617 WEDDINGS Reviews

617 WEDDINGS 5
617 WEDDINGS 6
617 WEDDINGS 7

Amy · Married on 03/16/2019

DJ Jimmie Espo was Amazing!

Jimmie was so great and we were so happy that he was available to DJ our special day this past weekend! We got married and the Cruiseport in Gloucester, MA and Jimmie handled all of the uplighting as well. He was so organized and had a detailed timeline for different lighting throughout the evening which made the space look so amazing. He was an amazing DJ and kept the party going all night. The music was awesome and worked with all ages and he really understood our preferences. Everything flowed so well - the music for the ceremony, the bridal party introductions, first dance, parent dances, there was even a surprise flash mob that Jimmie had just found out about but he didn't seem flustered at all with the change of plans. He was so wonderful and I would highly recommend Jimmie and 617 Weddings for DJ and Uplighting services!

Brianna Finck · Married on 01/19/2019

Our day was so fun and easy thanks to 617 weddings

Lakeview pavillion made our wedding day SO EASY! Wedding planning can be so stressful and the staff at Lakeview pavillion made it so easy with their timeline and constant communication! All of the seating charts and plans were already mapped out in templates so all I had to do was fill in the paperwork but they were also totally agreeable to anything I wanted differently! On the day of the wedding we were so overwhelmed trying to spend time with our guests, the staff at Lakeview was beyond generous and helpful at making sure we were taken care of and kept our timeline on track! On top of the amazing staff and beautiful venue... THE FOOD!! The food was so amazing! I am such a picky eater and made sure that I would be able to get chicken fingers when we signed the contract but the meals were all so good I even ended up getting an adult plate! All of our guests were raving about the beauty of the venu and the amazing food!

617 WEDDINGS 10
    617 WEDDINGS 11
    617 WEDDINGS 12

Kayla · Married on 12/22/2018

Perfect wedding DJ

We just got married last night (12/22/18) and couldn't wait to write a review for DJ Danny T with 617 weddings. He was actually the first familiar face I saw when I arrived at the Black Swan and automatically calmed my nerves. Everyone is still talking about the music today and how awesome he was for keeping the fun going all night. Aside from him being amazing at the wedding, he was also amazing at being flexible with the planning. We are from Massachusetts but currently live in NC so planning a wedding taking place in MA from NC was tricky but anytime I was free and visiting in MA again, Danny would free up his schedule to meet. I'll be recommending him to everyone I know who is engaged! Thanks again for the perfect wedding night!

• Michelle

Michelle Ramponi · Married on 12/15/2018

Dane made our entire wedding!!

The best part of any wedding, in my opinion, is the music and dancing. The #1 most important thing for me was that the dance floor at our wedding would be packed adn everybody would have a great time - and I got everything I wanted and more! Dane was so prompt with communicating with us the entire year leading up to the wedding, he answered all of our questions, and really took the time to get to know us to get a feel for what we like. There's no point in hiring a DJ who is just going to hit play on a playlist that you had to make for him... Dane is not that kind of DJ. He took our suggestions and requests, but read our crowd like a pro and had people of all ages tearing up the dance floor all night long. People are still talking about it! Not only was the music great, but Dane made sure we never had an empty drink, made sure we made time to sit down and eat, and took care of our bridal party and parents all night long. He knows exactly how to plan out the timeline and coordinate everything - I didn't lift a finger or worry about a thing. I can't recommend him enough!!

Jacky Taglieri · Married on 12/15/2018

Jacky & Chris 12.15.18

Dimitri Soteropolus from 617 Weddings DJ’d our wedding this past December at Tewksbury Country Club. The entire experience was amazing. Dimitri was super easy to talk to and completely understood the vibes we were looking for. Our guests haven’t stopped telling us what an amazing time they had, and Dimitri and 617 Weddings played the most important roll in that. I highly recommend them for anyone’s upcoming nuptials.

617 WEDDINGS 13
  • Thomas

Thomas Martellone · Married on 12/08/2018

Perfect Music and Vibe! Thanks Dane!

Dane Leveton was our DJ through 617 Weddings and we could not have been happier! LOTS of guests commented on how great the music was all night long, and as a matter of fact, people danced until the end of the night and the dance floor was full ALL NIGHT! Dane has just the right amount of balance of "DJ" and "Support". He was super easy to work with, flexible, friendly, and really wanted us to have the best day ever! We would pick Dane and 617 Weddings again hands down!

Nicole · Married on 11/11/2018

Dj chuck - amazing

DJ Chuck made my wedding!!! He was so fun and got every single guest on the dance floor. I still get compliments on how fun my wedding was and how awesome the DJ was.

Mary Mojica · Married on 11/11/2018

My big fat Italorican Wedding!

Jimmy was amazing!
    He really knows his audience and how to keep the party going. Everyone was dancing singing and having a great time the entire night.

