1makeupman Reviews

1makeupman 6
1makeupman 7

Julie Cherico · Married on 06/07/2019

Makeup Artist

Russell is a complete joy to be around. He maintains his professionalism while being personable at the same time. He sure works his magic with his makeup and knows how to make a bride feel flawless.

Sent on 06/21/2019

Robyn Harkin · Married on 05/31/2019

Amazing team!

I cannot thank you enough!!!
    With only 2 weeks notice, you pulled off not only scheduling to do my makeup (Mother of the Groom) but my new daughter in laws makeup and her bridesmaids AND finding myself and my daughter in law a hair stylist!!! You, Julie and Chelsea were AMAZING!!
    I would definitely recommend you and your team a thousand times!! You made me feel and look absolutely beautiful!
    Robyn Harkin

1makeupman 14
    1makeupman 15
  • Tasha

Tasha · Married on 05/11/2019

Loved, loved, loved the makeup! Russell is kind,professional, and very responsive. He accommodated my sisters and me for my engagement party in Delaware even though he was already booked for the day. Julia was amazing to work with! She totally understood the looks that my sisters and I were going for, and made us feel so comfortable in our skin. The makeup lasted all afternoon and night. We received so many compliments from other family members and guests. I can't thank you both enough!

Sent on 08/27/2018

1makeupman's reply:

Tasha, music to my ears! Thank you for your wonderful feedback! Julia, my team, and I pride ourselves on being obsessed about our clients! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me in the future for any of your makeup needs! Many thanks! -Russell

Kelley · Married on 04/13/2019

Makeup man is amazing!!

Russel will make you feel like a princess on your big day. Very nice, professional and knowledgeable. Worth every dime spent plus more!!

Sent on 04/27/2019

1makeupman's reply:

Kelley, thank you sooo much for taking the time to write this review. I enjoyed being a part of your special day! Safe travels to your new home! -Russell :)

Leslie · Married on 02/16/2019

Wish I could give more stars!

Not only is this man an artist, he’s an entertainer and a calming person to have on one of the most stressful days of your life. Russel is a wonderful man that from the minute you call him to schedule until the day he exits your bridal suite, he brings joy and energy to the most wonderful day.

Sent on 03/12/2019
    1makeupman 16
    1makeupman 17
    1makeupman 18

1makeupman's reply:

Leslie, I’ve had a blast with you every time you’ve been in my makeup chair, and your wedding day was certainly no different! 😃 I am blessed and thankful for your trust and loyalty to my craft! I’m so excited to see your wedding photos, and thank you for taking the time to write such a supportive review! Many thanks! -Russell
  • Brandi

Brandi · Married on 01/19/2019

Professional, friendly and fun!

I can't say enough about Russell and his team. From the beginning he was easy to talk to and quick to respond. The process felt seamless, from setting up a trial time to accommodating an earlier than anticipated time line the day of. He kept his cool, helped me keep my cool and did such beautiful work. I felt like a more glamorous version of myself. So many people have commented about my make up and it lasted all day... even through some serious dancing!

I would gladly recommend him to anyone. :)
    Brandi

Sent on 02/11/2019
  • Grace

Grace · Married on 01/19/2019

Beautiful, natural make-up with fun, responsive, knowledgable team

I met Russell at a bridal expo and got a great vibe. He and his team did the make-up for a friend's wedding in which I was a bridesmaid and did such a fabulous job I emailed him the next day asking if he was available for my wedding. My mom and I went to MAC for my trial with Russell. He taught us a lot about how to prep our skin for the wedding, gave me samples, and really listened to my wishes for my wedding make-up. I was very pleased with how natural and light the make-up felt. Russell is hysterical - a bright, energetic spirit who made us feel comfortable and kept us laughing the whole time. Russell was very responsive and stayed in contact prior to the email answering all of my questions and giving advice as needed. He even connected me with a colleague who provided me with additional free samples the week before the wedding to help hydrate my skin. On the day of the wedding, Russell and Ashleigh came to our hotel room at 7:30am to do make-up for myself, 4 bridesmaids, my mom, and mother in law. They spent so much time on each look (~45 minutes to an hour per person) and were extremely diligent. I don't think either of them took a break the entire time! Both Russell and Ashleigh were extremely professional but were also very friendly and fun. We all looked and felt beautiful and our make-up lasted throughout the evening. I am so happy I went with Russell and his team for our wedding make-up - great experience!

Sent on 02/20/2019

1makeupman's reply:

Grace, I’m so thankful that I met you at Taylor’s wedding, and even more thankful that you allowed me the honor of being your makeup artist for your wedding day! Ashleigh and I had such a wonderful time with you and your bridal party! Everyone was so welcoming and supportive of our craft. I loved your pictures from Thousand Acre Farm and look forward to following your journey of marriage with Billy! Many thanks for taking the time to write such a beautiful review! -Russell

Sharon Byrne · Married on 12/29/2018

Stress-free Experience

Russell did the make-up for myself and my daughter (who is a special needs young adult) for my son's wedding. More than just professional, he is kind, takes the time to listen and makes what can be an overwhelming situation, calm and relaxed. His positive energy and enthusiasm was a breathe of fresh air! Both my daughter and myself, felt beautiful and confident the entire evening - especially with the many compliments we received. Definitely look forward to using Russell again for our special occasions!

