1makeupman Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Brooke
    Brooke H. Getting married on 09/30/2023

Amazing!!!

Russel and his team did an amazing job! Russel did my makeup for my engagement photos and I loved it so much that I hired him and his team for my wedding! Even though he was not available for my wedding date, he provided me with his team Hitomi, Gabrielle, Madison, Mariah for our services. They did my makeup/hair for my trial and what a wonderful job they did! They make you feel very comfortable throughout the whole process! During the wedding day, they were very personable and were able to get all us done on time! I highly recommend for a beautiful service!

Hi Brooke!
    What a wonderful day you had and on behalf of my team and I, thank you so much for choosing us! I loved doing your engagement shoot, and couldn’t be more proud of my team for enhancing your beauty as well as your girls! Thank you for taking the time to write such a supportive review, we don’t take it for granted! Congratulations!
  • Mary
    Mary F. Married on 11/05/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Incredible hair, makeup and presence on our wedding day

I was thrilled with the hair and makeup services of the 1MakeupMan team. They covered me as the bride, 8 bridesmaids and the MOB and MOG and everyone looked gorgeous. Beyond that - they brought the best energy and created a wonderful, relaxed, upbeat atmosphere with us for these hours getting ready on this special day. Additionally, I really enjoyed working with Russell and Rachel through my hair and makeup trials and working through different options with them. I am so grateful that I chose 1MakeupMan and highly recommend this vendor!
    Elise Married on 10/01/2022

The Perfect Team!

From the trial with Russell, I knew he was the perfect artist to make myself and my girls feel amazing. On the wedding day, he and the team offered kind words, pep talks, and a great playlist. We all looked and felt amazing. Thank you!!

Good morning Elise!
    Even with the remnants of a hurricane/tropical storm, YOU brought your own sunshine! What an absolute pleasure it was spending our morning with you and your beautiful family & friends! We absolutely loved doing everyone’s makeup and cannot wait to see your wedding day pictures! Congratulations! 🎉
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Allie R. Married on 09/24/2022

Absolutely Amazing!

My 1Makeupman team on the day of my wedding was phenomenal! My hair and makeup lasted all day long, over 12 hours! It felt weightless and I received so many compliments. This is the first time getting my makeup done by someone who actually made me feel like an absolute princess. My bridesmaids, mom, and flower girls all looked so stunning. We were very impressed. I couldn’t be more thankful to have had the help of Russell and his team, Lisa, Rachel, Visare, and Nicole on my wedding day!

1makeupman's reply:

Hello Allie! Thank you so much for taking the time to write not one, but two reviews for my team and I! You were such a pleasure to work with and my team thoroughly enjoyed spending their morning with you and your bridal party! Also, I loved your thank you card! You and Christopher look amazing! Please forward me your professional pictures when you get a chance! Congratulations and thank you for trusting my team and I are your beautiful day!
    Carly C. Married on 09/24/2022

Excellent!

Wedding hair and makeup. Loved Russell's team, Natalia, Cassie, and Andrea. Andrea had very helpful tips at my trial appointment, and Cassie and Natalia made our make up look beautiful without feeling cakey. Definitely would recommend!

Hi Carly!
    Thank you so much for trusting me, and my team for your wedding day makeup and hair. The girls had a wonderful time enhancing everyone’s natural beauty and we cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience! Congratulations 🎉 Carly!
  • Lacy
    Lacy T. Married on 09/23/2022

Amazing Artist!!!

Russell is such a down to earth, silly, incredibly talented person! His team was so great. They came on time the day of my wedding and set everything up so quickly. Russell and Hitomi were able to get all 10 girls including me done in great timing! Not only does Russell do an amazing job with makeup application but he educates you while you’re in his chair. During my makeup trial he informed me about all the ‘dos and donts’ when it comes to taking care of my skin before the wedding. I listened and took in everything that he said and on my wedding day my skin never looked better. The makeup laid on my face beautifully. I felt so confident. Russell joked around with my bridesmaids, and we had such a great time with him. He makes getting ready FUN and enjoyable. After getting ready all my bridesmaids said, “Oh my gosh he was so cool I need to book him for my wedding!” I got so many compliments on my wedding makeup I truly felt like a princess. Book Russell for your wedding. You will look BEAUTIFUL! He’s an amazing makeup artist.

