128 South Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Madison Married on 03/25/2023

Beautiful Venue with Fabulous Staff

128 South was the ultimate venue for our wedding. The location was great, the venue was beautiful, and the staff was responsive, kind, and professional. I couldn't have asked for a better team. We had our wedding inside and our cocktail hour/reception on the deck. The original floors, exposed brick, and stained glass windows made for a romantic and elegant backdrop for our event. I am so grateful to have worked with this team and would recommend them to anyone looking to book a wedding or any other event. The team went above and beyond to make sure that my wedding went well. I cannot thank them enough!
  • Kristin
    Kristin Married on 03/24/2023

Perfect venue

I looked at five or six venues in the downtown Wilmington area, and as soon as I stepped into 128 South, it hit me that this would be our venue. It’s so unique with the upstairs/ downstairs part of the inside as well as having the option of going out on the deck as well. I communicated a lot with Jordan and Davis, who answered my million and one questions without any hesitation. By the end of the wedding process, I really felt like everything came together flawlessly. I feel like 128 South has a ton of charm as is so I didn’t need to do a ton of flowers or decor inside, which was a plus in my opinion. I was also able to get ready at the cottage on Orange Street, which was the perfect distance to get to the venue.

I got a lot of feedback from guests that said that they loved the venue too and really enjoyed the food that was served both at cocktail hour and for dinner.

Overall, great experience from start to finish.
    Katelyn S. Married on 02/25/2023

Absolute dream team!

128 South made my wedding day perfect! It’s a beautiful venue overlooking the riverfront with exposed brick and stain glass windows. The team are experts at what they do and have relationships with local vendors which was so helpful. Catering is in house and our guests raved about the food! We were over the moon with how everything went. Katie was a huge help in making our wedding day perfect.
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
  • Amelia
    Amelia Z. Married on 02/23/2023

The Perfect Backdrop to a Beautiful Day

128 South was the first and last wedding venue we even looked at, because we walked into the space and immediately fell in love. Having our wedding at 128 South made it possible for us to incorporate all of the things we love about Wilmington (since we live on the other side of the state): a view of the water, the historic charm of downtown, amazing food, and a lively atmosphere! I cannot state enough how wonderful the space was - even our guests commented on how it was the best wedding they've ever attended!

My one concern after booking the space was that 128 is contractually obligated to cater our event, and as a self-proclaimed lover of food, doing menu tastings was one of the things I was looking most forward to. I had no need to worry though - the food was delicious, well prepared, and they were able to accommodate dietary requests so delicious I almost wish they had been on our standard menu!

I cannot say too many good things about 128 South, because the team there truly made our day more special than I ever could have hoped for. If you're on the fence, I recommend touring the space. If you're still on the fence, just know that I would have my wedding there again in a heartbeat.
    Caitlin K. Married on 12/17/2022

The Perfect Venue!

Me and my now husband had an absolute joy working with 128 South! They were always so responsive to our questions! Davis made our day run absolutely flawlessly and was there by us from the start of planning for the wedding to the finish! I would recommend anyone use this venue! We are still having people tell us it was their favorite wedding they’ve been to even two weeks after the wedding occurred! Our guests (and ourselves) were obsessed with food!! We couldn’t imagine using anyone else other than 128 South! The cottage was also absolutely perfect for getting ready the day of as well!
  • Madelyn
    Madelyn G. Married on 12/10/2022

Incredible!

128 South made our wedding a dream! The venue is beautiful, intimate, and very attentive to details to make sure your event runs smoothly. Our coordinator, Davis, assisted us along the way and took such good care of us and our family that night. The food was incredible. All our guests enjoyed themselves greatly!
  • Kristen
    Kristen K. Married on 11/26/2022

128 South Front street

A beautiful venue! It exceeded our expectations! The service was amazing and they were even able to accommodate several dietary restrictions and make sure that those plates made it to the appropriate people. We thoroughly enjoyed our experience with the 128 South staff and venue.
    Leah B. Married on 11/21/2022

Amazing, professional and experience

128 south is an amazing event space with incredible staff! We could not have asked for a better wedding day. Staff was incredibly professional and kind!
    Ginamarie W. Married on 10/21/2022

Best Venue in Town

Not only was I amazed by the beauty of this venue.. they were extremely helpful and understanding to a very busy bride. My wedding planner was extremely happy to see this was the venue I chose, as she couldn’t stop expressing how amazing the staff and venue was. Couldn’t have imagined a better experience and being in historical downtown Wilmington was perfect! This venue can really be decorated however you want, we put vines and lights throughout our tent and it looked absolutely magical! Having the caterers in house and the serving staff included made everything affordable and convenient and the food was simply AMAZING from the appetizers to the dinners. We couldn’t have asked for anything better. Thank you 128 for making our day AMAZING!
    Natalie L. Married on 10/15/2022

Best Day Ever

Highly recommend!!! The team at 128 is amazing! We fell in love with the character of the building and knew it was exactly what we were looking for. The on-site catering was another huge selling point. Lastly, Davis! Our day of wedding coordinator made our special day stress free! We couldn’t be more happy with how everything turned out!
    Alayna H. Married on 10/14/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best wedding venue in Wilmington!

