221 Creations Reviews

17 Reviews for 221 Creations

1 User photo

Carolyn · Married on 12/28/2018

EXCELLENT Experience and Elegent Work

I recently had the pleasure to work with Mary Kay Vincenti through 221 Creations, and I could not be happier with the EXCELLENT services I was provided! I went to Mary Kay for all of my wedding day stationary needs- invites, RSVPs, breakfast invites, placecards, table numbers, favor signs and ceremony programs. Mary Kay created a design that was incorporated through all stationary components needed. She truly created a beautiful and elegant invitation, which set the tone for our wedding from the moment our guests opened our invite. Mary Kay was very communicative and open throughout the entire design process. I would recommend Mary Kay and 221 Creations to anyone and everyone! Thank you so much Mary Kay and 221 Creations!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Kristin Kubelsky · Married on 10/12/2018

Highly Recommended!

We used 221 Creations for our invitations, table numbers, and placecards. They all turned out perfect! We had our wedding at the zoo and they made all our paper goods matching and animal themed. We received so many compliments on everything they made for us!

Sent on 10/22/2018

221 Creations's reply:

Thanks Kristin for the review. It was a pleasure working on your fun zoo themed wedding invites and day of stationery!
  • Mary Kate

Mary Kate · Married on 07/15/2017

I loved working with 221 Creations! I worked with Beth when creating my invitations and place cards. She did a wonderful job and they turned out perfectly. This is a great shop to work with since they take the time to help with the little details. They also can create the designs that you imagine and make them into a reality. Beth came to the rescue when I needed programs. I decided to do programs last minute and they were done flawlessly. I can’t say enough great things about 221 Creations and will defiantly recommending them to anyone planning a wedding.

Sent on 08/16/2017
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 10/01/2016

MaryKay was so easy to work with and was very helpful in nudging us in one direction or the other when we were stuck on a decision. She was very flexible with our scheduling (we live downtown) and working with what timing was best for us.

Our Save the Dates got SO MANY compliments from friends and family and we cannot wait to hear what everyone thinks of our invites! We will definitely come to 221 Creations for any serious print work we need done in the future.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Katelyn · Married on 08/01/2015

Mary Kay and was absolutely wonderful throughout our entire wedding stationary process. She helped us design beautiful Save the Dates based on something I had found on Etsy, but her prices were much more competitive, and it turned out beautifully!
    Then she walked me through designing our wedding invitations, which turned out EXACTLY how I had envisioned! Again, they were created to look much like the ones we had seen online, only better because they were tailored specifically to what we wanted. We stopped by the shop for a couple of quick meetings, and everything was hassle free. Quick turnaround!
    We will absolutely recommend 221 Creations to our friends getting married or in need of any stationary, and we will certainly keep going back for more!

Sent on 07/06/2015

Gloria · Married on 06/22/2013

221 created lovely Save The Dates that were exactly what we were looking for. Their attention to detail was above and beyond. We could not be happier. We look forward to working with them to create perfect wedding invitations!

Sent on 12/31/2012
  • User3196898 · 2+ years ago

221 Creations was a delight to work with. They listened to all of my requests, and created a beautiful wedding invitation for my guests. The quality of the paper is fantastic, and the design is simply perfect. I would definitely recommend them to anyone in need of paper goods.

Sent on 04/14/2013

Megan · event on: 04/26/2013

221 did an amazing job creating the invitations I wanted. I gave them a rough design and they were able to perfect and get it back to me really quickly. I will definitely be using them again!

Sent on 04/19/2013

Maredith · Married on 11/24/2012

Mary Kay was so very helpful, and gave us some great ideas for the ceremony and small reception after. I was thrilled at how much Mary Kay helped give me ideas and suggestions.

Sent on 10/17/2012

Vendor quickly sent mock-up of Rehearsal Dinner invitation. Changed colors to match wedding colors. Provided service quickly, efficiently and professionally. Highly recommend.

Sent on 10/19/2012

Lauren · Married on 10/22/2012

A year ago, my husband and I had the best night of our lives- our wedding! As stressful as event planning can be, the ladies at 221 made planning and creating so easy it should have been illegal! ;)
    I came to them with an idea of what I would like my invitation to look like and got to see every step of the revisions. Even little tweaks, like changing the color of the gerber daisy was done efficiently and quickly!
    I got to know both Mary Kay and Beth and love them both as a wonderful and FUN team!
    I had so much fun working with and talking to Mary Kay and Beth that going with any other vender would have depleted my assurance in my vision and probably my budget as well.
    These ladies work what seems like around the clock and my invitations were NEVER left on the back burner.
    221 helped me put together my invitations, place-card candles, thank you cards, and even helped me find fresh water pearl bracelets for my bridesmaids! They had great recommendations for bakeries (John Dough) and florists!
    I would not have wished for anything different in my planning!
    Thank you 221 Creations for the greatest event I have ever thrown!