Hello Lacy!
    Thank you so very much for writing such a wonderful and supportive review! It was an absolute pleasure meeting you at your trial, and spending the morning with you and your beautiful family at Rosewood Farms on your wedding day! Everyone was so nice, and I can’t wait to receive your professional photos for our website and social media platforms. Thank you again and congratulations!
    Morgan Married on 09/15/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Everything I wanted on such a special day

Best makeup service I have ever had done!!! He even came to the salon where I got my hair done at! Very kind and funny! Made me laugh and stay calm while waiting to marry the love of my life. HIGHLY RECOMMEND, beautiful work !!
  • Jenna
    Jenna Married on 09/10/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

AMAZING artistry and professionalism - simply THE BEST!

Russell was the very first vendor I booked for our wedding (more than a year out). I met Russell years ago and ever since then, I knew I wanted him to do my makeup for our wedding day. Russell has an amazing way of applying makeup so it looks natural, but dramatic enough for pictures. You feel like yourself, but just an elevated version. We had the pleasure of not only working with Russell, but also Hitomi on our big day, and I cannot say enough good things about the both of them. They both do an absolutely beautiful job with makeup application, and they also bring so much more. Russell and Hitomi created a fun, calm, and positive environment for me, my bridesmaids, and my mom and mother-in-law. It's so important to surround yourself with positivity while you're getting ready, and they provided just that. Russell and Hitomi calmed the nerves I had throughout the day and kept me laughing. I can't wait to hire them again for another event, and several of my bridesmaids already plan to hire them in the future too. Russell and Hitomi, thank you so very much for making me and my girls feel beautiful and for being such amazing and wonderful people. Forever grateful for the both of you and can't wait to work with you again!
  • Lauren
    Lauren C. Married on 09/09/2022

1makeupman is the BEST

Russell and his team provided the best wedding day makeup services I could have imagined. He and Hitomi were rays of sunshine on a hectic morning. Their upbeat playlist and jokes kept my girls smiling and laughing all morning. Russell made everyone feel comfortable and happy and was key in keeping our morning schedule on track as well. He and Hitomi are true artists - everyone was in awe of their makeup. Everyone's natural beauty was enhanced and the makeup looked fabulous in photos. He was also extremely flexible - he was able to do light makeup for two flower girls and a few touchups for the groom with zero notice on my wedding day. Definitely ask him about services for the groom. I hadn't even thought about it, but my husband was really appreciative to have a pro on hand to make sure he looked his best. I am so happy we chose 1makeupman and can confidently recommend him to all brides!
    Kerri-Gene L. Married on 09/08/2022

Absolutely amazing!

Very professional and funny. Great conversations and encouragement from both hair and makeup.
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie Married on 09/03/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Loved my wedding makeup so much!

Russell did such a great job with my makeup for the wedding. I never felt more beautiful in my life!! I highly recommend him. He was prompt and very organized. He also was a lot of fun, so it helped with the wedding jitters. You won’t regret going with Russell and his team!
    Rebecca K. Married on 08/20/2022

Absolutely flawless

Russell and team are beyond talented!!! They enhance your natural features and make you look stunning without feeling you have a ton of makeup on, which is just what I was looking for! HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!

Hi Rebecca!
    Hitomi and I had such a wonderful time spending our morning with you, your beautiful family, and awesome friends! Thank you so much for choosing me for your wedding day makeup, I’m incredibly grateful. Not just for the makeup aspect, but for the new friendship established between us, and your friends! See you next year at Erica’s wedding! 🤗 Thank you for taking the time to write a review, it means the world to me, and my 1makeupman team! Congratulations again! With gratitude, 🙏🏻 -Russell
    Krista S. Married on 08/20/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Russell’s Team is the Best!