My husband and I recently had our wedding reception at 128 South in Wilmington, NC, and it was an absolutely MAGICAL experience. We had been planning our wedding for about a year with our wedding planner and the 128 S. team, and let me tell you - they are an AMAZING team to work with! From their speedy responses and always being willing to answer my questions and help when needed, it was a seamless experience. Not to mention the venue is GORGEOUS both inside and out! 128 South is your one-stop-shop for an amazing team, incredible food and a beautiful setting!
    Shelby P. Married on 10/01/2022

128 is awesome!

I cannot say enough good things about my experience with 128 South. Davis was a dream! I decided to go with 128 because of all the items they include. Ceremony and reception in one place, catering, tables and chairs, a day of planner, a dance floor, bar and bartenders. I knew having all of those items included made wedding planning a lot easier rather than renting a venue and having to find so many vendors. Davis my day of planner was wonderful. I'm always overwhelmed thinking about how helpful and personable he was through the whole process. Answering my questions, dealing with my last minute changes, even helping with hurricane preparations. My guests raved about the food and 128's chef was even accommodating to a last minute vegan guest. Everything I ate was delicious! I had a wonderful wedding all because of Davis and the 128 South family. I truly can't recommend them enough!
    Rachel G. Married on 09/18/2022

The most perfect day!

I couldn’t imagine a more perfect wedding day! Davis and the whole team at 128 South were incredible to work with and made sure the whole day went smoothly down to the last detail. The food was to die for and I loved the convenience of having in-house catering. I can’t say enough great things about 128 South!
    Grace B. Married on 09/10/2022

Best day ever

128 South was very flexible and on top of everything to insure that our wedding was the best day ever. I would recommend this venue to someone 100%!
    Amanda B. Married on 09/02/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Can't recommend enough! Ask for Katie!

Our experience with 128 South was flawless. My parents and I toured the venue while my husband was deployed and they graciously gave us another tour so that he could see the space once he returned home. We booked a micro wedding package, and 128 south was super flexible on the details. They let us expand the guest count past the usual limits for their micro wedding package with no issues.

Katie was a planner/coordinator extraordinaire! She thought of every last detail. The catering team even built us a fully vegan menu. Our guests raved about the food (none of them are vegan!!). The bridal suite was awesome. The space is gorgeous and well appointed, but really the highlight of choosing 128 South was Katie. We highly, highly recommend asking for her by name!!
  • Sara
    Heather Married on 08/20/2022

Green Wedding

Beautiful Venue, the staff and team there were very helpful.
    Jorge Married on 07/30/2022

The perfect wedding spot

128 South was the perfect spot to have a wedding. It was located in a central spot, convenient for all my guests traveling; the staff were extremely polite and professional; they gave us creative freedom to decorate; easily coordinated with all our vendors; had alternate and contingency plans to make our special day happen regardless of the weather. Would recommend to anyone wanting a fun, stress free (as much as a wedding could be), well directed wedding.
  • Cami
    Cami Z. Married on 07/30/2022

Amazing!

128 south was absolutely amazing!! Our wedding day was everything we wanted and more. Katie was our day of coordinator and made sure everything went smoothly and on schedule. The event staff was extremely accommodating and helpful. 10000/10 recommend. Our wedding was a dream come true
    Judy B. Married on 06/17/2022

Rehearsal Dinner extraordinaire at 128 South

Katie and the team at 128 South are exceptional!!! They made the rehearsal dinner very easy…and our family and friends cannot stop talking about the fabulous meal they prepared! The venue was just beautiful and we are so pleased we selected 128 for my son and daughter in laws’ rehearsal dinner!!! Fabulous!!
    Kaitlin G. Married on 06/11/2022

Great venue for 100 people

We had our wedding and reception at 128 South. The staff were great day of and quick to flip the scenes. Katie and Jordan were very responsive throughout the process. We had 99 people at our wedding and did not feel crammed at all. The venue is great for 100 people and they will accommodate up to 120 people I believe. The venue included tables, chairs, a few cocktail tables and cocktail glasses, as well as eating utensils. You could also rent a dance floor from them. We had to provide our own plates, chargers, napkins and linens, and water goblets. The deck is covered with a tent which can be decorated with drapes and lighting. There was plenty of space for a DJ, and some open space on the wall of the deck so we hung a neon sign there. The inside of the building was nice and cold which was great for our June Wedding. There are steps to the deck so if you have someone wheelchair bound, this may not be the best venue for you.

We had 5 passed appetizers, a buffet and an open bar with beer, wine and base package liquor. We went with the steak and chicken Marsala as our main courses. We received so many compliments on the chicken and many people saying that this was the best food they’ve ever had at a wedding. There wasn’t a single thing served that I didn’t enjoy.

The venue was moderately priced, but you can scale up or down to make it fit within your budget. Prices did increase a few months after we signed our contract with the venue due to supply chain issues which was frustrating but understandable. The service fee seemed a little hefty at 22%. After taxes and fees, we paid an additional $3,000 (But keep in mind we had almost 100 people that we paid for to have an open bar, buffet, and ample appetizers). Also, none of the fees included tips so be prepared with cash night of for that. At the end of the day, we had an amazing wedding and it was worth every penny.
  • Chelsea
    Chelsea Married on 05/20/2022

Dream Wedding!