Jose Mojica · Married on 11/11/2018

Professional from start to finish

Jimmy Espo from 617 Weddings is one of the best DJ’s in the industry. His experience and ability to manage a room is second to to none.

He timed everything perfectly, starting at cocktail hour through the last dance.

I Would highly recommend him because you will not be disappointed.

Best wishes,
    JM

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 11/03/2018

BOOK NOW! The best in the biz.

DJ Jimmie Espo, owner of 617 Weddings, is EXACTLY who you want for your wedding if you’re looking for someone who knows how to kick up the energy and create the perfect party atmosphere at your wedding, from ceremony to intros all the way through the reception. Not only is he phenomenal at getting and keeping people on the dance floor, he was also superb at helping my now-husband and I seamlessly move through our day. He checked in with us at key moments to remind us to eat, or to enjoy the moment, or to keep us on time. He worked so well with all of our other vendors, it’s no wonder he and 617 Weddings are a preferred vendor of our venue - The Villa at Ridder Country Club. Leading up to the wedding, folks from 617 would check in with us periodically to make sure planning was going well and remind us to fill out their pre-wedding information forms (all digital and easily accessible) which were so comprehensive and helpful for us to get all the information in one place. Then, at the pre-wedding meeting the week of (best idea ever), Jimmie was honest and thoughtful in sharing his expertise with us to ensure we would get the atmosphere and vibe we were looking for. My husband and I walked out of that meeting vibrating with energy and excitement because we couldn’t WAIT to party. Jimmie and 617 Weddings ARE the party people you want for your wedding and I would recommend them one million times over!

Alicia · Married on 11/03/2018

Amazing!

Super fun and upbeat. Attention to ALL the details. Packed dance floor. Incredibly organized. Chants for "ONE MORE SONG". Seamless execution. These are just a few of the amazing things you can expect with Danny Taliaferro aka Danny T at 617 Weddings!!

We knew we were in great hands after our first meeting with Danny. He sampled tracks for us that totally matched the vibe we had described, provided honest feedback and guidance for the day’s activities, and kept things super fun and upbeat throughout the entire session. Danny even continued to check-in on us, leading up to our wedding, making sure we were comfortable and ready for the big day.

I was already super impressed, and didn’t think things could get any better. But they did. From the ceremony to the reception, Danny was absolutely AMAZING. At cocktail hour, our guests were already talking about how much they enjoyed the music and how wonderful Danny was. They couldn’t wait to get on the dance floor – and ultimately, never left once the dance music started. I have attended A LOT of weddings, and have never seen a dance floor that packed for an entire evening. Our family and friends had so much fun that they began to chant, “ONE MORE SONG” at the end, and once again, Danny delivered!!

It’s been almost a month since our wedding and people are still talking about how great Danny was, noting that this was the “the party of the year”. I cannot say enough about Danny. HIGHLY recommend for your wedding. You will not be disappointed!!

Jessica Leslie · Married on 11/02/2018

Smith Barn Wedding 11/2/18 with 617 Weddings

Chuck is amazing! Since the day we booked with him we were confident that he would make our day as special as possible. One thing that stood out to us the first time we met him was his love and knowledge for country music. Country music was a huge piece of our wedding. Chuck perfected country song choices during dinner. Chuck is always responsive and an all around kind and genuine person. He truly wanted us to have the best wedding possible and we did because Chuck went above and beyond to accomplish that for us. We are so grateful to have had him as our DJ at Smith Barn in Peabody. Our friends and family enjoyed his energy and after the wedding we received several compliments about Chuck and people inquiring to book their events with him. I HIGHLY recommend booking Chuck as your DJ for your wedding or any special event. He was outstanding and we cannot thank him enough for making our wedding reception perfect.

• Laura

Laura · Married on 10/28/2018

DJ Chuck was AMAZING and such a cool guy-- a great wedding DJ and great to work with. He came to me with high recommendations, having DJ'ed my cousin's wedding and another friend's wedding. TWO awesome recommendations?? I had to go with him. He was super fun and knew how to get the crowd moving, always playing the perfect next song. He took the time to listen to our requests and get to know our music style, and put together a playlist that was tailored to our specific musical tastes, and to the feel of the crowd. He was also very careful not to play requests from our guests without the "OK" of the bride first, which I appreciated :) Everyone had a fabulous time, and I was shocked to see all 150 people (including my husband's 94 year old grandmother!!!) on the dance floor the ENTIRE NIGHT. My guests raved about how fun our wedding was, and Chuck definitely played a huge part in that. I'd recommend him to anybody in the Boston area!

John MacInnis · Married on 10/27/2018

A fantastic team made for a fantastic night!

