111 Maine | Catering Reviews

111 Maine | Catering 7
  • Amanda

Amanda Fogarty · Married on 06/22/2019

Incredible service & delicious food

We had a unique vision for our food on our wedding day and Jennifer and her team brought it to life! Instead of a formal seated dinner, we wanted all our favorite appetizers served all night! Not to mention our incredible crepe bar made hot and fresh by Jennifer! The 111 team went above and beyond to make our entire wedding guests and vendors, feel like one big family on our wedding day - which is exactly what we wanted!

We will forever be craving your chicken & waffles, late night garlic knots, and lobster rolls forever! Thank you for making our day so special.

Sent on 07/29/2019
  • Kate

Kate S · Married on 06/15/2019

Stop the search!

Wow. What a pleasure it was to work with 111 Maine and eat their food at our wedding!

A month later and guests are still telling us how great the food was.

Not only was the food fabulous, but we were so incredibly impressed with the team - from the owner Jennifer to her staff onsite the day of…..they blew us away.

They really thought of everything and the cocktail hour, dinner and bar service were just perfect.

At one point during the cocktail hour, one of the servers came up to ask me what I wanted to sample and brought me a plate of appetizers - knowing how hard it is for the bride and groom to actually eat on their own wedding day. It was moments like that one that make 111 Maine stand out as one of the best vendor decisions we made for our wedding.

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Stephanie

Stephanie · Married on 09/22/2018

Delicious food and friendly staff!

We were looking for a vendor for our wedding day that could accomodate EVERYTHING food and drink - apps, entrees, desserts, signature drinks - you name it. My husband and I scheduled a tasting about a year and a half before the wedding. We brought my brother along with us and they didn't charge us a cent! And we didn't just get a "taste" - we got full portions! We actually ended up doing the tasting in the morning because they had an event to attend later in the day, so you would think that tasting fish tacos and beef tenderloin might be a little weird for breakfast...NOPE! Everything was so delicious, even at 9am!

Jen made the entire planning process so simple. She was accomodating with every request and made us feel confident that each detail would be taken care of. She even went above and beyond to add small touches, like a "beverage station" for our guests pre-ceremony. And the food...OMG! We had people come up to us during and after the wedding to say it was the best food they've ever had at a wedding, including a guest who is a chef in Boston! They even took care the cake and the dessert table - fresh pies, cider doughnuts, and ice cream - perfect for a September Maine wedding!

Not only is the food amazing, Jen is one of the kindest human beings you will ever meet. When you are spending so much time and money planning the biggest day of your life, it's so nice to have a positive and calming presence! I can't say enough good things about 111 - please take my word for it and sign the contract!!

Sent on 02/11/2019
    111 Maine | Catering 12
    111 Maine | Catering 13
    111 Maine | Catering 14

Rose · Married on 09/16/2018

My daughter chose 111 Maine as her caterer for her September wedding. Jen and Amanda are great to work with. The appetizers were delicious. My daughter wanted a fresh and locally sourced caterer. We were not disappointed. The ravioli were outstanding. The sauce was delicious and it should be bottled.
    The beef and haddock were perfectly cooked.
    Guests were loving the squash. The desserts were fresh and very decedent. We had them do a brunch for us the next day. The quiche melted in your mouth. The bakery items were moist and flavorful. Thank you 111 Maine for a memorable meal.

Sent on 09/22/2018
    111 Maine | Catering 15
    111 Maine | Catering 16

Cara · Married on 09/02/2018

Wow, where to begin with 111 Maine? I think the best description of our experience working with Jennifer and her team is seamless. They took care of everything! our wedding was a "destination" for us so we didn't get the opportunity to taste test the food (our parents did for us), and we were blown away by the flavorful food and incredible service on our wedding day. We had several special requests and they accommodated all of them without question. Every member of the team was friendly and hardworking. They not only made and served incredible food and our took care of our bar, but they also set-up all of our tables and helped with final touches like lighting candles and laying out menus. One of my favorite memories of our day is a result of this group. I'm not sure if someone told the team or if they just noticed I kept eating my husband's potatoes, but suddenly a plate of them appeared at my seat! It was awesome, and shows just how they aim to make your event perfect. My only wedding day regret is not eating more of 111 Maine's incredible food. Look no further, you've found your caterer.

