128 South Reviews

128 South 6
128 South 7
  • trishnsb

Trish · Getting married on 05/16/2020

From the moment my husband and I walked into 128 South, we felt like we were visiting family. We felt comfortable and at ease from the initial planning stages to the food tasting to the ceremony and reception. Every single aspect was handled courteously and professionally. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was. We highly recommend 128 South to anyone seeking a truly wonderful wedding experience. Our relationship with the staff at 128 South didn't end the morning after the reception as we left Stemmerman's Inn. We expect it to continue for a long time to come. Thanks ever so much JJ, Mira, Christie, Brian, and the rest of the staff at 128 South.

Sent on 03/26/2012
  • Sandy

Sandy Culver Wuensch · Getting married on 11/05/2019

rescued wedding

Hurricane Florence destroyed the original wedding venue, then we lost my son, the brides brother, with only 4 months to go till the wedding date (invitations were already sent out). We found 128 and talked with Katie (as best we could through tears), She accepted this impossible mission and took care of everything from there. The event was amazing, the venue beautiful and did I mention how amazing our wedding planner Katie was? She was picking up all the loose ends, making sure everyone was fed, happy and details were taken care of. She and her staff turned our hopes into reality. Despite all our heartache, Katie turned our chaos into a magical event. Thank you 128 and our amazing wedding planner Katie!

Sent on 06/03/2019
    128 South 8

Mary · Married on 06/07/2019

128 South was a total DREAM!

I had the most wonderful experience with 128 South. I am a full time law student and truly did not have time to plan a wedding. Thank goodness for Katie. She helped me from day one, until after the wedding concluded. Actually! She helped us hike our wedding gifts up to our hotel and even the morning after the wedding helped us retrieve items we had lost on our own. 128 South makes your wedding day about you. I appreciated that most. There are so many opinions going around, and so many family members ... but never once was our day about anyone but us. The food was impeccable and the alcohol was served professionally and fast. My guests never found themselves waiting in line for a drink. Do yourself a favor and have your wedding here. I can’t express how much joy our wedding brought us, and I know choosing 128 south was a huge part of what brought us that joy.

Sent on 07/10/2019
    128 South 21
    128 South 22

Ashley · Married on 05/31/2019

The absolute best!

There is no way possible we could ever repay Katie & the 128 South team! My goodness, they were a gem to work with. As out-of-town brides, we didn't have a clue where to begin, but with Katie as our day-of-coordinator we always felt in good hands. Jordan & Katie were always so professional and also realistic with us. We never felt like we couldn't ask even the silliest of questions. Our guests raved about the food (Charleston Touch) and the service everyone was provided. We both come from a long line of personalities and the 128 South made both families feel at home. Do not miss out on the opportunity to work with these professionals. You won't regret it!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Karen

Karen Mechler · Married on 05/20/2019

The Perfect Charming Venue

We LOVED our wedding at 128 South. We only had a 5 month engagement, and our coordinator (Katie from 128 South) was super responsive and helped make everything happen with ease. The venue itself is so charming. Our guest list was only 70 people and it felt like the perfect, intimate size. The brick, white banisters, stained glass, and stunning chandeliers allowed us to keep decor to a minimum. It's already beautiful!! Thanks, 128 South!

Sent on 06/24/2019
    128 South 27
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing Staff

The venue was absolutely beautiful the food was amazing and the staff was very involved to ensure my husband and I were happy and had a good time.

Sent on 05/12/2019

Holly · Married on 05/10/2019

The Perfect Wedding Venue!

We LOVED having our wedding at 128 South. The venue is absolutely beautiful, inside and outside on the deck. The views from the deck are perfect. The staff at 128 really helped to make our big day so special! They were on top of everything the day of the wedding but they also kept in touch with us during the wedding planning process! They didn’t mind at all anytime that we had a question and they helped us find all of our other vendors! The food that 128 catering provided was excellent and we received a lot of compliments about their food! We would recommend anyone to have a wedding here!

