45 Riots Reviews

45 Riots 6
45 Riots 7

Jenna Rae Bohacik · Married on 09/03/2019

Amazing band!

I always knew I wanted a band for my wedding. When I came across 45 Riots website, I couldn't wait to reach out to them. We went to go see them perform at The Bitter End and decided that night we needed to book them for our wedding. The whole team was great working with throughout the process. The day of our wedding my husband and I were both pulled aside multiple times throughout the evening by guests raving how great the band was. They wanted to know where we found such an amazing band and to tell us they have never heard such great vocals and instrumentals before. Everyone was blown away, as were we. We could not recommend them more!

Sent on 04/17/2019

Kelly Henderson · Married on 08/03/2019

45 Riots brought the energy and good vibes to our wedding!

We booked 45 Riots over a year before our wedding date because we knew how talented and entertaining they would be! (They played at a couple of our friends' weddings, and we even went to watch them play at The Bitter End in the West Village cause we love them that much!) Throughout our wedding night, countless guests approached us to share how much they loved the music. 45 Riots is versatile, and they’re able to play such a wide variety of songs. Perhaps most importantly, they’re just a lot of fun and they have incredibly contagious energy! 45 Riots definitely made our wedding day that much more memorable.

Sent on 08/19/2019

Ashley Gehrig · Married on 07/26/2019

Magical and Captivating Performance

We could not imagine our wedding without 45 Riots. Their performance was so much more than music, the band created an undeniable force with so many magical moments throughout the night. The energy of the room was felt by every single guest. From the first chord played to the last they captivated our hearts. Their rendition of “Killing me softly” had so much soul and emotion. We definitely felt overwhelmed and inspired by their experience. We could not believe how our family and friends were transformed on the dance floor by the music.

We will absolutely come to another 45 Riots performance next time we are in nyc!

Thank you for making our wedding a night we will never forget!

Sent on 07/26/2019
  • Jamie

Jamie Morisco · Married on 07/19/2019

Fantastic from beginning to end.

Everything about working with the 45 Riots was great. They’re responsive, professional, and take their job seriously. It shows in the output. Everyone at our wedding said that the band was incredible. They were the highlight of the reception. I highly recommend anyone hire them, you will not be disappointed.

Sent on 09/10/2019
  • Stephen

Stephen · Married on 06/21/2019

Amazing band. 45 Riots will make you want to celebrate your heart out.

45 Riots are awesome! The music for your wedding is a big and difficult decision but you will not regret it if you pick these guys. They are super talented, professional, and amazing artists. As most reviews here suggest, everyone loves this band, and we received multiple remarks at/after our wedding saying they were the best band they’ve experienced at a wedding. They play everything well from the classics to pop but always bringing their own style- they’re clearly also their own individual musicians that come together to put on events with a lot of fun energy. Everything about our event (June 21, 2019 at The Foundry) was seamless. We had Day, Bobbi, and Freedom as our vocalists as part of an 8-piece band and had Travis (trumpet) and keys for the ceremony. We were especially impressed by the ceremony and dinner reception music as we were not totally sure what to expect.

Robin and Federica were also on top of all the logistics and communications leading up to the event and overall 45 Riots were our easiest vendor to work with largely because of them- they responded super quickly to any email inquiry; they left you with total confidence everything about the big day would be smooth no matter what curve balls could arise. The musicians and sound crew were also able to easily adapt if last minute changes came up in the flow of the event. I could go on but I’m not sure there’s much more you really need to know other than you must trust me when I say you must get these guys. I’ll say that I was personally a bit nervous given the price going in to things (most of the other bands [and djs] we looked at were less expensive but they also clearly didn’t have the sound and character we were looking for). Check them out a couple times I’d say at the Bitter End if you’re not sold immediately and maybe talk to Day or one of the other band members if you can; each vocalist they have brings their own energy and skill set. Their repertoire and sound was unparalleled compared to other bands we considered and was even better on our actual event. When we think back to our wedding we think about how we could get these guys back for another show. Maybe an anniversary party??

Sent on 09/01/2019
    45 Riots 8
    45 Riots 9
    45 Riots 10

Ben Wolfert · Married on 03/16/2019

Book. This. Band.

Stop thinking about it, look no further, and book 45 Riots to play your wedding. Seriously, just do it. This band is incredible. To say they are the best "wedding band" -- while absolutely true -- is somewhat unfair because it limits the pool of comparison to only a subset of live bands out there. In reality, they are as good as any live band I have seen, period. The musicians that make up 45 Riots are mind-blowingly talented. They nail every song in their infinite and diverse repertoire, and somehow manage to play technically perfect covers that both honor the original and add a unique 45 Riots flair. Classic tunes feel modern, and modern tunes feel timeless. And every song they play feels hip. But what truly separated 45 Riots from the pack, in my opinion, was the consummate professionalism of both the band and staff throughout the entire process. The booking, intake and planning processes were seamless. And at the wedding, the band followed through perfectly on everything that was discussed with as much grace as talent. Now, seriously, stop reading these reviews and just book them already.Read Less

Sent on 04/04/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 02/16/2019

Would get married again JUST to have them play at my next wedding!