Everyone at 128 from beginning to end was incredibly helpful and made planning a wedding 600 miles away seem effortless. Katie answered all of our questions promptly and professionally and we can't thank her enough for all of her time and help. We had to pivot a few times with plans and she always gave great recommendations, and treated us with kindness even though I had 748496767 questions and concerns. Davis was our day of coordinator, and I can't say enough wonderful things about him. I unfortunately, had quite a few hiccups throughout the day/evening (all family related) and he never made me (or anyone else) feel stressed - in fact, he handled every instance with tact and the utmost professionalism and it did not go unnoticed. Many many of my guests couldn't gush more about him. They were amazed and in awe of how flawless he kept the night moving. And I couldn't have been more thankful. We are forever grateful for giving us the wedding of our dreams!! Also - shout out to Sonja (sp? sorry!) and Hayley - without these two ladies, and their initiative and attention to detail (overhearing something I said that none of my family listened to - but SHE DID) my ceremony would have gone quite differently, so thank you!!! Overall it was an unforgettable wedding and it was all because of these amazing people. They truly care about you and your day and want to see it go perfectly for you.
    Eliot C. Married on 05/15/2022

What a great venue!

The staff at 128 was great! We loved the venue and location. We live on the West Coast, so planning a cross country wedding wasn't easy, but the folks at 128 were readily available for all of our questions.
    The venue itself is a great space, with the deck out back being the perfect spot for a reception and dancing.
    128 helped us by coordinating with the local vendors we brought on and the staff during the wedding were quick and attentive.
    We'd highly recommend this venue for any event!
    Taryn Married on 05/01/2022

Highly Recommend!

Everyone we worked with at 128 was AMAZING! They were the best partners I could hope for when planning a wedding! They offered insights and expert opinions on things I wasn't sure about. And rolled with whatever crazy idea I came up with! ha! The customer service was absolutely outstanding! To be honest, I'm a little sad I don't get to work with Katie and Davis anymore now that the wedding is over. Katie was a warm, fun, guiding force throughout the planning process; always quick with a solution to any hiccup! Davis was our Day-of guy and he was brilliant!! I was able to relax and enjoy the party knowing that he had everything in hand! I had not one worry in the world :) His steadfastness even helped to settle my husbands nerves before walking down the aisle! I can't say enough great things about 128 and Davis!
    Kaitlin D. Married on 04/16/2022

Wedding venue

128 South is a dream venue, right on the water, and their whole team is amazing! Everyone made sure our special day went exactly to our vision, and the atmosphere can’t be beat! It was amazing to be outside, but never worry about weather with their tented patio. You won’t regret letting 128 host your event!
  • Madeline
    Madeline W. Married on 04/16/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Stop what you are doing right now and book 128 south!

My husband and I had our wedding at 128 South in March 2022. Y’all, it was BEYOND perfect. 128 South made it so that I could relax, be present, and fully ENJOY my wedding day. I had so much trust in the venue and the team who made my wedding vision come to life.

Katie Swain was our day of coordinator and she was so gracious in helping us navigate a COVID wedding postponement and planning of our big day. She had every minute (literally, every minute) of our ceremony and reception planned - she made sure everyone was where they needed to be at the right time and that everything was placed in just the right spot. Thanks to Katie and Davis, everything flowed seamlessly. I know that they say no wedding is perfect, and of course I’m a bit biased (and might have not noticed any errors because I was Bride-chilla), but I truly believe that our day was flawless. And it could not have happened without the 128 South team.

Katie coordinated all of the details and scheduling between the DJ (shoutout to Shawn Booth from ActiveDJ Entertainment!), florist (Thank you FlowersbySol!), photographer (the talented Erin Taylor Photography) and family participation. What drew us to 128 South was the combination of a historic indoor space with character (those stained glass windows!) and the outdoor deck overlooking the river (perfect for sunset views and a nice breeze when a break is needed from the sweaty dance floor). The location of downtown was SO ideal for guests to walk from local hotels and to continue the party down the street at a local bar after the wedding ended.

Another thing that we loved about 128 South is that the food and alcohol are part of the package (which means less planning!). You can choose from a variety of food packages - we went with the Charleston Touch and received dozens of compliments about the food in particular. We decided on the open bar package which kept guests happy and provided passed champagne for the toasts.

Katie was so responsive, always on top of every detail that we needed, and flexible to facilitate last minute changes that are bound to occur. Davis was amazing as well as was so friendly and kind, a true professional. I can’t imagine the stress of coordinating someone else's’ event, but they were unfazed and ALWAYS, always, met us with a smile and helping hand (whether it be providing us with apps after newly wed photos, helping me with the impossible buttons on my dress to change into the reception party outfit, or making sure I had a drink in my hand).

We can’t say enough good things about this venue and all of the staff that made this perfect day possible! Book it book it! I promise you will not regret it.
illustration stars