5iveStar Media Productions Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Shane Y. Married on 09/04/2021

The Great Steve Young

No, no. I know what you’re thinking. Not that Steve Young. The legendary QB of the 49ers. This Steve Young is better. From the very start, he was such a professional and just has such a great attitude about life. He really made us feel like we were special on our special day and covered all the bases. He even called multiple times leading up to the wedding so he knew EXACTLY what we wanted. The day of, him and his colleague showed up well before the actual wedding to learn the layout of the venue and meet the party. I have zero complaints about Steve and you won’t either if you book him. #foreveryoung. Steve is the man!
    Tenae Married on 07/31/2021

Amazing Company

This crew was beyond amazing . From day one Steve was incredible very professional and explained too me what my day was going consist of . His team made sure they had my highlights for the day so nothing would go wrong . On the morning off they filmed and we didn’t even notice them that’s how good they was . All of my guests kept asking me who was they because they did such an awesome job . They made too sure too capture every moment . Thanks too them my day was perfect and my video of my whole day was amazing . I can’t thank Steve and Kevin for filming and Ed for the editing . You guys are amazing . Please Book them you won’t be Disappointed.
  • Shanique
    Shanique R. Married on 07/10/2021

Wonderful Experience

We were so pleased to have 5iveStar do the videography for our wedding day. The staff was completely professional and captured every single moment. We absolutely loved the video! I would highly recommend this company!
    Ebelia H. Married on 04/17/2021

Amazing people to work with!

You will not be disappointed with them! Steve was so professional and down to earth. His responsiveness to emails/texts were great, he was great at staying on schedule, and keeping my nerves down😅. His colleagues were also very professional and friendly. My special day was beautifully captured. I’m definitely glad we chose them for our wedding day.
    Emmabebee Married on 09/26/2020

5 Stars for 5tar!

Steve Young is your guy. He is so on top of everything! He called multiple times leading up to the event to ensure all the details were worked out and nothing would be missed the day of. My husband and I are shy on camera and he and his team did a great job making us feel natural. He went above and beyond to ensure he captured all the special moments, and made an effort to get to know my husband and I before the wedding to ensure he’d capture US, in our style. We couldn’t recommend Steve enough!
  • Aileen
    Aileen D. Married on 09/04/2020

Captured our day perfectly!!!

We were so happy we chose 5ive Star to film our special day! Steve our videographer the day of, did such a wonderful job capturing every moment and detail. Once our video went to editing, we worked with Ed to select all the fun music we wanted to go along with our video. Working with both of them was so easy and the final product was better than we could have ever imagined. Their professionalism, timely communication, and finished work truly made it such a wonderful experience and I fully recommend them to other couples looking to relive their special day through the video!
  • Jessica
    Jessica K. Married on 05/17/2020

Best Wedding Videographer!

My videographer was extremely professional and personable. He was quick to respond to any questions. He went above and beyond for my Husband and I. It felt like he was part of the family. I am also grateful for his supporting crew. Everyone was so supportive and worked diligently to capture every moment!!
  • Jessica J.
    Jessica J. Married on 03/15/2020

5 Stars Indeed!

Jim, the owner, was very friendly and accommodating during the planning process and was generous in explaining different video options and what to expect on wedding day. Steve, the videographer, was also great to work with. He called prior to wedding day to run through the timeline and shotlist, and to make sure that he was on the same page and understood the bride and groom’s expectations. On wedding day, Steve arrived early to set up his equipment and got along well with everyone in the wedding party. He also worked well with the photographer (from a different company) and suggested some great shot ideas. We can’t wait to see and share the finished product!
  • Pattie
    Pattie P. Married on 10/26/2019

A keepsake that’s worth the investment!

My daughter wasn’t sure that we needed videography in addition to photography but, wow, are we glad she decided that we did!
    We had the pleasure of working with Jim Ratliff and Steve Young who worked tirelessly to capture every moment and angle! Jim and Steve immediately clicked with everyone as they moved about to capture special moments beginning with all the preparation in the morning and continuing throughout the day right up to the end of the reception.
    The day was full, with many things happening separately. It went by so quickly that, without a video, we would have missed so much. We are so glad that we decided to select a videographer, and especially that we selected 5iveStar Media Productions. This video keepsake is definitely worth the investment!
  • F
    Fran O. Married on 09/21/2019

Awesomest video team in the world!!