In 2015, my husband and I went to a wedding where we knew no one and we were kind of dreading the awkward small talk we'd be forced to make, and we wondered how we'd spend our evening, and also how early we could leave without being rude. Then 45 Riots began playing the reception and we had the TIME OF OUR LIVES. It was truly the best wedding ever, and when we got engaged in 2017, I knew I had to hire them for our big day. 45 Riots are amazing. They know their stuff, and are extremely receptive to song requests from the couple. They had the entire room on their feet THE WHOLE NIGHT and all of our guests -- from our 60-something-year-old parents to our 30-something-year-old friends to our teenage cousins -- could not stop complimenting how great the band was and how much fun they had. My friends, who just had a baby 6 months ago, keep texting me about how they want to hire 45 Riots for the baby's bar mitzvah in 13 years! I can only hope they do -- we'll know we'll have a blast!!!

Sent on 02/27/2019

Jacob · Married on 01/20/2019

The Perfect Band

It's no exaggeration to say that 45 Riots made our wedding. We went to one of their shows at the Bitter End, and booked them on the spot. Their combination of talent, energy and personality was incredible. And then at our wedding, somehow they managed to outdo themselves. They got everyone dancing (even our most uptight relatives), read the room and picked the perfect songs, and made us feel like part of their family. Their business team was also amazing to work with, by far our most responsive and organized vendor. We plan to keep going to their shows to relive our wedding night and support the band, and can't recommend them any more highly.

Sent on 02/07/2019

Michael · Married on 12/07/2018

December 2018 Wedding-NJ

We used 45 Riots after we did lots of research and let me tell you from start to finish, the process was extremely organized, the staff were patient, and the end product was world class. 45 Riots is a world class band that travels internationally and delivers an unforgettable experience for you and your guests. Check them out in the city or visit their band page for upcoming events but I promise you will not be disappointed. 45 Riots was the best wedding band and surpassed our expectations. They made the wedding an unforgettable experience for us and our guests and we are extremely grateful! The band is extremely talented, must hire!!!

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 11/16/2018

Best Band I've Seen at a Wedding (Said Multiple Guests at Ours!)

We were referred to 45 Riots through our photographer, Ein Photo. We went to their website and were blown away by their music video cover of the Weeknd’s In the Night – this was NOT your average wedding band! We went to see them perform at the Bitter End, where they play regularly, and knew immediately they were the one. Their vocalists were incredible, we loved their energy and song choices, and they just have such a cool vibe. Their staff was amazing to work with – responsive, professional and flexible. We flushed out all the details over a few phone calls, no in person meetings necessary, and got the wedding band of our dreams! We hired their 10 pc band for the reception, which included 2 pcs for ceremony and 3 pcs for the cocktail hour. And they CRUSHED our wedding! Our guests were raving, everyone was tearing up the dance floor (which is exactly what we wanted) and they performed our must-have songs, along with an awesome playlist of their own based on our genres of choice. We didn’t want it to end!!! Could not recommend 45 Riots enough and we will definitely be going back to the Bitter End to see them again.

Sent on 12/28/2018
  • lauren

lauren · Married on 09/22/2018

Blown Away by the Talent

45 Riots talent and professionalism were impecable. We had a number of wedding guests who subsequently asked for contact information for the band as they were "the best wedding band I have ever seen and I have been to over 100 weddings!".

We were blown away by the dedication to detail, the natural flow, and the wonderful MC work. They truly set an amazing acoustical background to our perfect day. We cannot thank you enough!

Sent on 10/15/2018

Sam · Married on 05/26/2018

45 Riots was incredible at our wedding. From start to finish they gave a performance we won't forget. Our guests never left the dance floor, dancing through a variety of genres and decades from hip-hop to rock to R&B from the 70s all the way to today. So many of our guests raved about 45 Riots the whole night. 45 Riots is not a "wedding band," they are a real band and that's what makes them so good. They have a wide range of musicians and know how to read the crowd to keep everyone dancing. It was a pleasure working with them and having them get to know our tastes. Book them now!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Suzanne · Married on 05/12/2018

We really have no words to express our gratitude for the fantastic job 45 Riots did at our wedding on 5/12/18. We knew we didn't have much to worry about when we saw how you get people up on a Wednesday night at The Bitter End, but we still never could have imagined the way people would be dancing happily and crazily through 1:30 AM. Music is such an important part of our relationship and how we fell in love, so having this reflected at our wedding was probably the most important thing to us, and we feel that nobody could have done it better. Young and "older" people alike commented on how fantastic you were. We really wished it could go on forever. Every song was perfect, We can't stop talking about it and going through every single song you played. We were obsessed with the mash-ups. Our first dance song, which was a bit obscure, was done perfectly. Additionally, you were great to plan with- so accessible and we were so thrilled to be able to experience your shows firsthand at the Bitter End and Red Lion- rare with wedding bands these days. We feel like the luckiest bride and groom to have had 45 Riots make our party!!!!

