1001 Angles Photography Reviews

1001 Angles Photography 6
1001 Angles Photography 7
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 06/15/2019

Everything we wanted and more!!!

Kuralay was a pleasure to work with. She is extremely organized in her work and has a way of organizing everything the client wants too! We first met at our engagement session. We went to Great Falls where Kuralay found the most amazing setting for our pictures. My husband and I grew up in the pool so it was fitting Kuralay suggested a spot with a beautiful water and rapid filled background, perfect to match our story. The photos turned out to be everything we wanted which only got us more excited for Kuralay to capture our big day! On the wedding day she and the second shooter arrived promptly and throughout the day kept to schedule, getting every shot we wanted. Throughout the night the two photographers got tons of amazing photos without us even noticing they were doing so. Kuralay sent us the full album in an extremely timely manner. The pictures were absolutely amazing and captured the happiness of the day so well! So beautiful!! My husband and I put a lot of effort in picking the best photographer for our wedding since photos have always been so important to us. We were so confident in Kuralays talent and professionalism, all the worries went away! Kuralay was a pleasure to work with, so nice, driven, creative, and personable. We couldn’t have picked a better person to capture the love of our wedding day! Thank you for everything Kuralay!!!

Sent on 07/20/2019
    1001 Angles Photography 8
    1001 Angles Photography 9
    1001 Angles Photography 10

Lindsey S · Married on 05/25/2019

Beautiful day to remember

Kuralay is a dream to work with! So happy to met her( over coffee!) with my family. She has sunny personality and has a gift for photography. She took some stunning photos of the wedding day. She helped me remain calm on the day of. She took care of the photos from start to finish and the sneak peek was INCREDIBLE!! She is an easy person to sit down and talk about photos and or life. Her Gallery book that she first showed us were beautiful. What a beautiful soul! Hire her! 5 stars

Sent on 07/02/2019
    1001 Angles Photography 11
    1001 Angles Photography 12
    1001 Angles Photography 13

Scarlette · Married on 09/29/2018

Engagement & wedding

My husband and I first used 1001 Angles photography for our engagement photo session! We had never had our pictures taken professionally, so we were pretty nervous. Kuralay made it super easy for us to be ourselves and our smiles and laughter caputured on camera were all very genuine! We hired her again for our wedding photos and our photos are absolutely breathtaking! She captured our love in the most beautiful ways and we can not top staring at our photos! We highly recommend 1001 Angles photography! Thank you Kuralay for everything!!

Sent on 03/26/2019
    1001 Angles Photography 14

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

Scarlette! I thank my lucky stars for putting us in each other's paths. Photographing your wedding was such a blessing! I literally had tears in my eyes when you walked down the aisle with those gorgeous sunflowers and Fabio saw you for the first time and also during your dance with your brothers. Witnessing true love and joy like yours is exactly why I love what I do. Thank you forever and ever for making me a part of your big day!

Amanda · Married on 09/15/2018

Kuralay is absolutely amazing! My husband and I worked with Kuralay for both our engagement session and on our wedding day. We are beyond happy with the photos!! From the big moments, to the smallest of details, Kuralay is able to capture each and everyone of them, while making them look so beautiful! Everyone always tells you to enjoy every second of your wedding day because it goes by so fast. It's so true! When we were looking through our wedding photos, there are details we didn't even get to see because of all the craziness going on, but Kuralay was able to capture them! Her photos bring back all of the emotions that you felt during your wedding day and it's the best feeling being able to relive it. Our day wouldn't have been the same with out her!

Kuralay is very professional, yet she knows how to have fun during her sessions and definitely knows how to make you feel comfortable if you don't prefer being in front of the camera. If we ever sent her an email with questions, we would always hear from her that same day or within 24 hours at the very latest. She even had a FaceTime session with us in the very beginning so we could get to know one another a little better before our engagement photos.

I would without a doubt recommend Kuralay to everyone, as I am almost certain they would love her just as much as we did!

