128 South Reviews

201 | Wilmington, NC

201 Reviews for 128 South

Tammy Davis · Married on 09/05/2020

So beautiful and the staff were wonderful

Had our daughters wedding here and it was just amazing, everything flowed so smoothly and they went above and beyond to make everything perfect!!!

Sent on 09/22/2020
  • Allyson

Allyson Underwood · Married on 07/24/2020

Great experience!

128 South made our wedding happen despite all of the craziness that comes with COVID-19!

Sent on 08/15/2020

128 South's reply:

Hi Allyson! We are so grateful to have been a part of your special day (regardless of Covid-19). We wish you all the best!
  • Margaret

Margaret Robbins · Married on 07/10/2020

Perfect Wedding Venue

Truth be told, I actually booked 128 South sight unseen since I was traveling from Pennsylvania for our wedding, and it was the best decision I could have made! I could not have been happier with the way my wedding at 128 South turned out! Katie and Jordan and the team at 128 South were incredible to work with throughout the whole wedding process, especially in the middle of COVID-19. They were so flexible and accommodating and put me so at ease in the midst of all the uncertainly surrounding our wedding day. They truly wanted to make my wedding day the best possible day that it could be. The venue is gorgeous and was absolutely perfect for my intimate gathering! The food was amazing, and all the staff were so professional and helpful! The theme of my wedding was simply elegant, and that is truly what 128 South was. You will not regret booking this venue!! They helped to make my wedding truly the best day of my life!!

Sent on 08/26/2020

128 South's reply:

Hello Margaret, Thank you for sharing your experience with 128 South. We are so pleased to hear that your wedding was "truly the best day" of your life. We wish you years of joy and happiness together!
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Regan · Married on 06/20/2020

Amazing experience

We had such a good experience working with Katie (the wedding coordinator) and the crew at Bakery 105/128 South. We had our wedding set and planned out and then the Covid-19 pandemic hit. Katie did such a great job working through countless variations of what the day would look like with us, trying to figure out what would be allowed during all of the restrictions, while still trying to have our dream wedding. She more than succeeded our day at 128 South was perfect! The food was amazing, as were the bartenders and staff that worked at the event. Katie more than exceeded our expectations as a planner during the whole process, but especially the day of, she took care of so many things that we didn't even think about- her attention to detail is top notch! I would highly recommend Bakery 105/128 South and would work with them again.

Sent on 07/08/2020

128 South's reply:

Hi Caitlin! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with our company. Our team works very hard from beginning to end to ensure your special event is truly a memorable one (pandemic or not)! And, no doubt, Katie is our MVP! We wish you all the best as you start your new chapter! Best, The Bakery 105/128 South Team

Schae Cox · Married on 06/10/2020

Highly Recommend

128 South was the perfect venue for our wedding. The view overlooking the riverwalk downtown made for a beautiful ceremony and beautiful pictures. The bridal cottage was perfect and so convenient for myself and my a bridal party to get ready. My wedding coordinator Katie made sure to accommodate all of our needs. She created the exact vision for my wedding. I highly recommend 128 South!

Sent on 10/29/2019
  • Allyson

Allyson · Married on 06/06/2020

Beautiful wedding venue

So much of me wishes that we got to experience this venue to its fullest potential but the pandemic had other plans. I will say that the venue was far more perfect on our wedding day then I thought it would be during this time. Magnificent venue for love.

Sent on 08/31/2020

128 South's reply:

Hi Allyson! Thank you for sharing your experience. We are both grateful and honored that you continued to entrust us with your special day in spite of the pandemic's impact. We wishing you both all the best from the 128 South Team!
  • trishnsb

Trish · Married on 05/16/2020

From the moment my husband and I walked into 128 South, we felt like we were visiting family. We felt comfortable and at ease from the initial planning stages to the food tasting to the ceremony and reception. Every single aspect was handled courteously and professionally. All of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was. We highly recommend 128 South to anyone seeking a truly wonderful wedding experience. Our relationship with the staff at 128 South didn't end the morning after the reception as we left Stemmerman's Inn. We expect it to continue for a long time to come. Thanks ever so much JJ, Mira, Christie, Brian, and the rest of the staff at 128 South.

Sent on 03/26/2012

Joe Baker · Married on 05/09/2020

Professional, Flexible, Great Venues, Could not have been better

128 South and Bakery 105’s owners and staff could not have been better. The venue was perfect, the food was excellent (guests are still talking about it a month later) and did I mention the owners/staff are awesome?

