128 South Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner

Taryn Married on 05/01/2022

Highly Recommend!

Everyone we worked with at 128 was AMAZING! They were the best partners I could hope for when planning a wedding! They offered insights and expert opinions on things I wasn't sure about. And rolled with whatever crazy idea I came up with! ha! The customer service was absolutely outstanding! To be honest, I'm a little sad I don't get to work with Katie and Davis anymore now that the wedding is over. Katie was a warm, fun, guiding force throughout the planning process; always quick with a solution to any hiccup! Davis was our Day-of guy and he was brilliant!! I was able to relax and enjoy the party knowing that he had everything in hand! I had not one worry in the world :) His steadfastness even helped to settle my husbands nerves before walking down the aisle! I can't say enough great things about 128 and Davis!
  • Madeline
    Madeline W. Married on 04/16/2022

Stop what you are doing right now and book 128 south!

My husband and I had our wedding at 128 South in March 2022. Y’all, it was BEYOND perfect. 128 South made it so that I could relax, be present, and fully ENJOY my wedding day. I had so much trust in the venue and the team who made my wedding vision come to life.

Katie Swain was our day of coordinator and she was so gracious in helping us navigate a COVID wedding postponement and planning of our big day. She had every minute (literally, every minute) of our ceremony and reception planned - she made sure everyone was where they needed to be at the right time and that everything was placed in just the right spot. Thanks to Katie and Davis, everything flowed seamlessly. I know that they say no wedding is perfect, and of course I’m a bit biased (and might have not noticed any errors because I was Bride-chilla), but I truly believe that our day was flawless. And it could not have happened without the 128 South team.

Katie coordinated all of the details and scheduling between the DJ (shoutout to Shawn Booth from ActiveDJ Entertainment!), florist (Thank you FlowersbySol!), photographer (the talented Erin Taylor Photography) and family participation. What drew us to 128 South was the combination of a historic indoor space with character (those stained glass windows!) and the outdoor deck overlooking the river (perfect for sunset views and a nice breeze when a break is needed from the sweaty dance floor). The location of downtown was SO ideal for guests to walk from local hotels and to continue the party down the street at a local bar after the wedding ended.

Another thing that we loved about 128 South is that the food and alcohol are part of the package (which means less planning!). You can choose from a variety of food packages - we went with the Charleston Touch and received dozens of compliments about the food in particular. We decided on the open bar package which kept guests happy and provided passed champagne for the toasts.

Katie was so responsive, always on top of every detail that we needed, and flexible to facilitate last minute changes that are bound to occur. Davis was amazing as well as was so friendly and kind, a true professional. I can’t imagine the stress of coordinating someone else's’ event, but they were unfazed and ALWAYS, always, met us with a smile and helping hand (whether it be providing us with apps after newly wed photos, helping me with the impossible buttons on my dress to change into the reception party outfit, or making sure I had a drink in my hand).

We can’t say enough good things about this venue and all of the staff that made this perfect day possible! Book it book it! I promise you will not regret it.
    Kaitlin D. Married on 04/16/2022

Wedding venue

128 South is a dream venue, right on the water, and their whole team is amazing! Everyone made sure our special day went exactly to our vision, and the atmosphere can’t be beat! It was amazing to be outside, but never worry about weather with their tented patio. You won’t regret letting 128 host your event!
  • Emerald
    Emerald B. Married on 04/10/2022

Our wedding day was perfect!

128 was a phenomenal venue and the staff was so helpful in planning and in making sure our day went smoothly. The food was delicious and everything was ready to go on schedule!
    Jennifer Married on 03/18/2022

Excellent service from the planning stage and during the event!

128 South staff were always available to answer any questions I had regarding the Rehearsal dinner. The night of the event was more than I could have asked for. The Chef prepared 2 different plated meals which were delicious! Staff was extremely efficient and the service was outstanding. The venue was perfect for a Rehearsal Dinner and Welcome Party afterwards.
    Kyle D. Married on 01/22/2022

Beautiful venue, top notch staff, and delicious food!

The BEST place in Wilmington to host a wedding or event! My husband and I had our wedding here on 1/22/22 and EVERYTHING was far beyond our expectations. The venue itself is such a beautiful historic building. The office staff and the day of catering staff provide top notch service! The food was outstanding - our guests are still talking about how delicious it was!! To the amazing team at 128 South - THANK YOU for making our wedding day the best day ever! To everyone else reading this review stop searching and book this venue ASAP - there is no other venue in Wilmington that even comes close to 128 South!
    Kathy M. Married on 12/10/2021

A Great team to work with!