Sent on 10/11/2018

Jaclyn · Married on 09/08/2018

My husband and I used Kuralay for our engagement shoot and wedding photos. They both turned out absolutely fantastic! We didn’t end up having the greatest weather for either occasion but she still took the most amazing, beautiful photos. Both sets of photos were available a week early, and it was so wonderful to get sneak-peaks on social media the same week. When I first reached out to 1001 Angles she got back to me immediately and I was lucky that she had my date available. Right from the start I knew she was professional and experienced. Working with her for our engagement shoot really made us feel comfortable with her before our big day. I would highly anyone who needs a photographer to use 1001 Angles, Kuralay was phenomenal to work with!

Sent on 10/11/2018
  • Y

Yumiko · Married on 07/14/2018

We LOVED working with 1001 Angles for our wedding! We had a chance to meet Kuralay in person for a consultation many months before our wedding, and she really took time to get to know us as a couple and listen to what we wanted out of our photos.
    Even with not having done a photo session with her prior to our wedding (we opted to not do engagement photos), we felt so comfortable with her on the day of! She took the time to explore our venue and find fun spots where to take our portraits, and the pictures came out BEAUTIFUL! She really has such an eye - our photos are light and airy, with lots of candids and details to supplement the formal portraits, which is what we really wanted. She was also so efficient in taking family portraits, directing everyone seamlessly, thereby allowing us to spend more time at our cocktail hour with our guests.
    We're so grateful that we were able to work with Kuralay - she really captured the mood of the evening so perfectly, and we're so happy to have our pictures to look back on for decades to come!

Sent on 08/12/2018
    1001 Angles Photography 15
    1001 Angles Photography 16
    1001 Angles Photography 17

Maura · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I chose 1001 Angles to photograph our wedding ceremony and reception and we could not have been more happy with how all the photography turned out! We chose to work with 1001 Angles because of Kuralay’s specific focus on candid shots. My husband was pretty nervous about the photography part of our wedding day because he doesn’t love being in photographs but Kuralay immediately put him at ease with the whole process! We met Kuralay for coffee and from the start she was so easy to work with. She is very thoughtful and really wanted to get to know us as a couple to make sure we were on the same page for how we would like our wedding to be captured. She even took the time to scope out good photo spots near our venue to make sure she knew where the best light would be, etc. On the day of our wedding Kuralay and her team were wonderful. We had a really large wedding party (10 bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen) and Kuralay was great at getting everyone quickly into positions for pictures right after the ceremony. Everyone in our wedding party was commenting on how good she is at directing everyone and keeping all of us on task so that we could get to the reception. I was also really impressed by the creativity in which she approaches photography – she captured so many cool angles that I would not have ever thought of and many of those are my favorite pictures. Her eye for taking candid photos really enabled her to capture the love and happiness throughout the day. Kuralay was very prompt in her delivery of the photos after the wedding and they were all amazing. All of our friends and family have been commenting on how great the photos turned out. I can’t say enough good things about Kuralay! Not only is she a beautiful person who was a joy to work with through our wedding planning process, but she also is an absolutely amazing photographer. I highly recommend working with 1001 Angles for your wedding day!

Sent on 08/09/2018
    1001 Angles Photography 18
    1001 Angles Photography 19
    1001 Angles Photography 20
    1001 Angles Photography 21

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

Oh gosh! Maura! Thank you so much for such a thoughtful review! Your and Brian's wedding was dear to my heart because you came into my life through one of my favorite local wedding planners Lisa Havard, but also because you met and got married in my husband's university. Because you shared so much of your love story and allowed me to get to know you, I was able to relate and be inspired and creative. It was such a beautiful day! I'll never forget how you were getting ready by the window overlooking the place where you met your husband all those years ago. Thanks for inviting me into your lives! Love!

Jean · Married on 05/19/2018

Kuralay took such beautiful photos of our wedding. Everyone we've shown them to has commented on how beautiful they are! She was professional, friendly, and extremely talented. We loved working with her!

