8 Chains North Winery Reviews

8 Chains North Winery 6
8 Chains North Winery 7

Gabrielle Gonzalez · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing venue!

8 Chains was an absolute perfect wedding venue for us! We were only having 50-60 people so the size was perfect and the reception room is so elegant. Never had a single issue communicating with anyone, Elly responded to all my questions promptly. Our whole day went off without a single issue, not a single complaint from us!

Sent on 06/25/2019
    8 Chains North Winery 16

Gaby,
    Thank you for such kind words. Everything about you and Ian's day was perfection. It was a true delight working with you and your family throughout the planning, and the day of. I wish you and Ian all the happiness in the world.

Jairus · Married on 09/29/2018

Hidden Gem in DC

Elly and her team at 8 Chains made our special day into a memorable event. They were able to recommend vendors to make our day seamless as well as worked with our schedules to coordinate days for the various vendors to come out and view the venue. They were accommodating in allowing us to take photos in the barrel room, throughout the vineyard as well as the barn across the street. This was the perfect setting for an intimate ceremony.

Sent on 11/18/2018

8 Chains North Winery's reply:

Jarius, It was an absolute pleasure to be a part of you and Eric's special day. It truly was magical. Come in and see us soon!
    Cheers

Hayley · Married on 06/03/2018

Wedding of our dreams!

My husband and I got married in June at this venue and it was perfect!! The venue was beautiful and Elly (their wedding guru) made sure that our special day was absolutely amazing. The weather was horrible but somehow the ceremony ended up being more beautiful than we originally though because of their flexibility and backup plan. Pricing was fair for what you get in the wedding world.

Sent on 12/15/2018
    8 Chains North Winery 21
    8 Chains North Winery 22
    8 Chains North Winery 23

Hayley,
    It was an absolute pleasure hosting you and Jesse's wedding. It truly was a magical evening. Wish you both all the best!
    -Elly
  • Rachel

Rachel · Married on 05/27/2018

Dream-come-true Wedding at 8 Chains North Winery

We visited many vineyards in search of the best fit for our wedding venue. 8 Chains North Winery felt like home to us from the moment we turned at Daymont Lane, and were greeted with a view of horses and a silo. As my wife, Lisa, grew up in the country and I’m a country girl at heart, we appreciate the peaceful and quiet setting. This winery is elegant though unpretentious. Other vineyards are dog friendly, but 8 Chains North Winery is the only one we’ve found that has a safe, enclosed area for dogs to play. Initially, we wanted our dog to be in our ceremony. Although we decided against including Zeke on our special day, 8 Chains North Winery scored points with us for welcoming and accommodating the needs of dogs. Each return visit to 8 Chains North Winery re-affirmed our decision to get married here!

Our wedding at 8 Chains North Winery was a dream come true in every way. Their staff was consistently warm, kind, professional, and 100% attentive to our needs. They took the time to meet with us and review our wishes and requirements well in advance of our wedding day. Elly Sullivan (events manager), in particular, was always calm and made sure that everything ran smoothly. Wedding planning can be stressful, but there was no need to worry about a thing with the support of this team! We’ve also heard from many of our guests, who love this winery and said that this was the best wedding they’d ever attended.

Since our wedding, we continue to find reasons to return to 8 Chains North Winery! Rain or shine, we’re always happy to be here and highly recommend 8 Chains North Winery to other couples who desire that dream-come-true experience!

Sent on 12/21/2018

Rachel,
    You and Lisa's wedding was stunning in every way. Every detail was so intentional and it truly was a day of celebrating your love for each other. It was my pleasure to work for you. See you soon.

Megan · Married on 05/19/2018

I am so happy I had my wedding at 8 chains north. I've been almost all of the wineries in northern Virginia (what can I say...I love wine) and this place was my first thought when selecting a venue. The outside is beautiful as you would expect with any vineyard. However the inside is beautiful. It is so pretty you don't need to spend much on decor. At the same time it's a beautiful palate to make fit any theme. It can be rustic or romantic or elegant. Unlike other venues I didn't feel trapped by wall colors or the places personal decor. It is also a perfect size for a 50-80 person wedding. It is intimate without feeling stuffy. Also the staff are great. They are helpful and accommodating. I am so glad I had my wedding here. It was a perfect day.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Hi Megan,
    Your wedding was just beautiful! It was a joy working with you and Miles to make it a perfect day. I wish you both all the happiness in the world.

