62 Reviews for 88 Love Stories

Liability Insurance (2)
Wedding Portraits (1)
Proofs (1)
62 88 Love Stories Reviews

Nick Davis from 88 Love Stories shot our fall 2017 wedding. We would repeat everything about our experience with Nick and James, as well as our second shooter Josh. The wedding day goes by too quickly, and their photos are unbelievable keepsakes to help us remember the day. Nick has amazing soft skills for a wedding photographer, and he made us comfortable and made our guests laugh as he coordinated complicated shots and acted in two places at once. Both photographers had a sixth sense, capturing absolutely everything as we moved from spot to spot all the way from getting ready through the first look and late into the night.

Seriously, we couldn't be more happy with the wedding day, and that's not to mention the before and after. Nick made the most of our rainy engagement session and generously offered us a bonus session as a rain check. James delivered photos with jaw-dropping speed, and that's not to mention Nick's preview prints that he gave us during the wedding reception itself. They delivered on extra coverage at another location for our after party, and Nick and James were extremely responsive to critical feedback. After the wedding, James went the extra mile to give a physical flash drive with our photos stored on it, as well as some high-quality prints that were completely unexpected. This has got to be one of the best values in the Richmond wedding industry!

And at the end of the day, the photos they delivered were simply beautiful.

Profile Picture Steve, 9/30/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Photography

We absolutely LOVED James and Stephanie. From the beginning they were extremely responsive, professional and just a pleasure to work with. We got both our engagement and wedding photos back extremely quickly and could not have been more satisfied on how they turned out. They are an amazing team and totally worth every penny. They also completed a wedding album for us, which was great quality and captured our day perfectly. I would HIGHLY recommend them for any event.

Profile Picture Mary , 9/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter

James caught my whole surprise engagement and took pictures of us after! He was so fun!

Profile Picture Hyatt, 6/3/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Engagement Shoot, Digital Files, Prints

We learned about 88 Love Stories from a friend of a friend, and our expectations were blown away. We were paired with Nick Davis, who shot our engagement session and full wedding day, and for the wedding he had Shawn as a second shooter. These guys were awesome to work with. I know that from reading most of the reviews, this is James' company and he is often the main photographer mentioned, but he has found a great team of amazing photographers that you should feel equally as comfortable and confidant about working with.

For our wedding, we wanted the focus to be on the party and the guests, and to capture the overall vibe of excitement, joy, and fun being had by all. Nick delivered, and also captured plenty of the smaller emotional moments that came across beautifully. Our engagement shoot in DC was also a great experience. I was also amazed at how efficient the team is at getting out the final product. You will have engagement photos within a week, and your wedding photos within two weeks, and we even had about 30-40 sneak peak photos within two days of the event to hold us over while we waited for the rest.

Just so great, all around. Can't say enough.

Profile Picture Leslie, 5/20/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Additional Hours, Destination / Travel, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Second Shooter, Wedding Portraits, Digital Files, Prints

James is spectacular, end of story. He shot amazing engagement photos for us and his assistant Emily joined him for our big day. The photos are amazing -- a good mix of the standard and more artsy / creative ones -- and he was so organized on the day of, even when we were running behind schedule, that he took the stress away from us so we could just enjoy the moment. He's also really funny and super fun, which is actually more important than we realized in getting great photos. He sent us about 50 photos immediately after the wedding so I had them to show people at the brunch the very next day! And the rest were here within 2 weeks. None of the typical "you only get 6 hours and then have to pay" or "you get the files but have to pay for hi-res"... with James, you're just going to get a fantastic wedding photographer, no games, and at a good price to boot. We can't say enough good things about 88 Love Stories!

Profile Picture Janna, 4/29/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Liability Insurance

We had our engagement shoot this past summer with James and cannot wait for him to capture our wedding day this April! Our engagement pictures defied expectations and we have gotten SO many raving compliments on them. James is so fun to work with and has a great eye for what he does. We are ecstatic to have booked James and know he will capture our big day perfectly.