Sent on 01/04/2019

1makeupman's reply:

Sharon, thank you for taking time out of your schedule to write such a supportive review. It was my pleasure to serve both you and Kelsey! I look forward to seeing photos from the wedding as well as having you both in my makeup chair! With thanks and blessings! -Russell
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 12/22/2018

1makeupman

1makeupman & his team were wonderful! Prompt, prepared, friendly and talented!! The trial was great and put me at ease for my wedding day make up. Couldn’t have asked for a better person to help glam me up for my big day!

Sent on 01/17/2019

1makeupman's reply:

Hey Laura! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! I’m loving your pictures from the barn!!! Beautiful! Such a pleasure being a part of your wedding and again, congratulations on your nuptials! -Russell
  • Amanda

Amanda Doughten · Married on 11/24/2018

Amazing team!

Russell and his team are truly great from start to finish! Russell is hilarious, personable, and beyond easy to work with. We had 15 people get their make-up done, and every single person LOVED the work Russell and his team did. Cannot say enough great things!

Sent on 12/04/2018

1makeupman's reply:

Amanda! What a beautiful day with so much love in one room! My team and I were so excited to be a part of your special day! You, and your bridesmaids were absolutely wonderful and we cannot wait to see your professional pictures! Congratulations and thank you for taking the time to write a supportive review! Much love, -Russell

Alana · Married on 11/24/2018

Excellent experience!

Russell and his team were the most professional and kind group I looked at during my search. Russell is honest, real, and incredibly talented!! He and Julia made our flower girls feel so special and were timely and efficient - every planners dream!

Russell was worth absolutely every penny due to his skill of course but more importantly his responsiveness and dedication to his clients!

Sent on 12/26/2018

1makeupman's reply:

Alana, thank you for the opportunity to be of service to you and your bridal party! What a gorgeous morning it was, and an exceptional wedding day too!!! Furthermore, I truly appreciate your time and kind words of support of my craft. My team is equally thankful for your support! Congratulations and I’ll see you and Mom soon!
    Cheers! -Russell :)

Devon · Married on 11/18/2018

Amazing service... highly recommend.

I hired Russell to do hair and makeup for my bridesmaids and he was beyond amazing. We were slightly disorganized and very last minute with booking (there were 8 bridesmaids) and Russell was very patient and easygoing through out it all. He made everything so simplistic. I highly recommend for any wedding or event. He is amazing.

Sent on 11/25/2018

1makeupman's reply:

Devon, thank you sooo much for taking the time to write such a supportive review! It was so nice meeting you and your friends and I want to congratulate you on your wedding nuptials! Here’s to many years of martial bliss! -Russell :)

Patti · Married on 11/10/2018

Last minute we had to make a change in location due to an emergency. Knowing the stressful change he was so flexible and made everyone at ease.

I would highly recommend Russell who went above and beyond to make our wedding day special.

Sent on 11/20/2018

1makeupman's reply:

Patti, thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on my makeup services! It was truly unfortunate what occurred early that morning, but I’m happy that you all had a wonderful solution! I’m looking forward to seeing your professional pictures and congratulations on your marital nuptials! Many thanks again! -Russell

Kelsey Williams · Married on 11/03/2018

Wedding makeup

Russell is a gem of a person and a phenomenal makeup artist. He accommodated my tight schedule and still made everyone look flawless! I highly, highly recommend him and his team.

1makeupman's reply:

Kelsey, I just loved our time together doing your wedding day makeup! You were so real, and so fun! I know now where you get it from... your Mom! Loved her too!! All of your bridesmaids were so beautiful and fun too! Thank you for choosing me and my 1makeupman team! Congratulations and thank you!!! :) -Russell

Adrienne · Married on 10/28/2018

Perfect wedding make up

Russell was absolutely amazing from start to finish. I would definitely recommend him to anyone. My friends, family and I all loved him. He is beyond talented and loved how I felt about his work. I was worried I would feel like I was wearing too much makeup but I loved my look for my wedding. Thank you Russell!!!!

1makeupman's reply:

Adrienne, right from the first email I knew I would have to earn your trust to earn your business. I’m so glad that you trusted in me, and allowed me the privilege to be a part of your beautiful wedding day! Thank you sooo much for your supportive review and I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful pictures! Congratulations! -Russell
  • Ilicia

Ilicia Strasser · Married on 10/27/2018

Bat Mitzvah Make-up

I hired Russell and his team to work their magic for my daughter's bat mitzvah-we felt so like royalty! I got so many compliments! Thank you for making our night feel like magic! You were punctual and professional! Looking forward to another occasion to use you again!

1makeupman's reply:

Ilicia, thank you for such a wonderful review! I hope to see you all again for your next big occasion! -Russell

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

The absolute best!

