206 Events Reviews

85 | Seattle, WA

85 Reviews for 206 Events

Neha · Married on 08/17/2019

We could NOT have done it without Troy! MCing and more

I was hesitant to book a DJ at first; since high school I had my heart set on a live band at my wedding, and the last few weddings I had been to the DJ did not impress. But I am so glad I worked with Troy and 206 events. I decided to call him because there were a few A/V details I needed help with. In one phone call he was able to easily solve all those problems and help me troubleshoot several other logistical points of the wedding that had been blocking me. Troy was able to take care of all sound for our event (ceremony, live band, and background music), MC the whole night, set up lighting, and serve as a day-of coordinator/point-person on the day. His professionalism and extensive experience with weddings solved so many of our problems effortlessly. He also helped us walk through the timeline of the event and provided a number of helpful suggestions for flow and timing.

On wedding day he was the perfect MC -- clear, friendly, professional -- and he did a very good job of checking in with us about the flow of the evening, allowing it to deviate from the schedule without completely going overtime. We felt like we were in good hands the whole time, and later we discovered just how many details were wrangled last-minute without us having to worry! Strong recommendation for his services as an all-around wedding logistics genius!

Sent on 01/14/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly Sutton · Married on 08/03/2019

Amazing DJ!

We hired Troy for our wedding in August 2019. Troy was professional, communicative, and helpful throughout the process of leading up to our wedding day. Troy helped outline timelines and coordinated with our photographer, coordinator, and venue. We knew we were in good hands with Troy and the day went off without a hiccup.

The thing we liked the most about Troy is what he did with our playlist. We said, “Just take this as inspiration but make it better” and he did not disappoint. The music on our wedding day was perfect. We could not recommend the team at 206 Events enough!

Sent on 09/08/2019

206 Events's reply:

Thank you Kelly! Congratulations and thank you for choosing 206 Events as your Wedding DJ Company. Your wedding day was absolutely perfect, best wishes to you both!
  • Kristina

Kristina · Married on 07/27/2019

DJ Perfection

We hired Troy as our wedding DJ and he was awesome!

He was recommended to us by a family friend (who is also a well-known DJ in the Seattle area). From our very first conversation on the phone, I felt so at ease and comfortable with Troy. He was personable, organized, and asked and answered all the right questions regarding our special day.

During the planning process Troy was able to guide us to the right music choices for the ceremony, and even cut a song for us that we wanted for our processional...which, by the way, synced up perfectly with my nephew pulling my little niece down the aisle on a wagon just before I walked down the aisle.

He created great playlists for each part of the wedding, each with their own vibe for the occasion (before the wedding, cocktail hour lawn games, dinner music, and then party/ dance music). He was also a great MC and kept the reception flowing smoothly from speeches to the first dance, to the end of the night. When it was time to dance the night away he read the crowd right with his song choices and was great at checking in to make sure we were happy and having the time of our lives. He also provided the perfect lighting throughout the evening. Our venue was a little tricky because it was so open, and there were lots of different nooks for our guests to explore, including a bonfire far removed from the dance floor, but he was able to pull the guests in with his music selections and lighting for an awesome dance party to end the night.

We are so grateful to Troy and his assistant for helping us have our dream wedding and we highly recommend him for your DJ!

Sent on 10/19/2019

206 Events's reply:

Thanks so much for the wonderful review, Kristina! It was a perfect day and we were so honored to have been a part of it. You were a pleasure to work with, and very helpful during the entire process. Congratulations and best of luck to you both!
  • Rebecca

Rebecca Cohn · Married on 06/29/2019

The Absolute Best!

Troy and his team truly are the best of the best! We hired him for our wedding and it was one of the best decisions we made. Troy was able to help us with song selections and worked with us to form various playlists. (He even helped find versions of the Hora to dance to, and advised on the song I walked down the aisle to!) Troy was also incredibly fast to respond on email in the months, weeks, and even days before the wedding! He is organized, incredibly kind, and easy to talk to. Aside from his amazing DJ and emceeing skills, he did a beautiful job with lighting! He had some lighting ideas that ended up looking amazing during the wedding and the reception. Troy helped make our wedding day the best day ever! I highly recommend him and his team for your event!

Sent on 07/16/2019

206 Events's reply:

Thank YOU, Rebecca! You were such a pleasure to work with, it was an honor to be a part of your special day. Thank you for all the kind words and for choosing 206 Events as your Wedding DJ Company! We had a blast celebrating with you and your guests. All the best to you and your family!