Samantha · Married on 10/15/2017

Beautiful winery. An amazing place to have any special event. The entire staff was attentive and flexible.

Sent on 10/15/2017

Samantha,
    Thank you for your review. It was a pleasure working with you and Drew. I hope you are loving married life.

Nicole · Married on 09/29/2017

Kim and the 8 Chains North team went above any beyond to make our wedding day exactly what we had hoped. Our Wedding was late September, 2017. We had fallen in love with the venue when we first went in for our tasting in January, trying to make a decision on where we wanted to get married. We had a small, 12 person wedding (including bride & groom). Kim worked with our caterer to suggest a beautiful farm table to rent for our family dinner. We had our ceremony in the lush green vineyard as the sun was setting, followed by light appetizers on the patio under the cutest lights. Dinner was served in the Compass Rose Room which is STUNNING.

The bride and groom suites put this place over the top. When my mother and I arrive to get ready, there was a bottle of my favorite wine waiting for us chilled with glasses. The rooms are so feminine and masculine and perfectly appointed. We got some really fantastic pictures. Other wineries we had checked out in the Northern VA area did not have spaces that were so intentional. Kim was very communicative throughout the planning process and I just knew things would go over well. She was clear with what was allowed at their venue. Despite having so many weddings and so many brides, every meeting with Kim made it feel like I was the only bride, not to mention that Kim was in attendance for the entire extent of the wedding.

Whether big or small, I would highly suggest working with Kim and the 8 Chains North team for your wedding or other event. Truly a top venue!

Sent on 01/14/2018
    8 Chains North Winery 24

Nicole,
    It was a beautiful wedding from start to finish. I hope you and Adam are enjoying married life.

Laura · Married on 08/12/2017

8 Chains North winery was a fabulous place to host our August 5, 2017 wedding! We worked with Kim Sullivan who was always just an email or phone call away when we needed to discuss anything. She was professional and the 8 Chains North staff that was present on our big day was the same-professional, friendly, and attentive. Not only do you have the beauty of the vineyard (perfect for your photography) the Compass Rose room provides a lovely atmosphere for reception afterwards. There is also the outdoor space that was a huge hit among our guests due to the hot weather. Upstairs there are 2 lovely rooms-one for the brides and bridemaids and one for the groom and groomsmen-in which to get ready before the ceremony. The atmosphere was simply classy and stunning, especially at sunset. The wine, including the sparkling, was a huge hit during our cocktail hour and reception. Kim was conscious of our budget, too, and worked with us since we had a smaller wedding to accommodate our needs. I highly recommend 8 Chains North as a wedding venue for any future brides!

Sent on 08/23/2017

Hi Laura,
    Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure to work with you in making your day perfect. I wish you all the best.

Audrey · Married on 07/03/2016

8 Chains North was a gorgeous for our wedding with wonderful, attentive staff. We got married in the Compass Rose Room inside, which is a stunning room with modern chandeliers and a window into the barrel room. It was great to be able to have everything inside, since it rained just briefly during the wedding, but guests could explore the winery when the weather cleared up. They also recently completed two lovely dressing rooms upstairs where my wedding party and I had a great time getting ready (with DELICIOUS wine - they make some of the best wine I've had in VA!)

Sent on 07/09/2016

Nicole · Married on 06/25/2016

We are so happy that we chose 8 Chains for our June wedding! As soon as we visited 8 Chains we knew that it was the right venue for us. The atmosphere is laid back, the wine is amazing, and the views both inside and out are stunning. We chose to have our ceremony outside, the cocktail hour was both on the patio and spread into the tasting room to give our guests relief from the heat, and our reception was in the beautiful Compass Rose Room. The chandeliers, cork walls, and view to the barrel room give this space so much character. Erin- the event manager is great to work with. We couldn't have asked for a better venue for our wedding day!