Words cannot do a justice of describing our experience with Russell and his team. Professional, passionate, kind, loving, ALL OF THE ABOVE. Russell and his team listened exactly to our requests and nailed exactly what each one of us wanted. They were so fun and easy to work with. Truly made me feel special on my big day. HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend to all!

Sent on 10/23/2018

1makeupman's reply:

Jessica, I cannot thank you enough for your beautiful review and unconditional support of my business! It’s wonderful brides like you that keep me doing what I do! Congratulations to you on your wedding nuptials and I’m so excited to see more of your pictures from your day! Much love! :)
    -Russell

Jessica · Married on 10/20/2018

Wedding Makeup Review

Russell and his team exceeded all of my expectations. His team arrived on time and were very professional. He listened to my request to have our makeup more a natural look. His personality also made for a fun and enjoyable experience. I highly recommend his services!

• Doctor Who

Karen · Married on 10/20/2018

Amazing and talented! Would highly recommend!

Jackie was our makeup artist for the day and she was just the best. All the girls including me the bride looks stunning! The one girl who didn't want her makeup done because she never likes how it looks regretted not having her done! She did get her lashes done!
    Jackie was very easy to work with and the first makeup trial I had with her I later didn't think that was the right look for my wedding day and she said I could do a second trial and made sure that I was happy by the time I left! I highly recommend Jackie!

Sent on 11/30/2018

Kelley · Married on 10/19/2018

Amazing wedding makeup

Russell was so talented and easy to work with! He made me feel so beautiful and kept my bridesmaids and I smiling the morning of the wedding. I received so many compliments on my makeup during my wedding night and how natural it looked. I felt so beautiful, but still felt like myself!! I would definitely recommend Russell to any bride :)

Sent on 10/20/2018
    1makeupman 19

1makeupman's reply:

Kelley! You are so kind and I appreciate you taking the time to write such a wonderful review! Your family and friends made it easy and fun for me, which is always a blast! Thank you for your trust and support and I’m so excited to see your pictures once you receive them! Congratulations to you both and enjoy your honeymoon! -Russell :)

Kerr Kulesza · Married on 10/13/2018

A morning full of laughter

Russell and his team are the best! My mom can’t stop talking about how at ease she felt while getting her makeup done, and honestly that is the best way to describe how the morning felt. Russell has a way of making you laugh and forgetting about all your pre-wedding jitters, while simultaneously transforming you into a gorgeous goddess for your big day. I definitely would recommend booking with Russell for your wedding day!

Sent on 11/13/2018

1makeupman's reply:

Kerri, thank you again to both you and Paul for allowing my team and I to be a part of your beautiful wedding day! I felt so lucky to be back at the venue to see you all taking your pictures before the ceremony! I’m ever so happy that your mom trusted us and now has a new outlook on makeup! :) Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review, I truly appreciate it. Congratulations again! -Russell
  • Jordan

Jordan · Married on 10/13/2018

Makeup for my wedding!

Russel was booked for my specific wedding date, so he put me in the hands of one of his most trusted make up artists, Sarah. She was amazing!! She made everyone feel so beautiful and she completed my make up the exact way I wanted it. I don’t wear makeup ever, so I didn’t want it to look too caked on and it never did! I would ABSOLUTELY recommend Russel and Sarah to anyone!!

Sent on 01/05/2019
    1makeupman 20

1makeupman's reply:

Jordan, thank you so much for trusting me when I wasn’t personally available for your wedding day with Sarah. I had not doubt that she would be a great fit for you! Nothing makes me happier than a happy bride! :) I will forward this to Sarah and share your praise! Thank you for such a supportive review and congratulations! -Russell

Katelyn · Married on 10/12/2018

Wedding Makeup

I hired Russel to do makeup for my wedding on October 12. I found him while searching through Wedding Wire. I found his Instagram and I just knew I had to book him! He is so great at what he does. He brings a relaxed and fun atmosphere with him on the day of your wedding. When I met him for the first time I was blown away by how fun and energetic he is! It’s so contagious. On my wedding day, Russel did an amazing job and made me feel so beautiful. I HIGHLY recommend him for your special day.

Katherine · Married on 10/07/2018

Russell and his staff are a complete package. They went above and beyond our expectations. We had two in the wedding party that at the last minute decided to have their makeup done. Russell's response, that was the least of their problems and did not hesitate to do their makeup. Russell and Ashleigh are amazing makeup artists. Our hair stylists were Jess and Madison, can't say enough how beautifully they styled our hair. We all received compliments from the guests. I highly recommend Russell and his staff they are very personable and professional. I have included a picture of my hair done by Madison. Thank you, Russell, Ashleigh, Jess and Madison for making the wedding extra special. Katherine, Mother of the Groom

Sent on 10/11/2018
    1makeupman 21

1makeupman's reply:

Katherine! When you first reached out to me regarding the unfortunate part of your previous company cancellation, I wanted to ensure that you would not go through that again. My team and I appreciated your trust and confidence for your daughter in law and sons special day! Congratulations to them both! Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us again for any of your makeup and hair occasions! Thanks again! -Russell