Profile Picture Ashleigh, 4/22/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Photography

I can't say enough about James, his team of photographers, and his photos. We used 88 love stories for our engagement and wedding photos. Both times, I was blown away just by the sneak peeks! Our wedding last month was captured in the most beautiful way. It was hard not to cry seeing how stunning the photos were. It is a true blessing to be able to look through all of his photos and see from another perspective all the moments we may have missed while enjoying our day. They truly are artists and have an eye and a vision. Best of all they are incredible to work with. I felt like James was a part of the wedding the whole time, and he was one of the best dancers! James, we can't really thank you enough for these photos that will tell our story better than we can ourselves. Just stop looking for a photographer now and call Team 88!

Profile Picture Christina, 4/8/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

We could not have been happier with James and his assistant, Emily. They were professional, organized and calm. We had an extremely windy wedding day and they made the most of the less than stellar conditions. Our photos turned out beautifully. We are so happy we chose 88 Love Stories to capture our special day.

Profile Picture Meredith, 11/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

James and his assistant, Emily are amazing. They captured every detail of our perfect day and everything that mattered most to us - so many pictures of our family and friends! James worked within a fairly strict timeline that we had set and fit in everything, with flexibility! They worked so hard and were a joy to spend time with. We would recommend 88 Love Stories to anyone!

Profile Picture Liz, 11/5/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Digital Files

Can my husband and I have a second wedding so we can have James again as our photographer?! He was absolutely amazing to work with! My husband was skeptical about "staged" photos, but from the second he met James during engagement pictures, he was put to ease. James was so fun to work with from our first call to engagement photos to the wedding. Then of course there are the pictures, which are incredible. All of the pictures are (quickly) posted for you to access and share the link to anyone you'd like with no watermark (this is important to mention as some of my friends were surprised by this from the photographers they used). We picked the album package and we were blown away by the quality and well it turned out. It's easy to tell the pride and enjoyment James takes from his work and I couldn't recommend any vendor more highly. He made our wedding so special and something we'll be able to remember for forever.

Profile Picture Amy, 10/29/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Albums, Digital Files, Prints, Proofs, Engagement Shoot

We are so incredibly pleased by the quality and diversity of James' photographs. We feel blessed that we found him and couldn't have asked for better pictures from our special day. From the portraits in the church to the steps of the Virginia State Capitol, we loved every single one of them. James was absolutely wonderful to work with and his assistant was great too.

James was such a significant part of our wedding day. He was calm, highly skilled, and always helpful, even in unexpected ways. He helped me put on my veil, helped me understand the timing of how to get dressed, and always provided feedback with patience and a great attitude. In particular, I appreciated his patience with our families and friends who constantly were trying to take pictures in the church when he was clearly set up to take our official portraits.

James also had the ability to take wonderful pictures while not "being in the way." I know that he was around but I never "felt" like I was being photographed. His general positive outlook and friendly disposition really made you an excellent person to be with all day on one of the most important days of our lives. We will be forever grateful.

In addition, we were SO impressed by the engagement pictures in Washington. The colors were so vibrant and the shots of the monuments and Potomac River were mere perfection. James drove up from Richmond to photograph us and it was great!

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/10/16, 1 Review
Category: Photography

James is unreal. My husband and I booked James some time ago for our wedding and to say the least, he made my wedding the perfect experience! From flexibility to responsiveness, he provided a level of service that was waaaay more than I would have expected. He helped us with timing for pictures, handling our sometimes crazy families, and really getting to know the bridal party to ensure the moments captured included those close to both my husband and I. In addition, he went above and beyond with my cinematographer team by assisting them and working seamlessly together throughout the day.

Did I mention to drove to meet us for our bridal shoot and was super flexible with any schedule changes and took the time to really understand the Indian transitions?

Overall, his service is unreal and my husband and I are very happy with the services provided.

Profile Picture Monika , 7/9/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Digital Files, Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images

I cannot recommend 88 Love Stories highly enough! James and Leslie were FANTASTIC on our wedding day. They both arrived promptly at 8 am, when my bridesmaids and I began our hair and makeup, and they stayed until my new husband and I left our reception at 9 pm. They worked tirelessly, and when I looked through the 1000 photographs they took, I felt like I was reliving our entire wedding. He made a point of asking for the names of all of my close relatives in advance so he would know who the important parties were for family photos, and when my head was TOTALLY in the clouds on our wedding day, he kept us organized when I really didn't have the wherewithal to direct which groups of family members should go where.