Sent on 06/17/2018
    1001 Angles Photography 22
    1001 Angles Photography 23
    1001 Angles Photography 24
    1001 Angles Photography 25
  • Cailley

Cailley · Married on 05/05/2018

Kuralay was (and still is) an absolute dream to work with. I luckily found her through a wedding website and fell in love with her pictures. Each photograph truly told a story and the editing was beautiful. Everything was touched up so nicely but looked very natural it was exactly what I was looking for. I emailed her right away and she was always so quick to respond. We never even interviewed with another photographer after our first meeting my husband and I knew she was the one. Our engagement pictures were a dream, seriously everyone who saw them commented how unique and beautiful they were. She understood our vision and worked with us to make us so comfortable. Our wedding day went so well. We were already so comfortable from the engagement pictures that everything ran smoothly. Ronald the second photographer was awesome as well! Everyone in the bridal party commented on how smoothly the pictures went. Even though we have only seen the sneak peek we can tell the pictures are going to be so wonderful. The ones we’ve seen so far have been outstanding and people cannot stop contacting us about how beautiful they’ve turned out. Can not recommend 1001 Angles enough!!

Sent on 05/15/2018
    1001 Angles Photography 26
    1001 Angles Photography 27
    1001 Angles Photography 28
    1001 Angles Photography 29
    1001 Angles Photography 30

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

Dear Cailley, your wedding was a fairy tale from start to finish! Thanks for letting me be a part of your big day. I loved working with you and Dylan. You both have such big hearts and your love is so radiant!

Helen · Married on 04/21/2018

Where do I begin? Choosing a photographer is one of the most important decisions to make during your wedding planning process. They make up such a big part of your day as they are there all day, they help dictate the flow/organization, and of COURSE not to mention leaving you with memorable photos from the day you spent so long planning. Kuralay at 1001 Angles knocks every item out of the park and she did from the beginning!

From the get go, Kuralay was immediately responsive and not only was forthcoming on her own background, but she wanted to get to know me and my fiance well too. She went above and beyond to make sure to ask all the right questions, to make sure our visions were in line - and then she executed seamlessly during our wedding day. She even was so chill and cool dealing with my huge family photo requests - even as my mom would run off every 2 minutes!

Onto photos - STUNNING! My fiance (now husband I suppose!) was confident that he would look awkward and weird in all the photos and K reassured him from the get go - and she totally delivered! He almost looked better than me ;) We both were so relaxed and felt right at home when it came time for portraits. We had a vision of a woodsy and romantic feel and she knocked it out of the park! My friends have been to our fair share of weddings, and everyone was wowed by all the photos she produced, and engaged friends have been asking me for her info.

I could keep going, but Kuralay was fantastic and went above expectations in every facet through the whole process - stunning photos, calming presence on the day of our wedding, and professional and friendly the whole way out. Our only regret is that our wedding is over and she delivered our whole album early and we have nothing left to look fwd to now ;) Five stars all the way for K! THANK YOU!

Sent on 05/07/2018
    1001 Angles Photography 31
    1001 Angles Photography 32
    1001 Angles Photography 33

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

Dear Helen, words cannot describe how much joy it gives me to read that I was able to contribute to your wedding day in such a big way. Thank you so much for being open during this entire process, for letting me into your lives and sharing so much of your story and vision. It wouldn't have been possible to create those beautiful images without your input. I loved capturing these happy memories for you - it was truly a spectacular day!

Megan · Married on 04/07/2018

Where do I even start?! I was provided with the DREAMIEST pictures imaginable for my engagement shoot. She is an expert at making you feel comfortable and gives honest opinions. She has such a creative eye and knows how to make any location look like it came straight out of a magazine. It's airy, fun, artistic...everything I love! Also, she is just one of the most genuine and kind people around... You won't be sorry if you go with 1001 Angles Photography! Thank you again. <3

Sent on 08/04/2017

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

Awww Megan! Thank you so much! I am really looking forward to your wedding next year and I am sure we can get equally magical photos! So excited to be on this journey with you!