We originally booked bakery 105 and loved the space. Then Covid-19 hit and things went completely off course. There were so many twists and turns there isn’t enough space here to write, but the owners/staff did an amazing job and stayed with us through date changes and Covid restrictions. Their flexibility and professionalism saved our event and turned it into the dream we all had. We ended up at 128 South and had a perfect wedding.

The space is intimate and beautifully done. Outdoor patio overlooking the river and battleship was a perfect backdrop. Would highly recommend either Bakery 105 or 128 South.

Sent on 09/06/2020
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 05/09/2020

Our "Perfect" Day

Where do I start? There aren't enough positive things I can say about 128 South and its team. Our original wedding was 5/9 at Bakery 105 (their sister site). We had to postpone because of COVID-19 so Mira and team worked with us to find a new date that fit with all our vendors. We thought we were all set, but the pandemic had other ideas. Bakery 105 was still closed and the limit on gatherings meant we had to reduce our guest list substantially. Mira worked with us to move our event to 128 South,
    and she worked with our vendors to make sure everything ran smoothly. We were *finally* married on July 31st, in a small ceremony at 128 South. It was wonderful down to the very last detail. I honestly can't thank 128 enough for making our day special. After all the cancellations and postponements and menu changes, it came together perfectly. We will always remember our big day and how much 128 South helped us make it happen. PS: Rent the cottage if it's available!

Sent on 09/06/2020
  • Victoria

Victoria Castor · Married on 04/11/2020

November wedding

Excellent staff, highly professional and incredibly caring - they made our daughter's wedding everything we could hope for and I would highly recommend them to anyone planning a wedding and want to have the utmost confidence in their choice of venues.

Sent on 11/27/2019
  • Jeri

Jeri · Married on 01/17/2020

Katie was my fairy Godmother!

From start to finish my experience with 128 South was unflawed. They were so responsive, so helpful, and genuinely so excited for Alec and I. The venue is absolutley BEAUTIFUL and all our guests kept raving on how delicious the food was. My best decision was hiring Katie as our day of coordinator. She was MADE for this job! Anything I asked or needed she went above and beyond to take care of. 128 South made all my wedding dreams come true!

Sent on 02/15/2020

Deidra Penney · Married on 11/10/2019

November Wedding

128 South was perfect for our wedding of about 90 people! It's already a beautiful venue so it doesn't require much to dress it up. Everyone we worked with was always very friendly, responsive, and flexible with any request that we made. And the food was fantastic! The only thing to bear in mind during planning is that the outdoor deck is not ADA accessible, so have a plan if you have guests with mobility challenges. Can't say enough nice things, would definitely recommend them!

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Sandy

Sandy Culver Wuensch · Married on 11/05/2019

rescued wedding

Hurricane Florence destroyed the original wedding venue, then we lost my son, the brides brother, with only 4 months to go till the wedding date (invitations were already sent out). We found 128 and talked with Katie (as best we could through tears), She accepted this impossible mission and took care of everything from there. The event was amazing, the venue beautiful and did I mention how amazing our wedding planner Katie was? She was picking up all the loose ends, making sure everyone was fed, happy and details were taken care of. She and her staff turned our hopes into reality. Despite all our heartache, Katie turned our chaos into a magical event. Thank you 128 and our amazing wedding planner Katie!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/27/2019

Better than we could have imagined

I'm not even sure where to start about our great experience with 128 South. We booked them initially because of the beauty of the venue. Its historic elements and vibes were exactly what we wanted and minimized the amount of decorations we needed to add. They were even more beautiful in the evening during our reception seeing the sun come through the windows and shine off the stained glass. We also loved that 128 South does its own catering. While some people may not prefer this, it was perfect for us because we didn't have to worry about reaching out to other caterers (yay, less wedding stress), AND the food was AMAZING!! Y'all, seriously I just want to eat there regularly it was so good. Katie and Jordan, our coordinators at 128, were extremely helpful and there whenever we needed them whether through phone or email, for questions and concerns big or small. And perhaps the best part was that on the wedding day I didn't have to worry about a thing. Literally, they had it all handled, and their impeccable planning of the flow and prep for the day were seamless. Everyone told me before the wedding "something will go wrong-big or small-just accept it and move on", but NOTHING went wrong, and I truly believe it was because of the great team at 128 South. Couldn't have imagined a better venue or team to help us on the best day of our lives.

Sent on 11/21/2019

Holly Garriss · Married on 09/14/2019

Wonderful experience!