Kara Whelan · Married on 03/02/2019

206 Events Delivers

Troy and Romie did a fantastic job creating a fun, dynamic, celebratory atmosphere for my daughter’s Bat Mitzvah party. They kept the kids engaged with games interspersed throughout the night and played music that bridged the gap with the older crowd so the dance floor was always full. Working with Troy was easy and fun. I would highly recommend 206 Events for any celebration!

Sent on 03/08/2019

206 Events's reply:

Thank you...We had such a great time celebrating with your friends and family! Congratulations again to your daughter, we appreciate you choosing 206 Events as your DJ & Entertainment Company!

Jonathan · Married on 12/01/2018

More value then was expected!

Troy and his team did a phenomenal job with running our company Christmas party that was at the Pan Pacific Hotel in Downtown Seattle! I personally heard tons of comments on how great the music, DJ and lighting was. Will definitely work with 206 Events in the future.

Sent on 12/06/2018

206 Events's reply:

Thanks Jonathan! We appreciate your business and the opportunity to work with you on a stellar Holiday Party...looking forward to next year!

Chris North · Married on 09/29/2018

Troy brought the party and made our night magical

When we were planning our wedding we told ourselves we were going to do it as DIY as possible while also striking a good balance of hiring professionals to help us out where needed. For the longest time, we thought a DJ wasn't going to be necessary for our small and intimate wedding. We told ourselves that a laptop and a great Spotify playlist would get us where we needed to be. That was until we met Troy, from 206 Events. We met Troy at another wedding for 2 good friends of ours and it was quickly obvious to us why we needed a DJ and why Troy is so much more than just a DJ. Our Spotify plan seemed solid, we'd rent a few speakers, play a great playlist and everything would be wonderful. But who would play the song as we went down the aisle, who would start the party after the ceremony, who would tell people when to move from one place to another, and who would read the crowd and know just what song to play when there was a lull in the energy on the dance floor? Certainly, our playlist was good, but it wasn't that good. These are the lessons that Troy taught us at the wedding where we met him and it's the magic that he brought to our wedding that transformed it from a good time to a truly magical evening. Troy showed up with far more than just the 2 speakers we were going to rent, he brought all of his professional DJ equipment, lights for the dance floor, microphones for the ceremony and so much more. Troy took our playlist and expanded on it, he brought the human factor to our playlist and was able to read the crowd and play the right song at the right time. He provided an invaluable service as he moved people from the ceremony to the cocktail hour and announced when we would cut the cake and when our first dance would begin. As the evening progressed Troy brought The Party, lights, bass, dancing, laughter, tears and grand emotions. There is no question in our minds that our wedding would have had any chance of being as fun and as wonderful as it was without Troy and 206 Events.

Sent on 12/07/2018

206 Events's reply:

Thank you Chris! It was such an honor to be a part of your fantastic vendor team for your Wedding. You were both such a pleasure to work with, organized with a vision for your day, flexible and open to suggestions, fun and easy-going to make sure all of your guests had a wonderful time celebrating your big day! The playlists were stellar, and your group kept the dance floor going all night...what a party! Congratulations and best wishes!
  • Felicia

Felicia · Married on 09/01/2018

Highly recommend DJ Romie

206 Events provides excellent services. We were lucky enough to have Romie as our DJ and MC for our wedding. We provided a full list of our top music selections and Romie was a fantastic mixer and MC. Responsive to all of our questions and requests throughout the planning process. Provided services as planned and asked all the right questions about what we were looking for in a DJ prior to the day-of. We didn’t have to worry about a thing! Found them by referral from our day-of coordinator and I wouldn’t hesitate hiring Romie again.

Sent on 01/17/2019

206 Events's reply:

Thank you for the fantastic review, Felicia! We are so thrilled that DJ Romie was able to provide such stellar service and keep your dance floor moving! Congratulations to you both, we greatly appreciate your choosing 206 Events as your Wedding DJ Company.

Joshua Doll · Married on 08/18/2018

Professional and Creative Event Services

Troy and 206 Events provided MC, AV, and DJ services for our wedding. In addition to being laid back, easy to work with, and professional, Troy helped us throw an incredible dance party that our friends all said was the best part of the night.

Sent on 12/05/2018

206 Events's reply:

Thanks Joshua! It was a pleasure working with you both to create a fun and comfortable atmosphere for your family and friends. I appreciated attention to details and your help creating the playlists was outstanding! Congratulations again.
  • Kelly

Kelly Caine · Married on 08/04/2018

Highly recommend!

My husband and I got married in Union, WA August 2018 and Troy/206 events did such an amazing job with our wedding music! We had no idea how to pick out music for our big day and he helped us every step of the way. We gave Troy a list of songs and genres we liked and he put together an awesome playlist for the background dinner music and reception music. I picked the ceremony music and he put it together beautifully. He is very organized and professional and he was also a great MC throughout the whole day. We got so many complements on how he did such a great job and how fun he was! Definitely recommend 206 events for ANYTHING you are planning!