Russell’s team of Mac trained artists will absolutely make you look your best, using color theory and top-of-the-line products. Madison did my wedding look exactly how I wanted, and it felt like I wasn’t even wearing anything! She is so sweet and makes you feel so beautiful. She picked out the perfect lipstick for my special day and gifted it to me so I could touch up. It’s now my fave and I wear it all the time. We had such a great dance party at my wedding and stayed up till the early hours…when I woke just in time for my farewell brunch, my makeup still looked fabulous! I just touched it up and went. Jessie was our other artist for getting my bridal party and family ready, and he was equally fabulous to work with. Everyone looked amazing, especially my hot, 63-year-old mom!
    Russell made everything easy, including my trial, with a reliable team of multiple artists so you can be confident everything will go smoothly. If you don’t want out-dated, heavy, or bland make-up, call 1MakeupMan!
  • Lauren
    Lauren Married on 07/30/2022

The best!!

1makeupman has the best stylists! We had Madison for make up and Rachael for hair. They listened to our requests and exceeded expectations! Both girls arrived to the venue before anyone in the wedding party and were ready to start. They were so fun to work with and did everything they could to make us feel confident, comfortable and beautiful!
  • Andrew
    Reily C. Married on 07/30/2022

Amazing and Talented!

Russell was an absolute pleasure to work with. He was very responsive, communicated very clearly, and he made everyone sitting in the makeup chair feel comfortable. I did my makeup trial and instantly knew that he would be a great addition to my vendor team. Russell paid attention to detail, and he listened to what people requested their final look to be. I cannot recommend him enough. Not only does he do amazing work, he is an amazing human to talk to. Thank you Russell!

Hi Reily!
    Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! I also received your thank you card, and it is displayed on my table right across from my studio set up! 🥰 I absolutely loved being with you and your family at Worsell Manor, and still am telling my clients about how your sister insisted that I go home to pick up my wife and come back for the wedding and reception! You, and your entire family made me feel just like that…. Family. 🙏🏻🤓 I am so grateful for the opportunity to have served you, and look forward to following your journey of this thing called marriage! Thank you again and congratulations! -Russell
    M Spinosa Married on 07/09/2022

Amazing team!

I had Russel, Mariah, Madison, and Hitomi for hair and makeup for my wedding day. From start to finish we could not have been any happier! Russel and his team are so professional and it shows in the amazing work they do!
  • Rashmika
    Rashmika Married on 06/25/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Makeup and hair for my engagement

Omgggggggggggggggggggggg. I cannot event express how grateful I am to these folks. They have done absolutely fabulous job. Flawless. Hitomi has done my makeup and Madison has done my hair…. Oh wow I have tears in my eyes writing this review because of the value they have added to my event by giving their best. These 2 girls are just so amazing and fantastic. They are very patient to understand what you are looking for. Their skills. Oh wowwwww. I want to congratulate Russell for maintaining such a fabulous team. Love love you guys ❤️
    Cathy H. Married on 06/24/2022

Excellent job by 1MakeupMan

1MakeupMan did the bridal party's hair and makeup for my daughter's beach wedding. Jessie, who did the hair, and Andrea, who did the makeup, couldn't have been nicer, more efficient, or more professional. They did an excellent job and seemed to have fun doing it! All of the girls looked beautiful, and their hair and makeup held up throughout the ceremony on the windy beach and the reception afterward.
  • Victoria
    Victoria Z. Married on 05/21/2022

Wonderful Experience

1makeupman and his crew were amazing . The morning of the wedding went by so perfectly, the timing, the vibes, the hair and makeup, everything was great. You can tell he and his crew have been doing this for 20+ years. They do exactly what you ask and make you look amazing, while keeping the vibe fun.
  • Amanda
    Amanda Married on 05/07/2022

Look no farther!!!

I had known since before getting engaged that I wanted 1makeupman to be there for all wedding makeup and hair needs. Not only is Russell professional with outstanding talent, but he brings such a positive attitude and energy that is unmatched. This is exactly what you want for your wedding day getting ready vibes. All of my bridesmaids raved about their hair and make up, which was a win in my book considering I wanted everyone to feel like their best on my wedding day. Not to mention all his team members are kind, caring and listened to everyone's requests and desires about their own make up and hair! Look no farther because 1makeupman is perfect for any wedding or event. I would recommend him to anyone in a heartbeat!
    Jennifer S. Married on 01/29/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fabulous! I couldnt have asked for anything more!

Russell was amazing! We had almost a foot of snow and he still showed up!

