1-2 Step Entertainment Reviews

15 | Oakland, MI

15 Reviews for 1-2 Step Entertainment

Megan · Married on 01/19/2018

I LOVED 1,2 Step Entertainment! We had a Skype call with Tom when we found them and fell in love with him! He has a great voice, professional, and very kind dealing with my odd requests. There pricing is fantastic too! There online planner is easy to use and he played all the songs we loved! Thank you soon much again!!

• Andi6688

Andrea · Married on 10/07/2017

We had an amazing time with Quincy as our DJ as part of 1-2 Step Entertainment. He ran the night exactly as we had hoped, and respected the must play and do not play lists. He had the dance floor busy the whole night, and our guests had a blast. Thank you so much! Highly recommend.

Christie · Married on 08/14/2015

I could not be happier to have had the guys at 1, 2 DJ our big day! We just recently got married, and Tom and Ethan were absolutely fantastic! Leading up to our big day, Tom was so great in providing helpful tips for selecting our music, and he took the time to meet with us in-person to go through our reception and our vision, and to make sure our day was as special as we hoped.

At our wedding, Tom and Ethan did such a wonderful job, and we couldn't have been happier with how the night went! They were both so full of energy, nailed the emcee portions, paced everything out perfectly, and kept the dance floor packed all night long!

All in all, an amazing party and we couldn't have done it without their awesome service. I'd hire their team again in a heart beat and highly recommend them.
    Thank you, 1 2 Step!

Eric · Married on 06/27/2015

Selecting 1, 2 Step Entertainment for our DJ and lighting was one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. From the very first time we spoke with Tom, we could tell that he wanted to make sure our celebration was everything we wanted it to be. On the day of our wedding, Tom went above and beyond our expectations and really kept our party going. He was very attentive and kept checking in with us to make sure we were enjoying the night. They way he interacted with our guests was part of what made the night so enjoyable. Watching Tom bust out some NKOTB dance moves as amazing! We got so many great comments from our guests about Tom, they just loved the job he did. Our celebration would not have been the same without our great DJ! Thank you Tom!

• Julie

Julie · Married on 06/14/2014

Hands Down the best DJ/MC team ever. When my husband and I walked into the reception to do a pre look before everyone came in Tom immediately got me a drink! He worked with us on with all our little details before the big day and even did a site tour to make sure everything was the way we wanted. He took a lot of time and put a lot effort into it which we really appreciated. They went above and beyond! Also, all our guests raved about the music and my husband and I didn't even have time to fill out the "must play" list for him. We just trusted his read on the room and his taste! Wish we had another large event to hire them!

Celeste · Married on 05/17/2014

Tom did an amazing job DJ'ing our wedding. Our DJ that we had originally booked with had an emergency and he had Tom serve as his replacement. I was a bit freaked out to have a DJ that I was unfamiliar with, but I felt way more at ease after speaking with him on the phone. He provided some helpful ideas for the reception and was super helpful the week leading up to the wedding. On the day, he ran the reception flawlessly! All my friends and family have commented on what an amazing job he did with the music selection, and he read the guests' music tastes really well and kept people dancing all night. I couldn't have been more pleased!! Highly recommend!

Jessica · Married on 08/04/2012

Tom with 1, 2 Step Entertainment was awesome to work with. He worked with us to get a feel for what we wanted played for our wedding. He was great with the guests, can reach out and make the guests happy. We were very pleased with 1,2 Step Entertainment :) Thanks!

Dawn · Married on 05/26/2012

Tom and Gary were amazing! I would recommend 1-2 step to any bride, their website was very user friendly and they understood how I wanted the flow of the evening to go and they keep the party hopping.

Lindsey · Married on 04/21/2012

A few days ago, I got a text message from my new husband's cousin asking who our DJ was because he was FANTASTIC. That really says it all about how much fun everyone had.

I was a little nervous about hiring 1-2 Step because there aren't as many reviews for them as there are for other DJ companies in the area. We met with a few companies, and I felt the most comfortable with Tom, not to mention that they provided more for the cost (we got lighting and a gobo along with the DJ and MC services), and they were the most willing to provide a personalized service for us. What I mean by that is that a lot of the other DJs wouldn't get songs they didn't already have or had you pick from a couple playlists for cocktail hour or dinner music. We asked for some songs that they didn't already have and they got them (we asked him to get a specific last dance song, and he did, and it was a perfect moment). We gave him a list of artists to play for cocktail hour/dinner (including instrumental Radiohead), and they did that easily (and I got a lot of compliments on it!). Everyone was dancing the whole night (even people who usually don't dance).

We asked for a specific song during the event. They didn't have it, but they got it for me right then.

They also did our lighting and it looked great. I told them I was a little worried about colored lighting washing everything out, and they said they would just highlight some areas, and if I didn't like it, they would get rid of it. It looked great, and I really appreciated that they listened to my concerns.

Nicole · Married on 05/21/2011

We could not have been happier with DJ Tom, and that is an understatement. Our guests LOVED him, talking about him for days after the reception. He made our wedding the best it could be. He also did our ceremony and gave us exactly what we wanted and more. He was very responsive to our requests for music, must play/don't play, etc, and he kept everything on schedule. Would most DEFINITELY recommend!

Kristal · Married on 08/28/2010

I've never been to a wedding where guests were having so much fun they didn't want to leave, until my wedding. 1,2 Step made sure my guests were all having fun and participating. Even though my scheduled times for things were pushed slightly they made sure everything went smoothly. They also pronounced everyone's name in the bridal party correctly which made my party happy.

Tom and Gary made our event so memorable! Our guests loved them so much that people were asking me about them all night. They made sure everything ran as smooth as possible and were able to give us many tips. They brought to mind things that I hadn't even thought about. I will never go though any other DJ agian. I only recommend 1-2 Step Entertainment!

• Sheila

Sheila · Married on 05/12/2012

We signed with 1,2 Step Entertainment only a couple weeks before our wedding because of an emergency with our first DJ and they turned out great!! They did our ceremony and our reception music. The only thing I would've like better would have been if they had played more our requested dance music. Even with that though, they played everything on time and we got so many compliments on such a fun reception!

Victoria · Married on 09/29/2017

Really enjoyed working with 1,2 Step, definitely recommend to other couples!

Jessica · Married on 06/15/2012

Josh and 1, 2 Step Entertainment were great! Our guests were flowing on and off the dance floor and everyone loved our Gobo. Thank you!