Sent on 07/26/2019

206 Events's reply:

Thank you, Kelly! Congratulations on a perfect wedding, we were honored to have been a part of your special day!

Leah · Married on 06/30/2018

Troy and his partner of 206 Events were awesome! We met with him and it felt like we had known him for years. His experience gave us great confidence and his professionalism was exemplary. My mom’s one request for the wedding was to have a DJ that played great music and create an environment that inspired people to dance. Let me tell you, everyone was dancing and it was hard to get people to leave at the end of the night. The dance floor was full the entire night. Hire 206 Events for your wedding and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 09/03/2018

206 Events's reply:

Thanks Leah, we had such a blast at your wedding! Thanks for being so great to work with and congratulations to the both of you on a fantastic wedding day!!

Hannah · Married on 05/03/2018

Troy has great energy and made sure our wedding had a killer dance party. He chose music that not only suited our wedding but also us as a couple! We would definitely hire him again!!!

Sent on 05/18/2018

206 Events's reply:

Thank you! It was an honor to have been selected as your Wedding DJ. Congratulations on a fantastic wedding you two!

Marie · Married on 10/08/2017

Troy was extremely responsive! The lighting he provided completely set the mood for the ceremony and reception!! He went out of his way to create the perfect setting!! I would hire him again in a heartbeat!!

Sent on 03/29/2014

Arielle Blume · Married on 09/07/2017

Amazing Party

Troy was a pleasure to work with. He made sure both I and my husband to be were happy with the music choices and helped keep both of us focused as we became overwhelmed with all of the music choices available. The plan/timeline he helped us put together was amazing and very helpful when it came to arranging with other vendors day-of. Day of he was there to set up and I didn't have to worry about a thing, I knew that I could trust him to be on top of any detail. He was an amazing emcee, the lighting details he added to the reception and dance party were on point, and the music was fun and kept the energy going! He was even able to capture a quiet moment that the photographer missed. I will certainly work with Troy and 206 events again for any future celebrations!

Sent on 12/05/2018

206 Events's reply:

Thank you Arielle! What an amazing weekend celebrating with you and your husband, I am truly honored to have been a part of it. The dance party was so fun and filled with so many great moments, I couldn't be happier for the two of you. I appreciate you giving me the opportunity to perform as your Wedding DJ, and your trust in my services to help make your day the success that it was. Congratulations to you both!
  • Tim

Tim · Married on 09/02/2017

Troy was fantastic! Right from the start, he shared his deep passion for entertainment, which was really important to us. He was incredibly knowledgeable of the industry, and had plenty of great ideas that we could bounce back and forth to see what would work. He was very professional and really attentive to our wishes. When it came to the day of, he was on point at all times. He allowed the ceremony/reception to flow naturally, and was a fantastic MC. You could also tell that he was having a great time, and got a lot of joy out of creating a fun party. I would strongly recommend 206 Events, because when we shared that the music and ambience of the night were very important to us, Troy delivered 100%.

Sent on 09/06/2017

206 Events's reply:

Thanks Tim, what a fantastic night! Thank you for allowing me to celebrate with you and your family, best of luck to you both!

Scott · Married on 08/26/2017

Romie did a fantastic job at our August 26, 2017 RENTON HIGH SCHOOL 50 YEAR REUNION, held on the South shore of lake washington in the grand ballroom of Renton's beautiful new Hyatt Regency hotel.
    We contacted Troy because of the stellar online reviews and we were never disappointed. Troy was great to deal with. He quickly agreed with us on a very reasonable rate and the entire contract/payment process was highly professional and surprise free.
    The hotel was brand new and we were all concerned that the sound system may have some glitches. Troy and Romie on their own initiative communicated directly with the hotel and also attended our pre-event walk through. They used the hotel sound system and supplemented that with their own top notch speakers and lighting. Everything worked flawlessly, largely due to Romie's technical expertise with sound equipment of all varieties.
    Romie played the music we requested and took requests from the dance floor throughout the evening. He is a first rate performer with lots of energy; who was able to generate great enthusiasm in our group of nearly 300 folks rapidly approaching 70 years of age. He's a very experienced DJ who really knows what he's doing. Beyond that, he's a fine person who was an absolute pleasure to work with.
    We could not have asked for anything more--Romie and Troy are AWESOME!

