617 WEDDINGS Reviews

617 WEDDINGS 6
617 WEDDINGS 7

Jason · Getting married on 10/10/2020

Just the start

WE HAVE JUST STARTED WORKING WITH 617 AND SO FAR THEY HAVE BEEN EXCELLENT TO WORK WITH SO FAR. AVAILABLE FOR US AND DJ JULIO AND CHUCK HAVE MADE US TOTALLY FEEL THAT THEY GENUINLY WANT TO MAKE THIS DAY A SPECIAL ONE!

Sent on 08/01/2019

Julie Machado · Getting married on 01/04/2020

Absolutely amazing night!

We had DJ Chuck from 617 Weddings as our DJ at the Essex Room on April 13th and from the moment we booked him 2 years prior, I felt completely comfortable asking all the crazy questions I had and he was so fast to respond! I had full trust that he would be able to execute exactly what we wanted while also reading the crowd the night of to make sure the crowd also got what they wanted. The day of our wedding was perfect! People are still talking about how wonderful our DJ was and they have never seen such a full dance floor the whole night! There are so many amazing things that I could just keep going on about, I would highly recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 04/29/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha · Getting married on 11/13/2019

A Professional DJ that could get the party going and KEEP it going.

From the start, Chuck from 617 made us feel important and made it clear he was excited to work with us (all the other DJ's we interviewed made it seem like we were lucky to have them, but Chuck was the complete opposite). Chuck checked in periodically to see if we needed anything for the wedding, even if it was not DJ related. It truly made us feel like he had our best interest in mind for the entire day, not just the part that he was in charge of. When the big day came around, he was punctual and professional. But our favorite part about Chuck was how personable he was. He made sure everyone's name was said correctly during intros and realllllly pumped up our crowd (which is exactly what we wanted). During the party portion the dance floor was not empty ever. If he could tell the crowd wasn't feeling a song, he'd remix a new one in seemlessly to get everyone going again. He even captured a picture of my mom and I watching my husband and his mom share their mother/son dance. It was such a sweet moment that I don't even know if our photographers captured it. Overall, choosing Chuck to be our DJ was one of the best decisions we made, and one of the best and easiest vendors to work with. We would and do highly recommend him and 617 Weddings.

Sent on 06/03/2019
    617 WEDDINGS 8
    617 WEDDINGS 9

Jenna Boyd · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Jimmie Espo & 617 Weddings = amazing

We are SO thankful we chose Jimmie Espo for our wedding at the Bedford Village Inn. I'm not from MA, but Jimmie & 617 weddings was highly recommended by everyone I spoke to, so I gave them a call. From our first conversation I could tell Jimmie was experienced and could handle all the aspects of the day perfectly. He answered my many texts and calls and we even met him at the 617 Weddings office to review details before the wedding day. The ceremony and reception was amazing and Jimmie handled all the details for that as well. Everyone was singing during dinner and crowded the dance floor before the dance floor was officially open (exactly what we wanted!!). Nobody wanted to stop dancing and everyone keeps talking about how much fun they had. Thank you so much!!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Victoria · Married on 09/14/2019

617 will not disappoint

We had Chris Profenna as our Dj. He was wonderful! He played all the songs we had requested as well as playing all types of music we enjoyed. He worked with our wedding coordinator to help everything run smoothly, which it did! They use an online portal to help with planning also and that was very helpful. Would highly recommend! Everyone says how much fun the music was.

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 09/07/2019

The best dj - it was a party before the salads came out!

617 Weddings & Jimmie Espo were seriously amazing to work with. They were so organized and had an online portal for wedding timeline, song requests and planning. On the day of, Jimmie our DJ absolutely made the party. It was seriously a party the salads came out I've never seen anything like it - he played Sweet Caroline and people were dancing at their chairs it was amazing. He played every request we had and played a good mixture so that all guests at all age ranges were dancing and having a great time. Guests were on the dance floor the entire night, which is exactly what we wanted it was incredible. People to this day have reached out to me saying it was the best wedding ever and how much they loved our DJ and the music. I could not be happier in choosing 617 for our big day. I would recommend to any bride/ groom or anyone looking to have an awesome party. I really hope to work with them again one day!

Sent on 08/09/2019
    617 WEDDINGS 10
    617 WEDDINGS 11

Kate quealy · Married on 09/07/2019

John LoConte

Book John loconte from 617 weddings!!!! He is absolutely amazing to work with. He is so friendly and fun and made taking all our photos effortless!! He captured so many candid moments, and at the same time knew exactly where to go for the best photo ops, he even spotted a rainbow in the sky and put us in the best position for it to be captured. TRULY AMAZING!!!! You won’t be disappointed.

Sent on 08/28/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Sheehan · Married on 09/07/2019

Chuck was incredible!

Chuck made our reception so much fun!!!! He is incredibly talented and played music that kept it fun for all generationsl! He did an excellent job of keeping people dancing and making it a true party. Two days before our wedding we realized we hadn't hired anyone to do mics/speakers for our ceremony and Chuck made sure to do this for me even though it was last minute. He lives up to his "anything for my brides" name!!! Chuck also did all of our uplights and they were stunning! I would hire 617 weddings and DJ Chuck over again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 09/17/2019
  • Maria

Maria Aiello · Married on 09/06/2019

Unbelievable!