Sent on 09/23/2018
  • mainewed

Karina · Married on 08/25/2018

Family style dinner

Jennifer, Kristen, and the 111 Maine team were so great to work with! They did bar, cocktail hour, and a family style meal for our wedding and everything turned out great. We had several guests comment on the food and the service. The food was delicious, served hot, and well timed. In the planning process, Jennifer and team were very responsive, flexible, and helpful. They helped coordinate with our rental vendors to ensure we had everything we need for the event to run smoothly. 111 Maine exceeded our expectations! I would love to work with them again and would recommend to anyone looking for a wedding caterer.

Sent on 10/21/2018
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 06/30/2018

Jennifer, Kristin and the entire 111 Maine team were an absolute dream to work with! They are truly genuine, passionate people, and we knew we were in good hands the moment we met Jennifer for our tasting. Everything was delicious the day of the wedding from the drinks, to cocktail hour, to dinner to dessert. They took the time to set up our place card table, favors and centerpieces and everything looked amazing, exactly what I had envisioned! Everyone there had a smile on their face and ensured me I wasn't being too much of a pain when I asked a million and one questions. Everything was so perfect, thank you!!!

Sent on 07/01/2018

Justin Mccallum · Married on 06/30/2018

Allergy-Friendly Super Heroes

When planning my wedding with my allergic-to-everything husband (milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts) and family (shellfish, sesame, gluten), we were SO worried about finding a caterer and almost tried to make everything ourselves. And we were SO lucky to find 111 Maine, who not only were able to make things for us that were safe for everyone to consume (literally a feat that had never been achieved in a family function), every single one of our guests has since raved about the incredible menu created. Served family style, we got a huge amazing variety (from corn fritters and bacon wrapped scallops as passed hors dourness, to mirin steak to potato salad and spicy Korean slaw to citrus Haddock at dinner) that nobody could tell was painstakingly created to avoid life-threatening ingredients. Also, the cocktail they made upon our request was probably the greatest beverage I ever tasted. Their staff was also incredibly friendly, attentive, and responsive to everything from our first email through (free) tasting and even past the wedding day.- helping with rentals return. The ladies at 111 Maine are literal super heroes and made our wedding day EXTRAORDINARY! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

Sent on 10/31/2018

Jacob Passy · Married on 06/30/2018

Amazing with food allergies

When it came to wedding planning the part that stressed me out of the most was selecting a caterer, and I wish I had known about 111 Maine sooner because it would have saved me so much stress. I have multiple, life-threatening food allergies myself (to milk, eggs, peanuts and tree nuts), and some of our guests had gluten intolerances and shellfish allergies on top of that.

111 Maine never batted an eye when we threw these challenges their way. They handled everything with the utmost care, providing me with the full list of ingredients during the tasting and even sending me images of the packaging of the store-bought ingredients they used (in addition to the amazing fresh produce) to put my mind at ease. They never balked when I asked them a million questions about how they prepared their food, what was in it, etc.

Not only did everyone eat safely, but the food was actually delicious. They planned a brilliant menu that was designed to be served at room temperature so that guests weren’t left eating cold food that should have been hot if they were served later than others. They also really took our preference to heart when it came to the cuisines my husband and I like, the ingredient we don’t like and the types of food we wanted to avoid.

They also did a great job of coordinating the bar set-up and staffing that. We gave them an idea of what we wanted for our signature cocktail, and they perfected it.

Wedding food doesn’t need to be boring. And guests with food allergies or intolerances don’t need to feel excluded at special events. 111 Maine embraces that logic and delivers on it exceptionally. Hire them. Your taste buds will thank you.

Sent on 10/31/2018

Tori · Married on 06/09/2018

Our entire experience from start to finish was great. The staff is always accommodating, friendly, and professional. We were instantly happy with the responsiveness and ability to put together a terrific menu for us, but when we went for the tasting we were hooked. The food was fantastic, they were so nice, cooked up everything for us to try, and it only got better when they were cooking for 100 people instead of just two. 111 Maine was also able to handle the baking and the bar service, cutting down on additional vendors and making things simpler for us. Everything was perfect, Thank you!

