The office staff is knowledgeable and their experience is unmatched. A&A selected the perfect DJ to be the master of ceremonies for our night. Music was fantastic. Our guests had a fabulous time, and I could not recommend their services more.

Sent on 11/20/2018

A & A Disc Jockey Service's reply:

Jordan said he thoroughly enjoyed entertaining Mackenzie & Shelton (the new Mr. & Mrs. Cisson) at the beautiful Rosa Lee Manor in Pilot Mountain. April said that they were a joy to work with during the planning process and just wanted everything to flow smoothly. All of us here wish them a future filled with happy memories. :)

Miranda Rumsey · Married on 10/20/2018

Extordinary!!

Amazing people! Austin & I had the best night of our lives on our wedding day and a HUGE part of that is thanks to these guys!! Not only are they ALL wonderful to work with, but the work they do is awesome! All of our guest were dancing and having the best time! Highly recommend to anyone, thank you all so much for making our special day so memorable for us!! :)

Sent on 11/05/2018

Larry Martin
    November 16 at 10:22 PM ·
    Miranda & Austin were so much fun to work with. When we first met with them they said they wanted a laid back and FUN reception, and I think Marcus gave them just that. AS always, a great event is a group effort. It started with the beautiful venue at Summerfield Farms, amazing food provided by Above & Beyond Catering catering, gorgeous flowers by Sedgefield Florist and a tasty cake by Easy Peasy Decadent Desserts. And all of this was captured (along with the attached photo) by The Nixons Photography. I hope that this is just the first in a lifetime of great celebrations for these two and thank them for the great review.

Anne · Married on 10/20/2018

We LOVE A&A DJ Services!!

We could not have been more happy or thankful that we hired A&A DJ Service to not only be our DJ for our wedding but also used their photobooth services as well! Larry and April were INCREDIBLE to work with. I would email Larry numerous times with various different questions and he always responded to me so quickly and was always so patient with my many, MANY questions! He made himself available and always made sure you felt comfortable with whatever decisions were being made. The DJ we had, Michael, included some amazing personalized details in our wedding as he was MC'ing and it was such a great touch. The Photobooth was also such a great service! We absolutely love having that album to look at and with two people manning the photobooth station, they made sure every aspect of that was taken care of! I can't recommend A&A enough and am so glad we chose them for our wedding!

Sent on 11/17/2018

Larry Martin
    November 5 at 4:00 PM ·
    I can't thank Anne & Tony enough. Michael, April and Jess all said that their friends and family were a real joy to work with. And all of the other vendors helped make the night go so smoothly, so a shout out to WinMock at Kinderton, the always beautiful venue, Providence Catering, Jennifer B. Photography, Sugar Shack Films (can't wait to see the video), Edible Artistry for the delicious cake and Beverly's Flowers and Gifts . Working with the some of the top professionals in the area always make our work that much easier. All of us at A & A wish Anne & Tony a lifetime of love and happiness.

Cece Mcrae · Married on 10/19/2018

Wonderful Experience!

Thank you A & A DJ Service for helping make my daughter's wedding reception the fun, energetic evening we had hoped it would be. From the very first meeting with Larry, it became clear that he had a thorough understanding of what goes into making an event a success. He pointed out things we hadn't thought about, such as what happens if the individual you've hired becomes sick? Who would take his or her place? Larry employs an entire staff of DJs and photo booth operators so that should the unforeseen occur, there's someone else to take over. After we decided to go with A & A, the depth of their questionnaires made it clear that they would work extremely hard to make sure the evening was exactly what my daughter and son-in-law wanted. Thank you, Larry, April, Marcus and your entire staff for the wonderful experience of working with A & A DJ Service.

Sent on 10/24/2018

A & A Disc Jockey Service's reply:

I want to thank Cece for her kind remarks. She, Carson, Jonathan and their entire group were so much fun to work with and rarely left the dance floor. They had both their ceremony and reception at the Cadillac Service Garage in downtown Greensboro, which is such a unique venue. I'm hoping I get to see some more photos from Robert Ross Photography really soon. So glad we had plenty of Bachata for them. :)

Marie · Married on 10/13/2018

Exactly what we wanted!

A & A is awesome to work with because Larry and April meet you as a couple to learn your personalities and the environment you want for you're wedding. They match you with a trained DJ specifically for your event and have you complete a detailed questionnaire where you have the choice to choose every detail OR allow the DJ to work their magic. It's all up to you, HOWEVER April is AMAZING because she is willing to help couples/families plan, organize, and make decisions. A & A realizes that while this is an exciting time, it may also be stressful sometimes. They're here to not only help you out, but make sure it ALL goes right.
    Side note: we had Marcus as our DJ and he was HILARIOUS AND AWESOME! We wanted a party with funny jokes, loud music, and a hype crowd, and A & A (and Marcus) delivered. Best. Day. Ever!