Not ONLY were James and Leslie fantastic on our wedding day, but my husband and I have been working with James for a year now, beginning with our engagement photos. Despite a rainy day in DC, he made us look gorgeous and even eliminated the raindrops from our clothing to make the weather look a bit nicer than it was. He also offered to do a makeup engagement session due to the bad weather. We spent a good 8 hours with him at multiple locations, and he was very friendly and accommodating.

James also threw in a bridal shoot with me, my grandparents, and my mom, and the photographs brought tears to my eyes. He doesn't overly edit photographs: He really just has a good eye for detail and is exceptionally talented at getting candids and making sure the posed pictures feel comfortable.

Finally, I'd like to emphasize that at no additional cost to us, James came out from Richmond, Virginia to Washington, D.C., Woodbridge, Virginia, and Arlington, Virginia for our engagement, bridal, and wedding photos, respectively, He didn't charge us any travel fees, and at each event he took countless photographs. Having Leslie on our wedding day meant we were able to capture some groom getting ready photos as well as the bridal getting ready photos, which was perfect!

Profile Picture Alice, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, Liability Insurance, Digital Files

My daughter's wedding was 2 weeks ago in Arlington, Virginia and since I live in California, finding vendors was all up to the bride and groom. So, I first met James at the bridal photo shoot, done 6 weeks before the wedding, although by then he had completed an engagement shoot with so many fun and interesting photos of my daughter and son-in-law in and around Washington, D.C.

In addition to capturing so many wonderful posed and candid shots, James has such an easy going and genial way about him that he felt more like a helpful family member than a vendor after a very short while. Timelines are always tighter than they seem at events like this, and a few times we were up against either the sunset or time to vacate the church, putting things behind the desired time frame. James never became anxious or in any way uneasy. If anything, he was the first one to reassure us that he would be able to accommodate all of our sought after poses in the time allowed and that he did.

What a joy to view the finished photos and see that every conceivable photo was available with nothing but joyful faces and beautiful lighting. James had along with him, an assistant, Leslie, on the wedding day and not thinking anyone could be as pleasant or unobtrusive as James himself, I had no particular expectation for Leslie. My goodness, was I delighted to see that she was every bit as facile as James in managing to be at the right place at the right time shooting anything and everything in such an affable manner.

By the time the reception was in full swing, I felt as if we were buddies (!) and was sincerely sad to say goodbye. As much as anything else that made the day special was working with and the work done by 88 Love Stories.

Profile Picture Celia, 6/25/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Photography

Wow! James and his assistant did a fabulous job. The two worked as a team and captured all of our memories! We are forever grateful for their work and love how amazing the photos turned out! Working with James from the start was always a pleasure! I recommend for everyone to use 88 Love Stories for their upcoming wedding and other photo needs!

Profile Picture Christy, 11/15/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Photography

Disclaimer - I rarely give perfect reviews and am definitely not the type of person to dish out superfluous praise for participation and effort. With that out of the way, I want to stress just how happy we were with all facets of working with 88 Love Stories as our wedding photographer. James did a fantastic job working with my wife's vision for what she wanted our pictures to look like, providing valuable insight and recommendations, and doing it all with a positive "can do" attitude. He was patient, professional, responsive, on time, and willing to go above and beyond to make sure we were very happy. He's a genuinely nice guy with a customer-centric outlook on his business. I would never use another photographer.

Profile Picture Todd, 10/31/15, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, High-Res Images, Digital Files

We worked with James recently for our engagement photos and he did a wonderful job. The pictures were beautiful and he was very responsive to our ideas. We live in Virginia Beach and he was willing to make the trip from Richmond with only a few days’ notice. I'm so happy we used him and I can't wait to work with him on our wedding day!!!!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/16/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

James Lee is an amazing photographer! He is a great value for his high quality pictures. He is very professional and fun to work with. James has a great sense of humor and his pictures are so creative yet timeless. We are very impressed by James' photography and highly recommend using him to capture your memories!

