9tailors Reviews

9tailors View more information

• Lacey
    Lacey Married on 08/16/2020

Lgbtq welcoming

My fiancee got their suit there and they said they felt very respected. They are super excited about their customized suit!
  • Rachael
    Rachael S. Married on 06/29/2019

AMAZING suiting experience

Had an AMAZING experience getting my wedding tuxedo made at 9Tailors. I am a LGBT identifying woman who tends to wear more masculine attire and wanted to get a custom tux for my important day. I had gone to several other suit vendors in Boston and found that they had minimal experience with people like me, but at the recommendation of a friend, I decided to give 9Tailors a try.

Everyone was incredibly friendly / kind and walked me through every detail. Sam, Babs, and Steph were particularly amazing to work with. The studio is a comfortable environment, and they had an entire sample book featuring women and gender non-conforming folks so I could see how the product would actually fit. The tux was ready in only a few weeks and only required 1 round of alterations to achieve the perfect fit. I loved my experience so much that I ended up returning to get several suits made for work. Would HIGHLY recommend 9Tailors for all your suiting needs!
  • Brian
    Brian Married on 03/23/2019

Wonderful Experience with Steph!

Such a phenomenal experience designing and fitting my suit for my wedding – I can’t recommend Steph highly enough! She expertly walked me through the hundreds (thousands) of customization options, helping me zero in on what I wanted (when I didn’t even really know myself at the time). And then with repeated fittings, helping me get the perfect fit right up to the wedding. A+!
    Eddie Married on 07/07/2018
    My husband and I purchased suits for our wedding at 9tailors. The suits were amazing. We worked closely with Sam and she had us looking absolutely stunning. The professionalism was great, the turn around time was short and the final fit was perfect. In my opinion, the best part about the whole experience was her honesty and listening abilities. If something didn’t look good, she told us in the best way and steered us in a direction to something that looked great but was also what we envisioned. They shouldn’t be called 9tailors because they’re not a 9. They’re a 10!!!
    Perri Married on 09/30/2017
    I have nothing but good things to say about 9tailors. I spent a long time searching for places to get a suit made for my wedding that would not only produce a good quality product, but would also make me feel comfortable throughout the process. 9tailors completely delivered on all fronts. Eboni was so patient with me and brought out book after book helping me find the perfect pattern for my shirt and material for my suit. I came back in twice to try on my suit- the first time, there was a little too much material around the crotch of the pants, which was easily fixed. The second time, everything fit perfectly and I was able to bring my suit home. In addition to having a great product at a lower price than most other places, the atmosphere is great. I was offered water, beer, and whiskey every time I came in by very friendly staff, and never had to wait past my scheduled appointment.

As a woman shopping for a men's style suit, I was very nervous about the way I would be treated. I did not need to worry- no one made me feel uncomfortable at all or made any assumptions about my gender or sexuality. I was treated just like any man who walked through the door, which is a rarity when I shop for men's clothes. I highly recommend that anyone without the typical male body who is looking for custom clothing come to 9tailors.
  • User2670680 2+ years ago
    Michelle and the rest of the staff at 9 Tailors were great! My husband had his wedding suit made here and they helped him pick out every detail exactly as he wanted it. It ended up being finished almost a month earlier than they said it would! The 30 day free alteration service is a great bonus as well. He did go back and get the suit jacket altered and it was done very quickly.
    Jenna Married on 10/10/2014
    My dress was such a special experience for me, and I wanted my husband to have the same thing. When a friend recommended 9Tailors for a custom vest for my husband, we were really excited at the idea. When we were talking to Michelle (who is amazing) and figuring out what my husband was after, we asked how much a suit would be, and decided it was totally worth it. He picked out everything from the suit color and fabric, to the vest patterns, the lining, and he even had our wedding date stitched into the inside of the jacket. It was fully his creation, and he now has a custom three piece suit that he can wear to our other friends' weddings; I couldn't be happier to see him in it. You can see his suit here: https://vimeo.com/117539195

Go see Michelle!
    Sarah Married on 06/12/2011
    Exceptional quality and fair turnaround for custom tailored shirt and vests. Shop local if you can, and use 9 tailors rather than the nationwide suiting rental places!
    Allison Married on 06/26/2010
    9Tailors provided the groom and his groomsmen with perfect dress shirts for our special day. We were able to come into the studio and choose exactly what color, texture and design that best matched the suits and theme for the day. Samantha and her staff were wonderful as they took each person aside and performed measurements so that everyone could have their own custom tailored dress shirt for the wedding. With the help of Samantha, we were able to select shirts not only for our wedding day, but dress shirts that could be used for other occasions. 9Tailors is an amazing company that provides exceptional service and quality products. Both the groom and groomsmen have since gone back to 9Tailors to purchase additional tailored shirts as there is nothing else in the area that provides such great service, professionalism and quality.
    Alex Married on 10/25/2014
    9tailors did the 3 piece suit and dress shirt for my wedding 10/25/14. I'll never be able to buy a suit off the rack again.
    Ellen DeLisio at 9tailors was great to work with and I had so much fun picking out the fabric, cut, pockets, buttons and other details with her. Turnaround on the suit and shirt wasn't even that long and aside from some minor tailoring after the first fitting, everything fit perfectly.
    I got several compliments on the suit at my wedding, will be wearing that suit whenever I get the chance and will be sending more business their way.