Stunning architecture, luxurious hotels, delectable cuisine and rich culture make Paris the irresistible city of glitz, glamour, and endless romance.
Couples looking for the ultimate honeymoon destination will fall in love with Paris, one of the most romantic cities in the world. The dazzling City of Lights offers something for everyone, whether you want to spend your days taking leisurely strolls along the Seine indulging in pain au chocolat at cozy street-side cafes, or choose to soak up the city’s history and art touring the many famous museums and churches on offer. For the couple who likes to party, Paris is known for its buzzing nightlife with a variety of bars, nightclubs, bistros, and cabaret shows for all tastes. The food alone makes Paris an outstanding vacation spot with excellent wine, cheeses, mouthwatering pastries, and some of the finest chefs on the planet.
The music, the beauty of the French language, the charming avenues – your trip to Paris will be a truly unforgettable experience.
When to Go
The best times to visit are spring and fall, when gorgeous scenery and cozy outdoor cafés abound. Prime tourist season pauses in August when the locals go on vacation. Tourism is lowest in wintertime, offering a cheaper, more authentic experience.
Top Sights and Activities
- Notre Dame Cathedral: Beloved church known for its magnificent French Gothic architecture, bell towers, rose windows, and gargoyles.
- Louvre: Largest art museum in the world whose extensive collection includes the infamous Mona Lisa.
- Eiffel Tower: Iconic structure that towers over the Paris skyline, featuring breathtaking views and dazzling lights.
- Sacré-Coeur: White domed basilica perched atop Montmartre hill with stunning views of the city.
- Musée D’Orsay: World-class art museum exhibiting the most famous paintings by the masters of Impressionism and Post-Impressionism.
- Moulin Rouge: Famous belle époque dance hall featuring the scandalous cabaret revue.
- Catacombs: Eerie winding tunnels underneath Paris lined with carefully assembled walls of bones.
- Avenue des Champs-Élysées: Boulevard of luxury stores, cafés and restaurants, famous for its upscale shopping.
- Château de Versailles: Louis XIV’s majestic palace, featuring the Hall of Mirrors, King’s Grand Apartments, and landscaped gardens.
- Opéra Garnier: Lavish opera house that hosts the ballet and inspired The Phantom of the Opera.
- Panthéon: Neo-Classical church turned mausoleum where famous citizens like Victor Hugo and Marie Curie were interred.
- River Seine: Stroll along the Left or Right Bank or take a romantic sunset river cruise.
- Place de la Bastille: Hotspot for Parisian nightlife, with clubs, cafes, and the popular wine bar Le Baron Rouge.
- Jardin des Tuileries: Beautiful landscaped gardens with ponds, a large fountain, sculptures, merry-go-rounds, and an enormous Ferris wheel.
- Arc de Triomphe: Monumental arch at the top of the Champs- Élysées, a tribute to the French military.
Get access to travel deals when you book your honeymoon through WeddingWire