617 was everything we could have hoped for for our wedding at The Commons 1854 in Topsfield MA. After meeting the team only once we felt like we were old friends. They worked with us to make our day the best it could be, and it definitely was! Our DJ, Dane Leveton made sure that our ceremony went exactly how we wanted, and was fantastic keeping the dance floor going and fun throughout the night. John Loconte and Russell Smithe our photo and video team were amazing as well and made sure to capture all of the fun! Everyone was extremely helpful, friendly and easy to work with!

Jess O · Married on 10/27/2018

Best Day Ever!

I recently got married at the Sheraton Portsmouth Harborside Hotel in Portsmouth, NH. I had such a pleasant experience throughout my whole planning process and I have to give credit where credit is due!

At this venue, I worked with Katryn, who is the Social Catering Sales Manager. She is so wonderful. We felt so comfortable with her, she was straight forward and helped in any way that she could. When we decided to go with this venue we decided we wanted to have our first look, pictures, ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception all done at the venue. For the ceremony, we had the option of getting married inside in a beautiful room or outdoors in their spot they have. We ended up getting married indoors due to the weather and it didn't take away from wanting to get married outdoors in the least. They let my family decorate exactly how I envisioned it! The cocktail hour was held right outside where the reception was so the flow was PERFECT. The ball room where the reception was fit everyone comfortable and had a nice size dance floor!! They also have a bridal suite for you the day and night of your wedding- it's breathtaking. As for food, they have all packages you can choose from- you really can't go wrong. Everyone is still talking about how delicious the food was. We decided to go with a buffet to get the best of everything- it was delightful! Everyone mingled, they could get up whenever they wanted to go get more. It really worked out beautifully. We also got a booklet of vendors from Katryn. Jacques pastries was who we went with for our cake. It was exactly what I wanted!! They were also so fun to work with. I highly recommend them! If you are looking to have donuts, Donut Love is the best donut shop around. The owner's are so sweet- check them out if you are in the area!! Careful, their donuts are so good you'll want to go back often!!

Everyone RAVED about my DJ. Chris Paul from 617 Weddings! Every single person was on the dance floor ALL night. The flow of the night was perfect. He played everything I put in my online account. He was super easy going and made great suggestions without pushing. At one point, I had a slight panic moment for the ceremony music -we wanted to do it ourselves and I'm not sure what was going on but it wasn't being played while guests were waiting and I wanted it to be. Chris was there early to set up (we had him for the cocktail hour and reception) and he saw what was going on and he just took over. He totally handled it and it was perfect. If you are looking for a DJ- definitely reach out to him!!!

My Photographer was Trina Dinnar. I got my pictures back in 12 DAYS!!! THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. I highly recommend having her for your wedding. She was so sweet and truly went above and beyond to capture our day. All of our pictures were done inside because of the weather and she found us the cutest most cozy spots and was open to working with what she had indoors. My family loved her because she was so sweet and accommodating. She was professional and just really got everything I wanted. I went back and forth about doing a first look and I talked with her and she went through what the day would be like and gave me her personal opinion (after I asked) and she was so right. I had the upmost faith and trust in her. She totally delivered! I would reach out to her again in a year to go do an anniversary photo shoot!

Those were the only vendors I used and I can't say enough how great they were throughout the whole process!! Best day of my life!!! Definitely check them out!!

• Emily

Emily · Married on 10/26/2018

Best Decision!!

Jimmy and 617 Weddings did an amazing job at our wedding at Tupper Manor! They have a great process leading up to the wedding where we can organize all of our details and requests so the night of went super smoothly. Jimmy took charge and made sure we knew what we were supposed to be doing and made sure our guests knew what they were supposed to be doing. Everyone was out on the dance floor, having a great time and stayed all night! We are so grateful for his professionalism, organization, energy and great taste in music! He really allowed us to sit back, relax and enjoy our wedding. Thank you Jimmy and 617 Weddings!!!

Megan M. · Married on 10/20/2018

Excellent DJ service

We hired DJ Julio Sanabia for our wedding and our experience with him and 617 was fantastic. Julio was very responsive and super fun to work with during the planning process, and he was an absolute blast at our wedding. He read the room really well and kept the dance floor packed for 5 straight hours! Would definitely recommend.

Allie · Married on 10/13/2018

The best night ever!

Chris Profenna was our DJ for our wedding and AMAZING is all I can.
    He made our day so special and fun. He played everything we requested. Chris made sure we were able to eat, and enjoy ourselves while entertaining our guests. Everyone has been telling my husband and I how awesome Chris was and the how music was great. Chris was so interactive, and playing exactly what the guests and ourselves wanted to hear. I personally think the DJ is the most important vendor, they are what makes the party fun! Thank you again, Chris and 617 weddings for providing us and our guests with such an amazing experience! I have also spoken with other DJs and had the pleasure of meeting the Owner Jimmie Espo. Every member of this company is so kind and is willing to make your day perfect! You will not be disappointed!