Sent on 10/17/2018

Ashli · Married on 09/29/2018

Best night!

We would highly recommend A&A to everyone. They were very detailed in the planning process which helped us feel confident that they would make our night exactly what we wanted and they did that and more! It was an amazing night we will never forget thanks to these guys! 😃

Sent on 11/19/2018

Laurie · Married on 09/01/2018

We had our wedding on Sept 1st, 2018 and it was a big hit because of the staff at A&A Disc Jockey Service! Wayne, Emily and Sara were a pleasure to work with and they all keep things very fun and exciting!
    Your guys were there early to set up and work with my program director for the best locations for you guys to set up. My Program Director said that your staff was such a pleasure to work with (and she has worked with several companies)
    The music was on point for my group of friends and family. The introductions of the wedding party was fun and very upbeat and the story that Wayne told about how Randy and I met, dated and got engaged was priceless!
    We thank you and the staff so much for taking the time to get to know us as a couple and making this a night we will always remember!
    Randy and Laurie Fortier

Sent on 09/17/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 08/04/2018

Larry and April were great to work with throughout the planning for the wedding. I was really nervous about finding a DJ. I wanted there to be a lot of dancing but we had guests ranging from 2 to 98 years old and trying to find music that got everyone on the dance floor I knew would be a challenge. When our 98 year old grandmother got on the dance floor, I knew the night was a success! Larry and April worked through all the details for us and I felt like we were a team going into the wedding. They took the time to understand our vision for the reception and followed through on everything! I would highly recommend them and the photo booth was a blast! There was a line for it all night long!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Caitlin · Married on 07/21/2018

Jon and I could not have chosen a better DJ than A&A Disk Jockey! They were absolutely amazing throughout the entire process. We met Larry and April at the Greensboro wedding show and set up an appointment a few weeks afterward to meet them in person. We knew immediately that they were a perfect fit! Their attention to detail relieved our stress about the wedding reception and we knew they would accomodate all of our needs. They were always available and very responsive to any questions that we had through the process.
    Michael Proctor was the master of ceremonies for our wedding. He was absolutely amazing! He kept the guests informed of the events coming up throughout the night and always checked in with us to see if we were ready for the next step in our reception. He was very clear spoken and easy for our older guests to hear. He truly went the extra mile to make our reception wonderful.
    We also utilized the uplighting and cake lighting that A&A had. This helped transform the gym that we were in into a magical space. We love A&A and cannot recommend them enought! Thank you Michael, Larry and April!!!!

Sent on 08/13/2018

A & A Disc Jockey Service's reply:

I want to thank Caitlin & Jonathan for the kind words. They were an absolute joy to work with from our first meeting and through the entire process. With the penchant that both of them have for sports, the gym was a great choice, and having been used for events like this before, the acoustical panels made the sound terrific. And working with other great professionals always makes the experience better. We'd worked with Dan'l Boone Inn Restaurant before and did the wedding for their manager last year, so we knew the food would be great. I've already been checking out the photos by Jordan Tickle and eagerly await the video preview from Happy Tears Video. Armin always does a fantastic job. We wish the two of them all the happiness life has to offer and hope they will keep in touch. :)

Aunt · Married on 05/26/2018

I was a guest at my nephew's wedding at Willstella Farm in Kernersville North Carolina on May 26. Marcus, the DJ, made the wedding! He was well-dressed, well-groomed, relaxed, completely prepared and in control. His kind leadership made the reception a celebration filled with love, joy and fun that will be remembered for years to come. The photo booth was also a lot of fun and a great way to sign the guest book. The ladies in charge kept everyone moving, and at the same time took their time without rushing, making us feel comfortable and not awkward.

Sent on 06/14/2018

Kristen · Married on 05/12/2018

From the very first conversation with Larry, I knew that the night would go off without a hitch! He and April worked so hard to accommodate the activities we wanted and to talk to us on our schedule (being in a different time zone can be a little tricky while planning a wedding.)

On the wedding day, it was so nice to be greeted by Larry and for him to give us the rundown of what we should expect upon entering the building. Not many companies will send out the “big guns” to personally welcome the bride and groom!