Katie and the 128 South staff went above and beyond not just the day of our wedding, but throughout the entire planning process. Everything went perfectly and I would highly recommend 128 South!!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Emily · Married on 08/03/2019

My perfect wedding

128 South was a dream come true! It is a perfect venue for a wedding. The whole process was so easy. Katie is absolutely amazing, she made my wedding stress free and enjoyable the entire evening and the entire planning process. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 08/29/2019

Mary · Married on 06/07/2019

128 South was a total DREAM!

I had the most wonderful experience with 128 South. I am a full time law student and truly did not have time to plan a wedding. Thank goodness for Katie. She helped me from day one, until after the wedding concluded. Actually! She helped us hike our wedding gifts up to our hotel and even the morning after the wedding helped us retrieve items we had lost on our own. 128 South makes your wedding day about you. I appreciated that most. There are so many opinions going around, and so many family members ... but never once was our day about anyone but us. The food was impeccable and the alcohol was served professionally and fast. My guests never found themselves waiting in line for a drink. Do yourself a favor and have your wedding here. I can’t express how much joy our wedding brought us, and I know choosing 128 south was a huge part of what brought us that joy.

Sent on 07/10/2019

Ashley · Married on 05/31/2019

The absolute best!

There is no way possible we could ever repay Katie & the 128 South team! My goodness, they were a gem to work with. As out-of-town brides, we didn't have a clue where to begin, but with Katie as our day-of-coordinator we always felt in good hands. Jordan & Katie were always so professional and also realistic with us. We never felt like we couldn't ask even the silliest of questions. Our guests raved about the food (Charleston Touch) and the service everyone was provided. We both come from a long line of personalities and the 128 South made both families feel at home. Do not miss out on the opportunity to work with these professionals. You won't regret it!

Sent on 06/03/2019
  • Karen

Karen Mechler · Married on 05/20/2019

The Perfect Charming Venue

We LOVED our wedding at 128 South. We only had a 5 month engagement, and our coordinator (Katie from 128 South) was super responsive and helped make everything happen with ease. The venue itself is so charming. Our guest list was only 70 people and it felt like the perfect, intimate size. The brick, white banisters, stained glass, and stunning chandeliers allowed us to keep decor to a minimum. It's already beautiful!! Thanks, 128 South!

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 05/11/2019

Amazing Staff

The venue was absolutely beautiful the food was amazing and the staff was very involved to ensure my husband and I were happy and had a good time.

Sent on 05/12/2019

Holly · Married on 05/10/2019

The Perfect Wedding Venue!

We LOVED having our wedding at 128 South. The venue is absolutely beautiful, inside and outside on the deck. The views from the deck are perfect. The staff at 128 really helped to make our big day so special! They were on top of everything the day of the wedding but they also kept in touch with us during the wedding planning process! They didn’t mind at all anytime that we had a question and they helped us find all of our other vendors! The food that 128 catering provided was excellent and we received a lot of compliments about their food! We would recommend anyone to have a wedding here!

Sent on 05/27/2019
  • Joshua

Joshua Michael Mohundro · Married on 05/04/2019

Beautiful Wedding

We used 128 south for our reception venue. They were great, the venue was perfect and beautiful. The weather was fantastic, and the layout was perfect for the 100 guest we had. All of our guest keep complimenting how great everything was. The food is FANTASTIC as well. The staff was more than helpful with our 800 questions that i'm sure there was more than one we asked again even after we got an answer because of wedding brain.

Sent on 05/25/2019

Brie · Married on 05/03/2019

The perfect venue!!

We loved having our wedding at 128 south. This venue is so beautiful and Katie is very helpful with pre wedding meetings and planning. We did ceremony outside, dinner inside and dancing outside and it was absolutely perfect!! We got to have great pictures on the river walk and throughout downtown. Also great location for our out of town guests to enjoy beautiful downtown!!

Sent on 06/08/2019

Macy · Married on 05/02/2019

The perfect wedding venue

My fiancé and I originally picked this venue because of its charming character, and it did not disappoint! The staff was so friendly and was very accommodating to our wishes.

Sent on 05/28/2019

Amanda · Married on 04/12/2019

No decorations needed for a venue this beautiful

All of my guests were so impressed with the venue. 128 staff were more than accommodating and helpful! Katie, part of 128 South's coordinating team was AMAZING. She is very skilled at what she does, and had an answer for my 1,000 questions! I planned the wedding remotely and could not have done it without Katie's help!

We rented The Cottage and room 7 at Stimmerman's Inn for the bridal party to get ready in! Both locations made for beautifully light pictures and video!

I think I fell in love with 128 South more than I did my wedding dress!

Sent on 05/02/2019