97 Films Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Mike M. Married on 07/09/2021

Overall Excellent

97 Films was all around fantastic. My wife and I wanted to start by saying that before going into our story about why they were so amazing. During a pandemic and making a somewhat last-minute decision to have a cinematographer, Katie and team came through with flying colors. My parents decided they wanted to be involved in the planning of 97 Films shooting our special day. Katie was not only dealing with talking to us, because she knows we had the vision, but she also worked with my parents directly as well for a seamless conversation. Katie was more than happy to work within out budget and meet our big asks when it came to what we were looking for out of a wedding video. The day of was great and they were a huge part of that. Our turnaround for the complete package was fast and we could not be happier to relive our special day through their lenses as soon as possible.
    Madelyn Married on 01/02/2021

We are so happy we trusted 97 Films with our wedding video!

Katie is so talented, genuine, and easy to work with. She really went above and beyond to accommodate us from start to finish (before AND during the pandemic!) After a year of planning (and four weeks to spare) we moved our wedding plans from Detroit, MI to Naples, FL. Katie was flexible and patient, and made us feel at ease when circumstances and plans were changing daily.

With COVID regulating our guest count, it was important to us to capture our wedding weekend for our family and friends who couldn't travel to celebrate with us. Katie blew us away with her work and made it her priority to ensure we loved our film. We're thrilled to have it forever!
    Shelly C. Married on 08/19/2020

Timeless memories

Today marks our 1 year wedding anniversary. We have rewatched all of our wedding films multiple times throughout the day and they brought us right back to this day one year ago. 97 Films ability to capture everything from the big to the most precious small moments of our special day is absolutely amazing. We are so grateful for these films and their ability to transport us back in time to relive one of the best days of our lives! Thank you 97 Films!
  • Rachel
    Rachel S. Married on 07/26/2020

Great videographer

Katie did a great job of filming our wedding and creating a video! She was very nice and just let us enjoy our day rather than having us do a lot of awkward posing, and we’re really happy with the end result.
  • Audrey
    Audrey H. Married on 07/08/2020

Captured Every Magical Moment!

Katie is absolutely fantastic! She went above and beyond to capture every magical moment of our wedding. With the chaos of navigating our wedding planning in 2020, Katie was incredibly supportive and communicative throughout the process. On the day of Katie made us, our family, and all of our bridal party feel so comfortable. She was such a joy to work with and we could not be happier with her work. We are forever grateful to have had her as a part of our day!
  • Sam
    Sam M. Married on 06/13/2020

Best decision we made for our wedding!

I grew up with Katie, her mom & dad are my godparents. It was not only special to have her be a part of our wedding, but the best decision we made because the quality of her videos turned out AMAZING! She captured our wedding perfectly and made it fun. Plus, there were little things like grabbing me beers from the bar when I got too busy, made sure my bridesmaids took their hair ties off their wrists, had everyone spit out their gum... the list goes on & on. Book her for your wedding, you won’t regret it!!!
    Ann C. Married on 09/28/2019

Best vendor to work with when it comes to making a video of your special day. Easy to work with and very understanding.

Katie is professional, patient, and kind to work with. She makes the whole experience magical and fun. She knows how to put it altogether and it flows smoothly throughout the whole production. Glad we chose her to do our wedding video.
  • Katie
    Katie O. Married on 09/01/2019

Best Experience EVER!

