173 Reviews for 128 South

Liquor License (1)
Signature Drink (1)
Specialty Wine (1)
171 128 South Reviews

Love this venue! They worked with us from day one to make sure my vision was enacted, and were so genuine in their excitement for us that day. They even made sure my husband and I ate (which trust me, isn't an easy feat on your wedding day) and the food was AMAZINGGGGG. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for the perfect place to say "I do"!

Profile Picture Caroline, 4/15/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

128 South has it all! From the accommodating staff to the gorgeous decor! Chere is absolutely amazing and will do anything for you!!!

Profile Picture Maura, 3/30/18, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

I would have to say it very much bothered my husband and I that we had planned to have the reception and ceremony outside, and were unable to have the reception out there due to (in my opinion) the lack of planning on the staff. We all knew it was supposed to snow and I just felt like knowing that, the staff could have taken steps to prevent the deck icing over. We still had to pay for the heaters, tent walls, etc and it was very disappointing because they were very expensive and we only did that because we planned to have both outside. It was nice that they allowed us to have the ceremony outside but that really bothered us. The one complaint my guests had was in regards to the food- they said that it was delicious and they wanted a decent sized portion but the servers were very small. I loved Chere, she was absolutely incredible and helpful and I highly recommend using her. The venue was beautiful.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Jessie, 1/7/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

What a beautiful venue!! We had our ceremony and reception here and everything went perfectly!! This location was full of historic charm inside and out with awesome views from the deck. The look inside didn't require much help with decor to help set the mood! Katie Swain, our day of coordinator, was absolutely amazing. She was awesome throughout the entire process! She was super responsive, full of great ideas and on our big day she kept everything running smoothly from start to finish! The food was delicious and beautifully presented. Many of our guests commented that it was some of the best they have had at any of the weddings they had attended before. The staff was great, very courteous and professional! I can't say enough positive things about 128 South! Best experience ever!! - Stephanie and Jeremy Lee

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/14/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Set Up, Covered Outdoor, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware

The team at 128 South is so incredibly amazing! From their professionalism and friendliness, to their attention to detail, to the fact that they always provided a solution to my every request... it is safe to say the team made my wedding day an absolute dream! Even now, six months after my big day, all our friends and family continue to comment on how great of a celebration it was. 128 South is a dream of a venue and I would highly recommend the venue to any bride looking to be wed in downtown Wilmington, NC.

Profile Picture Elaina, 10/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We had our reception at 128 South and could not have been happier. The whole team at 128 South was so helpful and incredibly responsive. I had a lot of questions as we were planning everything, and they were so patient with me. They offered great recommendations for other vendors in the area, and you can tell they have great connections with the overall wedding industry in Wilmington. They basically have everything down to a science and made it incredibly easy for us to plan the wedding, and it all went incredibly smooth the night of the reception. We also loved that they offered food and beverage services versus having to search for a different caterer. They have great bar packages, and their food is fantastic. We had a lot of guests tell us that it was some of the best wedding food they have ever had! We held our cocktail hour on the back patio, moved inside for dinner and speeches, and then back out to the patio for dancing/rest of the night, which seemed to flow really well with the different spaces. Our guests loved the patio area – it offers beautiful views to the river, and the built in benches offered a huge plus for different areas for people to visit and congregate. The inside doesn’t require a whole lot either with the brick and stained glass windows, so the building offers a lot of character without having to add a lot of decorations to it. Everyone that worked the reception was so sweet and friendly. You will not be disappointed if you choose 128 South!

Profile Picture Becca, 9/29/17, 14 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor

Honestly cannot say enough good things about 128 South! The venue itself is so unique and beautiful-the deck is my absolute favorite! On top of that, all of the staff that we worked with were amazing-Chere was our day of coordinator and she was just the best. The whole wedding planning experience was wonderful and our wedding was perfect!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/15/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I had our reception at 128 South and we had such an amazing experience! Our guests had the time of their lives and raved about the unique beauty of the venue and the delicious food. We worked with Chere and Jordan throughout the process and they were wonderful! They were very understanding, patient and responsive and ultimately helped create such an unforgettable reception for us. The bartenders and wait staff that worked at our reception were also very professional, helpful and attentive. Our reception was everything we could have ever hoped for and more!

Profile Picture Kat, 7/14/17, 13 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Great experience! Beautiful venue. Katie, the day of coordinator was amazing. The food was delicious, many of my guests couldn't stop raving about it!

Profile Picture Laura, 6/23/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

I was able to have my dream wedding at 128 South. The venue itself is already beautiful, but any added decor makes it even more stunning. The size of the building was perfect for my wedding of about 90 people. Everyone was so friendly working that night, and were extremely efficient. I would recommend this venue for anyone for their special event!

Profile Picture Claire, 6/17/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Covered Outdoor

128 South was great! It was the perfect venue for my 80 person reception. The venue is so naturally beautiful that you don't have to decorate much. I had many guests comment on how unique the venue is and how good the food was! They were very organized throughout the whole process and the servers were awesome the day of!! I also really liked that their pricing was "all inclusive" so I didn't have to worry about bringing tip money the day of.