Sent on 10/20/2012

Cheryl · Married on 11/08/2014

I used 221 Creations for my save the dates and seating board. I loved that they had such unique products and worked with me to create a seating board based on pictures I found on Pinterest. I received lots of compliments on the save the dates and can't wait for everyone to see my seating board!

Sent on 11/07/2014
  • Torchlake6

Stephanie · Married on 06/10/2017

The invitations, place cards and Table number cards came out beautifully and the staff worked with us to make sure it was e?factly what I wanted.

Sent on 06/11/2017

Elaine · Married on 09/03/2016

3.5

Had a wonderful experience with 221 creations! We used their services for our save-the-date cards, shower invites, wedding invites, place cards, menus, ceremony programs, and thank-you notes! The paper elements for our wedding were something important to me and I was happy to work with a business that created beautiful designs!

Mary Kay was incredibly friendly and excited to work with us! We were able to meet each time at their studio in Downer's Grove. Mary Kay worked with us in great detail for each element of stationary we needed. We spent a great deal of time color comparing, deciding on fonts, and paper qualities. If you value details, this is a great place to make sure your final product is perfect! 221 was incredibly flexible to work with our vision for our invites and other items. Their designers did a great job capturing the themes of our wedding and incorporating them into our stationary! The products we received were of top quality! The papers were gorgeous as was the print work!

Most of our items arrived in a timely manner. Some elements took a bit longer to arrive through special order and/or printers delay.

I would advise brides and grooms to allow extra time when having items created and printed. We cut a few deadlines a little close due to delays. I also experienced a little difficulty with hours of the shop. My husband and I work 9am-5pm Monday - Friday and the only days we could really pick items up were on Saturdays. This became a bit of a hassle when picking items up. If the shop owners were away and had staff filling in, they some times could not locate our items or they seemed to not understand what we were looking for.

Those hiccups aside, I was extremely happy with our finished products. Mary Kay was wonderful about responding to emails quickly! They were incredibly flexible about editing designs and working with our budgets. I recommend them to any bride and groom who desire personalized and beautiful stationary!

Sent on 01/01/2017

Tricia · Married on 05/13/2017

3.8
      3.5

Mary Kay was really easy to work with and helped me create the perfect invitation. She was accommodating with my schedule and any subsequent edits.

Sent on 05/22/2017

Holly · Married on 07/09/2016

3.6
      2.5
      2.5

The final product of my invitations was INCREDIBLE! All of my guests, even the ones that didn't come were raving about how beautiful my invitations looked. However, the process of getting to the final point could have been smoother. Communication did take longer than I would have expected and it was not always clear and concise at times even when secondary questions were asked. Despite the communication blunders, the final quality of product by far out weighed the negative and in the end i was overjoyed with what I had received.

Sent on 07/18/2016
  • Z

Zach · Married on 03/05/2016

0.0

I came into this place expecting much more than I received. I have never been so disappointed with a company that is supposed to strive to make their clients happy. I found this place online and noticed they were in Downers Grove which is not far from where I live so I wanted to give them a shot. It is a small boutique store that specializes in card designs, or so we thought. We decided to book with them after a face to face meeting and were looking forward to the experience. Initially things went very well. We originally purchased save the dates, invitations and a little bit of stationary. Problems surfaced quickly after. This company misspelled words on THREE separate occasions! After we received the invitation proofs we noticed that the word “married” was spelled as “mavried.” Now we were informed that it was a font error. However, after examining our save the dates we noticed they did the same thing to my wife’s last name! Completely unacceptable. They apologized and decided to give us the printed names/addresses on the envelopes for their mistake, so we stuck it out hoping for some redemption. They gave us an excuse that their designer was sick and put it together real quick. Really? You are telling me that it is acceptable to just throw things together and think it is okay? Furthermore, they failed in trying to fix the mistake. We were informed we would receive the invitations before New Years so we could get these sent out as the wedding was March 5. We did not receive these until almost two weeks after New Years. A company should not make promises when they are unable to fulfill them. Then, when we received the names/addresses, multiple names had the same issue has I previously stated! Any name that had two r’s in their name had it spelled “vr”. Again, they blamed it on the font. Because of this, we had to bring the bad envelopes back and have them replaced with new ones. Now we had less than a month to send out the invitations and get the responses. They we

Sent on 04/07/2016