Profile Picture User5398623, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Wow! My husband and I worked with James Lee for our King Family Vineyards August 15, 2015 wedding and we could not be more thrilled with his work. James was professional and easy to get in touch with from the beginning. We went with 88 Love Stories because their photos are absolutely stunning and we still had our breath taken away when we saw our sneak peaks and wedding album. James even met us at our venue during the rehearsal and took amazing shots and showed up early on our wedding day to make sure he got shots of us getting ready. Every single photo looks like it's out of a fairy tale or a magazine; it is clear that he knew exactly the rights spots, times and angles to get the perfect shot. We had over 1400 beautiful shots. James and his 2nd shooter were SO fun to work with. They put the whole wedding party, including myself, at ease and James even refilled my champagne glass (a few times) while we were getting ready. I would recommend this company to anyone getting married in the area; I can basically guarantee that you will not find anyone even close to this price that will give the same quality of service and results. Thank you so much for a capturing our special day; we will enjoy these photos for the rest of our lives!

Profile Picture Heather, 8/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

Everything about our experience with James during the course of our engagement and wedding day was incredible. We live in Austin, TX and our wedding was 1,500 miles away in Virginia; James was so easy to talk to over Skype and through email, it felt like we were meeting with him in person. We really wanted to have our engagement photos taken in Austin and James was able to coordinate this around his other travel plans. He was calm and composed on our 90 degree wedding day and dealt professionally with all of our other vendors and errant family members. All of our photos are just stunning. His photos are way better than certain photographers who charge wayyy more. Every friend and family member who has seen them has commented on how beautiful they are and James' incredible eye for capturing our special day. We're so glad he was such a big part of our wedding day and look forward to looking at his beautiful photos and our amazing wedding album for the rest of our lives!

Profile Picture Sara, 7/25/15, 18 Reviews
Category: Photography
Services Used: Second Shooter, Additional Hours, Engagement Shoot, High-Res Images, Albums, Digital Files, Prints

James was awesome. I planned long distance, so we had a lot of email communication before finally meeting the week of my wedding. He was thorough, professional, super kind, and produced high quality work. Best of all you could tell he really loves what he does. We were impressed that he spent so long with me for my bridal portraits and that he even came to our rehearsal to check out the church, meet the bridal party and take a few photos of us rehearsing. Overall, we had a fantastic experience and have already recommended him to several friends. Thanks James - we love our pictures and will cherish them for the rest of our lives!

Profile Picture Tarina , 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Photography

I've been meaning to write this review for a very long time as it's actually been a little over a full year since our wedding. Even after a year, my husband AND our respective families are still raving about James. He was absolutely the best choice for us! We are so glad we found such a professional, charismatic, and welcoming personality to be a part of our day. We had unpredictable weather, which was a cinch for him as he worked with it and we got some seriously beautiful shots (one of them is now known as "THAT picture" in our family) that make even better memories. He has a wonderful eye for framing and detail as well as editing.

Throughout the whole process, he was a joy to work with. Our initial meeting, engagement shoot (plus impromptu dinner afterward!), and entire wedding day flowed so well with him by our sides. He even busted out some pretty amazing moves at the reception and everyone loved it! His photographs now have almost exclusive rights to hang on our walls because we love so many of them. Thank you for everything, James.

K&G

Profile Picture Katie, 6/27/15, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Digital Files, Prints, Second Shooter, Engagement Shoot

I do not have the words to express my gratitude for James. He was very, very open and flexible and managed to intertwine my vision with his. He is such an easy person to talk to and to do business with! But most of all, he was the best person to have on my wedding day. He was calm, cool, and collected, but was able to get the shots he wanted. He always made sure my husband and I, our wedding party, our family, and friends looked and felt their very best! His pictures are all impeccable with the right mix of candid and posed shots. The icing on the cake: your wedding is not just another job for him; he genuinely enjoys each wedding he shoots, and thats hard to find in this commercialized world we call "wedding planning." I seriously cannot recommend 88 Love Stories ENOUGH to all you future brides.

Profile Picture Katie, 5/9/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Photography

James was the best photographer we could have asked for! James did our engagement session and our wedding day, and we couldn't have been more happy with the pictures. James' personality pairs perfectly with his photography skills that result in amazing pictures. One thing I really appreciated from James is his asking for examples of pictures and poses that we liked, and then working hard to replicate (and outdo!) them for us. James works hard to make you happy with your pictures, and he succeeds. We are in love with our pictures and we are so happy we chose James for our wedding!

Profile Picture Katelyn, 1/3/15, 4 Reviews