Profile Picture User5238989, 1+ year ago, 15 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Indoor, Clean Up, Set Up, Barware, Flatware, Glassware

Our wedding was more than perfect at 128. We decided to have a coordinator which was an extra charge but well worth it!!! All of the staff was truly amazing day of our wedding. All of our guest had a wonderful time. Everything went as planned. The food is the main reason in why we decided with this venue. It was by far 5 star service. My husband and I are already talking about if we ever renew our vows it would be back at 128.

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/9/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

My husband and I fell in love with 128 South before we even got engaged. Not only is the venue perfect but the entire 128 South team is amazing!! From the bartenders to the wait staff and our awesome day of coordinator Meg Hanson, everything was perfect for our big day! The food was also incredibly yummy and our guests still compliment it. Hands down best venue in Wilmington!

Profile Picture Megan, 5/13/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

128 South made my planning process so smooth and stress-free. All of the employees were very attentive, super friendly, and so understanding with everything!. I really appreciate everyone involved!. My wedding was perfect and 128 had a lot to do with it!. The venue was perfect, the food was outstanding and everyone was prompt.

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/20/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We had our wedding reception at 128 South in April and it far exceeded all of our expectations! Our guests are still talking about how beautiful the space was and about the food!! You will not regret choosing them, and go with their day of coordination services too! Jordan was great, so helpful and incredibly responsive!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding at 128 South was the best wedding-related decision that we made. The
venue itself was perfect for the amount of people that we invited, and with a brick interior
and a mezzanine space above, it didn't require much additional decorating which helped
quite a bit with our budget. Jordan, one of the event planners, helped the whole way and
made things a lot easier and much less stressful. The organization as a whole is very
responsive. Throughout the process we were sending many emails with questions and
concerns and they would usually respond within a day. The food was great and we continue to
have people mention how good it was. The organization seemed to be mindful of our budget
and needs, and definitely ensured that it would be an evening to remember. Thank you 128.

Profile Picture Gilbert, 4/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We chose 128 south as our ceremony and reception venue for our wedding. We fell in love with the venue after seeing it. Chere was our DOC and I couldn't have asked for anyone better to help with our big day. She was fast to get back to me with questions and she was very helpful. I emailed her a lot and asked a lot of questions and she always answered me and helped me out. Our wedding went off without a hitch. The staff did a great job, the food was delicious, and the view was amazing. I highly recommend this venue for your wedding!

Profile Picture Kabrel, 4/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

What a beautiful venue for a wedding. It turned out exactly how we envisioned our special day, in large part thanks to the staff at 128 South! The food was incredible, the coordinators went out of their way to be available for us at all times, and responded very quickly to any of our questions during the process. They were straightforward with the pricing and the end result was no surprises on the final bill, everything was clearly explained. Our guests raved about the food and the incredible beauty of the venue.

Profile Picture Kevin, 3/31/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Jordan as our day-of coordinator was 100% worth it, she was a lifesaver setting up and breaking everything down the day of, and a ton of help us plan during the months leading up to our wedding.

Profile Picture Liz, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

128 South is an excellent venue, as a bride I was stress free since Jordan took over our wedding coordination, she was patient, kind and prepared. This venue is lovely it is not the typical ballroom is a different but very charming and convenient setting that does not require much decoration and has an option of outdoor terrace where we spent most of our evening, another plus is that all the vendors in Wilmington are used to work with 128 South which makes your life very easy because they contact each other and figure things out. The food was incredible everyone commented about this and the staff was always friendly. A great experience!

Profile Picture georgina, 3/25/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I can not say enough about how amazing 128 south is for a reception venue. They made what can be a stressful time incredibly easy. The day of the event was wonderful thanks to the outstanding staff (and food). Still getting rave reviews from my guests weeks later. Thank you thank you thank you 128 South, far exceeded my expectations

Profile Picture Hannah, 3/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Rehearsal Dinner Location

This venue is absolutely stunning and it was perfect for our 75 person wedding. I think 100 may be pushing it since it is smaller but I would definitely recommend this venue for anything around or under 80. The staff was amazing and super professional. I asked a ton of questions and sent countless emails but the girls in the office always answered in a timely manner and were super patient with me. It was pricey and there were some fees that I did not agree with but overall, my wedding went off perfectly and I couldn't be happier with our choice!

Profile Picture Dakota, 12/20/16, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Covered Outdoor, Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Cocktail Reception, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Clean Up, Set Up

We are so happy we were able to get married at 128 South. From the beginning, they made the entire process so easy. Cheré was our coordinator and did an outstanding job -- our wedding day was seamless. The entire staff was so professional and made sure each and every guest had an amazing night. We had barbeque and fried chicken and our guests raved about the food. 128 South is a wonderful venue, and I would highly recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture Katie, 12/3/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Bartender(s), Cash Bar, Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Outside Cake, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Clean Up, Set Up, Covered Outdoor

We used 128 South for our wedding reception venue, and LOVED it. The food and customer service was amazing!!! I highly recommend 128 South for your dream wedding venue.

Profile Picture Caroline , 11/12/16, 1 Review