31 North Banquets & Catering Reviews

42 | McHenry, IL

42 Reviews for 31 North Banquets & Catering

Pam · Married on 09/16/2017

We had my son's wedding at 31 North. I was beyond pleased. Working with Bernice is like working with a friend. She is warm and inviting and extremely accommodating. She made myself and my daughter in law feel very comfortable and at ease. Everything was thought of and taken care of. The food was mouth watering good. We received so many compliments on the filet. It melted in your mouth and was so tender it could be cut with your fork. I do not have one complaint, everything was perfect!!! Thank you so much Bernice and your staff for providing us with a wonderful memory that will last a lifetime.

Shelly · Married on 03/03/2017

Beautiful, well appointed private Bridal Suite and gorgeous interior and restrooms! Loved the dimmed lighting and colored up-lighting on curtains...really helps set a party atmosphere!

Jacqueline · Married on 08/13/2016

31 North Banquets & Catering
    Our wedding reception and dinner was absolutely perfect. 31 North helped create everything I envisioned my reception to become truly what I dreamed it would be. The dining tables were elegant and were setup perfectly.
    Ashley and Bernice helped us through the planning from beginning to end without missing anything. Even with several changes we made during the planning, they were supportive of our decisions and offered helpful advice. We had catering at venue in Woodstock, and everything went smooth and was timed just right.
    Afterwards, the guests were complimenting the catering for weeks. We received comments about the delicious hors d’oeuvres, and the dinner was fabulous. The staff was recognized as being fantastic, and the Bride and Groom were catered to all night. We were asked many times what Caterer we used, and were happy to say 31 North.
    You will be completely satisfied if you chose them for your wedding caterer or Venue.
    Mr. & Mrs Jacqueline and Michael Silva

The staff here is amazing! The food is also amazing!

Jim · Married on 05/14/2016

I would definitely look into their services. The food is delicious and they set up the venue fabulously for our Wedding Reception with 150 people. The value provided and flexibility and professionalism were excellent !!

we love this place so much! they have worked so well with us and we have nothing bad to say about it at all!

Lisa · Married on 11/08/2014

We had our wedding reception at 31 North. Everyone was impressed by the venue and the service was great. We had approximately 80 guests and it was the perfect size venue.

Edward · Married on 09/06/2014

Well done and professional. The Bartenders were on time well trained and helped make our wedding unforgettable!

They set up the venue with the center pieces we provided and it all looked better then we imagined. They also put up some of there own decorations because we did not have enough for the whole room. The food was also very good and we only received good feedback from our guests.

Kim · Married on 10/04/2013

The entire staff from the wedding planners Kathleen and Brandi, to the wait staff the day of the wedding were amazing. The day of the wedding Kathleen took care of everything and I didn't have to worry. It was an amazing experience, and I wouldn't change anything on my special day!

beth · Married on 09/06/2013

Kathleen and Brandi both helped make my day as special as can be. I didn't have to worry about a thing. Most weddings no one raves about the food. But here we had everyone talking about how amazing the food was. Everyone had a great time. Thank you so much for making my day perfect.

Tina · Married on 08/16/2013

Being a young bride, I was extremely excited for our wedding day to finally arrive. So much so that I would come in almost every week to make sure everything was perfect. The amazing group of people working at 31 North made it an absolute dream for my husband and I, and also our family and friends. The quality of service and the price was absolutely incredible. Also, the food was delicious!!! Kathleen and Brandie helped us out so much and made sure that everything was perfect for our special day. The simple elegance of the hall was breathtaking and it suited our style to a T. I can't even begin to tell everyone how amazing this experience was, and I know the memories will last a lifetime. Thank you so much 31 North Banquet Hall, we will definitely see you all very soon!!!

Sincerely,

Tina and Jacob Lorr
    August 16, 2013 <3

Katie · Married on 07/20/2013

Everyone was very helpful. They were very understandable and helpful with being out of state. I would recommend them.

Kim · Married on 07/13/2013

The wedding reception was wonderful and the staff was amazing! They were great at organizing and coordinating with other vendors as well.

I loved my planner and 31 North. The only thing I would recommend is watching your payments because if you give your final count and it turns out less than your estimated number they will not give you back any money :(

Beckie · Married on 07/05/2013

We had an amazing time and the service, food and atmosphere was amazing. We received a lot of compliments!!!!

Beckie · Married on 07/05/2013

I was thrilled with 31 North! The service, the food and the amazing location. The bridal suite was a personal favorite!! Kathleen was amazing and made the night very easy for us. She was on top of everything. I had comments that this was the first wedding they had attended and were actually full after dinner!!! Highly recommend!

