50 Reviews for 1899 Farmhouse

Covered Outdoor (1)
Bridal Suite (1)
Shuttle (1)
50 1899 Farmhouse Reviews

The venue was absolutely great and Shea and Robert the owners were great as well super understanding, and they made sure everything went perfect on there end of my wedding day!

Profile Picture Abigail, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cater many events at the Farmhouse and Richard & Shea Lyn are always there to greet us and make sure everything is all setup and ready to go when we arrive for setup. The venue is really easy to work at with no complicated entrances or exits for unloading. We can pull right up to the door to unload. Richard & Shea Lyn are always checking in with us during the events to make sure we have everything that we need to make sure we can do our job properly. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for the rustic charm venue, it is simply perfect.

Profile Picture Kaitlin, 11/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue

We found 1899 about two weeks after getting engaged, and it was the first choice we made in our planning process. They go above and beyond to make sure you're happy in the days leading up to your wedding, and on the day of everything went smoothly. My planner mentioned multiple times that she was excited to recommend the venue to future clients. At a bridal expo, multiple vendors told me that the Stegers are "just the nicest people you will meet in this business," and I believe it.

We knew we wanted food trucks at our wedding, which was surprisingly difficult to do in the Dallas area. But Shea Lyn immediately let us know that they'd done it before, and even showed us pictures of how the setup would work. Besides booking the bar service with them (which we were happy to do, and which turned out perfectly!), they did not require that you book any particular vendors, or charge a penalty if you didn't choose their preferred vendors.

Being the first of our friends to get married meant we didn't always know what to ask and what to look for, so I was grateful that no one ever got tired of my emails full of (possibly) silly questions, or the multiple visits we made to take measurements and photos. I was worried the look might be too "rustic" for what I wanted, but with decorations we were able to customize the space for our needs. That said, if you're going for that "country chic" look, then 1899 Farmhouse would be perfect for you.

Our wedding was amazing for so many reasons, but 1899 Farmhouse was the foundation of the entire day, and we couldn't have asked for more.

Profile Picture A, 10/21/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing vendor. So willing to work with you on scheduling visits and always responding in a timely manor. Will definitely recommend it to anyone getting married!

Profile Picture Aaron, 10/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

absolutely loved the 1899 Farmhouse...from the well maintained lawns to the country vibe, white picket fences, beautiful shade from the big trees etc... it rained on the morning of our wedding day and Richard had given us several options to choose from the day before as alternatives - long story short, our plan B (area in front of the house by the road) turned out to be the most beautiful of them all. our pictures are so colorful due to the green grass and the clouds and the trees on the background...etc...i would absolutely recommend this venue to anyone and enjoyed working with Shea and Richard.

Profile Picture miriam, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Southern Celebrations loves working at the 1899 Farmhouse and really enjoy the owners Richard and Shea and their team. They are very knowledgeable and helpful. They continue to work hard on the property year around to keep it looking immaculate for your wedding day and there are several unique ceremony sites for you to choose from. They have ample parking, built in bar area and bridal/groom suites on site. I would definitely recommend this venue to all of my future brides!

Profile Picture Mindy, 5/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Shea Lyn and Richard are the BEST! They work so hard to make sure that every wedding is as perfect as can be, and treat every wedding as if it were the first!
The 1899 Farmhouse is a family owned and operated venue and the Steger family works together to provide the most excellent service to their Brides and Grooms in every way!
If you are looking for a beautiful country setting and a venue that is versatile and can accommodate your wedding or special event look no further!
The 1899 Farmhouse is a beautiful and unique wedding venue that offers the rustic charm , country feel and organic natural setting to make your wedding everything you want it to be and more!

Profile Picture Cassey, 10/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This is a great venue! The owners were very nice and helped us a lot! Such a cute venue if you are wanting an outside wedding and reception! I would definitely use this venue again if I had to go back in time and do it again!

Profile Picture Britney, 3/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I knew the second we saw this venue that this is where we wanted to get married! The owners are very kind and help make your day perfect!!

Profile Picture Niki, 3/6/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Parking, Bridal Suite, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor

I stumbled across the 1899 Farmhouse in my internet searches for a venue. At the time, they were running a special, and we were able to get 25% off the list price. We did not have time to visit before booking, so we based our opinion on photos, reviews, and interactions with Shea Lyn. I'm glad we went with our gut feelings because we absolutely loved the farmhouse!! It is run by a husband and wife team, and they were easy to work with. They were always positive and quick to answer questions. They were both there on the day of the wedding. The venue is absolutely lovely! Our ceremony was under the trees in the front yard. It was lush and green. They setup the chairs and tables and provide the linens. Except for the bartender, you are able to pick your own vendors. If you are considering an outdoor wedding, I would highly recommend the farmhouse.