Sent on 07/19/2016
  • User6618852 · event on 04/09/2016

My girlfriends planned a trip to 8 Chains Winery as part of my Bachelorette weekend. We went to several wineries in the area, but this one was my absolute favorite! They were very knowledgable about the wines, how they are made, what creates each of the flavors and for my pairing they paired the with AMAZING chocolates! I was completely blown away that there wasn't a SINGLE wine I tasted that I didn't LOVE. There was a variety in the flavors between the types of wine which I loved! They are also pet friendly, so I can't wait to come back for another visit with my girlfriends and their pups!

Sent on 04/20/2016

Adam and Michelle · Married on 10/17/2013

If you are looking for the perfect place for your romantic, intimate, and overall amazing wedding.. look no further. My, now wife and I, stumbled upon 8 Chains North Winery while visiting Virginia wine country. We had been to several locations but as soon as we walked into 8 Chains we knew immediately this was the place. The tasting room is very intimate, but with plenty of seating for a nice size crowd.. two bars and a rolling fireplace top it off. Just off the the tasting room is the Compass Rose room, this room is very elegant with one wall being made of wine cork, beautiful chandeliers, and a rear wall made of glass so that you can see directly through to the barrel room. Our wedding and reception was October 13, 2017 at 6pm. The ceremony was out on the lawn and in the background were beautiful rows of vineyards. The brick patio was the icing on the cake and perfect location for our cocktail hour. The best part of the entire experience was working with, Kim Sullivan, the Events Manager, she is absolutely amazing. There is no doubt she is a pro at what she does and she worked with us every step of the way to make sure our special day went off without a hitch. She is incredibly responsive, professional, and we felt like she took a personal interest in making this special; even going so far as to recommend a caterer and florist, both of wish we decided to go with. Our wedding and reception was amazing and our friends and family are still talking about it.

If you are looking for a place for your wedding, reception, or private event... 8 Chains is the place to go.

Sent on 10/17/2017
    8 Chains North Winery 31
    8 Chains North Winery 32
    8 Chains North Winery 33

Melinda · Married on 10/22/2016

My wedding at 8 Chains North went perfectly. The staff through the whole process was attentive and helpful, especially Erin (now a wedding planner) and Sydney--they were more than accommodating with our needs. The space is gorgeous inside and out! I especially appreciated having an indoor/outdoor wedding set-up and the bridal/groom suites upstairs. I would highly, highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/03/2016

Hi Melinda
    Thank you for you review. It was our pleasure to work with you and Kevin in making your day perfect. All of us at 8 Chains North wish you both all the best.
  • Princess Moonbeam

Erin · Married on 05/14/2016

I can't recommend 8 Chains highly enough, as both a winery and a wedding venue! We had our reception here and it couldn't have been more perfect. The property is beautiful, the staff is fantastic, and the wine is delicious. Their event planner Erin is awesome to work with, and I really appreciated her taking charge and making things work on the fly day-of. Unlike some other wineries in the area, 8 Chains is not trying to put on airs. They're just a laid-back place full of wonderful people who will make your event beautiful.

Sent on 05/17/2016

Megan · Married on 09/17/2016

8 Chains North was such a beautiful venue for us to have our ceremony and reception, and our guests loved it! We got married outside in a field near the vines, had our cocktail hour on their great outdoor (covered) patio, and then the reception was hosted indoors in their beautiful Compass Rose Room. Upstairs they have a lovely bridal suite with lots of vanity space as well as a handsome groom's suite complete with a leather sofa. We loved that the venue is more intimate since we were hosting a smaller wedding, that they included things like tables, chairs, and wine glasses, and that they gave us complete freedom in choosing our other vendors. Oh, and one of the biggest selling points for us was that they are completely dog friendly! So we were able to have our pup there with us the entire night (he hung out in the dog park area during the reception). The general manager and events coordinator there are great to work with and were very helpful and accommodating throughout the entire planning process. A truly fantastic vendor and am so glad that 8 Chains North was part of our big day!

Sent on 12/24/2016

Lindsay · Married on 05/18/2018

4.2
      3.0

We held our rehearsal dinner in the Compass Rose room, and it was perfect. The owner even came in to do a special barrel tasting for our guests. Elly was our event coordinator, and she was wonderful. I only decreased the rating because when I initially booked the venue, it took a long time to get a response and contract.

Sent on 07/15/2018

Lindsay,
    Your rehearsal dinner was wonderful, the barrel tasting was a hit with your guests. I hope you and Justin are loving married life. Stop in anytime for a tasting.