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Joshua

Joshua Michael Mohundro · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful Wedding

We used 128 south for our reception venue. They were great, the venue was perfect and beautiful. The weather was fantastic, and the layout was perfect for the 100 guest we had. All of our guest keep complimenting how great everything was. The food is FANTASTIC as well. The staff was more than helpful with our 800 questions that i'm sure there was more than one we asked again even after we got an answer because of wedding brain.

Sent on 05/25/2019

Brie · Married on 05/03/2019

The perfect venue!!

We loved having our wedding at 128 south. This venue is so beautiful and Katie is very helpful with pre wedding meetings and planning. We did ceremony outside, dinner inside and dancing outside and it was absolutely perfect!! We got to have great pictures on the river walk and throughout downtown. Also great location for our out of town guests to enjoy beautiful downtown!!

Sent on 06/08/2019
    128 South 28

Macy · Married on 05/02/2019

The perfect wedding venue

My fiancé and I originally picked this venue because of its charming character, and it did not disappoint! The staff was so friendly and was very accommodating to our wishes.

Sent on 05/28/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine · Married on 03/30/2019

128 South is magnificent

From beginning to end, 128 South was a perfect venue for my daughter's wedding. They were responsive, patient and understanding when our guest count far exceeded our estimate. The food is amazing and the fact that our daughter chose a "southern" menu did not stump them at all. The food was delicious, elegantly presented and beyond expectation. The staff is friendly and they anticipated every problem. They worked well with our planner and between the two, I never worried about one item. I felt our guests were treated to a great experience. Thank you, 128 South for making Hillary's and Andrew's big day so special.

Sent on 04/07/2019
  • Cynthia

Cynthia · Married on 10/12/2018

Loved 128 South as our Venue!

128 South is a beautiful, historic venue in a great location with great food, views and staff! Jordan, Katie, and the entire staff were a pleasure to work with and answered all of our questions in a timely manner. We even had to change ceremony locations (due to the impact of Hurricane Florence,) and they gladly worked with us to accommodate our ceremony there. The food at our cocktail hour and reception was delicious as well, and the bartenders willingly made our somewhat unique speciality cocktails. We loved every minute of our wedding at 128 South and would highly recommend it if you're looking for something a bit more unique and historical! Thank you, 128!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Natasha · Married on 09/15/2018

128 did not disappoint, we had been planning our wedding from California before even stepping foot in the venue, and they really turned the event space into everything we dreamed it to be. Katie and Jordan were very responsive, even through hurricane Florence! This venue is super elegant and classy, and provided enough space for 140 guests between the inside and back deck. The food was exceptional, as well as the service. Thank you 128 for making our day perfect!

Sent on 10/09/2018
    128 South 29
    128 South 30
    128 South 31
    128 South 32
    128 South 33

Caroline · Married on 04/15/2018

Love this venue! They worked with us from day one to make sure my vision was enacted, and were so genuine in their excitement for us that day. They even made sure my husband and I ate (which trust me, isn't an easy feat on your wedding day) and the food was AMAZINGGGGG. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for the perfect place to say "I do"!

Sent on 04/17/2018

Maura · Married on 03/30/2018

128 South has it all! From the accommodating staff to the gorgeous decor! Chere is absolutely amazing and will do anything for you!!!

Sent on 04/07/2018

Eryn · Married on 11/17/2017

We were the couple that wanted to keep our wedding economical and were on the fence about having a wedding planner. BUT, I cannot imagine our wedding without Chere and all those that made our wedding absolutely perfect! Their advise and services are invaluable and we cannot thank them enough for making our day stress free and flow so smoothly! I remember walking up the stairs to the deck for the ceremony and just being blown away! You all are amazing!