Hi Jen!
    A blizzard couldn’t have stopped me from being there for your wedding! I can’t wait to see your pictures too! Congratulations and thank you again for choosing me!
    -Russell
  • Erin
    Erin G. Married on 01/22/2022

A Delight (10/10)

This is your sign to hire Russell and his team for your big day! He has now done my makeup 3 times (engagement shoot, trial & wedding) & he hits it out of the park every time. Not only did Russell and his team (Hitomi, Derya, Rachel & Jessie) do the bridal party makeup for the day, but they also did the makeup for family members that flew in and wanted to get ready together. He (& his team) made everyone feel comfortable, especially those who are not used to wearing a lot of makeup. He has mastered the art of natural makeup & enhanced every ones natural beauty. His energy is infectious & he helps make the morning of fun/relaxing.

1makeupman's reply:

Erin, thank you so much for trusting me, and my team, for your wonderful wedding day! We all synergistically worked together, and with your additional vendors, to help create the environment for a perfect day! I have enjoyed every time you’ve sat down in my makeup chair, and I truly hope to have you in it again in the near future! Congratulations again, and thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful and supportive review! -Russell
  • Erica
    Erica H. Married on 01/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

An amazing artist who makes your day perfect!

Finding Russell truly elevated my wedding day on so many levels. Not only is he an amazingly talented and experienced makeup artist, but he has the best personality. He has a way of keeping everyone relaxed, smiling, laughing and gives of himself exactly what is needed in the moment. From the trial to the day of, he was professional and kind, always putting 100% into his work and achieving your vision. Every single one of my ladies who got their makeup done were so impressed (and many of us have been in a lot of weddings). My mom who doesn’t wear anything but mascara felt stunning and looked gorgeous! Finding an artist who can cater to all ages and makeup comfort levels is hard to do. Days later I had bridesmaids telling me how amazing they felt that day, which is what I wanted for my bridal party. As the bride, after finishing my makeup, Russell allowed me the time to take in the look and got pictures of my and my mom, which was so sweet! It’s so easy to be rushed to the next thing, and his advice to be in each and every moment and let go of what comes next was the best advice I could’ve received. My makeup was done at 12:30 and at 10:30 that night after it was over, I was still having my husband take photos because my makeup was still looking amazing! Cannot thank Russell enough. If you get lucky enough that he’s free for your day, book him! You won’t regret it!

1makeupman's reply:

Erica, “We can all go without a few meals, but we cannot go without words! Words nourish the mind, the spirit, the soul!” Thank you for your beautiful words, I am humbly grateful! It was such a pleasure being a part of your wedding and I look forward to seeing your wedding day photos! Congratulations! -Russell
    Emily N. Married on 12/31/2021

Russell is the BEST!

I brought Russell to Virginia all the way from Delaware because he is that fantastic! We had our trial several months before my wedding and as a picky bride, I was so grateful that we were able to discuss my look and what made me feel most comfortable, make a few tweaks, and translate that to my wedding day look. I felt beautiful and my entire bridal party looked incredible. One of the things that meant the most to me was what great care Russell took with my Mom’s make up. She doesn’t wear much make up and was feeling nervous about being glammed up — she looked absolutely beautiful and natural and she was thrilled. So grateful for Russell and Hitomi and their expertise on my special day!

1makeupman's reply:

Emily! What pandemic?! Hindsight is what? Yeah, 2020! Looking back now we start to realize that life doesn’t happen TO us, it happens FOR us! 🙏🏻 Hitomi and I loved spending our NYE with you, your bridal party, and your family! Thank you for taking the time to write a review and trusting in the process! Congratulations Emily! -Russell
    Haley G. Married on 12/17/2021

Is 100 Stars an option?

I can not say enough good things about Russell and his team! He was extremely professional and responsive through the entire process and more than patient when my contract was lost in the mail. He did my makeup absolutely BEAUTIFULLY in both my trial and the day-of. Every single one of my bridesmaids and the moms were beyond happy - absolutely returning for any other event I have!

1makeupman's reply:

Haley, thank you sooo much for taking the time to write a review, let alone so incredibly supportive! We truly appreciate you taking the time to do so! Congratulations again on your wedding nuptials and I truly look forward to seeing you in my makeup chair again!
illustration stars