• Amanda

Amanda · Married on 10/13/2018

DJ Made our Wedding Night!

HIGHLY recommend hiring Dimitri Soteropoulos as your wedding/any event DJ!

Dimitri met with us early in the planning phase to understand our music choice, vibe for the night, timeline and day of set up. He went beyond any expectations of a DJ. He helped us with the flow of the night, knew how to get the crowd going, got the mood perfect. Guests were itching to dance during dinner and once they were up they did NOT sit down. It was an amazing party and the one thing we continued hearing from our guests was how good the DJ was! They are still asking us for his playlist. (Which btw, Dimitri played as he went based off the guest’s reactions which really kept it personalized through the end).

Two weeks before the wedding, we messaged Dimitri and asked him to send us a trimmed down version of our first dance song so we can practice. He got us a sample within a day. During the wedding we messed up and ended our dance earlier than we planned, but Dimitri caught it and transitioned so smoothly that the guests (and even I) didnt notice (my fiance told me after). He's just that good!

Out of all the things to worry about with wedding planning, the DJ wasn’t one of them. Dimitri made us feel comfortable, at ease and confident. He truly set the vibe and made our wedding night perfect. Additional bonus, Dimitri has an AMAZING personality, definitely someone you'd want to hang out & got along with all our vendors and guests.

I could not have pictured our wedding without Dimitri there to KILL it! Stop looking for your DJ now, and request Dimitri! Definitely one of the best decisions we made.

617 WEDDINGS 14
    617 WEDDINGS 15
    617 WEDDINGS 16

Nicole Modugno · Married on 10/13/2018

AMAZING wedding day, thanks to 617 and Chuck

Chuck Uglietta was our DJ with uplighting and he was the most amazing DJ! From our first meeting to the end of the our wedding, he was consitently making sure my now husband and I had the wedding we dreamed of. Very professional, caring and made sure everyone had a good time. I felt that he put so much care and work into our day. Any questions or confusion, he made it happen and made sure it worked out (and quickly) !He will do anything for his brides and I know I wouldn’t have an amazing wedding day without Chuck Uglietta! #djandsecurity ! Thank you so much for making mine and Joes wedding day the best!

Jessica · Married on 10/13/2018

Fun fun fun!

DJ Chris Paul and 617 Weddings was one of the best choices we made for our wedding! Chris was such a pleasure to work with and was so helpful with all of his years of experience. We still have so many guests telling us how much fun they had and how the music was absolutely perfect! Without Chris our wedding would have not been as much fun as it was! I have worked with many other DJ companies in the past for my job and there is none like 617 Weddings. They do it all!! I would HIGHLY recommend 617 Weddings and especially Chris Paul for anyone who is looking for a fun time at their wedding! :) Thank you for everything! xo

Scott Ruotolo · Married on 10/13/2018

The best! Hands down.

Dane is the man! Very attentive, professional and kept the party going all night.

Amanda · Married on 10/13/2018

Julio is the best!!

DJ Julio from 617 weddings is the best! Not only is Julio professional and personable, but he is the absolute best emcee and DJ! He made our wedding at Groveland Fairways on 10/13/18 so much fun and exactly how we dreamed it would be! Not only was he an awesome emcee for the night with a great voice, but he is an amazing DJ who kept our guests (and us!) dancing and having a blast all night long. Julio got to know us and the kind of music we like and don’t like and played accordingly. He made sure our entire night flowed smoothly and he made our wedding the amazing party it was for sure! Julio arrived early to set up and was organIzed and the utmost professional. He puts his heart and soul into his work and making sure the bride and groom (and their guests) have the best night of their lives and it completely shows! He made a point to talk with us multiple times in the night to make sure we were having a great time and if we needed or wanted anything. He was also very personable to our guests and knew how to get everyone on the dance floor smiling and having fun. He made us so comfortable that we felt like he was an old friend that we’ve known for years. We loved his upbeat energy and positivity! Our guests are still talking about how great our DJ was and we will forever remember how amazing he was too!
    Julio also did our uplighting which looked phenomenal and our ceremony and cocktail hour music which went perfectly! We couldn’t be any happier with our decision to have Julio DJ at our wedding. We truly can’t say enough good things. We highly recommend him to all! Go book him as your wedding DJ now, you will be so happy you did! Thank you Julio for working so hard to make sure our wedding was the best night of our lives - it was!!

617 WEDDINGS 17

Danielle Norris · Married on 10/13/2018

Amazing experience

I had the pleasure of meeting DJ Christian B. and some of the other 617 staff at a bridal expo. Right away I knew 617 would be the fit for me and my wedding at the Nahant Country Club Estate. Christian was friendly, professional, and made the planning process really simple. He kept everyone on the dance floor all night with all the best music. I would highly recommend Christian and the 617 team!!

617 WEDDINGS 18