Sent on 06/12/2018
    111 Maine | Catering 17
    111 Maine | Catering 18

Helene · Married on 11/04/2017

Everything about our experience with Jennifer and her expert team at 111 Maine was outstanding. From the beginning, the menu planning process was thoughtful and Jennifer was very accommodating of our requests as well as offering great suggestions. Every dish was delicious and memorable. The goat cheese ravioli with Makers Mark cream made a huge impression on our guests. We were particularly impressed that the food was served piping hot despite being prepared outdoors in October. We would recommend 111 Maine without reservation.

Sent on 12/26/2017

Kris · Married on 09/30/2017

We got so many compliments on the food at our wedding! Using 111 Maine was one of our best decisions. The food was to die for, the bartenders and servers did such a great job, and they really went above and beyond in helping set up and clean up.

Sent on 10/07/2017

Brianna · Married on 08/03/2017

WOW! Jennifer and the team at 111 Maine really made our special day even better. Through the entire planning process up until the day we could not have been more pleased. They were very involved up until the day of which really relieved a lot of the stress on us. They came in knowing exactly what needed to be done and were so cool calm and collected! Our guests could not stop raving about the food and the quality of service. The staff was so kind to all our guests and efficient when getting the food out. We could not have been happier with our choice to use 111 Maine and would love to use them for any other event we have!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Andrew · Married on 06/16/2017

111 Maine provided catering for lunch the day of our wedding, our reception (including dessert) and brunch the next Morning. The food was fantastic. All of our guests raved about the food and, I believe, a few even insisted on going into the kitchen to talk with the chief. The food 111 Maine offers is fresh, delicious, and beautifully presented.

Jennifer was very professional, responsive, and on point in an accountable, but not over the top way. She has a very clam demeanor that is nice to have during a busy event. Jennifer and and one of the other chiefs even walked up to location I was getting ready to provide lunch to me, my mother, mother-in-law, and bridesmaids.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Cyndi · Married on 10/01/2016

111 Maine catered two of three dinners for our daughters recent wedding weekend. Although our second caterer was excellent, I wish we had Jen and Amanda and their team all three days! 111Maine was a dream to work with. From taste testing to the last clean up they were professional, kind and caring. They focused on what everyone needed and the food was above outstanding. I heard several times "I've never been to a wedding where the food was this good", "I never expect wedding food to taste good, how did you do this?" My reply, I didn't do it, Jen, Amanda and their team didn't leave one stone unturned! If you need a caterer in Maine for anything, 111 Maine is your go to choice!

Sent on 09/27/2017
    111 Maine | Catering 19

Stephen · Married on 08/20/2016

We had Jennifer & Amanda cater our entire wedding weekend. Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome reception, Wedding day, Sunday Brunch. It was amazing. We can't say enough about this incredible caterer. We were planning all of this without the help of a wedding planner and Jennifer made the process so easy. She listened to our overall plans and helped us craft menus for each event that were delicious. She helped us keep our budget in check, create a timeline that worked for the wedding day. In short -- Jennifer and her staff worked seamlessly with our other vendors and ourselves. She made the process of planning as easy and fun as it could be. AND then she delivered incredible food three days in a row for a large wedding (191 guests). I can easily say hiring Jennifer was one of the best decisions we made! Emily & Steve

Sent on 09/11/2016

Sharon · Married on 07/30/2016

If you are a bride in Maine and looking for a caterer that will respect you and give you what you want I say go with 111 Maine. My daughters wedding was in July 2016. She lives in New York and I live in Connecticut. Planning a destination wadding can be difficult but Jennifer made the process painless. Not only did she LISTEN but the food was amazing. Her experience and love for what she does shows in the final product....an amazing dinner for our loved ones. Thanks Jennifer and all your crew. You helped us make memories for a lifetime.