From the initial inquiry to receiving our final videos, Katie Simopoulos and her team at 97 Films were a dream to work with!
    When we first met I knew Katie genuinely wanted to get to know my spouse and I. She made it very clear that she wanted the client and her to have chemistry, and I’m so grateful for that. If we didn’t have chemistry, working with them would have been uncomfortable. They were there capturing some of the most intimate moments of the day – my mother helping me into my gown, our first look, and tears of joy during our vows.
    The team was so pleasant to be around and at moments throughout the day I forgot they were even following us around. They really wanted to capture the raw moments rather than staging something just to get a ‘good clip’. Every time we watch our video, we are so thankful it was authentic, real, and is a true testament to our love for one another and our family. They worked closely with our photographers to find the perfect locations around the city to shoot. Our locations were perfect!
    Being honest, I was on the fence about getting a videographer for our big day – and I’m sure many brides are in the same boat as I was but let me tell you it was the best decision I could have ever made! The day flies by so quick and your adrenaline takes over your entire memory. There were so many moments throughout the day I completely forgot about. It’s been great to watch the video and relive it over and over again. Our ceremony video is something we’ll cherish for the rest of our life and we can’t wait to share it with our children and our children’s children.
    One of the funniest parts about our film is the reception. We were out on the dance floor all evening and the crew got hilarious clips of the good, bad, and the ugly. We laughed so hard at the film and were so glad we got to watch it all over again with a bowl of popcorn and in much more comfortable clothing.
    If I could give one bit of advice to a bride thinking about booking 97 Films it would be BOOK RIGHT NOW! You’ll be so happy you did. If you’re still unsure, talk to Katie because she really put your mind at ease. We’re so thankful to have worked with her team and grateful we gained a friend out of it.
  • Katie
    Katie S. Married on 08/26/2019

amazing and would recommend!

The best and easiest to work with! So fun and made me feel so comfortable! We also got the trailer within a few days!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME! Go with 97 films!
    John N. Married on 07/20/2019

Above the rest!

Katie and her help did an absolutely amazing job for our wedding day. They arrived early and stayed later than expected because they know and understand the value of precious moments. Katie is very friendly and her whole team is very professional. What separates Katie from the rest, in my opinion, is her flexibility to work with you. She is not a set in stone type of videographer where you only get what you get. She finds a way to make things work for you on your big day because she understands the importance of how much things cost and the value a film can bring to capturing once in a lifetime moments.
  • Andrew
    Andrew Married on 06/29/2019

97 Films Perfectly Captured Our Detroit Wedding

Simply put, Katie and 97 Films were perfect! They were able to capture the best moments of the day in a way the pictures cannot. It's so meaningful to get to look back at the sights and sounds of the day. 97 Films gave us such poignant memories of the morning spent with friends and family, getting ready with our respective groomsmen and bridesmaids, the beautiful ceremony, and the fun that was had at the reception. I cannot recommend them enough!
  • Angelina
    Angelina C. Married on 05/31/2019

Absolutely Amazing!

Katie at 97 Films was an absolute dream to work with. If you're on the fence about spending the money on a wedding video, like I was- DO IT! The first time I met with Katie, she immediately put my mind at ease. She's down to earth, knowledgeable, professional, and extremely talented. I could not be more thankful that we chose her to work with. The day of the wedding she made my life so easy. She went above and beyond her cinematography responsibilities to make sure I was happy and having fun! Katie and her team made sure they captured all of the shots I wanted and more. Katie got my trailer back to me a few days after my wedding, and let me tell you, it was absolutely amazing! I couldn't have dreamed of a more perfect wedding video. My husband and I can't stop watching it! I HIGHLY recommend 97 Films. Hands down the best decision I made for my wedding day!
  • Shannon
    Shannon Married on 05/19/2019

Quality work by quality people

Katie at 97 Films was hands down amazing! We were a little unsure if we were going to hire a videographer but are so happy we did! We looked at the website before we spoke and loved the way she and her team capture the special moments of the weddings they do. Hiring Katie was one of the best decisions we made. The day of, she and her fellow team member made us feel so comfortable. They stayed behind the scenes all day but were everywhere at the same time. Katie made us a trailer, a video, and gave us all of our raw footage and they have all turned out incredible. We are so fortunate to have so many keepsakes from that day thanks to her. Our family and friends loved all of the videos and we know we will treasure them for years to come!
    Kelsey Married on 09/22/2018
    Katie is amazing! She was so sweet throughout the entire process. It was really nice that she took the time to get to know us before our big day. Katie even sent us a package with some items we discussed in our first meeting. It was a really nice surprise. She came highly recommended from one of our vendors, and she definitely deserves the praise. She and her team are there and not there are the same time, in a good way. I am sure she caught some amazing moments that I didn't even realize because she was sneaking around so quietly. Her team member was so helpful too, and beyond just taking video made sure my husband and I were comfortable and always hydrated. We appreciated them so much.
    Anne M. Married on 09/16/2018