Sent on 12/15/2017
    128 South 34

Stephanie · Married on 10/14/2017

What a beautiful venue!! We had our ceremony and reception here and everything went perfectly!! This location was full of historic charm inside and out with awesome views from the deck. The look inside didn't require much help with decor to help set the mood! Katie Swain, our day of coordinator, was absolutely amazing. She was awesome throughout the entire process! She was super responsive, full of great ideas and on our big day she kept everything running smoothly from start to finish! The food was delicious and beautifully presented. Many of our guests commented that it was some of the best they have had at any of the weddings they had attended before. The staff was great, very courteous and professional! I can't say enough positive things about 128 South! Best experience ever!! - Stephanie and Jeremy Lee

Sent on 11/21/2017
    128 South 35
    128 South 36
    128 South 37
    128 South 38
    128 South 39

Elaina · Married on 10/13/2017

The team at 128 South is so incredibly amazing! From their professionalism and friendliness, to their attention to detail, to the fact that they always provided a solution to my every request... it is safe to say the team made my wedding day an absolute dream! Even now, six months after my big day, all our friends and family continue to comment on how great of a celebration it was. 128 South is a dream of a venue and I would highly recommend the venue to any bride looking to be wed in downtown Wilmington, NC.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Becca · Married on 09/29/2017

We had our reception at 128 South and could not have been happier. The whole team at 128 South was so helpful and incredibly responsive. I had a lot of questions as we were planning everything, and they were so patient with me. They offered great recommendations for other vendors in the area, and you can tell they have great connections with the overall wedding industry in Wilmington. They basically have everything down to a science and made it incredibly easy for us to plan the wedding, and it all went incredibly smooth the night of the reception. We also loved that they offered food and beverage services versus having to search for a different caterer. They have great bar packages, and their food is fantastic. We had a lot of guests tell us that it was some of the best wedding food they have ever had! We held our cocktail hour on the back patio, moved inside for dinner and speeches, and then back out to the patio for dancing/rest of the night, which seemed to flow really well with the different spaces. Our guests loved the patio area – it offers beautiful views to the river, and the built in benches offered a huge plus for different areas for people to visit and congregate. The inside doesn’t require a whole lot either with the brick and stained glass windows, so the building offers a lot of character without having to add a lot of decorations to it. Everyone that worked the reception was so sweet and friendly. You will not be disappointed if you choose 128 South!

Sent on 11/05/2017

Emily · Married on 09/15/2017

Honestly cannot say enough good things about 128 South! The venue itself is so unique and beautiful-the deck is my absolute favorite! On top of that, all of the staff that we worked with were amazing-Chere was our day of coordinator and she was just the best. The whole wedding planning experience was wonderful and our wedding was perfect!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Kat · Married on 07/14/2017

My husband and I had our reception at 128 South and we had such an amazing experience! Our guests had the time of their lives and raved about the unique beauty of the venue and the delicious food. We worked with Chere and Jordan throughout the process and they were wonderful! They were very understanding, patient and responsive and ultimately helped create such an unforgettable reception for us. The bartenders and wait staff that worked at our reception were also very professional, helpful and attentive. Our reception was everything we could have ever hoped for and more!

Sent on 07/25/2017

Laura · Married on 06/23/2017

Great experience! Beautiful venue. Katie, the day of coordinator was amazing. The food was delicious, many of my guests couldn't stop raving about it!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Claire · Married on 06/17/2017

I was able to have my dream wedding at 128 South. The venue itself is already beautiful, but any added decor makes it even more stunning. The size of the building was perfect for my wedding of about 90 people. Everyone was so friendly working that night, and were extremely efficient. I would recommend this venue for anyone for their special event!

Sent on 06/30/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/09/2017

Our wedding was more than perfect at 128. We decided to have a coordinator which was an extra charge but well worth it!!! All of the staff was truly amazing day of our wedding. All of our guest had a wonderful time. Everything went as planned. The food is the main reason in why we decided with this venue. It was by far 5 star service. My husband and I are already talking about if we ever renew our vows it would be back at 128.

Sent on 06/29/2017