The staff at South 128, especially Katie and Rueger were fabulous! They were friendly, flexible to changes and pro active in making the day run flawlessly.
    Allyson K. Married on 12/07/2021

Incredible Venue and Food!

128 South is truly amazing! We booked 128 South because the view from the back deck is amazing!! 128 South went above and beyond to make sure our wedding was exactly what we wanted, even in the middle of a pandemic! They were so helpful when we had to move our wedding date and even helped us personalize our menu. We also used the Cottage on Orange Street to get ready in and it was the perfect spot to get pampered on our special day. I cannot say enough incredible things about 128 South!
    Kirsti S. Married on 12/06/2021

128 South made our day that much more amazing.

After losing our original venue only 10 weeks out from our wedding, the 128 South team stepped in and helped us to host an event that our family and friends enjoyed even more than our original plans. They made the planning easy and made suggestions we had not even thought of. Everyone raved about our brunch wedding and the venue was perfect for us. They have great relationships with supporting vendors that helped make our day special and easy. The day of event staff was also so friendly and made our guests feel so welcome . Thank you for a great event start to finish. Kirsti and Michael
    June O. Married on 12/03/2021

Mother of The Groom - Rehearsal Party

We hosted my son's wedding rehearsal party at this venue. Katie Swain is the coordinator I worked with and I can not say enough about how easy she was to plan with. She is very friendly, very professional, and very much on top of things. The venue is a beautiful place. The food was excellent. The staff is unbelievably accommodating. Our party was everything we had hoped for. I highly recommend this venue.
    Emma M. Married on 11/06/2021

Awesome Team of People

We really enjoyed our experience at 128 South! We had our wedding and reception with them. Katie did a great job coordinating everything in a timely manner and the food was fabulous!
    Jackie H. Married on 11/05/2021

Look no further - the PERFECT experience!

Searching for a wedding venue is no easy process and for us, it got SO overwhelming. We selected 128South because we saw so many couples having positive experiences with them, and we had heard raving reviews about the catering. They surpassed every expectation. The food was PHENOMENAL and guests are still talking about it. Katie, Jordan and the team went above and beyond to work with us to make sure we could play around with layouts even though we were not local. Katie would go out and count the number of stairs, measure distance between things - everything to make sure that planning was a breeze. And, to note, this was during the post-COVID wedding boom when I know they were crazy busy. We had about 100 guests at our wedding and although I had some initial concerns about if the space would feel too crowded - none of those concerns turned out to be true. It was the perfect size space and we had both our ceremony and reception on-site. The team worked closely with us to get a tailored menu in-place and ensure we could serve our desired specialty cocktails. Everyone was so flexible, so kind and really made the planning process less stressful than I expected it to be. Day-of, the event staff made sure the day was SO special for us and I can't say enough thanks to the team! 128South will always hold a special place in our hearts and I am SO glad we chose to get married here.
  • Hekele88
    Het. Married on 10/30/2021

Dream wedding venue

Beautiful location, amazing catering, reasonable price, and best of all amazing staff… those are just a few of the highlights from my experience getting married at 128 South. We got married on 10/30/21 and enlisted the help of 128’s Katie as our day of coordinator. We could not be more thrilled with how everything turned out. Katie was so responsive and helpful, always offering advice, ideas and recommendations where we needed it. The river view and deck is seriously awesome too. They allowed us to involve our two dogs in the wedding as well and shout out to 128’s Davis for helping keep them occupied so lovingly befor the ceremony! Highly recommend this venue/caterer for any wedding or special event. Thanks so much again to the 128 South staff!
  • Holly
    Holly M. Married on 10/01/2021

Best day of our lives at the best Venue in Wilmington

WOW where do I even begin? To start, 128 south’s staff is unparalleled. The entire team truly felt like an extension of our family. Katie Swaine was our day of coordinator but that title doesn’t fully capture the magnitude of the role she played for us over the planning process. She is kind, calming, and all around incredible. She was so attentive, always made time for any questions we had, and made our day absolutely perfect. Her day of assistant was also an absolute gem and never missed a beat. We miss the whole team and are just so appreciative of all they did. I would recommend them to literally everyone who wants to have the most dreamy, smoothly operated, historic riverfront wedding!
  • Courtney
    Courtney J. Married on 09/26/2021

Absolutely amazing!