Profile Picture Laurie, 5/3/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I love this venue!!! We were looking for a beautiful outdoor/indoor venue that did not have a corporate manufactured feel and the 1899 Farmhouse fit the vision perfectly. It feels like you are having your wedding at home! So sweet and charming and just beautiful. The owners are such a dream to work. So friendly and professional. You really the sense that they really care on a personal level about the success of your day. They worked very hard to make sure that everything went exactly they way we wanted. The price is great especially considering how much you get for the price!
Love them!!!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 3/21/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I absolutely love this place! beautiful location and amazing owners.
there are many options of location on the property and vendors around the area. i also had my bridals taken here for free since i was having my wedding there. the are is nice a quiet since it is away from any major towns and very easy to find.

Profile Picture michelle, 10/4/14, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We couldn't have been more pleased with this venue. Our guests were amazed at how beautiful it was and with the expansive grounds, there was plenty to do. We wanted to use the grounds fully so we brought in tailgating games and a snow cone machine and it was a total hit. Richard and Shea Lynn are wonderful people to work with and it's special knowing they are fulfilling God's calling on their life through their family business. There are many places to choose from at the Farmhouse to hold the ceremony and the pavillion is perfect for the reception. Thanks again!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/14/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had our wedding at 1899 Farmhouse a couple of weeks ago. Right from the beginning Shea Lyn and Richard were great to work with! Very organized and professional and so quick to respond to questions and email. We knew an outdoor wedding in September was a risk. Expecting 100 degrees and sunny we got 75 and rainy. They were so flexible the day of, setting up indoor and outdoor just in case. The rain stopped at the last minute and we had a beautiful ceremony outdoors. I know it was a lot of work but they made it seem seamless. They were great to work with our vendors and anything we wanted. Highly recommend them! Great value for the price, easy to work with, and such a beautiful location!

Profile Picture Amber , 9/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Beautiful farm for any rustic/country wedding. 3 different locations for your wedding to choose from. I had 200-210 guests and managed to accommodate all of them. It was gorgeous and clean. The bridal suite was large and comfortable. The grooms suite had a flat screen and cable.

Profile Picture Saundra, 6/21/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music

Beautiful venue. Very nice couple who owns it. Over-the-top pleased with our experience.

Profile Picture Annie, 5/24/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

1899 Farmhouse was the perfect venue! It was so wonderful having our ceremony and reception all at the same place. The owners were so wonderful with helping us and answering all of our questions!!! They made sure everything went perfectly. I used the DJ and officiant from their referrals, and they were fabulous as well. If you want the perfect wedding, 1899 Farmhouse is the place to go!!!

Profile Picture Kristin, 11/30/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved this place. It is beautiful and the staff were great to work with. Our guests are still raving about how beautiful it was out there. Thank you! We highly recommend 1899 Farmhouse!

Profile Picture Ashly, 10/20/13, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Loved EVERYTHING about having my wedding at the Farmhouse! It was perfect, Shay Lynn and Richard were so helpful and accommodating!

Profile Picture Alexis, 6/22/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Shae Lynn and Richard were awesome to work with. All the way up to the day of the wedding, their response time was super fast and they were very helpful. The venue was GORGEOUS and we are so glad we chose them to work with.

Profile Picture Jackie, 5/18/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

1899 Farmhouse was exactly what we were looking for- the owners have thought of EVERYTHING. Such a pretty and well kept venue. GREAT for PHOTOS too.

Profile Picture User2806896, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This was a wonderful venue for my daughter's wedding. It was an evening wedding and the 1899 Farmhouse was spectacular at night. We were lucky enough to have perfect weather which made the vows at the outdoor gazebo at sunset feel almost magical. All in all, a perfect evening.

Profile Picture Robert, 10/19/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Steger Family has made 1899 Farmhouse their home, not just their business. As a result, the grounds and pavilion have been cared for with great detail. Our ceremony was on the front lawn with trees lit (by them!) and followed into the reception pavilion. They were easy to work with, flexible and reasonable!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Sara, 7/20/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We can not even begin to express just how beautiful this venue is... Everytime I would go out there i would tear up and get the goosebumps, it is absolutely breath taking..... Shea Lyn and Richard are just amazing... I can not say enough good things about them. They truely are doing this for all of the right reasons, they go out of their way to help in any way possible. I lost my mother 2 1/2 years ago and we got married on her birthday and Shea Lyn was so comforting and supportive!!!! Richard and Shea Lyn were very hospitable and made sure to put the finishing touches on the few little things that we wanted, that naturally we forgot ;-) thank goodness they didnt ;-) I am very grateful for the two of them for helping us with the wedding of our dreams!!!!!!
Heidi & Alex