5ive Star Media has the best employees ever! Jim, the owner, took my calls any time (even during sporting events!) and responded to my emails quickly and in detail. Steve the camera man was top of the line! He caught EVERYTHING, both the personal events AND all the still shots that showed how we put a lot of time into planning the day... he caught it all! I especially loved how he got perfect angles during the ceremony, plus he stayed til the end... a great guy! I am so, so happy that we found Jim's friendly and professional team, and I will absolutely be calling them again for our next family wedding!!
  • Sabera
    Sabera Married on 08/02/2019

Excellent!!

The whole process was very easy and they provide way more than what they list!!! I was impressed with the overall dedication!! They are also willing to work with you and do not get frustrated at all when you ask to change things!! I would definitely use again 😀😀
    Lorri Married on 07/20/2019

Best Videographer Ever, Simply Amazing!

We cannot say enough positive things about Jim and Barb of 5iveStar Media Productions. We were blown away by their exceptional level of professionalism, care and detail in capturing our special day. From our initial meeting to the wedding day, they listened to us and made us feel special. They were so organized but beyond that they were deeply invested in my our story. Jim and Barb truly cared and it really showed the day of the wedding, they went above and beyond to get the perfect shots and helped us to capture the best moment. The final video was very professionally done, no complaint and very high quality and shot in 4K High Definition. We were truly overwhelmed with our experience and blessed to have Jim and Barb as our videographers. Simply Amazing. We HIGHLY recommend!!!
    Kim B. Married on 06/22/2019

Beyond our expectations!

5ive Star is absolutely amazing. Jim is very professional, compassionate, personable, generous, and really runs this business the way every business should be run. They answer the phone and emails very quickly and effectively. They make me feel like I'm the only one they are tending to, which I know is not the case. Their communication, answers, solutions and ultimately the final product are very individualized and personal, I'm not just another account number. Steve was our videographer and he was very professional, thorough and took amazing footage. He had done many shoots at our venue, Foxchase Manor in Manassas, so he was even more efficient, effective and stealth than we expected. Ed was amazing at editing, even incorporated personalized music we provided and completed the final product way ahead of schedule. We had a relatively typical south-asian wedding and were concerned if any video company would be able to adjust to the different elements at our event, however 5ive Star was incredible....you would think they were partially south-asian too!! All the elements of the video were beyond our expectations, really a treasure for a lifetime. Thank you 5ive Star!!
  • Natalie
    Natalie Married on 06/15/2019

5iveStar captured all of the best moments of our day!

5iveStar was absolutely wonderful to work with. They were reasonably priced, and very easy to communicate with in the months leading up to our big day. Our 5iveStar videographers were Ed and Jean, and they captured all of the best moments of our day. Our wedding day flew by, and we are so happy to have our wedding film by 5iveStar to look back on for the rest of our lives! Thanks for capturing our day so beautifully - we are so grateful!
    Hannah Married on 11/18/2018

Amazing work and video quality

Wedding planning is no easy task. It can sometimes feel like vendors just see you as dollar signs rather than a couple preparing for the most important day of their lives. It never felt that way with 5ive star media productions. The videographer was probably the only stress-free vendor experience I had. It was such an easy choice. From the beginning, Jim responded by phone and email very quickly and was very honest about pricing and willing to work with my budget. Steve Young was my videographer. He called me a few weeks before the wedding to discuss the timeline and other important details. He gave me his cell number and told me I could reach out any time I wanted. We called a few days before (more for reassurance than for anything else; stress is magnified days before the wedding) and talked a bit more about additional details. Steve arrived at my ceremony before I even did and everything was already set up. He was extremely professional and very friendly all throughout the night and captured all the important moments with the lead camera (actually, he captured every single moment since two of the cameras were on tripods, there was not a missed moment!). I even have videos of my husband and I mingling during dinner. With the two videos, I have my maid of honor's speech AND my reaction to it. I could not have asked for more, everything was perfect. Steve was everywhere but it never felt like he was in the way.
    I received my raw footage and highlights a few days after my wedding. The quality of the videos is amazing. I cannot express how much I recommend this company. Amazing quality without the price tag!
    Ashley Married on 09/08/2018