Chuck got the party started right away and kept people on the dance floor throughout the night! Amazing DJ!

Sent on 09/11/2019

Lauren Lynch · Married on 09/01/2019

DJ and Videographer

We found 617 weddings online as top rated dj service and videographers on google. To say they both exceeded our expectations was an understatement. Dj Julio was top notch all night. Our audience was a mixed Spanish/American wedding. Every single person at our wedding was on the dance floor all night. Julio is a great guy not just as a DJ, but person in general. He acted like he knew us for years and we felt the same with his energy. Franco was our videographer and was also amazing. Very talented artist, great personality and knew what he was doing from when he arrived to when he left. Can't say enough great things about these guys.

Sent on 09/11/2019

Dario Galizia · Married on 08/31/2019

Wedding 8/31/2019

We chose Danny T from 617 Weddings and from the beginning we knew that he would make our wedding day special. He is really passionate about music and his job. At the first consultation, where we discussed our music likes and dislikes, he really listened to us and was able to tailor our wedding play list to represent us as a couple. People could not get enough of the music and were on the dance floor the entire night. We even had some of our family members that never dance on the dance floor. Our wedding was two weeks ago at Spinellis Function and everyone still talks about the music and how much fun they had. Danny was very easy to work with and was always just a phone call away whenever we had a question. He made our special day stand out from the rest. I highly recommend Danny T and the whole 617 Weddings team.

Sent on 09/19/2019

Angela Denaro · Married on 08/24/2019

Amazing experience

We were lucky to have Dimitri Soteropoulos from 617 Weddings as the DJ for our wedding at Granite Links! Dimitri was amazing- he was incredibly professional, responsive, and really took the time to understand our guests and vision for the wedding. We were so happy that reception dance floor was always packed from start to finish!! He played a little bit of everything to really cater to the crowd. We also had Dimitri DJ our after party- which was even more fun then the reception! Again, the dance floor was packed until the end of the party. Guests had so much fun at the reception that way more people stayed for the after party than we had anticipated! So many guests told us it was the most fun/dancing they've done at a wedding. Overall, we had an amazing experience with Dimitri and HIGHLY recommend him and 617 weddings!!!

Sent on 09/07/2019
  • Jules

Jules · Married on 08/23/2019

Dimitri made our wedding the most fun experience!

Dimitri is responsible for making our wedding the most fun and memorable night of our lives! It's only been two days since the wedding and I've received countless comments from guests that we had the BEST wedding they've ever been to. We even had guests say that they never stay until the end of weddings, including their own, and they stayed until the end of ours! Something I should also mention: we had a SMALL wedding of about 60 guests and the dance floor wasn't empty ONCE! The venue staff even mentioned they've never seen a dance floor packed all night long and never stop dancing.
    From my first conversation with Dimitri over a year out from my wedding I was impressed. Dimitri was professional, thorough, but most of all he became a friend that wanted to give us the best night of our lives and he wanted to know us in order to achieve that. He responded quickly to texts and emails, and he thought of every little detail of the flow of the day that I hadn't. I simply do not have enough positive things to say about Dimitri and highly recommend him to any bride & groom looking to make their wedding the most fun night of their lives no matter the number of people who attend!

Sent on 08/26/2019

Heather L · Married on 08/23/2019

617 Weddings with DJ Chuck Uglietta,

We hired Chuck Uglietta from 617 Weddings to DJ our wedding at Misselwood. Chuck was highly communicative, always responding to our emails and inquiries right away. He made us feel comfortable that everything would be taken care of the day of the wedding and was accommodating to our special requests. Both Chuck and the 617 team was extremely professional and our guests RAVED about the music and energy on the dance floor. Highly recommend.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Whitney

Whitney McKay · Married on 08/03/2019

Awesome! You need and MC and a DJ

We went with 617 Weddings for our DJ and we were not disappointed! We originally experienced him DJ and MC our friends wedding and my husband and I weren't even engaged at the time and he was so memorable that once we got engaged we knew what we wanted for a DJ. Our friends and family loved the music and the overall performance that the DJ puts on during the wedding. We couldn't have imagined our special day with anyone else.

Sent on 08/12/2019

Christina · Married on 07/28/2019

Dj dimitri is the best!

Dimitri was the DJ for our wedding on July 28th. We were recommended by someone else to look into him to hire for the event and it was the best decision yet! He was professional, prompt, and made us feel stress-free on such a big day. I knew immediately from our first meeting that he was the guy for us and I would HIGHLY recommend him and the 617 team for your event. We’ve received compliment after compliment on how fun it was and the dance floor was packed from start to finish. Dimitri was great to work with...especially with my last minute request for a Monogram name display! It’s also important to mention that he played the perfect mix of Greek and American music to please all of our guests. Overall, amazing experience working with Dimitri and his team!

Sent on 09/04/2019
  • Kristen

Kristen N · Married on 07/27/2019

Dj dimitri was amazing!