I can't say enough good things about 128 South!!!! Our day was absolutely magical! Jordan took care of every single little detail, she coordinated all of my vendors and they set up and tore down all of my decorations for me. And the food!!! I can't say enough about the food! The venue itself is gorgeous, We had the most beautiful view of the battle ship in the background of our ceremony and reception! Book this venue!
  • Melissa
    Melissa B. Married on 08/27/2021

Amazing venue & team!

128 South was the PERFECT venue. I can't say enough good things about them -- the team is just amazing. Katie was my event planner, and she was the absolute BEST. They made my planning experience seamless and our actual wedding day a dream come true! I highly recommend 128 South!!!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie D. Married on 07/18/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

128 South was the perfect venue. We hired the in house wedding coordinator, Jordan and she was amazing. She kept on top of everything and was super detail oriented.
    The whole staff was helpful and kind to all of our guests. The food was superb and everyone is still talking about it a week later;)
    I would definitely recommend using the bridal cottage! The bridesmaids had so much fun hanging all day with the bride. It was so convenient to get hair and make up done and walk across to the venue. No car ride necessary!
  • Sara
    Sara Married on 06/19/2021
    The whole team at 128 South was great! The food was awesome, the deck was beautiful and they were so helpful through planning and the day of. So happy that we chose 128 for our wedding!
    Jennifer B. Married on 06/12/2021

Magical Wedding Day!

128 South is the most beautiful venue and has great staff!! They created the most special day for my husband and myself. Katie was fabulous to work with and made all our requests and wedding day visions come to life. We are so grateful to be able to have our wedding here. Thank you!!
  • Kianna
    Kianna K. Married on 05/23/2021

Amazing and Stress Free!!

As a Bride planning a wedding during COVID all the way in NYC, I couldn’t have been more pleased with 128 South and Katie (their in house coordinator). They knew all our vendors, handled everything for our big day to our taste and let a stressed Bride catch her breath. Forever grateful that we chose 128 South for our wedding!
    Judy B. Married on 05/15/2021

Mother of Groom

We used 128 South for our son’s rehearsal dinner.
    From the initial visit to the end of our our dinner, Jordan and Katie were there every step of the way. The food prepared by 128 South was fabulous, wonderful wines flowed. Our guests could not say enough about the quality of the food. The florist,linens and bakery were recommended by Katie and Jordan we could not have been happier!
    Lauren M. Married on 05/01/2021

10/10 Recommend!

We fell in love with 128 South the moment we toured it -- such a cool layout, and the river view deck is the best! The team there is such a pleasure and so responsive -- they made wedding planning easy! They were just truly accommodating and we loved everything so much. Not to mention the food is amazing (definitely check out their food tasting!!) Thanks for everything!
  • Courtney
    Courtney H. Married on 04/25/2021

Gorgeous and Budget Friendly

I picked 128 South for the chandeliers and the view of the river. Their team was so helpful and flexible with everything going on with the pandemic. Our guest count went from 150 down to 60 and they changed everything promptly. My wedding was absolutely gorgeous and went off without a hitch! I would highly recommend this beautiful venue
    Ashley H. Married on 04/17/2021

The Most Perfect Venue

This venue is naturally stunning, but the people are what really makes it perfect. Katie is the most amazing coordinator. She went above and beyond. I couldn’t imagine my wedding day without her. She is so kind and hardworking. The rest of the staff was also amazing the night of the wedding. The bartender and servers were always nice to my guests and smiled. The food was delicious. The balcony is the best place for your ceremony. I cannot recommend this place enough. Absolutely gorgeous and complete package.
  • Sarah
    Sarah V. Married on 04/11/2021

Perfect! They took care of everything from ceremony, reception, catering. And made planning so easy. Beautiful venue and delicious food!

Perfect venue perfect location! They took care of everything from bridal suite, to coordinating with outside vendors, to ceremony, to reception, to catering. And made planning so easy. Beautiful venue and delicious food! Super friendly and helpful staff.

128 South's reply:

Sarah - Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with our team! And, thank you for the privilege to be a part of making your wedding a wonderful experience. We wish you all the best!