Sent on 08/21/2016

Kate · Married on 05/21/2016

We could not have been happier with 111 Maine and the delicious menu they created for our wedding. Jennifer and her team were a pleasure to work with from start to finish. In our initial conversations, they came up with a family style menu that really reflected what we were looking for in food options. They listened, were accommodating and creative. Our tasting was an excellent experience and my dad loved to say it was his favorite part of the whole planning process. It's no surprise that on the day of, 111 Maine was extremely professional and pleasant, and guests could not stop raving about the food! Thank you, 111 Maine!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Jennifer and her team are THE BEST. For our wedding I wanted a smorgasbord of delicious, local, in-season, approachable, "lick your plate clean b/c it's so dang good" food for our cocktail hour and dinner. And man, did 111 Maine ever deliver. From the first moment our planner introduced us, from the final execution of the event, Jennifer and her staff were incredible. They're responsive, flexible, creative, budget-minded, professional, and so on and so forth (continue the superlatives ad nausem!), all with fantastic food and seamless service. Could not be happier -- well, except maybe if I was able to have Jennifer cook for me every month. Well worth it every red cent.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Katie · Married on 09/12/2015

Jennifer and her team at 111 Maine are the BEST!!! They catered our wedding and every single thing on the menu was absolutely phenomenal, from the mini lobster rolls to the home-made ravioli with Maker's Mark cream sauce to the gorgeous farm-style wedding cake. They were responsive and helpful throughout our entire planning process, and we could not have been happier with the final product. They put together a beautiful family style meal that we and our guests are still talking about. The full bar service was also excellent with a superb signature cocktail that was a massive hit. We had everything we needed and the service throughout the night was impeccable. Good, fresh food is extremely important to my husband and me and was a priority for our wedding. 111 Maine did not disappoint - the food was spectacular and truly brought everyone together. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/21/2015

Lindsay · Married on 07/18/2015

We worked with Jennifer and Amanda of 111 Maine for both our rehearsal dinner and reception. They are both very kind, down to earth and professional... and our food was both amazing and beautiful. These ladies went the extra mile to ensure that our wedding weekend exceeded our expectations. 111 Maine also made us a gorgeous and delicious strawberry shortcake wedding cake. My only regret is that I wish I had eaten more :) My husband and I HIGHLY recommend 111 Maine- their food is not only amazing, their presentation is great and their prices are reasonable. We have friends that said that the food served on our special was the best they'd ever had at a wedding.

Sent on 08/28/2015

Jennifer and her staff were AMAZING. We dealt with a ton of different vendors for our DIY type wedding and 111 Maine was by far the best. The price was substantially less than other caterers we checked out, which honestly was one of the biggest factors in our decision --- but the food was AMAZING, as was Jennifer's day of staff. They did our rehearsal dinner & wedding and went above and beyond both days, helping with setup, breakdown, etc.

Jennifer was also incredibly responsive and helpful throughout the process, which certainly was not the case for all the vendors we worked with. I can't recommend 111 Maine enough.

Sent on 07/05/2015
  • User4519728 · 2+ years ago

Booking 111 Maine was the best decision we made during the planning process. Jennifer and her team went above and beyond to help to help us craft a menu to accommodate everyone's tastes and dietary restrictions. When we had to change our reception design at the last minute due to rain, they didn't even flinch and helped us create a day more beautiful than we had imagined.

The best part of 111 Maine? The food was incredible. INCREDIBLE. Our guests raved it was the best food they had ever been served at a wedding.

Sent on 11/02/2014

I highly recommend 111 Maine as a top-notch caterer. We hired 111 for our wedding weekend- they cooked all the meals (rehearsal dinner for all 100 guests, lunch the next day, reception dinner, and brunch) and every meal was fabulous. Our guests couldn't stop gushing how delicious the food was- especially the homemade ravioli. My favorite were the mini lobster rolls! Jennifer and Amanda worked closely with us to make sure everything was perfect and the staff was professional and attentive.

Sent on 01/08/2015

Liza · Married on 08/01/2014

Jennifer & her team were fantastic!! I would absolutely recommend them to soon-to-be brides. My hubby and I were blown away when we went to our tasting in Topsham. This is not your standard "wedding food." We are huge foodies who love going out to local restaurants for dinner and we wanted a caterer that would serve a meal that we were actually excited to eat and serve to our guests. All of the apps and family style dinner options were delicious and cooked right on site for our wedding. We picked some seafood, meat, pastas and even some late night sliders and fries! The guests raved about the food and I have already had several brides ask me for the name of our caterer. 111's prices were very reasonable especially compared to some of the other caterers we looked at in the Portland area. Amazing quality and value. Thank you so much Jennifer and team!!

Sent on 09/09/2014