Fantastic Experience

Initially my fiance and I weren't planning to have a videographer for our wedding. It wasn't on our list of priorities and we thought it would be too expensive. But after talking to a few friends, we decided to at least look into it and that if we could find the right package for the right price, we'd do it. And lo and behold, Jim and his team were those folks! We had such a great experience working with them! They were incredibly responsive, very professional day-of, and are just all-around lovely people. We can't recommend them enough!
    Diane Married on 09/02/2018

5ive Star Media is the best! Highly recommend!

From the first conversation with Jim, I felt confident that 5ive Star was the best videographer for my daughter's wedding. They more than delivered a quality video. We are so happy with the result, and my daughter keeps saying how happy she is to have it. We got to see moments that would have been missed. With 2 videographers they were able to capture some treasured moments. Delivery time was faster than expected! Communication excellent! If you have songs ideas ahaed of time, that will speed turnaround as they will use your song slections in the video. Choose 5ive Star and you will be super happy!
    Donna R. Married on 08/18/2018

Outstanding in every way!

Jim and his 5iveStar Media Productions team are absolutely fantastic! We decided shortly before our wedding to hire a videographer to capture our special day. We are overwhelmingly thankful that we selected 5iveStar. Jim was so easy to work with throughout the entire process. He met with us before the wedding and went over all the details of what he does. He then asked for our needs and wants for our wedding and reception. Jim and his wife Barbara were our videographers and we could not be any happier with their professionalism, attention to detail, friendliness, and all that they were able to capture on our special day! They also worked very well with our photographer throughout the day. Our outdoor wedding by the water, butterfly release, bubbles, live band, dancing, toasts, and cherished family and friends were all beautifully presented in their finished product! We received our DVDs much sooner than expected and their cost is very reasonably priced. We truly feel like we have made lifelong friends with Jim and Barbara and are forever appreciative of their work! We highly recommend 5iveStar Media Productions!
    Brandi Married on 06/10/2018
    I cannot find the words to express how pleased I am with 5ive Star Media Productions. From the moment my husband and I first met with Jim, we knew he was the best man for the job. Jim and his crew were punctual, courteous, knowledgeable, and professional. Plus, they were so much fun to work with.
    Our video is beyond beautiful and I cannot be more thrilled with our overall experience.
    Thanks 5ive Star Media Productions!
    Carrie Married on 06/09/2018
    Jim and Alex were amazing to work with! Alex filmed the entire event and got a lot of special moments (pictures and video). They were super speedy in the turnaround for the highlights video and DVDs! Even when I asked Jim and Alex to change the song for our highlight video and finished DVD, they were able to change it and go above and beyond to make us happy! I would highly recommend 5iveStar Media Productions for your big day!
    Cassie Married on 06/09/2018
    Absolutely LOVED having them shoot our wedding! Everything turned out perfect & the DVD had so many captured moments I am so happy to have forever! Their work is above & beyond! The turnaround on complete DVDs & highlight video was amazing! Highly recommend!!! :)
    Michael Married on 06/09/2018
    By far the best vidoeographer on this planet!! Jim and Barbara were top notch and captured every moment that we can now charish forever. I would highly reccomend 5ive Star media to anyone.
  • Samantha
    Samantha Married on 06/02/2018

Great People to Work With!

This company was amazing and we couldn't have asked for a better experience! They were always helpful and flexible when it came to planning when and how our wedding would be filmed and they gave us a video that we will be anxious to pull out and watch again and again over the years. They truly captured all of the joy and love of our special day and I will be recommending them to all of my friends!
    Becky Married on 06/02/2018
    We are so happy that we selected 5ive Star Media Productions to film our Wedding. They just sent us a link to the Highlights and we were so impressed. We can’t wait to see the full video.
    Janise Married on 05/19/2018
    LOVE these people! They were lightening quick with their response, courteous, and one of the most reasonably priced videographers out there. Alex was wonderful all day. Our wedding was perfect. They got us the DVD weeks before we were expecting it and we can’t wait. Highly recommend.