Jamie · Married on 11/11/2017

I got Kuralay's information from one of the girls I work with. After I saw her engagement photos I knew I had to use 1001 Angles! Our engagement photo session took place at the National Portrait Gallery and it was the perfect setting! I couldn't have been happier with the photos and it got me even more excited for our November 11th wedding.

During the wedding Kuralay was very professional. She kept everyone on time and got all of the portraits we asked for. She posted a sneak peek of our photos the week after the wedding and I was in love! She captured everything beautifully! We just got the rest of our wedding photos back and Kuralay has wowed us again! We have already gotten so many complements! If you are in search of a fantastic wedding photographer look no further! You won't be disappointed :-)

Sent on 12/17/2017
    1001 Angles Photography 34
    1001 Angles Photography 35
    1001 Angles Photography 36
    1001 Angles Photography 37

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

Awww Jamie! I knew from the first email you sent me that we were meant to be :) Thanks for having me a part of your big day! It meant the world to be able to document all the joy from the first getting ready moments to the crazy fun hora!

Annie · Married on 10/14/2017

There are not enough words to describe how wonderful Kuralay is. Not only are her photographs gorgeous--we LOVED our engagement photos and our wedding photos, just beyond--but also Kuralay herself is just the best: Warm, professional, easygoing, and so talented. Kuralay takes time to find out who her couples are and what they want and she makes it happen! We could not love our photos more and she made the photos part of the event easy and stress-free. We could not recommend Kuralay and 1001 Angles more highly!!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Katie · Married on 09/23/2017

I was introduced to Kuralay of 1001Angles by a mutual friend in the events industry, and from our first meeting, I knew she was going to be a wonderful asset to our wedding planning experience.
    She was prompt and professional, but more importantly, she was easy to talk to, very friendly, and confident in the service she provides, which definitely makes a bride more confident in hiring a vendor!

She was flexible and understanding when we needed to reschedule our engagement photo session due to weather, and when we did get to do the shoot, she made my camera-shy (then) fiancé completely comfortable taking pictures.
    That talent was also super important on our wedding day in capturing a long list of pictures we had requested that included kids, immobile grandparents, and a large bridal party, and both Kuralay and her second shooter, Jay, handled the day with grace and ease.

Beyond the experience of working with her as a vendor, Kuralay took the time to get to know us as a couple, which I think allowed her to capture us in our element (our favorite wedding pictures are some of the candid shots).

Her work truly speaks for itself - the photographs are absolutely beautiful!
    It is true what they say that your wedding day flies by, and we are so thankful to have so many amazing pictures to relive the moments again and again.

Sent on 11/05/2017
    1001 Angles Photography 38
    1001 Angles Photography 39
    1001 Angles Photography 40

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

Awww Katie! I'm tearing up just reading this - thank you for your kind words and for putting the privilege of documenting your dream wedding into my hands. It's been such a great journey getting to know you and your husband from the first days of you starting to plan your wedding, your engagement session and up until your big day. You were such a dream bride to work with and I loved working with your families and your wedding team you have assembled. Much love!

Mercedes · Married on 09/16/2017

With all the craziness that is wedding planning, it is such a blessing to have found 1001 Angles.
    I'm pretty camera shy but Kuralay made ?me feel so comfortable ?I forgot she was there sometimes! Even before the day of the photo shoot, Kuralay was very responsive via email and sent us all the inf?o we would need and answered any questions pretty quickly. She really took the time to get to know us and our story. That was really important to me, I wanted someone to capture "us" and not just take ?the typical engagement photos. She exceeded those expectations. Not only did she extend the time limit of the shoot until she was completely satisfied, but we got our pictures just a few days after the shoot and love them!
    We've been raving about her to anyone who's willing to listen. But don't take our word for it, the quality of her work speaks for itself. I highly recommend 1001 Angles to anyone who wants a photographer who will take the time to get to know you as a couple, is personable, professional, and delivers an amazing product. I can't wait until next year for our wedding and pictures!