Sent on 10/12/2017

206 Events's reply:

Thank you Scott! We are so honored to have been selected for this important event for your alumni and even more pleased that we were able to meet your expectations! You and your team were an absolute joy to work with and we appreciate all of your kind words. I know Romie was equally as pleased with your event that evening, and had nothing but the best experience with your group! Best wishes to you and all of the Renton Class of '67!!
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 08/12/2017

The celebration of our daughter's wedding was one for the books and I attribute the day's success to Troy's incredible attention to detail.

Not only did he create a fantastic mix of songs to keep guests on the dance floor, Troy created the celebration's entire timeline....which included the wedding party's arrival to the venue, the bridal party's dinner entrance, family speeches, special dances, etc. Troy transitioned each aspect of the night with true class!

Furthermore, Troy was able to create music in two separate areas (the cocktail hour at Seattle Tennis Club's garden area by the water and also in the club's ballroom). The lighting and sound was perfect. The evening flowed seamlessly from start to finish and I am beyond thankful for his work.

Sent on 08/18/2017

206 Events's reply:

Thank you Kim! You and your family were such a pleasure to work with, what an absolutely stunning wedding reception! Thank you for the opportunity and for choosing 206 Events as your Wedding DJ company!

Adri · Married on 07/22/2017

Troy was an awesome emcee and DJ, really more of an event "producer" is the way to describe it. From the ceremony all the way to the final dance, he provided exceptional service and walked the perfect line of making announcements/interacting with guests and letting the evening flow on its own accord. Also highly responsive and easy to work with leading up to the wedding. Would totally recommend.

Sent on 08/01/2017

206 Events's reply:

Thank you and congratulations again! You both were an absolute pleasure to work with, and your guests really kept the party going...Cheers!

Terra · Married on 07/15/2017

My wife Amy and I were just married a couple of weeks ago and chose Troy at 206 Events to be our DJ. What a great decision that was on our part! Troy was one of the preferred DJ's recommended from the Hotel Sorrento and we could not be more happy with his services. Since we are from out of state, we could not do face to face meetings, but we had great phone initial consult and a meeting the week before the event to finalize details. He was very considerate of our preferences and very professional throughout the process. His lighting and sound system were outstanding, and the flow of music throughout the reception was well thought out. Troy has a great personality and was very helpful through the entire process leading up to the wedding, and at the event itself. We highly recommend Troy at 206 Events for anyone who is looking for a great DJ!

Sent on 08/03/2017

206 Events's reply:

Thank you!! I had such a lovely time celebrating with you and your guests, I appreciate you choosing me as your Wedding DJ! Congratulations to you both.

Erin · Married on 07/08/2017

206 events was wonderful to work with! We had DJ Kryspin at our wedding and he did an amazing job! So many of our guests came up to us to tell us how awesome our DJ was! He really made the party fun and flow easily! Highly recommended!

Sent on 08/13/2017

206 Events's reply:

Thank you Erin and Congratulations! We are so thrilled about the huge success of your wedding day and for all of the kind words about DJ Krypsin. Thank you again for choosing 206 Events as your Wedding DJ Company!

Emily · Married on 10/16/2016

Troy from 206 Events was our DJ at our wedding, and he was amazing! He's truly a professional - everything ran so smoothly and he immediately understood our taste in music and what we wanted at our wedding after a couple meetings. We had a very small wedding (40 people) and were worried that the dancing would fizzle out with such a small group, but Troy was so great that every danced all night! We got tons of comments after the wedding about how great Troy was. I can't imagine having a better DJ for our wedding!

Sent on 10/24/2016

Lara · Married on 09/10/2016

Romie and Troy were wonderful to work with. Romie was our DJ for our wedding and he was able to set up music for two different locations beautifully. Romie had great energy and helped get the party going after our cake cutting. He was wonderful!!

Sent on 09/13/2016

206 Events's reply:

Thanks Lara! We are so pleased to have been selected as your DJ Company and that DJ Romie was able to rock your party! Congratulations on a great wedding and best wishes for the future!

Expert at DJing weddings. Reliable while still innovative. Made a huge difference and everyone had a fantastic time.

Sent on 09/18/2016

Nicole · Married on 08/27/2016

We used 206 Events for our recent wedding and it was great. We met Troy at a wedding tasting event and he set us up with one of his DJ's, Kryspin, who was great. The music flowed well all evening and really transitioned perfectly into each phase of the evening. Both Troy and Kryspin were great at communication leading up to the event, and everything went smoothly from start to finish. I would definitely recommend!

Sent on 09/16/2016

Thank you so much for being the DJ at our wedding! The music and uplighting was absolutely perfect!! We really really appreciate all of the hard work you put into helping make our wedding day perfect!

Sent on 01/02/2017