DJ Dimitri Soteropoulos did an absolutely outstanding job at our wedding at the Hellenic Center in Ipswich this July!!! The most important element of a wedding for guests to be having fun all night is by far the DJ, and Dimitri made sure that happened for us. Family and friends, young and old, were on the dance floor until the very end of the night and were absolutely loving it - they are all still talking about how much fun they had at our wedding, even my Yiayia (grandmother)!

I could not have asked for a better experience working with Dimitri from the start. He was always professional, flexible, and happy to accommodate anything we needed. We hardly gave him any guidance or song requests and he was still able to nail it and keep the whole crowd happy all night. And even more importantly, he made us feel comfortable and assured us he would handle everything, and he absolutely delivered on that! I can't speak highly enough of Dimitri, and would recommend him to anyone for their wedding!

Sent on 08/08/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Loan · Married on 07/21/2019

Jimmie is the best!

We hired Jimmie from 617 weddings to dj our wedding. From the first phone call we knew he would make our wedding everything we envisioned it would be. He was quick to respond to every email and text, no matter how big or small the questions or concern was. At our meeting before the wedding he really helped us with our wedding reception timeline and put us at a lot of ease of how everything would flow. He provided music for our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception, all three were different spots of our venue. The reception was amazing! He had everyone dancing the entire night! From our younger guests to our older guests everyone was always on the dance floor. I had multiple people comment to me during the wedding how great the music was, and that it was the "danciest wedding" ever. 617 weddings use a simple portal to help add songs to playlists, must plays, and timelines of when songs should be played when. They also offered a photo booth with attendant and uplighting which we used. We would definitely recommend 617 weddings!

Sent on 09/12/2019

Lauren Bombara · Married on 07/20/2019

The best, hands down

Of all our vendors, we received more compliments on our DJ/music than anything else.

From the initial meeting, we knew Dimitri Soteropoulos and 617 Weddings were a great fit for our wedding. Working with Dimitri was easy and stress-free. We were able to pick some must play songs as well as some preferred songs that he could use as a guide for the rest of the music. We explained how we really wanted our wedding to be a big party and Dimitri did this and made it seem effortless. His expertise of the wedding industry really helped to inform us on some of the other decisions we needed to make for the wedding. He also made some recommendations for how we could make our wedding feel as special to everyone else as it felt to us. The day of, him and his assistant Eddie kept everyone on the dance floor and having a great time.

We would highly recommend their team to anyone!

Sent on 08/09/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 07/13/2019

the Hype man you're looking for

Dane Leveton from 617 Weddings did my wedding at the Beauport Hotel in Gloucester. He knew the venue so i didn't have to help with anything at all. He was incredible! He kept my dance floor packed! All my friends commented how they didn't expect such a hype man! By the end of the night all my engaged friends were asking me for his contact info. Seriously he was the best! He kept us on schedule for all the moments through out the night. He was personable, he could tell if I wanted the song to end for my first dance/ parent dances. He had a good mix of music going so everyone was happy and dancing. Very highly recommended!

Sent on 07/24/2019
    617 WEDDINGS 12
  • Elisabeth

Elisabeth · Married on 07/06/2019

DJ Chuck is the best!

We couldn't possibly recommend DJ Chuck from 617 Weddings any higher. He was extremely familiar with our venue (Smith Barn in Peabody) so the set up was never in question -- we knew everything would be set up without a hitch -- even with a questionable weather forecast with a lot of moving parts, Chuck was on top of it from the start. In our pre-wedding meet up the week of the wedding, Chuck understood us, our musical preferences, and what we wanted. He delivered an entertaining set, kept everything moving, and handled himself with class throughout. A true professional. He'll do anything for his brides, and grooms.

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Matt

Matt Chesson · Married on 06/22/2019

Best Wedding DJ - Hands Down!

Anyone looking for a wedding DJ, I highly recommend DJ Danny T with 617 Weddings! From the first meeting to the last, my wife and I both felt comfortable with Danny. Throughout the entire wedding planning process, meetings with Danny were the only ones I was excited to have.

It's now 3 months later and we are still hearing how much people loved the DJ and how he had everyone dancing all night! (Even the old heads)

Sent on 09/13/2019

Sumayya · Married on 06/15/2019

Chuck nailed it!

We hired DJ Chuck after a few friends recommended him from their weddings. He was professional, enthusiastic, and really listened to what we wanted. He got all of our guests out onto the dance floor and read the room really well. He also checked in on us throughout the night to see if we needed anything, and took the reins behind the scenes to coordinate timing with other vendors. He gave us just the atmosphere we were looking for!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Angela

Angela · Married on 06/08/2019

Unbelievable experience! Star quality all around

You can not go wrong with DJ Chuck Uglietta from 617entertainment dance floor was literally the best place to be all night long! He was super easy to work with and made sure the dance floor was packed all night long!!

Cruiseport Gloucester is the most beautiful venue around. Great value and an even better experience. The grounds the food and the people were all on point! Love it with is could do it all over again!

Sent on 06/18/2019