Sent on 11/03/2016

Erin · Married on 09/03/2017

I am so happy that my fiancé and I found Kuralay! She is extremely talented and she takes the most beautiful pictures! We recently had our engagement photos taken by Kuralay. Before the session, I was nervous that my fiancé and I wouldn’t know what to do when Kuralay was taking our pictures. However, my nerves were soon put to ease because Kuralay is so easy to work with and she knows exactly what she’s doing. It felt as though we spent the afternoon with a friend of ours. My fiancé and I both felt 100% comfortable in front of Kuralay. Once the session was over, I couldn’t wait to see how our pictures turned out! Once we received them, they were even better than I could have imagined! I think I spent two hours looking at them over and over again because they are so beautiful! We have gotten SO many compliments from our friends and family. We’ve even heard from some that they are the most beautiful engagement pictures they’ve ever seen (which I have to agree with)! I’m so happy we hired Kuralay to be our wedding photographer! I know I don’t have to worry because I’m 100% positive that the pictures are going to turn out perfect. I couldn’t recommend Kuralay enough!

Sent on 11/17/2016

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

Awww Erin! Thank you so much for such kind words! On my end I feel like I got lucky with the best clients - you and Kenny are so genuine and kind and beautiful inside out! You shared so much of your story with me and came to the engagement session with props and fun outfits and you picked the most gorgeous outdoor setting, that called to my heart! Documenting your love is a privilege and I cannot wait for your wedding day! Thank you for your trust in me!

Brittany · Married on 07/01/2017

We loved working with Kuralay and ultimately chose her because of her beautiful work and background as a travel photographer (so she has a true eye for scenery, which is so important in Washington, D.C.), her easygoing style, and her competitive pricing. We had some thoughts on where we wanted both our engagement photos and our wedding photos, but she was able to suggest better options we hadn't thought about and they turned out perfect. The second shooter she chose for our wedding day, Raiza, was also great. And Kuralay got us our photos over a week early. We could not recommend 1001 Angles more highly!

Sent on 07/30/2017

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! As a wedding photographer with a background in travel I was instantly inspired by your Scottish-Czech fusion of a wedding! I loved visiting Capitol Hill for both your engagement session and your wedding! It was an honor to get a glimpse into your love story! Thank you for including me!

Christina · Married on 06/24/2017

I would highly recommend 1001 angles as your photographer. When our sneak peek engagement pictures were posted on Facebook we were so excited and happy, the pictures were so beautiful. I couldn’t stop going through them for days. Our Facebook and phones were blowing up with comments and questions about 1001 angles. What made it even more special was that she posted the sneak peek pictures the day of my fiance's birthday which was the day after we took the pictures. It was so thoughtful of her to think about his birthday. We have never done a photo shoot before and she made us feel comfortable in front of the camera, we actually had a lot of fun. I can truly say Kuralay is so talented. She was amazing to work with and I would definitely recommend her to anyone. She took her time to get to know us and our story. She made every meeting so personal as if we had been friends for years. I am so happy she is our photographer and I plan on keeping her around for the future. Can’t wait for June 24th, 2017!! So excited to take our wedding pictures!

Sent on 10/02/2016

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

Dear Christina! Thank you so much for such kind words! It was so great to spend the afternoon with you, witness an amazing cotton candy sunset and document your love at the very spot where Joshua proposed to you! Of course I was thrilled to be able to make his birthday just a tad more special by delivering the sneak peek ahead of the schedule. I hope you have a magical engagement and can't wait for your wedding!

Vivian · Married on 06/10/2017

Kuralay is amazing! If you're looking for a photographer that produces dreamy, poetic, and whimsical work, Kuralay is the one. Very accommodating and easy to work with. We got so many good pictures. Totally worth every penny.

Sent on 08/01/2017

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

Vivian! Your wedding was definitely one of the most poetic weddings I've had the honor of photographing! It was such a privilege to work with another creative like yourself, you totally set the bar high and I'm glad I was able to make you happy with my work. It was a pure joy to document your love!

Shennah · Married on 06/03/2017

Kuralay did an amazing job shooting our engagement photos and wedding day! She made sure to include our input throughout the process so that our pictures captured every special moment. Our photos were beautiful and back to us before we even returned from our honeymoon. We would definitely use her services again in the future!