Highly recommend 97 Films

97 Films did an amazing job capturing our wedding day. Katie helped us every step of the way leading up to the big day. On top of the wonderful service we also got a surprise thank you gift. Every time we watch our wedding film we are taken back to that special day and get to relive the best moments. What a great way to remember our wedding day and it even has the essence of a Hollywood film. We also had a same day film and our friends and family were surprised and it brought tears to their eyes. Katie and her team's attention to detail, professionalism, and overall outstanding quality of cinematography is why we highly recommend 97 Films for your special occasion. A & A Matovski
    Sneha G. Married on 09/01/2018

Amazing experience! 10/10 would recommend

Working with Katie and her team was the most seamless experience we had when planning our wedding. When choosing wedding vendors, you want to make sure that your interactions add excitement and joy rather than stress and worry. Because we had a 3 day Indian wedding, we faced a lot of frustrations with vendors, planning, logistics, etc.; but 97 films did NOT fit into this category. Katie was so accommodating and helpful, always ensuring my husband and I were comfortable, hydrated and having fun. She is receptive to feedback and wants to make sure her end product is exactly what you envisioned. I was blown away with 97 films, from contract signing to final video delivery, Katie executed everything with so much care and attention to detail. Could not recommend this company more!
    Suman Married on 07/28/2018

Excellent videography experience

97 Films was by far the best videography team we could have chosen for our wedding. Katie is absolutely amazing and so easy to work with. When I met with her for the first time to discuss our wedding and videography needs, I immediately knew she would be the perfect one to capture our day! She made us feel so comfortable and confident with everything! On the day of the wedding the 97 Films team was great and very professional. They were there throughout the entire day and they didn't miss anything! Our wedding films have been completely flawless and we have really been enjoying watching them to remember our beautiful day. Thank you 97 Films!
  • Robert
    Robert Married on 05/27/2018

Everything we hoped for and more!

Katie and 97 films captured all the beautiful moments you could possibly want to remember about our special day. They were on time, well prepared, and timely with getting our wedding video back to us. 100% would recommend!
    Sara Married on 01/20/2018
    Katie set up an unbeatable package for our wedding day and met with us beforehand to talk about our vision for the video. She was professional, personable, and responsive throughout the entire planning process. Katie and her team were great to work with on our wedding day as well and captured every special moment for us. Our highlight video was edited and posted within a week following the wedding for our family and friends to share. The quality is amazing and will serve as a timeless memory of our day. We had people telling us they watched it multiple times because it was so beautiful!
    Segilola Married on 10/07/2017

Highly recommend 97 Films for Special Celebrations

Every step of the way with 97 Films was a breeze! The team was professional and they made our choice easy by the warmness they displayed from the start. They did a fantastic job capturing our special days and blended in perfectly so that we didn't feel overwhelmed. I would highly recommend 97 films and treasure the amazing videography of our wedding video!
    Aparna Married on 06/10/2017
    Katie and her team are absolutely amazing!! We enjoyed having them with us at all of our weddings events (we had five days of festivities as we had a full traditional Indian wedding) and they were such a blast to work with! Not only were they super organized and on top of everything from the get go, they were one of the most thoughtful vendors we worked with throughout the entire planning process. From the initial card expressing their excitement to film our wedding all the way to the surprise same day edit they unveiled at our reception, and the many post-production questions we've hurled their way, 97 Films has truly been exceptional and we can't imagine anyone else capturing one of the most important moments of our lives! Needless to say - the final products are stunning! Indian weddings have a lot of specific rituals and Katie took the time to understand each one so she could capture the perfect shots....look no further than the 97 Films crew for your videography needs...they're truly the best in the business!
  • User3153733 2+ years ago
    Katie and her team were so wonderful to work with! She catered to my every request and delivered our films quickly. They are such a great, chill group that capture all of the important moments and details. We love our films! Thank you!