Sent on 05/16/2018

Christina · Married on 04/14/2018

You MUST have 45 Riots at your wedding! I am very particular when it comes to music - I considered having a DJ for fear of a band not doing justice to some of our favorite songs - but then I found 45 Riots. They are ridiculously talented - whether at weddings or at their gigs in the city. Working with Robin was great and planning (even though I was down in Atlanta) went seamlessly. We added 2 horns (trumpet and sax) to the band and it was incredible. EVERYONE (even the stiffest of wedding guests) was dancing the entire time, and I lost count of how many people asked me where I found such an amazing band. I can go on-and-on about how amazing they are, but all you'll have to do is go see them perform in the city so you'll know for yourself! I cannot recommend them more!

Sent on 05/06/2018

Jamie · Married on 02/03/2018

I can't tell you how many people came up to us and asked, "Where did you find that band??" Beyond how much fun everyone had, I greatly appreciate their willingness to work with us on some guest performances and dialing in the timeline to make sure it would work for everyone. These guys deserve all the great reviews they have already received!!

Sent on 02/08/2018

Brian · Married on 12/31/2017

45 riots was incredible to work with and were even better than advertised. They met with us to make sure every detail was correct, learned new pieces for us, and had the whole crowd dancing all night. Can't recommend them highly enough!

Sent on 01/07/2018

ANN · Married on 12/09/2017

amazing - so much fun! everything they played was perfect - music at dinner so nice and you could still talk and afterwards DANCE DANCE DANCE! Highly recommend!

Sent on 12/13/2017

samantha · Married on 11/04/2017

45 Riots is amazing! They will 100% make your entire wedding. There was not a guest that didn't mention to us how phenomenal the band was, and we hope we have another reason to see them again soon! They are all so talented, and easy to work with, and they can play anything from Drake to Led Zeppelin. Your dance floor will be crowded and your party will be filled with insane energy. Do yourself a favor, and hire them IMMEDIATELY.

Sent on 11/08/2017

Amber · Married on 10/27/2017

45 Riots is the champagne of bands. Hire them and sleep easy knowing that you and your guests are in for an unforgettable party! We could’ve gotten married at the dump and no one would’ve noticed, they were so busy dancing. Even the curmudgeonliest of our relatives still talk about how incredible they were throughout the entire night, from the pre-processional to the last song. Onstage, across genres and decades, they’re energetic, enormously talented, and, quite frankly, foxy as hell. Offstage and behind the scenes, Adam and his team are thoughtful, creative professionals who answer email in a timely fashion and work together to personalize the event. They’re so extraordinary, we’re planning to go see them again at Red Lion in the West Village, just for fun.

Sent on 01/27/2018

Allison · Married on 10/14/2017

Hire them! We hired 45 Riots for our wedding on October 14th, and couldn't have been more thrilled. David (band director) was extremely easy to work with throughout the process and very accommodating to everything we requested, while still providing his expertise and advice. On the day of, the band was truly amazing, playing several amazing sets perfectly, getting the crowd excited, and overall making the party fantastic. I got so many texts the next day asking about the band. I've already recommended them to several friends for the future, and would do so again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 10/31/2017

Courtney · Married on 10/06/2017

45 riots played at my wedding just a couple of weeks ago and they were absolutely incredible ..all of my guests my other vendors and even my wedding venue could not stop raving about them. I don't know what other band could have even come close to them and I HIGHLEY reccomend them. One of my guests even said they felt like they were listening to earth wind and fire..that's just how good they are!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Stephanie · Married on 08/26/2017

OH MY GOD!!!! One word..INSANE.

45 Riots is the best ever!!!!!!! Everyone is still raving about how incredible they are. Not to mention they engaged the entire crowd..all night long and helped bring our idea of an "elegant dance party" to life.

Adam and his team are amazing. Book them now, and if they aren't available for your date I suggest changing it.

Sent on 09/27/2017
    45 Riots 11

Marnie · Married on 07/08/2017

The band was the hardest choice for me, and I am beyond happy that we chose 45 Riots!!! They were amazing!!! I worked with David and team, they were so responsive and accommodating! All the guests were raving that night and the next day how amazing they were! They made our day so special and we cannot praise them enough! If you are looking for a band that keeps everyone dancing all night, you need to pick them!!

Sent on 07/10/2017

Lizzie · Married on 07/08/2017

45 Riots was absolutely incredible and I could not imagine our wedding being the same without them. The band was the second thing we booked, after our venue, knowing how essential a good band is for a fun wedding. We were so happy we picked them because we did not stop dancing the entire night, and neither did our guests. They had to encourage people to sit down and eat because even during their "dinner music," our guests wouldn't stop dancing to their music. In every conversation we've had since our wedding, the first thing our guests mention was how fun and memorable the band was. If you want a wedding where people are dancing all night, you absolutely have to pick 45 Riots. Robin and everyone we worked with throughout our wedding process were unbelievably kind, attentive, responsive, and thoughtful. When we think back at what made our wedding such a perfect night, 45 Riots truly stands out in our memories. I cannot recommend them enough.

Sent on 10/30/2017