It’s obvious to tell that A&A works to find the right DJ for Your special day because Michael was phenomenal! He set the perfect pace for our day and had the personality to boot! We were a little behind schedule with our dinner but Michael did everything he could to make up for lost time without making any of the activities feel rushed. He was always double checking with us to make sure his improvised schedule would work for us and it ended up working better than the schedule we originally planned!

We are so grateful we had the guidance of A&A throughout the entire wedding planning process. They were a breeze to work with and honestly helped us plan out our entire day and what we wanted it to look like! The whole wedding day was exactly how we dreamt and I know if we went with any other DJ it just wouldn’t have been the same.

These guys are total professionals and I could not thank them enough!

Sent on 05/20/2018

Charla · Married on 05/05/2018

I can't sing enough praises about A&A!
    From the initial contact on The Knot and Wedding Wire, Larry quickly called me to set up a time to have a free consultation. I had met with other DJ companies but none compared to A&A. Larry spent a great deal of time with my fiancé and me to highlight his company and everything A&A had to offer.  It was no decision in our eyes.  I didn't have a wedding coordinator but A&A promised to help make sure this void was filled.  The wedding planner that they provided help plan my entire wedding and April helped me plan as well!
    My husband and I were married in May at the Greensboro Arboretum. They set up quickly and no one had problems hearing our entire ceremony even though we were right next to a busy road,  Wendover Ave.   At the reception, Wayne was quick to greet us, get us introduced and with our guests.  He facilitated the entire night.  He respected my wishes for songs not to play but kept the dance floor full. My husband and I had an incredible evening.  It was the best night of our lives and it was made possible by Larry and his crew at A&A. I'm forever grateful.  If you want your wedding to be perfect,  hire A&A!

Sent on 07/27/2018
    A & A Disc Jockey Service 4
    A & A Disc Jockey Service 5
    A & A Disc Jockey Service 6

A & A Disc Jockey Service's reply:

We can't thank Charla and Andrew enough for the kind words. Even though Wayne was handling things for them that day, I had stopped by and was so taken with all the arrangements they had made for their ceremony that I sat on a bench off to the side and watched the whole thing. The look of love in their eyes and the obvious closeness and supoort you could see between them, their wedding party and even their officiant made it clear that this was a special couple. A big thank you to Debbie with The Public GSO as well as Fresh, Local, Good Food Group for all their assistance and making our staff so welcome. We wish Charla and Andrew all the happiness possible in their future lives together.
  • F

Fran · Married on 04/28/2018

Our experience with A&A Disc Jockey Service was incredible!
    We first began looking a year before the wedding and as soon as we talked with Larry Martin we knew this was the one we would use.
    From the beginning (a year before) to the day of the wedding every detail was accounted for by Larry, April and Marcus.
    Larry provided all the answers to questions such as pricing, what was available and needed to the smallest of detail calling me when he sensed the “mother of the bride” was overwhelmed with the words “we don’t want you to worry, we will help you.”
    Marcus was the best Master of Ceremonies EVER!
    He came in with the most laid back attitude, so very friendly it seemed as if we all had known him for years.
    He had the music perfect for the ceremony, cocktail hour, introduction, dinner and dance time!
    April did double duty by providing the Photo Booth and working with my daughter on music choices.
    A couple of weeks before the wedding April talked with my daughter and helped her through some music selections for the evening in which this made it so much easier and less stressful for her.
    The Photo Booth was phenomenal! Little did I know what fun we would all have and how much it added to the night!
    Guest and family have since commented to me how great all of this was from the people to the services.
    So happy we chose them!
    Thank you Larry, April and Marcus!

Sent on 05/23/2018

Emily · Married on 04/21/2018

Hiring A and A was the perfect choice for us! They are so personalble and detailed I had no doubt they would help make our day so special!
    Micheal was our DJ and April and a team ran our photobooth! All did a wonderful job. We got so many compliments from our guests on how great they were. A& A does a wonderful job of training their Djs to make sure they help you have the best day ever. They have so many levels to fit anyone’s needs. We chose a basic package and even that was outstanding! It was personalized and exactly what we wanted!
    A few things that stuck out was how well Michael did checking in with us. If we weren’t ready for something he was very flexible and did a wonderful job keeping the evening smooth! The photobooth was so awesome! They had a ton of props and worked with our space we wanted for the back drop. The book with everyone’s photos is such a special way for us to remember our guests and to let them let loose. The ladies did a wonderful job helping with props and letting us know when the pictures would be! If i could have another party just to hire them again I would!