Sent on 07/02/2017

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

It was such a great experience documenting your first day as husband and wife! I loved the enchanting ceremony in the woods and the rustic yet elegant feel of your reception! Thank you for inviting me to share in your joy!

DONNIE · Married on 05/26/2017

K was an absolute pleasure to work with and we would recommend her to anyone looking for a professional photographer. She took our vision for our wedding and took some amazing photos before and during the ceremony and reception. Our photos looked great and she prepared everything two weeks ahead of schedule! If you are looking for a photographer, stop reading this review and book her now!

Sent on 06/30/2017

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

I loved working with you! Thank you for such kind words! There were so many unique and unexpected elements to your wedding and it was so special to be able to witness your vision come to life and most importantly document the start of your marriage!

Elizabeth · Married on 05/14/2017

The photos were absolutely beautiful, such high quality, and the editing was done really quickly. Kuralay posted a preview of about 30 photos only a day or two after the wedding, and sent us the full set of edited photos 2 weeks later! The cost was also incredibly reasonable, particularly for the DC area.

Sent on 07/01/2017

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

Thank you for writing this, Liz! It was my privilege to share this special day with you and your husband! Your surprise flashmob dance was definitely one of a kind and I loved capturing it and many other memories of the day!

Stacy · Married on 05/13/2017

Working with Kuralay was a great decision!! She exceeded our expectations and made us both feel comfortable both for engagement photos and on our wedding day. I loved her soft and dreamy style from the beginning, and that definitely came through in our photos. Thank you for everything Kuralay, we're so happy we got to work with you!

Sent on 09/22/2017

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

Dear Stacy! It was such a dream to be a part of your wedding - I loved the beautiful first song that you chose to sing instead of dancing! I loved your vows and how lost in the moment you both got despite the approaching summer storm. I also loved working with both of your families. Thank you for such a great opportunity!

Caitlin · Married on 05/06/2017

Kuralay is 150% worth everything she describes herself as. Brian and I are beyond please with everything that she was able to deliver. we only have a few shots right now but you can tell they are amazing. She was able to catch the details of our french inspired day with little Disney touches here and there, as well as take control of our family and friends during the picture time. She was communicative throughout the whole process and really took the time to get to know Brian and I. What amazes me most is that she was able to catch little things that were really us, and noticed our facial reactions when we were happiest. She was a wonderful photographer and fellow Beatles lover who appreciates the details of the wedding day and is super sweet. Thank you Kuralay for capturing our biggest moment yet as a couple. You were wonderful this past weekend - Anyone would be lucky to have you as a photographer! Great style.

Sent on 05/09/2017

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

Awww Caitlin! From the first consultation I knew you'd be a dream bride to work with! You are such a sweet, caring and giving person! Our Beatles connection is just a cherry on top! It was an unforgettable wedding and I am glad I got to be a part of it and to capsule your memories into photos! Thank you for your sweet words about my work!

Rachel · Married on 04/29/2017

“Kuralay was seriously a dream to work with. Her photos are stunning, and she is such a wonderful person. They way her photos capture the love between couples is breathtaking. I appreciate how she really works to tell a story through her pictures .I get very camera shy, and was nervous I was going to look awkward in our engagement and wedding photos (of course my husband is a natural and did not share these concerns), but Kuralay really put me at ease which is not easy to do! She's very responsive, and super professional. We were married in April, on a day where it was very humid and over 90 degrees outside. Kuralay remained upbeat and positive, and definitely kept me sane and happy! I've actually worked with Kuralay in several weddings now, as a bride and a bridesmaid, and always have a very positive experience. My husband and I cannot recommend Kuralay enough! Seriously look no further, because the pictures she takes are perfect.

Sent on 08/30/2017

1001 Angles Photography's reply:

Awww Rachel! I loved loved loved working with you and your group of friends! It definitely felt like a little reunion each time I saw you in a bridesmaid dress and then finally when it was your turn to walk down the aisle! It meant a lot that you picked me to take this journey with you! Much love!