Patti · Married on 06/22/2013

Everything was professionally done. Guest could not stop raving and still are raving about how good the food was. They kept the flow going and delivered everything as promised and then some. The suite for the wedding party to use was wonderful; came in handy with the special needs person we had there.
    We also arrive 30 minutes earlier than planned, no sweat for 31 North. We were welcomed with open arms and whatever we needed was right there.
    Was a totally a great experience for the Bride and Groom and all invited guests. The service was impeccable. Would highly recommend 31 North to anyone looking have have an event that is specificlly catered to your event and no one else's.
    The knowledgable, experienced staff insured that the itinary flowed smoothly throughout the event. What a shame it went by way too fast. It was just a great experience!

Stephanie · Married on 06/15/2013

I had my wedding reception at 31 North Banquet and Conference Center just over a month ago. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. From the very first moment that we stepped into the hall, I knew that I wanted to have my reception there. It was beautiful and immaculate. The service is astounding and we were offered help and guaidance all along the way as we planned our special day. And many things were taken care of for us. It was wonderful to be able to enjoy all the fun parts of wedding planning (tasting the food and different cake flavors, picking colored sashes, ect) and having all the more difficult tedious details taken care of for us. I didn't need to worry about set up or take down, I didn't need to concern myself with worrying about if the caters would show or if they would have enough food. 31 North took care of it all for me. It was a wonderful experience. So good I almost want to get married again!

Carla · Married on 11/24/2012

Best day of my life, and 31 North helped so much. I wouldn't have changed a thing!

Katie · Married on 10/05/2012

My groom and I used 31 North for our wedding reception (dinner and dancing). We had 180-some-odd guests, which was a feat I did not think possible because weddings in general are so expensive. BUT because 31 North was very accommodating we were able to have our dream wedding after all. :)
    The wedding planners at 31 North helped me create a package of food, alcohol and decorations that gave me a great party while also minding my budget. This allowed my groom and I to invite all of the family and friends we wanted to share in our special day!

Jessica · Married on 09/29/2012

Ed, Bernice, and Brittany were wonderful in helping us plan our wedding. There was not a single detail that was not overlooked. The food was wonderful, and everything was cooked perfectly. The room was arranged perfectly even though I did not give much direction of what I wanted! The whole event ran smoothly. When our priest forgot our unity candles during the ceremony, they incorporated them right after we cut our cake! No one could tell. Ed and Brittany were very accommodating, they refilled drinks for the guests, provided boxes for guests who wanted to take stuff home, and made sure everything was perfect!! Not one single guest had a complaint, and everyone said that this was the best wedding reception they have ever been to!!

Jennifer · Married on 09/08/2012

From the moment I walked in to 31 North I knew there was something special about it. It has a modern, chic style that is just lovely. The best part about the actual building.....there is only one room for one wedding at a time! Talk about personalized service! Who wouldn't want to have their wedding somewhere where the focus was only on your wedding and not 6-10 others as well? You're only a bride once, why not be treated that way! Bernice, the owner, was nothing but sweet and helpful throughout the whole process. She was there willing to help with anything I needed, from photographers & flowers to helping with seating and what would work best. Brittany, the coordinator assigned to my wedding was also there for anything I needed. It was like having 2 wedding planners. I never expected to get that at a reception hall. The venue has the main room for the guests with the bar being built in a way that the bartender and guests can actually hear each other over the music! There is a separate room you can have set up as you choose, for tables for children if they get tired, for guests who don't like music to go and talk, or as we used it for a photographer to set up his backdrop for guest photos (you could even put a photobooth in there!). The food was AMAZING! I knew this from our tasting but it was reinforced after the wedding. We have only been married 3 weeks today, but I can't tell you how many people commented on how wonderful the food was. (And my husband and I both have some people who are quite picky in that area, us being included!) I would highly recommend 31 North for your wedding or any other event for that matter. If you are looking for a typical, get as much money as we can in one night and unpersonalized venue then go elsewhere. However, if you want a wedding day that feels like your special day and only your special day, with all focus on your wedding and guests then make sure you go to 31 North! You won't be disappointed!!

Tina · Married on 09/02/2012

I was very impressed with 31 North. They were eagar to help me plan my wedding and met my every needs. The day of the wedding the place was beautiful. We had an indoor wedding at 31 North which turned out perfect and the reception was beautiful. Everything turned out perfect for the day of my wedding.