Sent on 05/19/2018

Jenny · Married on 04/07/2018

Larry and April with A&A Disc Jockey were great to work with during our wedding planning with supreme attention to detail. Their communication throughout the planning process was phenomenal. The DJ that we had on our wedding day did an excellent job of adapting to all of the changes that took place and he was able to keep the excitement and flow of the party going until the very end. Larry even stopped by during the wedding reception to check in to make sure everything was going great. I highly recommend A&A Disc Jockey to any bride and groom. Also, the photo booth was a hit at our reception and was well worth the money!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Emily · Married on 11/11/2017

After attending two weddings shortly after we got engaged, finding a good DJ skyrocketed to the top of our list. We hadn't realized until we were doing our own wedding planning how hard it is to find a DJ who dresses appropriately for the ceremony, has equipment that works for the entirety of the wedding and reception, and can read the crowd during the reception to keep the mood right. A & A Disc Jockey Services did all of those things. After an introductory meeting with Larry, we knew that A & A was who we would hire. Forewarning- there is some paperwork to fill out. However, by filling out your packet it ensures that your wedding will run smoothly and that you will be paired with the right DJ for your specific needs. We had Marcus who was friendly, fun, and definitely played the music our guests wanted to hear- Marcus said he'd never played so much Garth Brooks in his life! All in all, I would say that we were very satisfied with the professional, personable, and entertaining DJ/Master of Ceremonies services provided by A&A. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 09/05/2018

Amy · Married on 10/14/2017

A & A was the absolute right choice for our big day! They are amazing! We knew that choosing the right DJ would be important because everyone having fun despite their age, dancing ability, etc. was a huge priority for us (probably the biggest). From the moment we met with Larry, we knew we made the right decision. We never knew there were so many details involved, but we never felt overwhelmed. Larry and April were incredibly helpful throughout the entire planning process. They have an organized packet to help you with everything, and are also a quick call or email away. April goes through everything with you over the phone before your big day. I knew they had all of the details taken care of and I didn’t have to worry about music during the ceremony or the reception. Our reception DJ was awesome! He played all the different genres we wanted. He seemed to know exactly how to read the crowd, because the dance floor was full the entire time! There were no awkward moments and everything flowed perfectly! Larry also had great ideas during the planning months, and suggested little things to make the evening special such as the “Shoely Wed” game and introducing the father-daughter dance. We did both of those things, and they are two of my favorite moments from my entire wedding day. I cannot thank Larry and his team enough! It was the celebration we dreamed of and all of our guests keep saying how much fun they had! I highly recommend using A & A for you wedding!

Sent on 11/07/2017

Amanda · Married on 10/07/2017

We just returned from our honey moon and I just wanted to write you to say how much everyone enjoyed our wedding! April and Marcus had a lot to do with that I'm sure!!! April thanks so much for working our wedding! We loved having you there to run the photo booth! It was a hit and we CANNOT WAIT for the pictures!!!! Marcus was an awesome Deejay! He played the best mix and kept the night so energetic!!

Definitely recommend the photobooth!!!

Sent on 11/18/2017

Courtney · Married on 07/15/2017

Larry & April are the MOST amazing people you could possibly meet as a bride. They provided DJ services at a friends wedding, which is where I heard about them. What I noticed at the friends wedding was the DJ was always constantly flowing & moving things, not just standing behind the booth & playing different songs.
    When I first contacted Larry, we had a GREAT conversation where he explained their services & I got to ask questions as well. During my planning process, he & April were always there to answer any questions I had, give me feedback, etc. Larry & April paired my fiance (now husband) with one of their DJ's, Marcus. It could not have been a BETTER fit! Marcus was perfect for our guests, family dynamic & us as a couple. He kept the reception flowing & our guests had a BLAST.
    A&A was always there to make sure our day was as special as possible!

Sent on 07/27/2017

Kara · Married on 07/15/2017

We loved having A&A working our wedding! Larry made sure everything was PERFECT! It was better than we could've asked for!

Sent on 08/12/2017

Samm · Married on 07/05/2017

A&A DJ were fantastic. April was very attentive and went above and beyond. My niece and little cousin were at the photo booth when a glass fell and shattered. Both little girls were barefoot and April and the other woman manning the photo booth got on their hands and knees picking up glass to ensure they were safe. Our DJ Michael was awesome. I don't have a very dance-y family so I was afraid we wouldn't have anyone on the dance floor, but Michael kept someone out there the whole time.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Leanne · Married on 07/01/2017

The A&A team did a fantastic job at our wedding. From the DJ-ing to the photobooth, everything was professional and well done. Our guests had the best time and so did we!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Susanna · Married on 05/20/2017

They did a fantastic job! I highly recommend them.

Sent on 07/18/2017